• Published 20th Aug 2021
  • 1,609 Views, 23 Comments

Star Wars Friendship: The Clone Wars - Aegis Spirit



When a MLP fan awakens in the Star Wars Universe with his brother, they encounter familiar aspects from the My Little Pony, the Halo Universe, and the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Universe.

  • ...
6
 23
 1,609

Chapter 5: Talk with Friends

We were on our way to Coruscant to drop off the Jedi and the clones after we rescued Jabba’s son. On route, we decided to have dinner with them. After talking with Applejack and Pinkie Pie what we should eat, we decided on making apple pizza. As I was putting the cheese on the pizza, Oracle informed me I was getting a call from my brother, and I headed to the comm room. As I entered the comm room, I remembered Obi-Wan asking where my friends and I got our lightsaber crystals. Maybe I should talk with my brother about it. There, I got in contact with my brother as his hologram appeared over the table. He was wearing his self made Spartan Mandalorian Armor, with the traditional T visor. I noticed he had a couple of blaster marks on his spartan armor. Unlike the Halo Universe, the spartan armor don’t have energy shields, but could still withstand multiple blaster bolts.

“Hey, Leo. Are you alright?” I asked him.

Yeah, it was a difficult battle, but we managed to push the CIS out of the frontier. What about you, how’d your mission go?” My brother asked, visibly tired.

“Well, we were able to rescue Jabba’s son and safely returned him to Tatooine. Turns out, the CIS were responsible for his kidnapping. Dooku planned to frame the Republic for Jabba’s son kidnapping and have the Hutt’s join them. Luckily, we were able to rescue the Hutt. We’re on our way to Coruscant to drop off the Jedi and clones.” Leonidas smiled.

That’s good to hear. Without the Hutts, the CIS will have a hard time against the Republic. That’ll give the Frontier some breathing room. Especially with their failed invasion in the Frontier.” Leonidas said before noticing something. “Hey, you alright?” He asked, noticing the worry look on my face.

I sighed a little. “Earlier, one of the Jedi, Master Kenobi asked where my friends and I got our kyber crystals. I’m worried how much we should tell them.” I said.

You mean whether or not you should tell them about the Princesses. Or about the incident.” Leonidas hypothesized, to which I nodded my head. “Well, I believe that you should call the princesses themselves.” He advised. He’s right, it’s not my secret it’s theirs.

“Alright, Leo. I call them right away. Love you, brother.” I said smiling.

Love you too, Aegis. Oh, and about your crus…” I didn’t let him finish as I hung up. I tapped on the glass and a it lit up a list of callers. I tapped on Princess Celestia’s name and waited for her to answer the subspace transceiver. A moment later, Princess Celestia’s hologram appeared on the table. She was wearing her white royal dress.

Aegis, it’s good to see you again. I got your and Fluttershy’s report. I’m proud you all helped Jabba’s son.” Princess Celestia said smiling.

“Thank you, Princess. But there’s something I need to ask you. We taking the Jedi back to Coruscant. And Jedi Master Kenobi asked where we got our kyber crystals. I’m worried how much we should tell him.” I explained to her.

Princess Celestia closed her eyes in thought before looking at me. “It’s alright to tell them Aegis. It’s not like it much of a secret since all of Equestria knows it. Beside, the Jedi and the Republic are gonna find out sooner or later.” She told me. I sighed in relief, especially since I can’t tell a convincing lie like Applejack.

Aegis, dinner’s ready.” I heard Applejack’s voice on the intercom.

“I gotta go, Princess Celestia. Tell Princess Luna I said hello.” I said.

Of course, Aegis. Until next time.” Princess Celestia said before hanging up. I felt a lot better after hearing our teacher saying it was alright. I went back down to the kitchen to see Twilight and Rainbow Dash set up some more tables so everyone could sit here. Everyone were talking among themselves until Rarity noticed me.

“Welcome back, Aegis. Is everything alright with your brother?” Rarity asked.

“Yup, he and the Militia managed to push back the CIS Assault on our colony worlds.” I told them as I sat down next to Twilight. I began eating my pizza as Obi-Wan finished his drink.

“Aegis, I’ve been meaning to ask you. Before, I asked where you and your friends got your kyber crystals. I was hoping you could enlighten us on it.” Obi-Wan asked. My friends and I stopped eating and looked at one another. I can tell they were wondering if they should tell him the truth.

