• Published 3rd Apr 2020
  • 300 Views, 0 Comments

Equestria’s Speedy Demon - DaiAtlas2016



Fluttershy and Twilight come across some clues pointing to a creature that could hold the secrets to chronological magic, they must find, no matter who gets in their way.

  • ...
 0
 300

Hide and Not Seek

Applejack had finished breakfast and was heading out to the barn to drag out the some buckets to put the apples in. She heard a rustle from the barn when she got to the door. “Alright, who’s all in here?”, Applejack asked, opening the door. Inside stood a slender, orange dragon with sky blue eyes, they locked eyes as he said, “Uhh...hi?”

“Who, and what are you?!? And what are ya doing in my barn?”, the orange pony questioned, raising a brow. “Applejack! Twilight and Fluttershy are here to see ya!”, Applebloom shouted. The dragon yelped, “They’re here to get me!” Applejack turned to the distressed reptile, “Twilight and Fluttershy? What do they want with you?”

“They want to experiment on me!! You’ve got to hide me!! Please, they might turn me in to some other lab’s custody so they can dissect me!”, he cried, a pleading look in his eyes. Applejack sighed, “Okay, go hide in that haystack, I’ll go talk to them.” The dragon smiled, “Thank you so much!”

Applejack walked out to find Twilight and Fluttershy sitting on the porch. “So what brings y’all here?”, Applejack asked. Twilight smiled, “You haven’t seen any mysterious creatures lurking about have you? We followed a scale and some tracks leading here.” The cowpony inquired, “What kind of creature? Are you sure it wasn’t Applebloom?”

“No, Applejack, it’s about pony sized, judging from the tracks, scaly, and orange. Maybe it wandered into the orchard?”, Fluttershy corrected. “You’re more than welcome to look around! What do you plan to do with it once you find it?”, Applejack asked. Twilight replied, “If we do capture, I want to run some experiments to learn more about it. We could even discover a new kind of magic if we’re lucky!” The orange pony questioned, “So you won’t, oh, I don’t know, dissect it?”

“No, that’s not the plan. At the moment, anyway. Thanks for your help, Applejack!”, Twilight interjected. Applejack replied, “No problem, girls! Y’all be careful out there!” After Twilight and Fluttershy left, Applejack went back in the barn to find the mysterious dragon peeping out of the haystack.

“The coast is clear, they’re out searching the orchard, they’ll be a while.” , she grinned as the dragon struggled to get out of the haystack. The dragon smiled back, “Thanks for saving my life! I owe you, I’m Nitro, Nitro Braveheart.” Applejack took his paw and shook it, “I’m Applejack. So, what are you, a dragon?”

“Yeah, I’m a Speedster Dragon, the fastest in Equestria, and the last of my kind.”, Nitro replied, his heart sinking with every word he spoke. Applejack saw this and asked, “Where are you gonna go? You can’t stay here? You’ll be found eventually.” Nitro sighed, “Somewhere out west would be perfect, wide open space, very warm, no snow and ice! But I don’t know how to get there.”

Applejack stood there in thought, then she looked at Nitro, “I’ll tell you what, you seem like you’re in a pinch. So I’ll help you, you look like you really need help.” Nitro looked up in awe, “Really? You’ll help me?” “Of course, you seem nice enough, I’d hate for you to be cooped up in a cage for the rest of life. Nitro wrapped his paws around Applejack and replied, “Thank you so much! I’ve never had anyone be nice before. I usually stay hidden, I blew it this time.”

“Come on, let’s go catch a train.”, Applejack smiled, patting his back.