• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,734 Views, 3,025 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,025
 7,734

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 60 - The Coalition's Vengeance.

-EQUUS, THE CORRUPTION BIOME, PONYVILLE-

[STOMP]

[STOMP]

[STOMP]

A seemingly endless series of stomping echoes throughout the corrupted landscape as the large army makes its way towards Ponyville. There were even familiar faces amongst this mighty force and non surprisingly, this consisted of those who lived here. Finally, after marching for what seemed to be an hour or two, the large force now stands before Ponyville. So close in fact that they could practically kiss the metaphorical edge of the infected town.

Sure enough, the monsters of The Corruption became alerted to the army’s presence and started to make their way towards the large force with haste. Worm like entities burrowed into the land, purple slimes hopped towards their prey and flying parasites flew forth to engage the armies aerial based forces. However, what the monsters of the infection failed to realize is that something was very different this time. No one, not a single living being present in the allied force were afraid of these entities. Unlike in the past when most would run away or freeze in utter fear, now, they stared on towards their shared foes. Determination, anger, rage, this is what filled the hearts of those within this army as they roar out against their oncoming foes and prepares for battle.

Princess Luna marched at the front of this army along with her fellow species representatives. This consisted of Dragonlord Ember along with with the assistance of the red dragon, Garble. Domihaus represented the minotaurs and General Seaspray for the hippogriffs. Prince Ruthorford for the yaks and Prince Zaku along with his finest warrior amongst the zebra, Zellan. Thorax, Pharynx, and Chrysalis for the changelings in addition to Gilda who was sent forth on behalf of Grandpa Gruff for the griffons. Much like the alicorn Princess, they all continued towards their encroaching foes.

With a smirk, Luna points her left front hoof towards the monsters and exclaims:

“Forward dearest comrades!, let’s show these monstrosities our combined wrath!”

Suddenly, the earth begins to shake violently but not due to the actions of the monsters from the infection. Not entirely, at least. It was mostly due to the ground forces of the unified army charging forward while letting out war cries and bracing their weapons for battle.

[CLINK]

[SHLINK]

[BOOM]

[SPLAT]

[FWOOM]

The sounds of crashing blades, exploding spells, arrows being loosed, dragons breathing fire, changelings buzzing about, yaks slamming into their foes head on, and many other scenarios plays out, some with familiar faces:

Both Vinyl scratch and Octavia lunges forward with their forged weapons, blades that were just as purple as the infection around them, and slices through various worm entities in addition to performing various combos together. In one instance, a flying parasite tried to swoop down at the two mares however Vinyl grabs onto Octavia’s front right hoof, spins in place, and then releases her fellow “Dance partner” as Octavia is hurled towards the monster and effortlessly cuts through the parasite before landing onto the earth and continues their assault in unison.

Bulk Biceps was truly a monstrosity in his own right and despite what many might believe, those muscles weren’t just for show. Using his war hammer forged by the ore, the stallion pegasus would send various slimes born from The Corruption flying into the air and even splatting them on the spot as he yells his signature:

”Yeah!”

Derpy Hooves flew through the air and duel wielded two blades in either of her forehooves. In one swift motion, she’d spin around and cleave multiple Eater Of Souls in the process in a whirlwind of blades. Her biggest threat was when a Corruptor appears before the pegasus, however, she wouldn’t face the entity alone as a familiar team of performers backs her up: Every member of The Wonderbolts.

Big Mac and Sugar Belle fought alongside one another, along with other members of the army. The red stallion wielded a battle axe forged from the purple ore while Sugar Belle wielded a bow that was forged from the same material. The mare would drop aerial foes by the dozen as she unleashes her arrows upon the Eater Of Souls. The apple family member would swing his battle axe and split various worm entities like a hot knife through butter.

Luna felt as if she truly belonged here, in battle, alongside her dear ponies and new found allies. The battlefield was her true calling whereas ruling a kingdom was more geared towards her sister’s expertise, she now believed. It was Ironic, given her past when she became Nightmare Moon. Floating both a battle axe forged from the ore and a personal scythe she herself had made long ago, which noticeably resembled a crescent moon that played as the “Business end” of the weapon, the dark alicorn gracefully cut through her foes both on land and in the air. One of the Corruptors tried to devour the Princess Of The Moon only for her to turn into a shadow which causes the entity to literally go right through her. She’d then send both of her weapons after her foe and dices the large parasite in the process. Just for good measure, the alicorn unleashes a beam of energy to even further rid her foe as it reduces the diced remains to dust.

Ember, Garble, and a few other dragons who accompanied them continues to burn both the smaller and larger flying parasites. Those who did manage to draw near the dragons were simply killed via their armored claws which was a personal request that Ember had made for the dragons when their armor were being customized.

“Burn!, you damned abominations!”, Ember roars out as she watches a parasite become consumed by dragon flame and starts to fall out of the skies.

