• Published 6th Jul 2021
  • 871 Views, 11 Comments

Sparkle Within Me - Nyx - R M brony



Avery was chosen to become the hope of Equestria future as known as Twilight Sparkle

  • ...
3
 11
 871

Chapter 2 A Promise Between Sun and Star

Avery lay on the bed, and his tears are already dried, thinking about when Celestia will come. He has calmed down a little bit, but he doesn't know how long it will last, and he could be bursting into tears at any second.

"You have made your choice, and you need to be strong, no more tears, accept the responsibility. You can do this; you just have to believe in yourself, and you got this! Don't worry about it!" Avery closed his eyes and said to himself, trying to imagine that the actual Twilight is telling him these words.

Now, he has completely calmed down, he can begin to think what his next step will be, but since Celestia has yet to come and he doesn't think he has anything else he can do besides waiting for her, he is just staring outside the window for some pretty view.

Outside the window is the street of Canterlot, and it's more beautiful than he can imagine. He can't wait to see it even closer and It will be absolutely fantastic. "It's gorgeous! I believe it will be even better if I see this view from the nighttime." He said and didn't realize that he spoke it out loud.

"I believe if you see it from my castle balcony it will be even more enjoyable." A soft, also familiar voice suddenly says, and Avery knows who is speaking right away.

He turned around and saw her standing in front of the door with a big smile. She seems glad to see him, in fact, a little bit too happy, and Avery is not sure why but a strange feeling comes across his heart.

"Oh, hi princess, I didn't know you were here already, I'm sorry," Avery says and thinking to himself. ‘Dear God, she is enormous; comparing my size to her size, it's totally a different type of world level.’

"*Giggle* There is no need to apologize. Now, little one, I heard from the doctor you said that your name is Twilight Sparkle, correct?" Celestia walks inside the room, sitting right beside Avery’s bedside and the joy on her face is indescribable.

"Uh... yes, your highness! My name is Twilight Sparkle...! Uh, princess, if you don't mind, can you tell me why you wanted to ask me some questions?" Avery said, then he realized something, he began to behave more like the real Twilight, and he didn't know why and how. Is this body changing him, or did he unintentionally start acting?

Avery loves doing a play, but he easily forgets the script is the main reason why he gave up on this road. Because in science, he can review the chemical material over and over again, while in the play, he can't.

"Did you know anything about a strange lightning bolt that struck the center of the city? You were found there, right in the middle of the hole it created, and that's why I want to ask you." Celestia says.

For some reason, Avery has a feeling it's more than just that, but he has no information and blindly guessing it's not good; therefore, he'll leave that feeling aside, answering the question that she asked first.

"I don't know the lightning you mention, wait! Hold on a second! Are you saying that I got stricken by the lightning, which could create a massive hole in the ground and somehow still survive? If that's the truth, then I don't know what else to say; even I can't believe it, but here I am talking to you. For Lauren's sake, how's that even possible!" Avery complained, looking down at his hoof didn't realize the shock, also happy emotion on Celestia's face as some drops of tears rolling down from her cheeks.

While Celestia is still recovering from her state, Avery simply thinks about why and how this happened. And all of a sudden, he noticed that he didn't know anything about magic. He doesn't know how it works, what it is capable of, how many spells there are, and he doesn't even know how to cast one, which means how could he figure it out with almost zero knowledge he has.

With that in mind, Avery asks Celestia, "Princess, is there a book that can teach me about magic; I kinda want to study about magic so that I can understand about this lightning bolt that hit me."

There is no response...! Thus Avery looked up and saw the tear of joy on Celestia's face, and he froze for a second due to seeing how overwhelmed she was by happiness.

"Uh... princess, are you all right? Why are you weeping?" Avery asks in confusion. ‘Did I break her, or did something else happened? I'm so confused right now.’

The next second, before Avery can understand what happened, Celestia stands up, hugging him tightly, and spins in circles yelling, "Yes! YES! YES! I finally found you; I had never been this happy before! This is the new dawn of Equestria! Oh, wait! I should say a new twilight for Equestria instead! But who cares, I at last found you!"

"Need... air... princess...!" Avery tries to squeeze out a few words from Celestia's tight hug.

"Oops! I'm so sorry, my little pony. It's just that I'm too happy to see you. I'd been waiting for this moment for hundreds of years." Celestia loses her hug and puts Avery back on the bed with a sheepish face while Avery tries to breathe in as much air as possible.

"Waiting... for... me...? What..., what are you talking about?" Avery asked while still trying to catch his breath from Celestia's strong hug.

"You just said the name Lauren, didn't you?" Celestia says with a big smile on her face.

"Uh, yeah! But what did it have to do with the question that I asked you?" Avery speaks with confusion.

"Nopony knows that name for at least a thousand years, which implies that you are sent here by her to help me, aren't you? Otherwise, how can you explain why you know that name?" Celestia replies and Avery can see the sparkle in her eyes which are filled with hope and brightness.

"I can't tell you how or why I know the name, Lauren, but what I can tell you is that I wasn't sent by her," Avery answered while hoping that she won't find it weird because considering he can't tell her about the show or anything that relates to it.

