• Published 8th Nov 2020
  • 1,992 Views, 6 Comments

Nier: The Last Human - StardustSprinkle



What if Sunset wakes up, and finds out that she is the last human in existence?

  • ...
4
 6
 1,992

Adjustment

"And this concludes my report." Anemone says.

"It that so," A woman with long silver hair replies: "How is this Sunset doing now?"

"Not too good," Anemone answers: "She's still having trouble with everything. We kept it a secret from others. So far, Only 2B, 9S, me, Devola, and Popola know about this."

The woman with long silver hair was about to say something but stopped before any word words come out of her mouth.

"White, this is big," Anemone says, breaking the awkward silence: "If she really is a human, that means there might be more of them still on Earth."

"No, that's impossible," White replies with her eyes closed: "From this document 9S discovered, Sunset is the last surviving member of this project."

"And so we thought humans were extinct," Anemone adds: "Then what happened? 9S stumbled upon this document and found Sunset! Come on, White! We can't let the machines find the other humans first! Even if Sunset is the only one left, we can still secure more information about the old world or uncover other useful information."

"Alright," White says: "I will order all Yorha unite to begin searching information regarding the old world, especially in the desert."

"And we'll do our best to corporate," Anemone says: "If we end up finding more humans, then the Council of Humanity would finally be a thing!"

"You are right," White says, with a smile on her face: "We don't have lie to other androids anymore. Moreover, it would be a huge morale boost if a real human makes an appearance for the first time ever."

"And you don't have to worry about 9S finding out the truth anymore."

"Speaking of which," White asks: "How's 9S doing?"

"He's still oblivious," Anemone says: "Nothing to worry about for now. So, what's the plan? Do we keep it a secret?"

"Please do," White says: "We can't get back on the Moon just yet, so please take care of her for me."

"It would be my honor," Anemone says: "By the way, what are you going to do if she really is the last human in existence?"

"Then she will be the Council of Humanity," White says, turning her head towards the window and stares into space before settling her sight on Earth: "We are created to serve the human race, and I will fulfill this mission if that's the last thing I do."


"Say ah,"

"Ah..." Sunset says with a muffled voice.

"Ok, your throat looks good. How many fingers am I holding up?" Popola asks, holding up one finger.

Sunset squeezes her eyes before holding up two fingers.

"It's one," Devola shrugs: "You are close, though. Can you walk yet?"

Sunset shakes her head.

"I thought so," Popola says: "Don't worry, your eyes and throat should be back online in a few days. However, we are not sure whether you would be able to get your muscle mass back."

"You should be able to perform basic tasks with the proper amount of exercise," Devola adds: "For the time being, we'll find something to help you walk."

"Thank you." Sunset replies, with a muffled. Soon, she thought, I would get all the information I need. But before that, I should rest and observe.

Author's Note:

I know this chapter is short, but the next one would be longer I promise!