• Published 12th Jun 2020
  • 193 Views, 0 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Unofficially Off-Record Pre-Prelude - The Warrior Of Darkness



Light backstory to one of my characters for another story. As Princess Celestia stays awake, restless in the night, she is pulled towards the Everfree Forest, to a place where even her Sun does not shine.

  • ...
 0
 193

My Sweet Prince of the Sky

My Sweet Prince Of The Sky

The Night Sky was peaceful with the moon overlooking the land that so many called home. Everypony under it's light slept peacefully, thanks to the Princess of the Sun, the same princess that should be asleep along with her ponies, but instead found herself looking over the night sky, as her sister did.

Celestia looked out over the slumbering land that she promised to rule alongside with her sister, Princess Luna. She had made that promise to the ponies of the land so long ago when she and her sister had toppled Discord's rule, and established Peace and Harmony in it. She broke that promise, when she had no other choice to banish her sister to the moon, and had regretted the events that lead up to it ever since.

As she looked out over Equestria she felt a sudden pull towards an area in the land that most deemed unfit to live, the Everfree Forest. As Celestia looked toward the area of dark forest, running for miles out from Ponyville, she felt a magical signature, a powerful one. It reminded her of how her magic was and as she thought more on it, she felt the need to investigate, but felt that she should do it alone. The Everfree was calling to her, and so she would rather risk her own than her guards, coming to a swift decision, she teleported from the castle she resided in, to the front of the woods.

Not wasting anytime, she proceeded immediately noticing that the strong magic she felt in the woods mirrored her own... That mirrored Luna's.

'Oh No, say it isn't so' she thought. Hoping that somehow, that evil corruption of her sister had not found a way from the moon, after just 50 years of being put on it. She knew if this were true she would lose the battle, the last time she had the Elements with her. If her thought was correct she should have brought some guards along with her. Thankfully, she was wrong, finally arriving at the source of the magical anomaly, she took note of the building that was in front of her, a building so much like the old castle that remained somewhere inside the Everfree.

As she approached the building Celestia noticed the quietness of the Everfree, it felt like dread, as if something was here that even the forest wanted no part of. Taking a deep breath, allowing the crisp, cold air of the night to calm her nerves she went inside, the darkness of the building taking control of her senses, she lit her horn, so she could better see and continued onward, downward to be precise, the building went down into the ground, she continued onward till she hit only what she could describe as a "barrier of stench" walking out into the room that smelled of death.

Celestia moved onward making her magic flow deeper into her horn, lighting the room only for her to stumble back, her magic waning at her own surprise as she looked at what was causing the stench: Burn Marks. Everywhere. Celestia didn't need to look more to note what kind of burning could cause such a stench. These burn marks were once ponies, she thought as she looked onward with horror, to see massive amounts of lab equipment thrown everywhere.

'What happened here? Who could have done such as thing?' Celestia thought as her pace quickened, hoping to find anything that could show what happened in this place, She turned down hallways, entered doors, she found nothing. Celestia was beginning to feel hopeless at the scene she saw before her, burn marks that pointed towards a gruesome death of her ponies, as she entered what looked to be the final 'testing site' she took note that this room had been where the magic she had felt was at it's strongest, she slowly pushed the door open, walking inside. As she looked around she noticed something out of the corner of her eye, turning towards it to see a small colt pushed up against the wall, with black marks all around the area he occupied.

Celestia crept forward, keeping her eyes on the small pony she took note of the colt's sleeping expression, it was filled with horror, once she saw that she immediately surged forward towards him, carefully looking at him, noticing the scars that ran around his body, the numerous cuts around his hooves, around his wings. She looked towards his head, surprised to find that resting on his head was a horn, he was the magic anomaly. This colt was a Alicorn. Celestia realized the implications of this, a alicorn colt here, in this abyss?

Celestia immediately knew what she had to do, softly taking the colt onto her back and leaving the room, being careful as to not wake the sleeping child. 'This colt was a survivor of whatever happened here, he also seems to be a victim'. She began to navigate her way back through this labyrinth of death, so she could see that he did not fall prey to whatever goes bump in the night. As she continued, she reached her destination, finally seeing the illuminated night through the treetops of the Everfree Forest. She wanted to immediately teleport to the castle so he could get proper medical treatment, but did not know what would happen to this child should she do that, instead, she made sure he was secure on her back, and took off into the sky, leaving the building behind.

She never noticed the vines that grew around him in the building, or the plant life that seemingly popped up as she left with him.

As she flew she turned her neck to view the alicorn's features, surely them being in a better light would help her distinguish his features. She had sworn his colors were different but when she did look, she noticed that his coat was near white, mostly the color of paled turquoise; she looked further towards his flank, what she saw would have gave her a heart attack. On his flank was a emblem that resembled her own, instead of the large circle signifying the sun, there was what looked to be blue flames, with it turning to resemble the "spirals" of flame that was apart of her cutie mark. Lastly, she looked upon his mane, shocked to see that it was turning white, ending with an ethereal blue. 'This colt, this child is just like me.. And just like Luna.'.

Turning around, Princess Celestia finally took notice of the Skye, it being filled with dancing lights, that was arranged from various violets. She read that as a sign, whether from her chained sister on the moon or from Faust herself, she would take care of this colt; as she reached her destination she thought about the building in the Everfree, the signs of lifelessness it showed, the stains of black from ponies that were once there. She would have the guard put a thorough investigation of the place, after all alicorn colts just don't come from the Sky.

Author's Note:

Right out of the gate, this is a TRIAL story. I don't know whether or not I'll be writing the story that this one preludes to, the reason why is because not only am I kinda lazy, but I'm extremely wary of backlash that this character will get in said story. Depending on how I feel, or whether or not I end up getting that itch in the middle of the night to write it (I'm extremely good at doing that). Next thing, this character is going to be CANON for MY story, that does not exactly mean he is canon normally. Lastly, if I do absolutely mess up with lore that is canon I either know, don't know or sometimes did it on purpose. Lastly, please enjoy or not; if you don't tell me why! It improves myself overall to better help with future stories.

Let me know if grammar or spelling is messed up and hopefully, I've enticed you all to a new story! I look forward to many friendships! Also, if I DID make a mistake, mark the area it comes from so it's easier to course correct.