• Published 22nd May 2021
  • 491 Views, 53 Comments

The Chef's Life - vincent789



This book 3 in Twilight's serie to become a master chef.

  • ...
2
 53
 491

Celestial tears

Twilight was standing in her bedroom when some guards barge their way into her room. Twilight jumped slightly as she looks at them. They look less than pleased. On top of that, they seemed to be searching for something.

"Have you seen, Pearl Sparkle? The number three most wanted criminal?" The guards asked.

"On what charges?" Twilight simply asked instead.

"On being the owner of the red friend." The guard replied without missing a beat.

"Since when is owning a pub illegal?" Twilight growled.

"Since it's hosted to the most illegal inhabitants of Equestria." The guard said as he slightly back away.

"Oh. I see. You are scared." Twilight said as she somewhat taunted the guard.

The guard gulped as he nodded, "Is that a problem?" he asked.

Twilight sighed, "She is long gone." Twilight simply said.

"Oh thank Celestia. Are you alright? Miss Pepe said you were kidnapped by them." The guard said.

'Good cover up, Lulu!' Twilight thought as she internally smiled,

"I am fine. I was able to fight her off. I am the one that did that, after all." Twilight said as she points in the slum disaster's direction.

"Right. By the way, the princess wants to see you." The guard said.

"Which one?" Twilight asked.

"Luna." The guard said, he saw as Twilight huffed.

"Tell her that I have nothing to talk to her about. And if she is determined, that she is going to have to wait. She is not important right now." Twilight dismissed.

"But, she will get angry." The guard gulped.

"Then tell her that she has nothing on me. Unless she is interested in talking about the disaster with me." Twilight simply said, "Instead tell Celestia that I am coming to visit her."

"I understand. She will know it right away. When will you visit her?" The guard asked.

"In an hour." Twilight said.

"Very well. It will be done, lady Sparkle." The guard was about to leave when Twilight stopped him.

"By the way, Star is also my cousin. Next time if the princesses have a problem with her, then they will come to me." Twilight warned.

"Understood." The guard said as he ran off. He looked a little bit scared.

"Darn. I forgot that I am still in my mean mood. I hope I can turn it down when I arrive at Celestia's place." Twilight said somewhat self-conscious.

After Twilight washed herself and calmed down, she head for the castle. Along the way she spots an unhappy Luna head her direction. Not wanting to speak to her, Twilight decided that the only path to Celestia was to teleport there. Which was exactly what she did right afterwards. Just before she teleports, she sees as Luna's face contorts into one of an enraged princess. Twilight gulped just as the teleport went through.

Twilight was now in front of the knights that are protecting Celestia's bedroom. They both saw Twilight end nod.

"Twilight has arrived." The knight on the left shouts.

"Come in!" A cheerful Celestia said. Twilight then opens the door to see that Celestia was enjoying a nice cup of tea.

"Celestia." Twilight simply said as she did a playful bow while smirking. Celestia simply stuck her tongue out.

"So, how was the red friend?" Celestia asked.

"Not falling for Lulu's lie?" Twilight simple asked back.

"I have seen you fall for darker things." Celestia responded with a sad smile.

"About that. I came to the conclusion that the disaster that happened, was a mere freak accident." Twilight said.

"Why?" Celestia asked.

"Well you see." Twilight started to talk to Celestia about her findings and the like. Every so often, Celestia's face contorted in the many emotions a single pony could have. However after Twilight revealed the truth about the disaster, her face remained sad, disappointed and overall depressed. Twilight noticed it, but continued to the end.

"Pride Keeper." Celestia said saddened.

"In my name, I have a request." Twilight asked determined.

Celestia had a sinking feeling, "What is it?" Celestia asked.

"I want Equestria to know the full truth. No false truths." Twilight requested.

"You want to potentially sacrifice your career for something this stupid?!" Celestia almost boomed. Twilight's eyes were hardened. They looked tired of the lies, but determined.

