• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 138 Views, 0 Comments

Yes We Can - Thunder--Dash



Can the relationship between Thunder Dash and Gilda work?

  • ...
 0
 138

Chapter 1

It was just another day in Ponyville. The sun was up, ponies were out and it was a perfect day to hang out with friends. On this particular day, Gilda decided to visit Rainbow Dash, who took Gilda down to Ponyville, despite Gilda’s weariness and the memories of her past lingering. When a couple ponies saw Gilda, they began to mumble to themselves. A few foals sort of hid behind their mothers. Gilda looked at them and then back at Dash.

“Why...why are they hiding from me?” She asked.

“They may still have the past in their mind. That’s the biggest issue with some ponies. It is hard for them to forget the past. But look at you now. You made the choice to make things right and take steps to make new friends…” Rainbow replied.

Meanwhile, Thunder Dash had landed in Ponyville after a patrol in the skies. As he walked, he noticed Rainbow Dash up ahead with a...griffon whom he’d never seen before.

“Hm, now that you don’t see everyday in Ponyville…” Thunder said as he slowly walked towards Rainbow and the Griffon. Gilda happened to turn her heard and see the tall pegasus slowly walking towards them. She sort of stepped back and recoiled.

“Don’t worry Gilda, that’s Thunder Dash. He’s a very nice pegasus. He may look tall and intimidating, but he was just born bigger than the average pegasus.” Rainbow explained. Gilda was still quite weary and remained shied away.

“It’s ok...I’m not gonna hurt you…” Thunder said slowly approaching the griffon.

Gilda contemplated whether to suddenly act tough or stay hidden.

“I-I’m sorry...i-it’s just…” Gilda started but stopped.

“I know, but the past is gone. You’re here now. Rainbow’s helping you to become the friend you want to be. I can be part of that too if Rainbow wants.” Thunder said.

“Wants? Of course you can!” Rainbow said happily with a jump and twirl in the air. Gilda sort of let out a small groan, as she would rather be with Rainbow, alone.

“So...wanna maybe go eat somewhere have have a little chat?” Thunder asked.

“Uhh...I…” Gilda hesitated.

“Say yes.” Rainbow whispered into Gilda’s ear.

“Ok…” Gilda said with not much enthusiasm.

“I know it’s hard Gilda, but I know you can overcome your past…” Thunder said as he took the lead making sure Gilda was next to him. Rainbow sort of trailed behind Gilda and Thunder to give them space.

“So...what’s it like...living in Griffonstone?” Thunder asked.

“Well...still trying to get the others to latch on to this whole...friendship thing...it’s just...so...hard…” Gilda stated putting her head down a little bit.

“Hey that’s alright. I know how it feels to be the odd one out. What’s the name of that one Griffon...your absolute first Griffon friend?” Thunder asked.

“Uhhh...I think...Greta was her name…” Gilda said.

“How is she doing? Have you two been staying connected?” Thunder asked.

“I...I say hi to her whenever I see her…” Gilda stated.

“Well...at least you say hi...but you gotta do more than that to establish what is called a relationship.” Thunder said as he arrived at the cafe. He then opened the door for Gilda.

“After you.” He said. Gilda hesitated. Rainbow came forward.

“He’s being courteous to you by letting you go first.” Rainbow stated.

“What am I supposed to do…?” Gilda asked Rainbow.

“Thank him and proceed inside.” Rainbow answered. Gilda turned to Thunder.

“Uh...thank you...Thunder…” Gilda said slowly walking inside. Thunder followed after Gilda. Rainbow was last.

Thunder led Gilda and Dash to a window seat. Rainbow sat next to Gilda, while Thunder sat from across the two.

“So...what do you like to do?” Thunder asked.

“I don’t know...just...hang around...and...sometimes fly around…” Gilda said.

“This is awfully awkward…” She thought to herself.

“Maybe...wanna go for a flight after we eat?” Thunder asked. Gilda sort of perked up smiling.

