• Published 19th Oct 2020
  • 421 Views, 1 Comments

A Tale of Order and Chaos - Dawn Flower



An age old story of the interplay between the equal and opposite forces of Order and Chaos.

  • ...
0
 1
 421

The Storyteller

“But the hour is late, our cups are dry, and my tale is told.”

“Discord!” Twilight Sparkle yelled in frustration.

“Yes,” the Draconequus replied, looking up from the large book he held in his misshapen claws, elongating the word as he spoke in a coy tone.

Twilight, who had been lying sick in bed, had to place a steady hoof to her forehead to try and quell the intense headache that was Discord, in addition to her high fever. “Fluttershy just asked you to bring me a glass of water for my fever. Instead, you walk into the room, poof up a book and stool and start reading a story out of nowhere, all the while I have been constantly asking you to stop so that I can get some rest.”

Discord, his expression not having changed at all during her rant, simply stared back at her as she spoke. “Yes,” he repeated, in a slightly more subdued tone this time.

Twilight let out another exhausted sigh as she continued to rub her forehead to quell her never-ending headache, with both hooves this time. “I swear, Discord, with how you’ve been acting, I’m willing to bet that you just made up the whole story solely to get this kind of reaction out of me just because you were bored.”

Discord simply stared back at her for several seconds in complete silence before he suddenly threw his hands up in the air joyfully, making the book disappear as he did so. “You got me,” he answered, as he laughed jovially to himself.

Twilight, meanwhile, could only glare and growl at him softly, before her fever caused her to begin coughing once more.

Snapping his fingers and conjuring a glass of water, he passed it to her so that she could take a drink and clear her throat. “Here you go, Twilight, stay safe,” Discord spoke calmly as he patted her on the head to comfort her. He then made his way over to the door to leave. “And in the future, remember to social distance,” he spoke back to her just before closing the door behind him.

After she taken a drink of water, Discord was already out of the room before she could properly respond.

Now that he was alone in the hallways of the Castle of Friendship, Discord leaned back against the door to Twilight’s room, with a giddy expression on his face, trying to hold back roaring laughter, like he always did when got to mess with Twilight.

A moment later, however, he then reached into the tuft of his chest fur and pulled out a warped piece of metal, which vaguely looked like a crown, which had been weathered by the passage of time. He stared at the crown longingly and with an uncharacteristically content expression on his face.

And he smiled.

“I will always remember you fondly,” Discord said quietly to himself, looking up. “My Queen.”

Then with a snap of his fingers, he disappeared.

Comments ( 1 )

Two things Discord will always remember the Queen by.

The Faustian pact he forged with her.

Apples.

Well, mostly Apples.:ajbemused:

Login or register to comment