"They deserve it. The people of Equestria deserve to know the truth. They have been patiently waiting for you to tell the truth of the investigation. Either you will walk on stage, or I will." Twilight said determined

"You might lose everything!" Celestia pleaded, "Please don't make me do this." she practically cried.

"Celestia. Do you want to lie to those that have lost their parents? To those that lost everything? To those that are experiencing something worse than death?" Twilight asked, no, begged.

"I- I-" Celestia said as she hiccuped. "I can't! Twilight do you understand what you are wishing for?" she asked.

"The truth." Twilight said simply.

"The truth will destroy their believes in you." Celestia shouted.

"The lies are burdening me. It is tiring. I plead to you. Please tell the truth." Twilight pleaded.

Celestia hugs Twilight, "You will destroy your reputation. You are giving up everything for some stupid truth?!" she said.

"Yes." Twilight said coldly.

Celestia looks at Twilight. Twilight was afraid, but exhausted. Celestia was scared, but sorrowful. Celestia sighs.

"Fine. But you must know how many you actually killed." Celestia tried, Twilight wasn't having it.

"No. You will tell Equestria, whether you like it or not." Twilight practically ordered.

Celestia was about the rebuke it. But Luna chose that exact moment to crash Twilight's party.

"You will not." Luna ordered.

"And why not?" Twilight growled.

"It will destroy your career and hard work." Luna stated.

"Is it your life?" Twilight asked.

"No, but-" Luna said as she tried to continue, Twilight casted a no speak spell on her to prevent her from continuing.

"Enough! I have decided it. Unless you can grant an proper reason. Not some stupid, "It will destroy your career," or "It will change you." bullcrap. I have chosen it. If you prevent Celestia from saying the truth then I will explain it." Twilight boomed.

Luna undid Twilight's spell. "First you undo me and my sister's bind spell. Then you can go on a that adventure." Luna requested.

"No." Twilight simply said.

"Excuse me?" Luna said utterly surprised. Celestia looked wide eyed at Twilight.

"No. If you don't like it. Then care to explain why you chose to forcibly change my fate? Besides your selfish reasons?" Twilight demanded.

Celestia looks surprised at Luna. Meanwhile Luna looked beyond sad. She looked downright depressed. "I didn't mean to." Luna tried as an excuse.

"That won't work." Twilight simply said. Her eyes were cold as ice.

"I am sorry." Luna said as she shrank into her young form she had, right after the elements of harmony did their thing.

Celestia looked shocked at how easy, Twilight had made Luna apologize. Meanwhile Twilight sighed.

"Luna. I will cure it. But I need more time. I only recently found the recipe. It will take time to master it. Besides one of the ingredients are a clear mind. If I don't clear up my past, then I won't be able to make the dish." Twilight said with a motherly tone. Luna immediately hugged Twilight as if she was her mother and started apologize over and over. Until eventually she fell asleep.

"Well. That happened." Twilight deadpanned.

"Anyways. I understand. I will make an announcement tomorrow." Celestia said defeated.

"Is tomorrow exactly the day that it happened?" Twilight asked curious.

"It is." Celestia confirmed.

"Good. One more thing." Twilight added.

"What is it?" Celestia asked.

"I have decided where I will settle down." Twilight said.

Meanwhile somewhere else in Canterlot. Shining Armor, Velvet Sparkle and Night Light got off the train after a long vacation in Manehattan, they looked more tired than relieved however.

Shining was busy with his promotion and was exhausted after he had raided about a dozen black markets.

Velvet was less busy after she completed her archaeology job in Manehattan. But she spend her days filling in the fossil collection that she had made. It was tiring because most fossils were quite heavy. Even with her ultra powerful levitation spells.

Night meanwhile was finally done with the fine tuning of the meat food law. He also properly assigned an Headquarters for the inspectors. And he was done with all the paperwork. Despite it, he was busy following Luna and Royal around to ensure that everything regarding the law was actually functioning like they were supposed to.

The trio looked at each other only to giggle. Night was the first to speak up however.

"We look like a mess. This was totally not some vacation after all." Night said as he giggled a little.