Celestia seems to a tiny bit disbelieve his word, but she didn't question it further; instead, she asks Avery, "The doctor said that you didn't answer him anything when he is asking you about your family. Do you mind telling me what's wrong so that I can help you?"

*Silence...*

Avery didn't say anything, and he didn't plan to either. He just sat there and turned his head away from Celestia.

Seeing Avery not saying anything, even turning his head away, Celestia says, "I'll take that as a no. That's fine if you don't want to talk about it, but if one day you want somepony to talk about it, can I be that pony? Also, Twilight, if you keep all the pain and sadness to yourself, it won't be healthy. Just remember, when you need help, you can call me."

That motherly tone nearly made Avery want to tell her everything, but he can't; it's not only for his own good but also for the future of Equestria. The more pony knows about it, the greater the snowball gets, and he won't let that happen to his beloved Equestria. NEVER!

At the same time, he realizes this will be his opportunity to become Celestia's student in order to keep the future of Equestria on the path where it should be. But if he becomes her student now, which means he won't connect to the Sonic Rainboom event, then again OG Twilight was shocked by the Rainboom so that she lost her magic control; however, he already knows the Rainboom is coming that been say he won't be surprised by it.

Thus, he thinks he better tell her that he wants to become her student right now; otherwise, he doesn't think he had another chance like this.

‘Here goes nothing.’ "Princess!" Avery says with determination.

"Yes, Twilight, what's wrong?" She seems surprised that Avery spoke to her again this soon after asking him about his family.

"I want to become your student!" Avery says it loudly, hoping she won't deny his request.

"Oh? Why do you want to become my student?" She seemed happy that Avery said that, probably because she thought she had to convince him to become her student.

"I want to study about that lightning bolt, and I want to help you!" Avery speaks firmly.

"I understand you want to study the lightning bolt, but I don't understand why you said you want to help me. Twilight, would you kindly explain to me why you think I need help?" Celestia's feelings are complex right now. Yes, indeed, she needs help, but she doesn't understand how the little filly will notice something this small since she barely shows any sign of that.

"Your eyes, they tell me everything. You are scared and want to be saved. I may not be a great magician, but I want to be there for you. You are alone, and that loneliness is driving you crazy, isn't it?" Avery tells her while hoping that she won't know everything he says about her eyes is a half-lie since you can lie about your words and your expression easily but not eyes which is the best way to convince her that he saw those in her eyes.

And to be honest, Avery doesn't know if what he said is true or not. He just assumed Luna hasn't come back for him AKA now Twilight being this young which means Celestia wants to bring her back so badly, that she will do anything to turn her little sister back to normal.

"I... How...?" Celestia is speechless and doesn't know what else to say. Seeing her inarticulate, Avery decides to go even further and tell her.

"You lost your family, didn't you? I had seen those eyes before..., I saw them in the mirror, on my reflection. It's oblivious that you have been through this longer than me, and you have hidden those feelings very well; however, no matter how great you are at lying to ponies, even yourself, the eyes can't lie. Maybe because you are a princess, you hide that emotion too well. I didn't discover it at first, but as time goes by, I slowly see it and your eyes and my eyes having a soul talk. At that moment, I know, we both need each other to heal."

After Avery finished his words, Celestia cried. She put a sound barrier around the room, or at least, Avery thinks she did. Otherwise, why would no guard come in if they can hear the princess crying?

Then she uses a spell to make her about Avery’s body size and starts hugging him and thanking Avery at the same time because she doesn't want to repeat the hug event earlier once again. Despite her tears all over Avery’s body, which feels uncomfortable, he'll just let her be, cause right now, at this moment, she is not the sun princess nor Celestia. She's just Tia, a broken mare that needed to heal so badly.

"It's ok, Tia! We can overcome this! I promise you that I will never leave your side no matter what happens; I will respect your decision, while I hope you can do the same for me as well. I will be inside your heart even when I am not physically with you!" Avery says, hugging her even tighter.

Tia, I promise you that I will never leave your side no matter what happens. I will be inside your heart even when I am not physically with you!

This is the second time Celestia has a flashback, which made her believe the little filly in front of her isn't some ordinary kid, but rather a gift, a present that her mother sent, and she promised her mother she won't waste this gift.

"You know, as a princess, I shouldn't cry, but I can't control myself, and I am glad to be your teacher. Thank you, Twilight!" Celestia says with a big grin.

"It's nothing! Just do what I can do, that's all!" Avery responded with a big grin as well.

Celestia changes back to her original size and removes the sound barrier, then says to me, "I should leave since I have a lot of duties I have to do, and by the way, after I leave the doctor will take you to do a magic and body check. I hope you won't mind."

When she comes to the door Avery comes by her side and says.

"Don't worry about it! Let's all work together to heal each other while trying to save L-U-N-A!" While doing a wink when speaking about Luna.

"How did you...?"

Before Celestia can finish her words, Avery quickly interrupts her and says, "Bye! See you later!" Then push Celestia out of the room right away.

‘Mother, what an interesting filly you gave me!’ Celestia thinks and leaves the room.

Author's Note:

Trying my best to write a chapter a week.