• Published 7th May 2021
  • 1,233 Views, 73 Comments

What the where? - ARandomLonelyDude



Locally grown, cringy, sort of good that has an Indian guy.

  • ...
9
 73
 1,233

0-5: house, karen and responsibility.

I am currently walking from the town hall to my new house with the keys and some important house documents. I had a small and quick tour of the house with Mayor Mare. She was acting a bit scared when showing me the sus house. You'll get to know why. The layout is simple.

Only problem is the fact that no one has lived there in years because the house is haunted and because of that no one has cleaned the place in a very long time. The house had some furniture. A L-couch and circle table in front of the fireplace in the living room. A fridge and stove in the kitchen. A bookshelf upstairs. A bed in bedroom 1 and 2 but with no mattresses. The basement and shed outside were empty. Everything in the house was covered in a layer of dust and the windows were dirty as hell. The front and back yards were covered in weeds.

Not acceptable. I had to clean this up and I needed supplies. That's why I'm heading to Barnyard Bargains. The feeling of being followed is not good though. I make a plan. I stop and look behind me. I don't see anyone suspicious. I continue walking through the marketplace. I look towards my left a little bit and can see Rainbow Dash in the corner of my eye. She's stalking me. I walk into the store as if nothing happened and take one of the baskets to carry stuff in. As I walk to the aisle with the cleaning supplies, I hear someone else enter the store. Probably Rainbow Dash.

I take a bottle of window cleaner and a dustpan from there. From the gardening supplies aisle, I take garden shears. I also grab a pan, some kitchen utensils, a packet of bread, a packet of cheese slices, cereal, a carton of milk and a dozen eggs. I didn't get a broom because there is one in the cupboard under the stairs. After checking out, I start walking home without Rainbow Dash following me. Everyone is enjoying the summer sun celebration. I don't remember the episode fully but if I'm not wrong then this is the part where Celestia allows Twilight to stay in ponyville and write her reports.

I won't be there for that because I've got a house to clean.


It's evening and I'm tired as fuck. The house is clean now and the front yard is presentable and not overgrown. I had to go o the furniture shop to get curtains and mattresses and sheets for the beds leaving me with only 650 bits. I have eaten like three cold cheese sandwiches because I just put the food in the fridge. I'm currently resting on the couch, being happy that I have made this place habitable.

*knock knock knock*

Who is in my swamp? I get up to check and they knock again. How impatient are they? I open the door and see Twilight with a notepad and pen accompanying Nightmare Moon. It took me a second to realize it was Nightmare Moon because she looks like a completely different pony without her armo(u)r.

"Can I help you?", I asked remembering my manners.

"I wished to speak to you before my departure for Canterlot for my trial.", she says straightforwardly.

"Come in.", I say as I step back to allow them in. They enter and sit on the couch.

"So, what did you want to speak about?", I ask as I sit down on the other side of the couch.

"The elements of disharmony.", Nightmare says as Twilight opens her notepad to write stuff down. She continued, "Though I know very little about them, I can tell you that right now you are in charge of a very strong power. Unfortunately, anypony can use them unlike the elements if harmony. There are side effects of doing that but they won't stop the pony long after the damage is done."

I nod in understanding as she continues, "You are the only known bearer of the elements, therefore it is your responsibility to keep them out of the wrong hooves."

"What can happen if they get taken by somepony bad?" ,Twilight asks with a tiny bit of fear, of Nightmare Moon or the consequences of some baddie getting the elements, possibly both.

"There are many spells and rituals that require the elements of disharmony. At first, only the element of strength was known of, so most of the rituals won't work with the other elements but a few might. Celestia and Luna had spent a lot of time trying to remove all knowledge of those spells but couldn't get all of them.", she answered.

"Wouldn't it be better if the princesses took the responsibility of keeping them safe?", I ask a valid question.

"No. Firstly, they used to be bearers of the elements of harmony, so having these might have negative effects to them. Secondly, I wouldn't trust them with such great power. They can use these for their own purposes many of whi-"

"WHO ARE YOU TO ACCUSE THE PRINCESSES OF BEING EVIL?!", Twilight shouts, ready to defend the princesses' honor.

Nightmare glared at her before breathing and saying, "A thousand years ago, at the time of Luna's rebellion, thestrals had a population equal to any other pony race. Do you know the reason why you can't see thestrals anywhere today?"

This question caught Twilight off guard, who tried to come up with an answer.

"Mr. Gear, can you answer the question?"

"I have a possible answer. After you were banished to the moon, ponies hated the night and anything associated with it and that included thestrals. They might have been either driven out or killed.", I answer with the theory that I had come up with.

"Correct. Princess Celestia didn't do anything about this. No aid was ever given to the thestrals who survived nor was there any trial for those who had taken part in the massacres and it was all my fault." ,Nightmare says being sad. I can't imagine what she's going through.

"But there are no records of this happening!" If I could, I would glue Twilight's mouth shut.

"Did you know that the government can very easily cover things up? If you think that this never happened then ask the princesses about what happened.", I say. Before Twilight can counter Nightmare says, "It's time to go." She doesn't even wait for Twilight as she leaves. Twilight glares at me then leaves the house as well to catch up with Nightmare, leaving me alone .

I am not feeling hungry so I decided to go to sleep early. I head upstairs to my room(bedroom 1) and look out of the window. The backyard is overgrown and the fence is the only thing keeping the wildlife outside. I close the curtain and lie down on the bed.

I was about to fall asleep but I hear hoofsteps downstairs. I forgot to lock the door. I get out of my bed and head downstairs to remove the intruder but to my surprise, there was no one. I open the door and look outside and see no one. I close the door and lock it and turn around. There is a semi-transparent, white colo(u)red earth pony mare floating in mid-air. It was the ghost and I would have been scared but seeing the Karen haircut just killed the fear and replaced it with surprise and confusion.

"Karen?", I say, completely dumbfounded.

"How do you know my name?", the ghost replies with surprise filling here whispery voice. I am having a conversation with a ghost and have completely thrown logic out of my mind for the time being.

"Your haircut."

"Leave my house!", she shouts putting up a scary display.

"NO, you leave MY house. I brought this place today and I'm NOT leaving it!", I Shout back.

"I have lived here for the last 10 years!"

"YOU ARE A GHOST! YOU CAN'T BE ALIVE!"

"I CAN!"

"You know what? We'll continue this tomorrow. I'm tired and not in the mood to argue.", I say. Karen glares at me before vanishing.

"And don't peek into the bathroom when I'm using it!"

Author's Note:

If I encountered a ghost that looked like a Karen, I probably wouldn't be scared.
Give me feedback. I need it to improve my writing. Thumbs down and no comment will not help.