• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 1,780 Views, 17 Comments

Beast of Equestria - Mr Wool



A human is taken to equestria, where he hopes to start a new life after years of running away.from the one he destroyed.

  • ...
6
 17
 1,780

New World: Part 2

Things were alot calmer after my fight with the manticore, in fact it was completely calm, I didn't encounter a single creature during the rest of my time in the forest. After what felt like hours I finally found the first sign of civilzation. Just outside of the forest there was a small cottage, around the cottage were many differnt types of small animals such as rabbits and squirrels running around the place, there was also many birdhouses, hutches and even a chicken coop. I slowly walked up to the door of the cottage, getting a few odd looks from some of the animals. I guess they didn't like strangers. I knocked on the door hoping that there was someone inside who could help me, there was no answer. After knocking a second time there was still no answer. I naturally assumed that no one was home.

As I was leaving the place I realised that I had not eaten anything all day. I looked at some of the animals around the place, back home I would have to catch my own food. I would eat pretty much anything, insects, birds, fish, that was one of the benefits of my other form, it turned me into a great hunter, I wouldn't have to worry about any other predators either, the worst that I encountered were foxes and they pretty much ran away from me on sight, in other words I was top of the food chain. I decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to go for any of the animals, I had no energy to chase them and I had nowhere to hide for an ambush attack without any of them noticing me and also ponies don't actually eat meat. I looked away from them not letting my hunger get the best of me.

Luckily there was a town not too far away from the cottage, but still a good bit of a walk away. As I was getting closer to the town I noticed another pony, a female one. She was orange in colour, had a blonde mane and was wearing a cowboy hat. She was struggling to pull a large cart full of apples.

"Need any help ?" I asked walking up to her. She turned around and looked at me.


"No thanks, I can handle it myself" She replied panting as she returned to pulling the cart, barely managing to pull it a few inches.

"Come on let me help" I said as I went behind the cart giving and began pushing it with ease.

"Whoa, take it easy there" she said amazed at how easily I was able to push it. It didn't come as much as a suprise to me, when I am in my normal form (which is now a pony) I have a good bit of strength (thanks to my ability),even if I am hungry or tired. Its not much but its definitely more than most normal people, I didn't look like a strong person and I always hid this from everybody, I was never really interested in sport that much, so it was easy for me to hide it.

"I assume your heading into town"

"Yeah, names Applejack by the way"

"Nice to meet you"

"Say I don't think I've seen ya around here before, you new ?"

"Yeah, just arrived today"

"What's yer name by the way ?"

"Uhhh, Tyranno ...". I felt like hitting myself at that moment. That wasn't my real name. Why did I say Tyranno ?

"Well then welcome to Ponyville Tyranno..."

"Ponyville ?" What an odd name for a place, but I have heard weirder.

"... by the way where ya from ?"

"Mayfield" saying it brought back memories of where used to live, it was mostly a sporting community, one of the reasons I never fit in.

"Don't think I've ever heard of there"

"No its very small, not many would have heard of it"

After about ten minutes we finally made it into town. The streets were busy with many ponies of different colours. Not only that but there was also ponies with horns and wings, unicorns and pegasi if I remember correctly. It was a nice sight to see, it had been almost a year since I had been in any kind of populated place, I always enjoyed the sight of people (or in this case ponies) going about their everyday life. We finally stopped at an empty stall.

"Thanks for the help there partner"

"Don't mention, need help with anything else ?"

"No thats ok I can get the place set up by mahself"

"Well the see you around" the moment I finished my sentence my stomach started rumbling.

"Sounds like somepony missed out on breakfast, here take this..." she said as she handed me an apple from the cart ".., on the house, least I can do to repay ya fer helping me out"

"Thanks"

I looked around the place deciding to take a look around town. I took a bite out of the apple and instantly my mouth was filled with a great sensation of taste. It had been so long since I last tasted fruit and I never trusted any of the fruit I found in the wild, so when tasted the apple it almost felt like the greatest thing I have ever tasted in my life. A smile came across my face.

"Where should I go first ?" I asked myself.