• Published 24th Dec 2020
  • 1,212 Views, 23 Comments

Friendship is Failure #20: Hearth's Warming I'll Never Forget - DakariKingMykan



Twilight and friends remember a horrible tragedy that occurred on Hearth's Warming

  • ...
50
 23
 1,212

Act 4: Why???

ACT FOUR

Lemon, Twinkle, and Minuette felt there were nearly finished setting up the fireworks.

“We did a pretty good job.” said Twinkle.

Minuette was all giddy and jumpy. “I can’t wait until these go off.”

“Well, we have to,” said Lemon “Twilight gives the orders, and she wouldn’t want to miss this.”

The ladies decided to make one last inspection. Like the perfectionists they were.



While back in the palace, lots of ponies and other creatures were Simply Having a Wonderful Hearths Warming time…


…But over at the royal table, things weren’t exactly going as smooth. Everyone tried to make friend conversation with Luna Light, but her standoffish and cold behaviour still remained.

“So, what are you up to these days, Luna?” asked Rarity.

Luna coldly answered, “Just making candles. Why?”

“Oh, um… well, anytime you have a spare moment, perhaps you should check out my fashion boutique some time.”

Luna didn’t even answer or look at her.

“Mom, please…” said Luna.

“Take it easy, every-pony.” said Twilight “No need to get excited.”

Luna didn’t seem the least bit excited or amused, and coldly asked if she could leave.

“Oh, you can’t leave yet.” said Pinkie “…There’s still the present exchange hour, and don’t forget the fireworks show.”

Rainbow felt super hyped for that, “I just love the fireworks show. Who doesn’t?”

A lot of exchanged chatter of glee erupted among the friends, but Luna only seemed to be getting more irritable.

Twilight felt she had to spice things up. “You know, Luna Light there’s plenty of seats in the royal box for the fireworks show.”

“So?”

Twilight winced softly, “Well… if you’d like I can arrange you and Moondancer to sit with us.”

“Please… don’t bother.”

Everyone was finding it really hard to contain their own growing irate at her behaviour.

“Take it easy.” said Starlight “Twilight’s just trying to be nice with you.”

“Who’s asking her to be nice?!”

Everyone was extremely taken back by that balking.

“Well, no one is.” whimpered Fluttershy.

“You should show better respect!” snapped Spike “Princess Twilight went out of her way to invite you here tonight.”

“She brought me here against my will and my protests!”

Twilight cautioned everyone to quiet down, and she spoke calmly and quietly to Luna.

“All I’m trying to do is make things right between you and your daughter because she misses you, and I’m trying to stop you from leading such a harsh and self-destructive life.

You disowned your daughter, and you alienate yourself from anyone who likes me, supports me, or has any affiliations with me.

All I’m trying to do is be nice to you, and you still don’t like me. Can you at least tell how you don’t like me? What have I done that makes you so resentful towards me?”

The others, especially Moondancer wanted an answer to this as well.

“Come on, now. It’s time come clean.” said Applejack.

Luna, got up from her chair and glared Twilight deep in the eyes as if to attack her, prompting the guards to step forth, but Twilight held them back, and then indeed… Luna did attack Twilight verbally.

“You want me to tell you why I dislike you? Fine...”

She took in a deep breath and began to let out a long and hateful rant…

“You… are the absolute worst creature I know!

You constantly believe so much in the power of friendship that you practically force it down everyone’s throats because you want them to live the way you do, like it’s the only way to live.

It’s NOT! It’s just ONE way!

…And to add insult to injury; you just can’t seem to take “No” for an answer. Whenever you come across some creature that doesn’t share your view, you constantly stalk and harass them hoping they’ll cave in and comply with your ways.

That’s not being liberal, that’s being a control freak!

And you have way too many double-standards! You say we should always learn and grow from our pasts and our mistakes, including really harsh and hurtful memories that we don’t want to remember, and then you say we should just forget about these thoughts and move on from them, and still use them to learn and better ourselves, which isn't nearly as hypocritical as your "Everyone should think for themselves" saying, when you keep getting in their faces and trying to change them and improve themselves to YOUR way of thinking!

I’ve got news for you, highness: these things and your whole self-improvement acts DON’T make you a better creature, they make you WORSE!! Spineless, weak, pathetic, and moronic…

And you and your friends delude yourselves thinking that you’re the big heroes of Equestria, when the truth is, you faced a bunch of weak and insufferable bad guys that anyone could have overcome, and you keep thinking it’s the power of Friendship that does it for you… WELL IT ISN’T, it’s just plain over the top magic!!