Domihaus and his fellow minotaurs showed their might as they all wielded war hammers in one hand while punching and tossing their foes with the other. In one instant, a very large worm entity erupts out of the ground and attempts to ram into the King of the minotaurs.

Domihaus simply smiles, braces himself, and then catches the worm like entity which does manage to send him skiing back in the process, creating small fractures within the earth as a result of his hooves being dragged across the landscape. However, he’d then shout:

“Now Rutherford!”

“Yak give big monster pain!”, The yak Prince exclaims as he causes the ground to shake while he charges towards the large worm like a freight train.

[WHAM]

[SPLAT]

The yak prince hits the large worm entity with such force that it causes the monster to explode into pieces of gore.

“Hah!, Domihaus is impressed, yak Prince!”

“Yak thanks you, Domihaus. Maybe later yak challenges you to contest!”

The two titans of physical might nods to each other as they then return to the battle taking place throughout Ponyville.

Prince Zaku and his mighty zebra mare ally, Zellan, are throwing spears that were customarily made from the ore as many of their kind prefers to use spears in combat. One of the corrupted slimes tries to rush into the zebra prince, however, he simply smirks as his mare ally intercepts the slime and bucks it away before she then hops into the air, punctures the slime, and shoves a potion into the gelatinous creature’s body. Incidentally, this potion was crafted from the purification powder which causes the slime to literally melt away in the process as the concoction takes effect.

Chrysalis, Pharynx, Thorax, and the swarm of changelings that accompanied them blasted away their foes in a beam of green energy and were even wielding various weapons forged from the purple ore. Due to Thorax wielding the changeling hivemind, he was able to order and even see through the eyes of their fellow changelings around the battlefield. Chrysalis and Pharynx both wanted him to stay behind in The Crystal Empire due to this very reason. However, The Changeling King absolutely refused to stay behind especially since he still felt that he needed to be there for what happened in the previous battle in Ponyville.

“You are such an annoying grub, Thorax. I still say that you should go back to The Empire. You are the current wielder of The Changeling Hivemind, you need to be safe!.”

“And I told you, Chrysalis, that I need to be here!. Not only for my allies but for my subjects who died here in the last battle. Besides, only a cowardly ruler would hide behind their subjects.”

“I see my lessons have been engraved into that chitin of yours, brother. Well spoken!”

“You were right there with me when we tried to convince your brother to stay behind, Pharynx.”

“Yes, and a part of me does want that still. However, I do respect my brother wanting to be here for his subjects. At least he didn’t fly off and leave us behind like a certain-”

“This is not the time for that, you two!. Come on!, let’s destroy these monsters!. For The Hive!”

Gilda and General Seaspray soared through the skies and continued to slice apart various parasites with their bladed wings, said blades being forged by the purple ore. While customizing armor for both the griffins and hippogriffs, they requested for their wings to become an offensive weapon while also being guarded. Incidentally, there were even pegasi who requested these customizations.

Many scenarios and events are playing out all around Princess Cadence, Shining Armor, Tempest, and Spike who currently sat upon the broken unicorn mare’s back. They continued to escort what was arguably their greatest weapon: The Flim-Flam Purification Tower, which in turn was being pulled by four minotaurs. As an extra precaution, Shining Armor also projected a barrier around their weapon. The Flim Flam brothers starts to smile as they then shout in unison:

“There your Highnesses!, the center of Ponyville is just ahead!”

“Excellent!. Once we get there, me and Shining will channel our love into the Crystal Heart which will then activate this machine and purify the infection. All of Ponyville will be returned to normal!”, Cadence declares happily. "Everyone's doing amazingly well against the monsters outside and this armor we're all wearing is amazing!. Discord said something about an armor set bonus?. It increases our damage output and even makes us faster, my magic feels as if it's being amplified."

"No kidding, I feel like I could keep this barrier up for a whole year. I feel amazing!", Shining Armor replies.

“While this armor is impressive, there’s also another matter at hoof. That floating orb above the Town Hall.”, Tempest comments.

“Yeah, Dr Whooves suspects that it is some sort of container. It stores stolen life force and gathers sin from the sinful actions of others.”, Shining Armor replies.

“That’s been bothering me.”, Spike says which causes everyone else to turn their gaze towards the young dragon. “It’s just, our world isn’t exactly drowned in sin. Sure, we have some bad types here and there, but our world isn’t exactly the best supply of that stuff. It shouldn’t be enough to make this infection spread across the entire planet and thanks to our new armor and weapons, I doubt that these monsters will have many chances to steal everyone’s life force.”

Everyone present ponders on the dragon’s words and sure enough, he makes a good point. The Corruption spreads by feeding on sin which in turn are absorbed by the floating orbs. In addition, the life force extracted from unfortunate souls via the flying parasites can also contribute to the infection’s growth. And yet, Equus isn’t exactly filled to the brim with sin, in comparison to other worlds. Spike also makes a very good point on the fact that their newly found strength will no doubt reduce the opportunity for life force to be harvested.

