• Published 20th Jan 2021
  • 531 Views, 10 Comments

Twilight vs. the Wasteland - Late Empire



Twilight is teleported out of Season Two and into the Fallout: Equestria universe

  • ...
3
 10
 531

Bonus: Making Amends

I desperately scrambled backwards, nearly knocking the table over, until my hooves hit the closing door. The knob glowed purple as she pulled it shut. Cornered. Not a good look. I swallowed nervously, leaning back as she leaned in. Not a good look at all.

She had only seen me again for a moment, across a rainy and crowded market, but that had been enough to chase me halfway across town. My aching joints reminded me: never run from someone who can teleport.

I was a tough Wasteland pony, so could take abuse, but I couldn’t take the staring. She stared and stared and stared.

“I’m sorry,” she stared.

“Um?” I replied.

“I just wanted,” she interrupted, staring, “to buy a new notepad. That was all. A new notepad. And I finally found what appears to be the only bucking shop in the entire bucking Wasteland that sells actual pre-war paper. And quills, instead of those ridiculous rolly-pen things that stop working half the time. And I had even paid for them, and was packing up my saddlebags, and...”

I swallowed again, and tried to fill the silence. “I, um, walked in and kind of interrupted, a little.”

She stared.

“Um, interrupted, by trying to... rob the store, a bit?”

Stared.

I exhaled, the words coming in a rush. “And I’m very very very sorry, and wanted to thank you for helping me understand how it was wrong to do that.”

The stare changed to a frown. “That’s why I was so eager to talk with you again,” she said. “I’m new to the Wasteland, and trying to hold on to my equinity.” The unicorn ran a hoof through her tousled mane, and let out a long, shuddering sigh.

I stayed perfectly still.

“I had a long talk with my friends,” she continued, her expression unreadable. “And I’ve come to the conclusion that it was definitely wrong to kick your teeth out.”

“Don’t, uh, mention it. I have a very good dentist.”

“Yes,” she said. “I see you’ve already repaired most of the damage. But I collected a little something to help out anyway.”

She levitated a bag onto the table, which landed with a soft clink.

“Maybe useful if you have a similar problem in the future. I hope you’ll accept it, with my apologies. And consider changing your line of work.”

Then she was gone, back into the pouring rain. I collapsed into a shaking pony-shaped heap, my head spinning. It could have gone worse, I guess. I was actually low on caps after the dentist visit, so if a crazy unicorn wanted to help out, so be it.

I poured the bag out onto the table, and froze.

It was full of teeth.

Comments ( 4 )

If this wasn’t a comedy, Twilight would die from the lack of books and writing materials. She’d also die from her lack of self-defense experience. Her morals would be shoved into a wood chipper and then some. There was a fic where Twilight was sent to hell... but it was the wrong hell. She’s OP in a lot of settings, apparently. Especially in idealistic ones.

10644128

Definitely! I think if a story like this were told "straight," it would be either terrifying or heartbreaking, depending on the choices she makes.

These were cute, and you’re good at putting a comical show styled spin on the setting. I’d love more if you ever wrote it, be it vignettes or an actual adventure.

uis

Hmm... I've searched for such content.

Login or register to comment