• Published 30th Sep 2012
  • 651 Views, 6 Comments

The Trotting Evil - TheOGBrony



all seems fine in Equestria but little does it know that it was endue for a true nightmare

  • ...
 6
 651

Chapter One Another normal day in ponyville

Chapter 1: Another Day in Ponyville…?

It was a normal day in Ponyville, if you can call Ponyville normal, the ponies where working hard, the pegasi where clearing the sky for a gorgeous sunny day, and a very rambunctious baby dragon was busy reshelving the library for the umpteenth time. “Man, twilight sure reads a lot of books, I’m pretty sure she has read all of these at least twice.” Just then there was a repeated knocking from the library’s door, “yeah, yeah I’m coming” Spike replied as he descended the ladder he was precariously perched on. When he opened the door before him stood a sickly looking colt with a grey coat, a tattered mane, and glazed eye. “Hey, um… are you ok?” stammered the baby dragon. The colt didn’t reply instead he staggered forward and pinned spike to the ground. “Agghhh! Get off of me!” spike yelped. The colt ignored his pleas, and proceeded to bite spikes shoulder, tearing a chunk of flesh from the defenseless dragon. ”AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!” Yelled the terrified young dragon.

Meanwhile, Twilight was then rudely interrupted from her reading of, the complete encyclopedia of all griffon knowledge by the screams of her favorite assistant. Twilight quickly proceeded down the stairs to see the turmoil of the young dragon. After viewing the predicament twilight’s horn began glowing luminescent lavender, using her magic, she threw the deranged colt off of spike. “YOU BASTARD!” the colt hit the wall, but quickly rose and limped angrily toward the enraged unicorn. Twilight however quickly recovered from the shock of the cannibals rally and with another burst of magic, she imprisoned the colt in a magical cage. She then hurried to where spike lay on the floor in a pool of his own blood, panic slowly consuming her. “SPIKE, can you hear me?” unfortunately the dragon could not reply he could only manage a slight moan, more of a murmur. “Spike try and stay still I’m going to try and get some help!” she used her magic once again and took the encaged colt into her room and locked the door.

Transition-town

“EVERYBODY TAKE SHELTER! THE STREETS AREN'T SAFE” Yelled the frantically shaking pink pony. Twilight tried to rush through town square but was distracted by her friends panicking

“Pinkie pie? You've got to help me spike was attacked by some…some sort cannibal!” Stuttered the purple and very anxious pony.

“Oh that sounds bad, is he ok? Is he bleeding out right now? I wonder if he sees the light. Where is he? Do you need some help?” Pinkie pie quizzed still managing to keep a smile only showing her concern in her eyes.

“I mean my pinkie sense has been going nonstop since this morning I’ve tried to warn everypony but they’re just not listening uuuhhhh!” Pinkie exclaimed at speeds only she could possibly obtain.

“Pinkie pie I don’t have any time for this. I need to get to the hospital immediately!” Said Twilight stomping her hoof on the ground.

“Oh? Well that’s too bad… and if you’re looking for the hospital you’re going the wrong way.”

“WHAT!”

“Yeah the hospital is the other way,” said pinkie pie pointing in almost the completely opposite direction.

“How did…. How did I miss that?” exclaimed the baffled unicorn

“Oh I’m sure you were just in a panic. Well we better get going.” Said the pink pony as she bounced off in the direction of the hospital. Twilight did not reply instead she simply followed her friend at full speed. As they approached the hospital they noticed an abnormal amount of ill ponies. Twilight ignored the large crowd of ponies and ran straight to the nearest doctor.

“Nurse Redheart, you’ve got to help me spike has been attacked!” stated twilight.

“Yeah, him and half of the town.” The nurse said sympathetically.

“What? What’s going on?” asked Twilight.

“Well, apparently a group of cannibals or some other sort of group has attacked the town; it seems like half the Ponyville is at the hospital. So I’m sorry sweetie, but we can’t help you.”

“Hey, what about Fluttershy, I’m sure she can help. I mean she’s always taking care of cute little critters anyway Right so I’m sure she’ll be happy to lend a hoof.” Interjected pinkie pie.

“Hey good idea pinkie.” Announced Twilight.
Twilight and pinkie pie headed off to Fluttershys at break neck speed.

Transition-Fluttershy’s house

“Oh my, I hope that everyone will be okay.” Said the frightened yellow pony.

“Okay they will be, as long as they flee.” Proclaimed Zecora

“Shouldn’t we try to at least warn them?” Worried Fluttershy.

“Don’t fret and don’t fuss, soon enough they will come to us.”

“Are you sure about that?” Questioned Fluttershy. Just then as if on cue the door burst open. Twilight and pinkie pie rushing through.

“Fluttershy You’ve got to help me! Spike got bitten, and the cannibal, and the hospital, and and…“panted Twilight.

“Calm down Twilight just tell me what happened. That is if you want too?” pleaded Fluttershy.