"Yeah. If archaeology wasn't my job, I would stop trying to collect those fossils if I can help myself." Velvet said sighing.

"You choose to collect the heaviest of them all, yourself." Shining blamed.

"True. So how was the black markets? Found anything interesting?" Velvet asked.

"Well, no. Mostly junk and illegal stuff. I can't bring that with me." Shining said somewhat disappointed.

"Did you hear?" One of the Canterlot citizens said besides the conversation the trio were having.

"Yeah. The princess has finally decided to tell us the truth." The other Canterlot citizens said.

"Awesome. I have waited years for it. My daughter is still in the hospital from the disaster." The first one said.

"Oh my, what is wrong with her?" The other citizen asked.

"Well. She is hurt after getting buried. She is suffering from amnesia and severe head trauma." The first one said saddened.

The other citizen hugged the first one. "It is going to be alright. I am sure she will recover." the other citizen said.

"Hm? I thought she was not going to reveal it." Shining said to Night.

"To think that ponies are still feeling the effects of that day to this day." Velvet said shocked.

"Well. Perhaps Twilight is tired of the lies." Night said, "That she pushed Celestia to reveal the truth."

"Atleast the parents and children are going to get some closure." Velvet said hopeful.

"Yeah. But Twilight-" Shining started only for Night to shake his head.

"Twilight is also going to some closure. Whether she will keep her career or not." Night said serious.

"Besides, Twilight might finally found out about how this happened to begin with." Night added.

"I guess you are right. I just hope that Twilight can cope with the pain that will follow." Shining said saddened.

"We are here for her. Aren't we?" Night said with a smile.

"I guess you're right." Shining said also gaining a smile on his face.

"Besides this was fated to have happened." Velvet said wisely.

"Right." Shining said. Night simply nodded.

Going back to Twilight. Celestia was crying. This caused Luna and Twilight to look shocked at each other.

"Sister. Why are you crying?" Luna asked worried as she pulled her sister in a hug.

"So in the end. Nothing changes." Celestia said cryptic.

After a few moment of thinking, Twilight realized what she was saying. Smiling Twilight looked in Celestia's eyes. And nodded. "You are right. In the end, no matter what was going to happen. Fate will always find their way." she said.

Luna looked at Celestia and Twilight. After a few minutes of thinking about it. She too smiled. "I guess I changed nothing, huh?" she said.

"I am not crying sad tears. I am crying happy tears." Celestia said as big smile appeared on her face.

"I sure hope so." Twilight joked.

"By the way. How much time do you need?" Luna asked Twilight.

"Give me a year. It is a very difficult recipe. Which requires many layers of magic and cooking skills. It truly is the ultimate recipe." Twilight said with a smile on her face.

"Yeah. I understand. We can wait that long." Luna said in understanding..

"Thanks." Twilight was only able to say as Celestia hugged her and Luna.

"I can't wait to see my older sister." Celestia said happily.

"Does that mean you have forgiven her?" Luna asked.

"Only if she will make the celestial cake. Will I forgive her." Celestia said as Luna and Twilight laugh at her obsession of cake. This caused her to pout. But she soon join the duo as she laughed herself.

"Celestia. Whether I was going to hold the element of Friendship or am going to be a master chef. I will always support you. I always would. The only difference is that I am going to stay mortal." Twilight said knowingly.

Luna and Celestia look shocked at her. "How did you-" Celestia started, "Know?" Luna finishes.

"Oh. Celestia. I am not stupid. I do read some books. And I may or may not have known it from the start." Twilight said with an smirk.

"What." Celestia said stumped.

"Are you a time traveler?" Luna asked utterly confused.

"Nah. But I have my ways. I always have my ways." Twilight said as she laughed at the face the two were making.

Celestia and Luna looked utterly defeated and confused. They had nothing as they just stood there.

Author's Note:

Yeah. I have settled on the place Twilight will settle down. You will not find out yet.
Gihi.

Next up, Gone a full circle

Remember, she has some Pinkie Pie like abilities. The ability to foresee this, is one of them.