• Published 23rd Feb 2021
  • 410 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria: A retelling of the story. - xombiekilla



Join Twilight and her friends as they learn to bond together as friends and save Equestria from the forces of evil. But a new threat would also be introduced to them.

  • ...
2
 11
 410

Prologue: The beginning of a new evil

"Greetings and salutations, everybody! I humbly welcome everyone to this incredible event: The world-class major inventors' assembly." The host, a well-known inventor himself, was adjusting his tie and cleared his throat as he addressed the crowd in front of him.

He saw him to the right of the vast ocean of other like-minded individuals. He visibly scowled upon seeing him there. He knew that the most remarkable inventions on display here were not made by him or anybody else but by the man he was looking at.

With short black hair and a light mustache and beard, that was enough for him to stroke it without it being too unkempt. He had hazel eyes almost always covered by heavily tinted glasses. He wore a white lab coat and black pants like everyone else.

"Well, it is with my esteemed pleasure that I announce the winners of this event. Please approach the podium and take your positions for those with their tickets with their designated number." The one that earned the host's ire was stroking his chin in mild suspicion; these machines looked an awful lot like the ones based on his blueprints in his office of this building, but why?

"That's funny. These look like my designs and every single machine on display here. Their resemblance is uncanny. What is that slime ball up to this time, I wonder?" The man muttered to himself under his breath.

"Unfortunately, those that did not receive a ticket with a number were sadly not chosen as the winners of this national event and will then at least be able to enjoy our banquet with everyone else, prepared by our cooks." The man grew increasingly suspicious, realizing he wasn't given a ticket.

"Now, wait just a minute here!" He yelled out, which got the attention of everybody in the auditorium, "These machines look like they're based on my designs. You didn't think I wouldn't be able to recognize my creations, did you, professor?"

"That is absurd, Doctor Bruner. These were indeed designed by our contestants here. I'm sure you're upset that you were never chosen." The professor carried his trademark smug look over his face as he addressed his once colleague and rival.

"I can guarantee you that these were all mine; I have the blueprints of each in my office." This made the professor smirk, "How dare you steal my work and masquerade it off as theirs when neither you nor they put any effort into their designs whatsoever."

"If what you say is true, producing these blueprints shouldn't be too difficult for you to do, should it?"

"Not at all. I'll show you, You pompous charlatan." The Doctor then made his way down through one of the sprawling corridors of their facility, leading to his office to check up on his work.

Upon opening the door to his room, he discovered something terrible; all his blueprints were missing. "What?! Inconceivable, they were all here before this event- I made sure of that myself. I knew that snake was up to no good."

"So then, Good Doctor, have you the blueprints you speak of? Please... present them to us." The professor asked upon seeing the Doctor return.

"What have you done with my blueprints? I watermarked them, you know. I have every legal right to them. I knew you would cause some trouble for somebody, so I showed up tonight."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Doctor Bruner. There's no recorded evidence that I walked into your office to take them, is there?"

"Damn, you. You planned this out thoroughly; that look on your face is all too obvious- the look of blatant satisfaction."

"If you do not cease this nonsense immediately, then I'll have no choice but to have you forcibly removed from this building by site security."

"That won't be necessary; I'll see myself out. All of you in this facility are dishonest charlatans, fakers, pretenders, and embellishers of someone else's genius. You're all an embarrassment to good inventors everywhere. I hope you enjoy that which you coveted for yourselves. I quit working in this haven of hypocrites."

"Then, by all means, Good Doctor. The door is that way." The professor then gestured to the exit door; many people there were also snickering as they were aware of the professor's foul play.

"None of you are even as close to being as capable of even a quarter of the level of intelligence and genius that I possess, and none of you ever will be, neither- not anybody in this crowd or this entire building. This whole event was a farce- a means to get rid of me, and you know it."

"A very bold accusation is coming from somebody unable to prove I did anything. As you said, Good Doctor, you shall see yourself out. We'll ensure the belongings are delivered to your residence within two business days. I wish you luck in your future endeavors."

"Spare me your honeyed words; you always were much better at groveling to your superiors than thinking anyway. This entire planet isn't worth living on anymore. There's no such thing as an honest individual nowadays."

"In my professional opinion, that might be a premonition of the onset of depression and schizophrenia. Always remember that help is just a phone call away, Good Doctor."

"I hope this entire world and its species may rot as it deserves." Doctor Bruner then slammed the door, exiting the facility and cementing his resignation from within that company.


"I'm so pleased to have you back with us, Luna. It's been so long, and I've missed you." Celestia then unfurled her wings and brought her sister into her embrace. The younger alicorn accepts it as she melts into her older sister's embrace.

"I'm so glad to be back finally. I am so sorry I've lost myself to such madness for so long." Luna, relieved to be back finally, was eager to have a fresh start as everyone cheered for her redemption.

