• Published 30th Aug 2012
  • 2,237 Views, 19 Comments

The MMMystery of the Headless Horse - Matthais Unidostres



Pinkie Pie and Twilight must solve the mystery of the Headless Horse on Nightmare Night

  • ...
1
 19
 2,237

Part 2

Well, it's September 30th. I said I'd update on October 1st, but I won't have time then so I'll do it now. It's time for us to see how many of you were able to solve the mystery! Well, let's not waste any time!


"Well then," Twilight said, "It's time we found out who's behind this mask!"

Twilight reached out with her magic and gave firm tug. The phantom groaned as the pulling of Twilight's magic moved his head forward.

"Um, Twilight," Pinkie asked, tapping Twilight on the shoulder.

"What is it Pinkie, I'm busy unmasking here!" Twilight said irritably.

"Um, you're doing it wrong. It's more like this." Pinkie then grabbed the phantom's cloak with her teeth and pulled it off.

The surrounding ponies all gasped.

"Pipsqueak?"

Removing the cloak revealed a wooden frame in the shape of a horse, with hinges where all the joints should have been. At where the head would have been was a large harness-like contraption in which Pipsqueak's body fit perfectly. His hooves were connected to the wooden frame's legs with smaller harness and ropes that moved four-bar linkages , which in turn moved the legs in sync with his legs.

Pipsqueak squeezed himself out of the contraption and smiled, "Gotcha!"

Twilight's mouth had dropped open at what she was seeing. She closed her mouth and shook her head quickly to get over the shock, and then looked around in complete confusion. "No! This is impossible! Pipsqueak was there when the Headless Horse attacked! This doesn't make any sense!"

Pipsqueak cocked his head in confusion, "Sure it makes sense! That Headless Horse was just the real one. That's all!"

"Real one?" Spike asked nervously.

Suddenly, dark clouds filled the sky. Ponies began to look around fearfully as darkness overtook Ponyville. A chilling breeze blew through the town, bringing in an eerie fog along with it.

And then, without warning, and with a huge burst of smoke, the Headless Horse appeared. With his black wings, dark cloak, and jack-o-lantern head, he reared up on his hind legs and roared in a loud deep tone. Lightning flashed over him as ponies screamed in terror.

"To quote Princess Celestia, RUN!" Twilight shouted.

(Nearly any mystery involving characters dressing up as ghosts or monsters and chasing other characters around is a Scooby Doo spoof, so I figured, why not go all out and throw in some chase music! Thank you TheGreatBelcher for the awesome PMV!)

Spike clung tightly to Applejack as she took off running. He turned around to see the Headless Horse right on their tail. Spike screamed in terror, causing Applejack to run even faster. The pair ran into an alley, and the Headless Horse followed. The pony and dragon ran in and out of the alley ways, apparently defying the laws of physics and logic at certain points, until Spike somehow ended up riding the Headless Horse instead of Applejack.

Applejack shouted in fear, causing Spike realize what was going on. Spike screamed as the Headless Horse stopped, and his jack-o-lantern head spun around to look at him. Twilight suddenly teleported in and used her magic to pick up Spike and run.

The Headless Horse turned to see Big Macintosh waving a hoof at him to "bring it on." The phantom ran towards the knight, apparently oblivious to the catapult in between them. When the ghost stepped onto the end of the catapult, Big Macintosh stomped onto the other end. . .only to have the catapult snap like a twig in the middle.

The Headless Horse laughed, and then apparently teleported inches away from the stallion. Big Macintosh actually screamed like a filly and ran off in pure terror. The Headless Horse was then pelted with toy spiders. He turned to see Pinkie Pie with her gang of children throwing the spiders at him. The horse charged, causing the group to disperse quickly.

The phantom was chasing Pinkie Pie once again, this time right through the center of town. The phantom was just inches away from Pinkie Pie, nearly close enough to touch her bowler hat, when suddenly. . .

Sproing!

Pinkie Pie skidded to a halt and turned around fast. A bunch of wooden boards had been nailed to a nearby candy stand, extending out a few feet. Rope were attached to it, which were also attached to a net that had been hidden under a bit of dirt on the ground. The net had been triggered at exactly the right moment, catching the Headless Horse and suspending him upside down in mid air.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER GHOST CATCHERS! YAY!" shouted the three fillies.

Everypony cheered the three girls as they ran up to a get a closer look at the Headless Horse.

"Aw, we didn't get out Cutie Marks," Scootaloo moaned.

"Who cares! We caught the ghost!" Applebloom said excitedly.

Twilight used her magic to gently lower the Headless Horse to the ground and remove the net from his pumpkin head.

"I can see your eyes through that jack-o-lantern," Twilight declared strongly, "And it's about time we all got to see your face!"

Twilight used her magic to remove the pumpkin from the pony's head. . .

TO BE CONTINUED

That's right! I did it again! This time you have to wait until October 31st to find out the answer! Review the clues one more time, and you might be able to solve this mystery! Good luck!