“Don’t worry everyone, I called Princess Celestia, and she said it was alright to tell them.” I said, earning a some confused look’s from our guests.

“Princess Celestia?” Ahsoka asked, not knowing who she is.

“I believe we should start from the beginning.” Twilight started. She explained how we traveled to Equestria after we left the Jedi Order. We eventually found our parents with the help of a Militia officer and it turns out that Aegis’s brother, Leonidas.

“Wait!” Obi-Wan said surprised. “Your brother is Leonidas. As in one of the rumored super soldiers and known the Lion of the Frontier.” He said. My brother gained a reputation thanks to his combat skills and leadership in the military. As well as his habit of fighting on the frontlines. Even the other clone troopers started listening in.

“Yup, he was on Equestria for some R&R. He introduced us to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Actually, he’s kinda like you Anakin.” Told him.

“Really?” Anakin asked.

I nodded my head. “Yup, both of you are extremely loyal to your soldiers and are skilled combatants.”

“Well that’s not good, I’m not sure our galaxy and handle two Skywalkers.” Rainbow Dash joked. We all laughed as Anakin glared at Rainbow Dash.

“Anyway, it turns out during the Equestrian Civil War, the Princesses were both taught by Starswirl the Bearded.” I told them. Obi-Wan grew even more surprised.

Ahsoka raised an eyebrow. “Who’s Starswirl?” She asked.

“Starswirl is one of the few ponies that were Force Sensitive.” Obi-Wan answered. “I recall Master Yoda talking about him, how the both of them were good friends. So I assume you all were trained by the Princesses and received your kyber crystals?” Kenobi asked.

“Partially, we were trained by the Princesses, though we didn’t get our kyber crystal from them.” Rarity told them.

“Shortly after the Clone Wars started, during the Summer Sun Celebration. One of the Frontier Generals, General Marder, somehow used a Sith artifact to corrupt the Princesses, turning them into darker versions of themselves. Despite the guards with them, they completely overpowered them and escaped.” Sunset explained until Pinkie Pie cut in.

“Then we tried to go after them, but Leonidas was like, ‘stay here.’ But we meditated together and were able to find out they went to Odesson.” Pinkie Pie said.

“Odesson?” Anakin asked. “If I remember my military history, wasn’t that the home planet of the Alliance during the old republic?”

“Yup, though it’s seen better days. The base was complete overgrown from the nature.” Applejack answered.

“Moving on. We travelled to Odesson to find the Princesses, and found out they travelled into a certain spot in the forest.” Twilight said as Rainbow Dash cut in this time.

“So we braved the dark forest, overcame whatever obstacle the Princesses threw at us and found them in a cave.” Rainbow Dash proudly said.

“It turns out that the Princesses were trying to destroy something called the Tree of Harmony, which Starswirl discovered. According to his notes, the Tree of Harmony is made out of kyber crystals, and hold the Elements of Harmony, a power that can only be manifested when those who represent the elements are present.” Twilight explained

Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Ahsoka looked to one another in thought of what we were telling them. “So what are these Elements of Harmony?” Anakin asked.

“The Elements are Harmony are honesty, kindness, laughter, generosity, loyalty, empathy, acceptance and magic. And each one of us represent an element. Applejack represents Honesty, Fluttershy represents kindness, Pinkie Pie represents Laughter. Rarity represents Generosity. Rainbow Dash represents Loyalty. Sunset represents Empathy. I represents Acceptance. And Twilight represent magic, the element that binds all of the other elements. It are these elements that give the tree life.” I explained.

“But when we got there, it looked like the tree was dying. And the Princesses were attempting to end it.” Fluttershy added.

“Luckily, the tree’s elements resonated with us and with it’s power, we were able to return the Princesses back to normal. Afterwards, pieces of the Elements of Harmony broke off and gifted themselves to us. Which we used for our lightsabers.” Twilight finished. The Jedi and the clones were amazed by this, and somewhat concerned.

“So what happened to Marder?” Rex asked.

“We don’t know. After we rescued the Princesses, they said Marder just left them shortly before we arrived. Leonidas told us that the Militia Intelligence tracked his ship to the CIS territory. After that, he went missing.” Rarity explained.

The Jedi looked at one another, wondering why Marder would travel to the CIS. “Do you perhaps think Dooku was behind the Princesses corruption?” Obi-Wan hypothesized.

“Well, that’s the Militia Intelligence best guess. Since they know Dooku is a Sith. But as far as they know, Dooku and Marder never met while he was still in the Militia.” Sunset answered.

