• Published 28th Jun 2021
  • 275 Views, 4 Comments

The Twilight Evangelion Excursion - Kentavritsa



Life in Twilight Town nice pleasant, with her friends, under the rule of the Mayor and owner of the Stylus responsible for creation itself. However, Twilight is curious; she wants to know, to see the world outside.

  • ...
 4
 275

5 :Construction (Upgrade): 5

Author's Note:

Twilight Sparkle's POV

--- --- ---

Next chapter: Diane's Morning

.

I had been doing some thinking, considering what I could do; upgrading my situation, ensuring she would never run out of magic. I don't know how much she is spending, or if any of it may be recuperated or restored. This is worrying me.

Though I had realized, this Mecha was rendered with full batteries; keeping more than enough power, for me to move freely on town for the entire trip and still have energy to spare. Thankfully.

Maneuvering my Mecha is surprisingly relaxing, easy for me; just as it is not relying on my mana reserves, by any means. Not even casting traditional spells rely on my personal mana reserves. This part came out as a bit of a shock and choker on me.

While my original fears had been evaporating, as I experience the ride; but I still do need to power this Mecha,, in order for me to be able to ride it. Maybe I could have used my magic, to refill the power reserves; but even this would still be taxing on me in the long run.

There is but the one, final solution for me; I need to construct a means for me to power my Mecha long-term. I can't hook it up to the local net the Trotters is paying for, so I have to build something else; something entirely different that does by no means affect the environment. A renewable source I can rely upon to be there for me. My option falls upon solar power, of course; this should be able to power up both the Mecha and the entire Twilight Town, but also give us all the hot water we could possibly need. No effort on my part, once it had been successfully installed.

Once I had returned, safely; with May by my side, I had returned to her room and Twilight Town.

Maybe the name is a bit too much on the muzzle? But now I am stuck with it. This is not Ponyville; so I guess I could not refer to it, as such. However, I can still call it my home all the same.

I still do have some of my closest friends with me, in Twilight Town; even if I still do miss all the other Ponies of Ponyville and Princess Celestia of course. I can't quite push her out of my mind.

Once the door to May's room had closed behind me, I trot up to the desk; leaning my muzzle up towards the desktop. With that, I open my mouth; finding myself teleported back into the mouth, from which I trot out of the Mecha. With that, the excursion, the adventure to town is at an end as I trot down onto her desk. I am once more back home, with all the friends I have.

Well, I do have a few other friends now; but they don't live at this address, with us. I had made a few friends, as we were out on town. I am looking forwards, to seeing them again; next time, we go out.

First, I am trotting home; calling up all the files I have, on Solar Power. Reading up on all the details I could possibly need; before I step back out, returning to her Stylus.

Once I had managed to reach the desired destination, I am stopping before her Stylus; collecting my thoughts, as the ideas are coalescing in my head and forms a concrete design.

Now, I start sketching up, what I had had in mind all along; step-by-step, building up what I need. Little by little, the item is building up, on the screen before me.

As a Unicorn, it is not hard to draw on her Stylus; using the tools, she had inadvertently exposed me to. Considering, just how experienced and skilled a Unicorn I am; makes this into foal's play, no more challenging than what you do in kindergarten. Being a mature adult would explain it all.

While both parts of the construct is multi-layered; but it is a dual-layer construct, on the surface. One solar-power unit to heat the water, hidden under the conventional solar panel, generating all the electric power I could possibly need. Ever. I draw the panels to cover the entire roof of the building.

However, I will just have to replace the roof cover entirely. This could not be helped; based on the design I had chosen, but that is the trade-off. The panels will be integrated directly into the building; not mounted onto the top, of the roof.

I had just added a layer of crystal-clear Diamond and Sapphire to coat and protect the panels.

Once I had finished drawing up the design, I press render. With that, the process is initiated; all I need to do now, is to wait for the process to complete.

As the solar panels are rendering, I draw up the connections and the cables; before I continue to the converters and the batteries, I will be needing to store all the power generated. Of course, I have limited space, under the ceiling. I had added the converters for the batteries, as well as the one for me to hook up to charge my Mecha.

Knowing I can only store so much power, I will be hooking up my batteries to feed the surplus into our home to repay for my usage. At least, this is my reasoning; even if I had never asked, and they have not asked for this either.

Since I had read up, on my electronics and how to install and draw the wiring; I feel secure in producing a professional and proficient job. The power entering the cable will be complying with all the local regulations, applying to the county, state and nation within which I am currently living. Just in case.

With safety in mind, I had opted for a modular approach; even if the wires are all connected, to the respective components. This way, it will be easy to replace faulty equipment. Just as it means; I can swap a unit if and when the safety standard is tightened up, or I just need to upgrade the unit for higher effect and efficiency.

The safety standards, is easily accessed by anyone; but I don't know the exact output, or what I will be needing. I just put in the effort; in following the strictest available standards and maximizing the output.

Naturally, I had checked for any subsidies this installation could be entitled to; applying for this, beforehand. I had filled in all the details, to the letter; including every detail required, including the account into which the funds where to be deposited. Naturally, I had top apply for this account, before I could specify the details into the application; but I had completed the form.

"Okay, that was fun!" I mumble; "At least; Celestia did teach me, how to fill out a form.." I ponder, snickering.

There is a "Ping" heard, for each component render completed.

Since I had completed my work, drawing up each and every component; I teleport up to the attic, where I inspect the handiwork I had just drawn up. It all looks great, spotless; each component up to specs, installed flawlessly. I can see the panels soaking up the sunlight, converting the energy into electric power; I lead down into the batteries, storied for later use.

As the power, stored in the first battery reaches the level; I start charging the Mecha, for the use.

Since the installation is complete, I had inspected the work; now I am teleporting back, down to the desk in May's room. I trot over to my Mecha; watching it move back into a resting position, before it is accepting the charge.

"I hope I have enough charge, for a trot on the town by tomorrow; if and when I choose to go out again!" I ponder; as I trot back to my home, exhausted from the excursion.

--- --- ---