Friendship isn’t magic, it’s just a feeling!!


That doesn’t even come close to your delusions of happy endings and hope for the future. Ignoring bad things doesn’t stop bad things from happening you know! You keep hoping for and planning for the best when should also prepare yourself for the worst!

You think Friendship can solve every problem! WELL IT CAN’T!! My husband is dead, and no amount of Friendship or caring is going to bring him back or relieve me of this scar in my life!

Oh, but look who I’m talking to-- what scars and burns do you have? What super tragedies have you ever sustained in your life and carry with you? NOTHING!! NONE OF IT!! You just somehow end up with happy ever afters and reflect on nothing else that could have happened from it, and that’s makes you IGNORANT as well.


And what I think I really hate about you, is your own hypocrisy…

You and your friends pretend to act like model citizens, when, really, you’re nothing but a bunch of shallow pompous show-offs with more bad traits than good, and that’s heavily evidenced by the way you all behave.

…Rarity’s a vain snob, Rainbow’s a loudmouth show-off, Pinkie Pie’s a crazy hyperactive party animal who gets into people’s faces worse than you like she’s taken a load of narcotics, Applejack does nothing but work all day and lets it control her life, and Fluttershy, she’s either scared of her own shadow and too meek to talk, or she’s a crazy psycho that scares people… You’re all way too overdeveloped and with so many contradictions…MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY, PICK A TRAIT AND STICK TO IT!!!!

And then there’s the drama and problems you try to solve in Equestria, when HALF of those problems were started by you, and you never actually LEARN from your own lessons and mistakes! You just repeat them and get worse over and over again!

-You brainwashed a ton of ponies to cause a fake friendship problem.

-You unleashed the pony of shadows without THINKING or CONSIDERING first

-You nearly caused Equestria to fall because of your treason when the Storm king attacked and you just had to get that pearl from the sea, which nearly cost you all your friends!

-You lied to Celestia about her terrible acting skills!

-You even barred the Cutie Mark Crusaders from your school of friendship over a misunderstanding without considering the facts and evidence!


…You haven’t learned a thing, and while you go around sticking your muzzle in other creatures’ affairs claiming you’re doing it to promote world peace and ever-lasting friendship, it’s more like you’re only doing this to protect your image and reputation!

You can’t stand it when other creatures don’t share your views and prefer to do things their own ways, even if they’re not that dangerous! You think that if not everyone is happy or doesn't believe in friendship is a threat... a potential danger that could spread evil all across the land, and it'll ruin your images Princess of Friends. So you stalk and harass ponies until they cave in and bow to your ways.

Some Friend you are-- never respect other creature's privacy, feelings, or considering that they aren't hurting anyone and are no real threat. You're just in it all for yourself, for YOUR OWN SAKE!!!


…But you know what! I could forgive all of that… ALL OF IT…

…If you WEREN’T… SUCH… A BORE!!

That’s what I hate about you, Twilight Sparkle! You are nothing… nothing but a big, power-hungry, hypocritical, misguided, ignorant BORE!!”


You can bet, every single face at that table was totally shocked and flabbergasted. Never had they all felt so insulted, so attacked!

The partygoers all over heard every word Luna had shouted, and they too were shocked and somewhat appalled by what was just said.

Easily, Twilight felt the most hurt as she just sat there with her mouth hanging open, her eyes wide, and she trembled softly with sadness and pain from the rants.


Luna pointed straight in her face declaring, “You are a fraud! A complete and total FRAUD!! You are not worthy of being ruler of Equestria! I will never bow to you, respect you, or see you in any positive light!” she paused and announced loud and clear, addressing everyone in the entire hall, “…AND THAT GOES FOR ANY OF YOU WHO ARE THE LEAST BIT AFFILIATED WITH THIS CREATURE!!”

Finally, she glared at Moondancer for one final assault. “You are DEAD to me! You’re even deader than your dead father! Thank goodness he’s not here to see what a disgrace you are!”

She stomped away from the table, heading for the main doors…

“Good-night…

Good luck…

…AND GOOD RIDDANCE!!”

She left, and the big doors closed really hard. No creature said or did anything, not even the guards whom were most livid that she dare insult Princess Twilight.

All was totally silent in the main hall. Even the musicians were no longer playing their tunes. Practically every creature gathered felt insulted for Twilight, and themselves.

Author's Note:

OH!! Ah, yeah... That felt good! I've been waiting to sock it to Twilight that hard...

...and the worst part is still yet to come.