“So either Dooku had a means to contact Marder without the Militia Intelligence knowing about it, or someone was responsible.” Fluttershy said. This question still plagues the Militia Intelligence, since they found nothing in Marder’s office or home.

“Alrighty now, that’s enough talking about the past. How about we change the subject.” Applejack asked everyone. Obi-Wan seemed satisfied with what we told them and accepted to talk about something else.

“Yeah, like what do you all do during your free time. I plan out parties for all my friends.” Pinkie Pie suggested as she pulled out a paper sheet that folded down, showing a list of birthday plans.

“Oh, I normally just meditate and practice my lightsaber.” Ahsoka said.

“Really? You don’t do anything else?” Twilight ask after eating a piece of her pizza.

“Not really. I know that other Jedi normally work with machines and working on their lightsabers. What about you all?” Ahsoka asked.

“Well dear, I like sow clothes. In fact, Ahsoka dear, you would look great in some of the clothes I’ve made.” Rarity said smiling.

“Uhh, maybe next time.” Ahsoka politely declined, not really interested in trying on new clothes when she’s fine with the one she has on.

“I usually practice my painting. Some of these paintings are my handy work.” Sunset said, gesturing to the magnificent paintings on the wall.

“I normally like to study the books the Princesses give me and practice with my Force abilities.” Twilight said.

“Well I like having tea parties with my little animal friends.” Fluttershy said, as a certain cute/mean white rabbit hopped onto her lap. “Oh, hello Angle.” She said as my friend hugged her pet rabbit. Despite it’s looks, that rabbit can be a real jerk.

“I grow ma small orchard. And sometime practice with ma rope skills.” Applejack told everyone and she pulled out a rope from her hat.

“And I like working on my starfighter and watching the wonderbolts fly on the vids.” Rainbow Dash said excitedly, thinking about her idols.

“The Wonderbolts? Who are they?” Anakin asked, not familiar with the name. Rainbow Dash just gasped in shock as if a world was shattered.

“You guys don’t know who the Wonderbolts are!?” The rainbow mane girl asked them. All the clones and Jedi shook their head no. Rainbow Dash used her Force Speed to run to her room and returned with a poster of the Wonderbolts. “The Wonderbolts are the best pilots in the Frontier. First starting out on our homeward of Equestria, the Wonderbolts became a huge part in the Frontier Military and possess the best starfighters the Militia can offer. Not only that, they perform stunts to show the pride and professionalism to not only Equestria, but all of the Frontier Militia Navy.” Rainbow Dash explained with pride. Out of everyone here, Anakin was the most interested in this group.

“That reminds me, what happened to the spice freighter you two took to Tatooine?” Fluttershy asked him.

“He crashed it.” Ahsoka teased her master.

“It wasn’t my fault, I didn’t have time to modify it.” Anakin pointed out, to which some of us thought his reaction was a little funny. “Anyway, after we reach Coruscant, I was thinking of going back to to salvage it.”

“Really, why?” His Padawan asked confused.

Anakin shrugged his shoulders. “I figured a ship like that would come in handy. Besides I could teach you some mechanics.” Anakin replied.

I was about to tell them my hobby until I realized something. “How about you Rex? Do you and your men have any hobbies.” I asked.

For some reason, Rex was a bit surprised to be asked this. “Well, the boys and I normally go to a cantina of Coruscant whenever we’re on shore leave. Beside that, nothing much.” Rex answered.

Anakin looked a little regretful before looking at his clone captain. “Rex, mind if I ask you something. And I want you to be completely honest.”

“Of course, General.” Rex replied, wondering what his Jedi General wanted to know.

Anakin took a moment before opening his mouth. “Do you and your men feel like your being forced to fight this war?” The Jedi asked him. We can all tell Anakin didn’t feel comfortable asking him this. I guess after Slick’s betrayal on Christophsis, Anakin needs to ask him this.

All the clones stopped eating as the glanced over to their captain. Rex paused, thinking of an answer. “Well, after what happened with Slick. I believe we clones have mixed feelings about the war. We were created to fight the war, but then again, without it, we wouldn’t exist.” He answered. My friends and I looked at one another at Rex’s answer. Without the war, the clone army would never have been created in the first place.

“So, you all are alright with fighting for the Republic?” Anakin asked, to which Rex nodded.