"I'm so glad you two can rekindle your friendship after a thousand years, Princess Cel- I mean Celestia. I can't imagine what this must have been like for either of you." Twilight snuggled up to Celestia as the rest of her friends soon joined in.

"Darn right, Twilight. I reckon that we all did a good job."

"Oh yeah, we did, AJ. We all were awesome, purging the evil right out of her."

"We should all have a welcome back Luna party! I'll make the cake!" Pinkie was hopping in place as everyone giggled at her goofy display.

"That sounds like a marvelous idea, Pinkie; a short reprieve from my work would be better on my nerves."

"Oh, I'd love it if Pinkie also had an assortment of bird seeds for the lovely little birds. I'll want to provide a little.. w-well gift for Luna's return to Equestria."

"Oh yeah, Futtershy. I will have all of the seeds... all of them..."

"Oh, that sounds just lovely, Pinkie." They all enjoyed gathering together as they made way for Sugarcube Corner for their nighttime party before their night had ended and the morning began for Equestria.


"I can't believe this. Those cretins were all scheming behind my back; this entire species cannot even do a single thing legitimately, can they? No matter, this new invention should be able to provide for me a world of which I can occupy and command."

Dr. Bruner was glossing over the blueprints of his new prototype, a machine that can bend matter and atom particles to accelerate said matter on the molecular level. The Doctor removed his white lab coat and put on his red uniformed top, an equal mix of science and dictator in style. If he planned on ruling a different world, he might as well look the part of a ruler.

"It's... beautiful. Untested, sure, but beautiful. I call it the Bruner Tech. Hyper-dimension scrambler and seeder device. With this machine, I can leave this pathetic excuse of civilization behind and establish a new and better one that I will monitor."

It was risky even to consider testing it on himself, but the Doctor was confident in his work, sure it would succeed. "What's progress without some risks, as they say in science."

Once he stepped into the machine, he arranged its new coordinates- ironically, anywhere but here, "Somehow, I feel this might be a mistake. But I'm already too deep to cancel it all now."

He switched the machine to its activated feature as it whirred to life, a cascade of beeping and clicking to signal that it was ready for service. "Excellent. Alright, Device, activate coordinate protocol immediately!" The Doctor stepped in as the sliding door corralled the Doctor into its matter transfer chamber; it did as instructed.

Suddenly, the machine's caution alarm went off, "W-What's this? What's going on here?! Device! Open this door up at once! I order you!" The machine was blowing up as it forced too much matter to transfer all at once; the Doctor could not escape from his creation as his vision turned white. Just like that, he was gone, and the now broken machine was all that remained.


Twilight woke up from her bed in her treehouse home as she exited and stretched her muscles. She shook herself awake with a yawn and trotted to Spike's basket bed to wake him up. "Good morning, Spike. You want to go and have some breakfast with me?"

Spike stirred from his slumber as he stretched and, with a yawn, addressed his friend next to him. "Sure thing, Twilight. That sounds great right about now."

"Wonderful. That'll be the first thing we do to check off our list, among the other things we've planned for today."

"So I couldn't dig into those tasty cupcakes from Pinkie's party last night?"

"Spike, no, you can't. Cupcakes are not for breakfast, making you have an even pudgier belly."

"Hey now, my belly ain't pudgy; it's nice and fluffy like a pillow."

"Right. Sure it is, Spike. Just be careful what you eat, okay? I want my best assistant to be happy and healthy."

"Of course. Thanks, Twilight. So I guess I'm just as ready as ever."

"Alright then. Let's get some grub, Spike. I'm starving."


The flashing then subsided in favor of an ear-splitting headache. "O-Ohh man... my head. What happened? What is this? Is this the afterlife? Am I dead?" He found that his breathing was regular. "Normal breathing? A sure sign that I'm alive. But uhh. Where am I?" The Doctor was taking in his surroundings, trying to gather his bearings.

"Alright then, focus. I'll first need to establish a new base of operations. But where? That is the question." With such luck that there was a supply warehouse not too far from where he was, it was very fortunate for him. "Wonderful. I shall begin construction of my new base immediately." The Doctor then went to work making his new base out of that warehouse.


"Oh boy. I'll admit, that stuff does look pretty good, Twilight." Spike saw the goods in the display window of a nearby cafe in Ponyville. They both went inside to order something good for breakfast.

"I have to agree, Spike. Mmm. And smell that coffee and those cinnamon rolls."

"Oh sure, because a cinnamon roll has more benefits than a cupcake."

"Spike, don't you pick a fight with me, mister, or so help me, I'll make you read three chapters with me... with no breaks whatsoever." Spike gulped and then stayed compliant with Twilight.

"O-Ok then, maybe a cinnamon roll might not be all that expensive. Want to go and buy one?"

"Sure, Spike. Let's enjoy breakfast; then we'll move on with today's rest of our list." Spike and Twilight then ordered their meals and sat down to eat them, blissfully unaware of the potential new threat that had just arrived in Equestria not too long ago.