Tempest is the first to speak up and says:

“I see what you’re getting at... And that is exactly why I suspected that somepony among us is a traitor. I mentioned it back in the throne room. After we’re done here and if we find another orb inside of Twilight’s castle... Then I am officially convinced.”

As this is going on, the battle still rages on outside of their barrier. Luna was even seen passing by as she continues to wage war against their foes.

“I must admit, I agree. It bothers me to know that one of our own would help this horrible infection to spread out even further.”, Cadence says as she takes on a saddened expression. Shining armor puts a hoof onto his lover and replies:

“Don’t worry, Cadence. Once we purify Ponyville we can start looking into it.”

“Thanks Shiny, I just don’t want Flurry Heart to have to grow up in a world consumed by... All of this.”

“That won’t happen. Just like Luna said before, we’re going to destroy this infection!”

“Alright everypony!, we’re in position!.”, The Flim Flam brothers exclaims as it did indeed turn out that the cart was positioned just before Town Hall.

Tempest look up towards the giant flying orb which was still positioned over the structure before them. She forms a smirk onto her muzzle and turns to everyone else saying:

“Alright then, let’s destroy that orb and purify this bucking corruption.”


-EQUUS, CANTERLOT CASTLE, THRONE ROOM-

The ruined throne room of the royal sisters was becoming more and more unpleasant by every passing day. It was indeed recognizable once before, but now, even one of the former alicorn rulers wouldn’t be able to recognize their own throne room. To add even more detest to this infected place, the skeletal remains of various lifeforms littered the room as they were likely victims of having their life force sapped away.

The Hivemind floated before the large orb which was still positioned in the same spot that used to be the royal thrones. The entity was also bothered by something. Specifically, It could feel a great change has taken place back in Terraria. The lord of the infection couldn’t quite figure it out but it almost felt as if something that was a parallel to its own existence was recently snuffed out. Then, a sudden clopping of hooves echoes throughout the chamber which causes The Hivemind to turn around and say:

”Have you planted the seeds within The Empire, Blueblood?”

“Why of course, my lord. Everything is ready to go and thanks to my aunt’s stupidity, I was able to plant those Corrupt Seeds. I must ask: Why don’t you just send that large worm, The Eater Of Worlds, to deal with everypony?”

”If we unleash the great eater it will not extract their life force, the great one will simply kill them all. The Eater Of Worlds is The Corruption’s guardian, however, it cannot harvest life force like those of the parasites. We must admit, your world isn’t particularly filled with too much sin. In fact, beings like you are rare in this reality, those who fully embrace the beauty of sin. It fuels us, empowers us, however... The only reason we were able to spread this far was mostly due to the sin left behind by The Moon Lord. Of course, your actions have also given my glorious infection sustenance and you will be richly rewarded.”

“So long as you continue to empower me, I will bring you more sin than anypony else could ever provide.”

”Actually, you are no longer one of our few sources of sin. We have two more allies to aid us in our pursuits. While you’ve been away, we’ve been making... Progress.”

“What?, who?”

“Oh golly, I heard all about you from our lord, Mister Blueblood.”, A mysterious voice replies. Disturbingly, this voice sounded exactly like that of a young filly. Seconds after those words were spoken, a pink pegasus filly reveals herself from behind the large floating orb. The pegasus then lands in front of The Hivemind and says mischievously with a dark look:

“Hi there!, I’m Cozy Glow. Want to be... frieeeeends?

Blueblood raises an eyebrow and says:

“This... This is a mere filly. My ally... Is a pegasus filly?. Couldn’t we have done better than... This?”, Blueblood question’s with a hint of confusion.

“Hey!, I might be small but I’ve been busy!. While you were off planting some seeds, oh that’s soo difficult, I’ve pointed our lord towards somepony who can help us.”

“Who?, your little dolls?. That doesn’t count, filly.”

[STOMP]

[STOMP]

“Actually, she’s talking about me.”, A new voice calls which was much deeper than even Blueblood’s. The mysterious being continues to stomp its way into the throne room which causes the unicorn to turn towards a large figure.

[STOMP]

[STOMP]

Stepping out of the shadows and into the haunting light of the throne room, a large red and black male centaur nears the group as he says:

“My job is done as well. Their little war in Ponyville has left them completely oblivious to what happened in Tartarus, they don’t even know that I’m missing. I thank you for releasing me, Hivemind.”, Blueblood’s eyes were momentarily shot wide open until he then smirks and says:

“Now that’s much better. Welcome aboard, Tirek.”

“That’s Lord Tirek, pony.”

Author's Note:

Hivemind has been busy. :twilightoops:

PreviousChapters Next