“I’m sorry to say spike can’t be saved, through this a cruel twist of fate.” Zecora announced solemnly. Twilight’s horn started to glow again using her magic to angrily lifted Zecora off the ground.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN (HE CAN’T BE SAVED)?” Roared Twilight.

“Once bitten by this curse, things get much much worse. His mind will fade, and his body will decay, bringing the baby dragon to the end of his days.” Calmly rhymed Zecora.
Twilight put Zecora down. Twilight then sat down and cried nothing else mattered to her right now. Just the lonely thought of Spike leaving her life forever. Her assistant practically her family no he was her family and now he was going to die?

“Twilight I know your upset but maybe if it would be okay you should let me tell you and pinkie what’s going on if that’s ok?” asked Fluttershy.

“You know what’s going on?” pinkie pie said with an excitement buzzing through her.

“Yes, Zecora just explained it to me before you burst in…”

“Once this plague rolled through my land, and that is why here I stand. Zomponies they are they feed on flesh, only way to stop them is to smash their skull or crush their chest.”

“You’re full of it! Zomponies don’t exist.” Announced Twilight recovering from her wallowing depression.

“Lies are something I do not tell, these monsters come straight from hell. To feast on you is what they do; if you do not fight you will be eaten too.” Said Zecora.

“So what do you suggest we do?” asked Twilight resentfully.

“Gather your friends and then you fight, escape from Ponyville and then survive you might.” Explained Zecora.

“Ooo...ooo then let’s go to sweet apple acres!” Pinkie pie yelled.

“Another great idea pinkie pie, we can meet up with applejack there and they have plenty of supplies.” exclaimed Twilight.

Transition-sweet apple acres

“Woo Eeehh! I don’t have any idea why this thing attacked me, but you sure did take care of it Big Mac.” triumphed an orange earth pony.

“Eeyup!” replied Big Mac kicking the heap of what was now a dead zompony.

“Yeah I mean you totally took the thing out in just one blow, now that’s some hoof strength.” exclaimed a much exited Rainbow Dash.

“Well what else would you expect from a hard workin’ pony like my brother.” AJ chimed in.

“So anyway why do ya think he attacked us.” wondered the blue Pegasus.

“Well that is a good point maybe he was”… Applejack was rudely interrupted by the shouts of an all too familiar pink pony.

“Hey applejack we need your help, oh look at that like you already know.” pinkie ranted once noticing the heap in front of her friends.

“Whoa! Pinkie, Twi what in Sam hell is going on, do y’all know why this freak attacked the farm.” asked the earth pony.
The group quickly explained the situation to the trio to the best of their ability.

“Well this is really bad, what’s the plan Twi, I mean ya do have one right.” questioned Rainbow Dash starting to get a bit anxious.

“Well actually! No, not yet. I was hoping we could bunker down here until we think of a game plan if that’s okay with you AJ.” The purple unicorn informed the others.

“Well I reckon we don’t have much of an option, with the rest of Ponyville in a riot and all.” Answered Applejack warily.

“I suppose we should barricade the barn, it’s the most defensible place we got right Big Mac.” Eeyup replied the colt matter-of-factly.

-A short while later after they set up a barricade and gathered supplies-

“Well I think we got this place as safe as can be so what do we all do next?” inquired applejack.

“I was thinking we wait until the morning and assess the situation then, based on our findings we do what is needed to survive this nightmare.” Answered the purple unicorn.

“I guess that’s a good a plan as any. Let’s just hope, it’s not like this everywhere, I mean think about Cheerilee and the fillies who went on that field trip to Phillydelphia, or Rarity who went to that fashion show thingy in Canterlot I hope their all okay.” the orange pony worried.

“Hey you have nothing to worry about I’m sure they’re all fine Cheerilee won’t let anything happen to Applebloom or Sweetie belle or Scootaloo or any of the others. Plus Rarity’s in Canterlot I’m sure that if this has spread the princesses have Canterlot secured. I’m sure we’ll see them all soon.” Dash stated half-heartedly.

“Eeyup!” big mac retorted worry in the big colts’ eyes.

“Ummm, applejack I was wondering if it’s no trouble could you possibly explain the dead body outside. I mean what happened.”’ Asked Fluttershy

“Yeah what happened why and how did you take care of that poor colt.” pinkie wondered aloud.

“Well u see me and Rainbow Dash were in the middle of a race, when out of the south orchard this ragged colt stumbles into our path, but when we slow down to see why he’s wanderin’ through the farm, he turns and charges at us like a mad pony. We try to reason with em’ but he just keeps comin’. Luckily big mac just came back from the barn, cause when he saw the colt attckin’ me and dash, he gallops over and knocks the fool right to his flank. Then tells the creep “to leave now.” but the pony just gets right back up and goes for big mac. Unfortunately for him that’s when Big Mac turns and shows him the meaning of the word buck. I mean the colt just crumples, and only a few minutes later you arrive and that’s that.” The orange pony explained to her on looking friends getting several nods from Rainbow Dash as she explains what had transpired.
As AJ finished her story they heard a rustling from outside.