“Hey! I think he’s onto something…” Rainbow said softly to Gilda. Gilda looked at Thunder blushing ever so lightly. Thunder hardly noticed but could see Gilda had a different expression on her face. The waiter came and the group ordered.

The food soon came. Thunder Dash thought to himself.

Could it be…? Already I’ve sparked something in Gilda? Like...no...it can’t be...I don’t know if she’s ready...or if...oh stop doubting yourself Thunder…” Gilda noticed Thunder’s expression.

“Is...is something...wrong Th-Thunder?” She asked sort of hiding away a little.

“No...nothing’s wrong…” Thunder said as he continued to eat. Rainbow finished her food first followed by Thunder and lastly Gilda. He then paid the waiter and waited for Gilda and Rainbow to be ready.

“Well...I guess we’re ready…” Gilda stated as she waited for Thunder or Rainbow to take the lead. Thunder took the lead back outside and let Gilda and Rainbow go first. Gilda looked at Thunder and smiled. Thunder smiled back at Gilda.

Thunder then stopped down and took to the skies. Gilda followed after him with a little giggle. Thunder heard it. “I heard a cute giggle there…” He stated as he flew higher. Gilda blushed trying to keep steady. She was rather put off by the compliment, which caused her to become unsteady.

“Wh-whoa…” Gilda muttered as she attempted to regain stability. All of this was rather overwhelming for her. Thunder turned and noticed. “Whoa there, let me help you.” Thunder said gently holding Gilda to help her regain balance. Gilda felt the urge to do something, feeling the warmth of Thunder’s fur against her. She gave him a quick nuzzle with her beak. Rainbow was quite stunned at the small but bold move Gilda just did.

“Did you just…?” Thunder asked with a small blush. “

I...I did…” Gilda said hiding away again.

“Awww don’t hide. It’s ok.” Thunder said.

“I…n-no...it isn’t supposed to...be this way…” Gilda said, thoughts of the past and the stereotypical Griffon filling her mind. Thunder looked at Gilda.

“Hey, no need to think like that...love has no boundaries. What if it is supposed to be this way...what if we can rewrite the stars...and start something even more…?” Thunder asked as he continued to fly again.

Gilda thought and thought. She slowly flew up to Thunder and stayed next to him. Thunder looked at Gilda and smiled up at her. Rainbow trailed behind looking at the two, smiling at the developing relationship. Thunder slowly felt himself getting closer and closer to Gilda, as if they were meant to be together. Gilda noticed and came close as well until they touched. The two looked at each other and blushed.

“Anything is possible…” Thunder said gazing into Gilda’s eyes.

Thunder noticed a cloud up ahead.

“Wanna take a little break?” He asked.

“S-sure Thunder…” Gilda said thinking about the time she had spent already with Thunder and how much their relationship had already grown. Thunder gently landed on the cloud and so did Gilda. The two had sort of snuggled against each other. A Pegasus...and a Griffon, on a cloud. It had been stated that it is hard for two different species of creature to develop a relationship, let alone get along with each other. Gilda let out a soft whimper, for she knew that other griffons in griffonstone may ridicule and tease her because of how soft she had become. Thunder heard the whimper.

“What’s wrong Gilda?” Thunder asked.

“It’s just...I never knew our friendship would bring us this close...let alone we just met today...I just don’t want any Griffon to see me like this…” Gilda said shamefully.

“Oh Gilda, don’t let those stereotypes get to you. Remember what I said? What if we can erase all that, start anew, make a new image…” Thunder stated.

“I know I know...it’s just...hard…” Gilda said leaning up against Thunder.

After more snuggles, flying and dinner, the three went home. Gilda decided to let Rainbow stay in Griffonstone with her for the night. That night, Thunder was thinking hard. Meanwhile, Gilda was thinking hard as well. It was a mental fight for her, as somewhere deep within her heart, now that she saw the truth, she yearned for something more than just a simple friendship. However, the thoughts of “Griffon pride” and “tough girl” still loomed in her head.

Author's Note:

The original version of this story, which was posted on Equestria Amino contained lyrics from "Rewrite The Stars" from The Greatest Showman, in which this story is based.