“Of course, sir. We’re the only thing that can protect the Republic from the Separatists.” The clone next to Rex answered. I felt a bit guilty at myself. I always thought the clones were reluctant soldiers who were taught to be soldiers that only follow orders. Turns out, clones like Rex know they were bred for this war, and still chose to fight.

“What about you, Aegis? What’s your hobby?” Ahsoka asked me.

“Oh, right. I normally collect some starship models and study martial arts. As well as practice my violin.” answered them.

“You collect starship models too?” Anakin asked.

“Yup, they ship models I have so far are miniature representations the Militia uses.” I answered.

“You said you play the Violin? Isn’t that a musical instrument.” Obi-Wan asked.

“Oh yes. Aegis has been practicing with it for a while now. Actually, didn’t you say you finished writing a song?” Fluttershy asked.

“Um, yeah. But I’m a little nervous actually singing it in front of other people.” I said. Truth is, the song I wrote is one of my favorites from my previous life.

“Oh come now, sugercube. Your gonna have to sing it to us sooner or later.” Applejack insisted. Everyone else wanted to hear me sing so I went back to my room and came back down with my violin.

“Just so you all know, this will be my first time performing in front of someone else, so it might not be that good.” I said as I place the bow on the strings of my violin.

After I finished the song, everyone started clapping their hands. They were all moved by the song I singed.

“Wow, Aegis. That was was beautiful.” Twilight complimented me, to which I blushed a little.

“Thanks everyone. After spending time with you girls, it made me want to sing this song.” I said, which made my friends smile.

Just then, the blue holographic sphere of Oracle appeared in the middle in the table. “Aegis, we’ll be arriving to Coruscant in about five minutes.” Oracle told us.

“Thanks, Oracle.” Rainbow Dash said before she headed up for the cockpit. Obi-Wan went up with her to tell the Coruscant fleet to let us pass. With all of us full, Fluttershy, Sunset, and I took everyone’s plates to clean them as everyone else were talking with the other clones and Ahsoka. Rarity wanted to take Ahsoka to her room to try on some clothes, though the Jedi Padawan politely declined.

“Hey Aegis. mind if I ask you somethings before we land?” Anakin asked.

“Sure, Anakin. What is is?” I replied as I placed a dish in the washing machine.

“Well, for one. You mentioned that you have a problem taking things too seriously. But I don’t remember you had that problem back at the Temple.” Anakin asked.

I sighed, not feeling comfortable about my disability. “That’s because I have mild autism. It’s a mental disability that causes me to have problems with social communications and certain behaviors.” I answered. Luckily, my parents got me help when I was growing up to at least manage it.

“Oh, I’m sorry Aegis. I didn’t know.” Anakin said, feeling a bit guilty for asking.

I just waved it off. “It’s alright Anakin, what’s the other thing you wanted to ask?” I asked

“Listen, I know how you all don’t have a strong opinion of the Jedi, especially after what happened when you all left. But I was wondering if you all are willing to accept missions from the Republic?” My friend asked.

Sunset placed one of the wet dishes in the sink and looked towards Anakin. “I don’t know, Anakin. We don’t plan on joining any sides in this war.” She told him.

“I know, but maybe you all would at least consider some jobs. You don’t have to join us, but I know the Republic would really appreciate it.” Anakin insisted. My friends and I looked at one another, each considering the ups and downs of working for the Republic.

“We’ll consider it, Anakin. But I make no promises. We still have other duties such as transporting supplies to neutral planets who are affected by the war. Not to mention the jobs we accept from the Frontier Militia.” I told him. In a lot of people’s opinion, at least those in the neutral system, believe the Republic were just as responsible for the war as the CIS.

Anakin, I got in contact with the Chancellor. He wants to meet all of us on the landing pad as soon as we land.” We heard Obi-Wan’s voice on Anakin’s wrist comm.

“Understood, Obi-Wan. We’ll be down in a minute.” Anakin replied. Huh, I wondered why the Chancellor wanted to meet all of us. After setting the remaining plates in the sink, we felt the ship bump, indicating we’ve landed. All of us headed down toward the hanger and walked toward the doors.

Sunset hit the panel to open the ramp as Rainbow Dash and Obi-Wan arrived behind us. The ramp lowered down, revealing a handful of Senate Guards escorting some senators and a few Jedi. Two of the Jedi my friends and I recognized were Master Windu and Master Yoda, with the former still not smiling like we remember. Twilight and I recognize the man with the Senators was the Chancellor Palpatine. The Chancellor was an elderly man with light skin, blue eyes, and white hair. We all walked down the ramp to meet them. Around us was towering buildings and shuttles flying around.