“What in tarnation do you think that is?” AJ asked.
As she asked rainbow dash looked out of the make-shift slider on the barn door.

“It looks like a group of ponies are running toward the farm.” the Pegasus said.

“Are they infected.” Twi inquired while walking over to look for herself.
Then they heard a loud yell AAAAAHHHHHH!!! HELP, HELP IN THE NAME OF CELESTIA PLEASE HELP!!!

“Oh no, no, no, no! This is bad all their yelling is going to attract the infected.” Twilight whined.

“Sooo, umm! What do we do twilight?” Murmured Fluttershy almost inaudibly.

“What do you mean what do we do we have to help them it’s the only thing to do.” Rainbow Dash yelled getting approving nods from AJ and Big Mac.

“No we can’t if we lead them here there’s a good chance the infected will see them, and if that happens we could all be put in danger.” Twilight retorted.

“So your just gonna leave them to die, if we do that then were no better than them monsters Twi.” Applejack protested looking slightly ill.

“Eeyup you gotta look after your own.” Big Mac pronounced surprising the others except AJ who looked happy to hear Big Mac speak his mind.

“Uuuuuggghhhh! Fine I give up, but when this goes wrong don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Twilight sighed submissively.

“Good now that that’s settled lets save some ponies.” rainbow dash said victoriously.

“Alright dash I’ll get the door, and when I do you yell as loud as you can to get their attention, and as soon as their in me and Mac will barricade the door sound good.” AJ summarized.

“Got it” RD responded.
Big Mac meerly nodded as he had successfully used a weeks’ worth of words.

“Ready…set…NOW!” The orange pony yelled.
The door swung open and dash leapt out yelling at the top of her voice “over hear this way hurry.”
The group heard the yelling, unfortunately so did the Zomponies. As the group ran toward the barn a large herd of the trotters came from every direction, slowly closing on the quickly panicking survivors.

“This isn't good hurry! hurry!” Dash yelled worry pouring from every word.

“I knew this would happen, now our only chance is to run out the back and through the orchard, everyone grab as much supplies as you can and quickly.” Twilight said once again the voice of reason in a chaotic situation.

“But the others we can’t abandon them.” AJ said only half convincing even herself.

“Sad to say but twilights right, this a battle we cannot fight.” Zacora said reminding the group she was there at all.

“Look and see her idea is not unfounded, the group outside is already surrounded.”
As Zecora said the group outside the barn was indeed completely cut off from help, and the trotters were quickly closing in. it wasn't long before their shrieks of fear and pain could be heard, even through the thick wood of the barn.

“Please close the door I can’t take hearing those screams.” Dash said burying her head in her hooves.
Big mac kicked the door shut but it only muffled the yells.

“Pinkie get the back door open were going to have to move quickly if we’re going to make it.” Twi said hurrying to fix the straps of her saddle bag.

“Okie! Dokie! Lokie!” the party pony laughed as she moved the objects that were blocking the back door.
As pinkie opened the door twilight looked around the room. Everypony had their bags and other such accessories ready, except for dash who with some help from AJ and Fluttershy was getting her saddle bag on. Just then there was a huge pounding at the front door.

“Hurry everyone through the door.” she yelped anxiously.
As one by one they ran through the door, everypony was nearly through when the front gate exploded inward a hoard of trotters shuffling into the barn. The only pony who hadn’t come through was Big Mac, noticing this both Twi and Applejack reentered the doorway to see why the colt wasn’t coming.

“Bro come on we gotta leave now.” AJ said as she watched her brother stand unmoving staring daggers at the oncoming monsters.

“Nope I’m stayin’.” The normally calm colt bellowed.

“You can’t if you stay you’ll…” she couldn’t even finish the sentence.
I’m not gonna let these abominations destroy my farm, and even if I did come they’d just follow I can at least by y’all some time to escape.” The now stone cold Macintosh said stolidly still glaring at the fast approaching swarm.

“But I can’t just let you die.” The orange pony moaned now crying profusely

“AJ I know how you feel but I think what Big Mac is doing is unbelievably noble and selfless.” Twilight said trying to calm her weeping friend.

“I know you don’t want to believe it but he’s right. I mean I don’t want him to do it either, but you know Big Mac once he makes a decision he won’t stop until the jobs done.”

“Eeyup!” Big Mac responded looking at his sister with a glance of somepony who knows they’re not going to see that pony again.

“Now go I’ll hold these vermin back as long as I can.” With that he charged the oncoming herd knocking several flying and kicking the next few with such force you’d believe the Zomponies were made of Styrofoam “NOW GO!!!”
With that twilight managed to pull her sobbing friend to her hooves and with some help from a shocked group of friends they headed down the path that would lead to Canterlot.