“Good it is, to see you all again.” Yoda greeted us.

“Hello, Master Yoda. It’s great seeing you again.” Sunset said smiling.

“Welcome back, Master Jedi. We’re all pleased that you your mission was a success.” The Chancellor said smiling.

“Of course, your Excellence. But we may not have succeeded with out their help.” Anakin gestured to my friends and I.

The Chancellor smiled softly as he looked at us.“Then behalf of the Republic, thank you for helping us.” He thanked us as two Senate Guards walked up to us with some cases. “And here is your reward for your services."

“Of course, Chancellor, we were happy to help.” Twilight replied. Applejack and Pinkie Pie accepted the cases from the guards.

“Well, in that case, then perhaps consider joining the Republic? With your help, we could perhaps end this war sooner.” Palpatine suggested.

“I’m sorry, your Excellency, but I already talked to them about joining us and they decided to stay as Freelancers, which I respect their choice.” Anakin told the Chancellor. My friends and I smiled that Anakin respected our choice to remain as Freelancers.

Chancellor Palpatine seemed a little disappointed that we weren’t joining the Republic, but for a split second, I though I felt great irritation from the elder. “I see, but perhaps you would reconsider another time.” The Chancellor before leaving with the other Senators.

“Master Kenobi, the Council would like to debrief you on your previous mission.” Master Windu told him.

“Of course.” Obi-Wan said before leaving with some of the Jedi Council members. One of the Jedi however, stayed behind. He was a human male with gray hair and brown eyes. It took me a second before I realized who he was.

“Master Kota! what are you doing here.” I said, surprised. Had I stayed at the Jedi Temple, the Jedi before me would have become my master.

“I was at the Jedi Temple when Sunset told us of the evidence she found. It led me and my men to Ziro, Jabba’s uncle. He was the one who helped the Separatists to kidnap Jabba’s son so they could frame it on the Republic. He wanted Jabba to kill the Jedi so the Republic will before force to seek justice. That way, Ziro would’ve gain control of the Hutt clan.

“How could that slug betray his own family like that.” Applejack said disbelieved. To her, family is the most important thing in the world

“I guess there are just some people in this galaxy who doesn’t nearly value family as much as personal power. I just hope he payed for his crimes.” Sunset said.

“Oh, believe me he did.” Kota confirmed. “I lead my men to arrest Ziro, where we also found the Senator of Naboo.

“Really?” Anakin asked surprised.

“She was attempting to convince Ziro that we didn’t kidnap Jabba’s son, only to find out that Ziro was talking with Dooku. Luckily, we arrived just before the Hutt could try anything.”

“I see. That’s good to hear.” Anakin said relieved. Oh right, the Senator of Naboo was the former queen Anakin met before coming to the Jedi Temple. I wonder if he stills has a crush on her.

“Well, it was great seeing you again, Master Kota. I hope we meet again.” I said smiling.

“Likewise, Aegis. Who knows, maybe I’ll ask you and your friends for help one of these days.” Kota responded smiling before leaving.

My friends and I looked towards Anakin. “It was good working with you, Anakin and Ahsoka. Hopefully next time no fighting will be involved.” I said to them.

“Likewise, everyone.” Anakin replied.

They we about to leave until Pinkie Pie spoke up. “Oh, I almost forgot.” She said before bringing out a well cooked pie seemingly out of her mane. “Here you two go.” My pink fur friend offered them.

“Where did you get that pie?” Ahsoka asked, to which Anakin was wondering as well.

“It’s a trade secret. That and the author doesn't want to tell.” Pinkie Pie answered smiling.

Ahsoka looked at her Master who shrugged his shoulders. Ahsoka looked back at Pinkie Pie and accepted her pie. “Thank you, Pinkie. I’m sure we’ll enjoy this.” She said before leaving with her Master. My friends and I went back inside the Friendship, ready for our next adventure.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update, some of my coworkers were sick and I had to pick up some shifts with work.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I also made some changes to Chapter 4 to introduce a new villain. I suggest you all read the part where Aegis goes to help Obi-Wan to fight Ventress.

I do my own proofread, but sometimes even I miss a word or two. Please critique and post if you see any in the comments.

Thank you, and I hope you all have a nice day.