• Published 7th Mar 2020
  • 1,562 Views, 33 Comments

Sweet Affection 5: The Quest to True Love - Masterob



Rumble must reunite with Sweetie Belle to overcome odds.

  • ...
9
 33
 1,562

To Save All of Equestria

Down in the cell area, one seperate from where Tender Taps was; The Cutie Mark Crusaders have fully come too and were working together to free Twilight from Chrysalis's cocoon.

"Almost got you free Twilight," Sweetie Belle said, pulling hard.

"Man this thing's strong," Apple Bloom said, trying to separate it. "No wonder ponies can't break out so easily."

"We just gotta put more muscle into it!" Scootaloo encouraged, the three trying harder until the pieces came apart.

"Good work girls," Twilight said, stepping out of the coccon, a bunch of slime on her. "Those things are so sticky, really gross."

"Well now that yer safe, how are we gonna go about busting out of this place?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Normally I would teleport but, they took all my magic," Twilight said. "Honestly there isn't much I can do right now, so it's going to have to fall on you three."

"Well even if we could teleport, there's still the other villains outside the cell, if any of us escape, we'd be no match fer what's out there," Apple Bloom said.

"Yeah, my magic still isn't strong enough to contend with those villains," Sweetie Belle said. "I'd just be putting myself in danger and I don't think I'd be able to protect any of you."

"Well what are we suppose to do then? Just sit here and wait?" Scootaloo asked. "Those villains are about to take over Equestria!"

"Well Applejack and the others should be here soon," Apple Bloom reminded. "They went to get help after all."

"That's assuming they weren't ambushed," Scootaloo said. "I mean I haven't heard from Rainbow Dash in days, how far away is Griffonstone exactly?"

"Pretty far from Ponyville," Twilight said.

"Well, still, she can fly," Scootaloo said. "She's super fast."

"Even if she's super fast getting there, it's gonna take a while for the other Griffons to catch up with her, plus Gallus went with her and he's not as fast as she is," Sweetie Belle explained. "I know you're worried, I'm worried about Rarity, she along with Silverstream went to Mount Aris to get help, if they want to help, I heard last time they were pretty resistant."

"Last time they were mostly just worried about losing their Pearl to The Storm King, but they are more willing to help than before," Twilight explained. "I just know that Rarity will be successful and we'll have even more Friends helping us."

"Here's the big problem though," Apple Bloom said. "Will they even know where we are?"

"They'll come, the villains are using us as bait after all," Twilight said. "I wouldn't be surprised if that's when they spring that imposter of me out there, then after they get everyone on their side, the villains will just do away with us."

"So even if they get help, we're pretty much screwed, what do we do now?" Scootaloo said.

Suddenly they heard a familiar voice, "You'll do what you've always been meant to do." They turned to see Rumble on the other side of the cell.

"Rumble, good you're here," Sweetie Belle said.

Twilight didn't seem as happy, "Good? Did you forget that he betrayed us! He's siding with the villains, all because of Cozy Glow!"

"Twilight, keep your voice down," Rumble said, worried about having the other villains overhear. "I know it seemed like I took their side, but believe me when I say that I'm not fully on board with them."

"Oh really, how can I be so sure?" Twilight asked.

"Twilight he's not betraying us, I know Rumble pretty well, he wouldn't do something like this," Sweetie Belle said.

Twilight still didn't seem convinced, "Still...it just seems kind of fishy to me."

"Come on Twilight, you know me, I would never betray Equestria," Rumble said. "Yeah me and Cozy Glow are friends but that doesn't mean I want to betray everypony. That's why I spent all that time trying to get her on our side."

"I would have thought that you'd realize by now that it won't work," Twilight said. "She's a lost cause Rumble, it's not worth the effort."

Rumble furrowed his brow at the Princess, never had he expected her of all ponies to just give up on someone who needs Friendship the most, "What's happened to you Twlight? You were always about helping other and giving them a second chance. I've seen first hoof that Cozy Glow has it in her to be a better pony, maybe she needs more work but me trying to help her has always been a labor of love, same with Flitter. We both cared enough to want better for her and honestly, I think she can be loving and understanding."

"He ain't wrong," Apple Bloom said, getting Twilight's attention. "Cozy can be a nice pony, she has done something nice fer me and The Crusaders, and she didn't even have to at the time. She could have gotten away with making us look bad, but she chose to make things right. She has it in her to be kind to others, she just needs that side nourished more."

"And I can...no, we can nourish it together, she just needs to feel love and accepted, and we can help her realize her own mistakes," Rumble said. "But to do that, we need to work together."

"Yeah, let's work together to help Cozy Glow," Apple Bloom said.

"I'm in," Scootaloo said.

"Me too," Sweetie Belle said.

All that was left was Twilight, who wasn't really quick to respond. Rumble could tell there was still some uncertainty within her. Truthfully, this bothered Rumble, he believes that it should be Twilight trying to motivate everypony, instead he's the one trying to motivate her.

"Twilight, I know you have your doubts, and maybe it's for good reason, Cozy Glow hasn't been the most trusted pony, but believe when I say that she's not that bad," Rumble insisted. "She was happy with us, she was happy in Ponyville, if it wasn't for Discord's cruel plan, she wouldn't have been put in this situation. Maybe Cozy should have resisted temptation a little better, but it didn't help when ponies weren't too subtle about not trusting her. You have to give her a chance, she needs it, she deserves it. Do for her what you did for Starlight and all the others you gained faith in."

Twilight still had her doubts about all this, "Why do you trust her? Why do you feel she has good in her, when she's done a lot of the opposite?"

"Because I gave her a chance, so did Flitter," Rumble said, looking Twilight right in the eyes. "We eared her respect and she allowed us to help correct her when she needed it. Right now she needs a lot of correcting, and if anypony can teach the values of Friendship, it should be The Princess of Friendship herself."

Twilight could see the determination in Rumble's eyes, whatever his feelings were for Cozy Glow, they really were genuine. He did want to help her, he wanted to bring her away from the evils of Equestria. She could tell the Crusaders were just as serious about it too. "I would like to help her...but I don't know if I can. I failed once, what if I fail again?"

"Don't think of it as failing, think of it as a miscalculation, one that you have the opportunity to correct," Rumble said. "Every failure is a learning experience, or at least that's something you would probably say."

Twilight chuckled a bit, "Yeah, I probably would say that. I still have some doubts, but maybe you can put my doubts at ease. You may not be my student Rumble, but I'll still give you the opportunity at the Ultimate Friendship Lesson. Show us that Cozy Glow is capable of experiencing the Magic of Friendship."

"I will, you have my word," Rumble said. "Now, we need to figure out a way to get your magic back."

"Right, my magic," Twilight said. "It's too bad that we don't have access to our Rainbow Powers, I don't even know if that's possible without the Tree of Harmony."

"Too bad we can't get it back from Tirek," Sweetie Belle said.

"Or...maybe I can check Grogar's Bell," Rumble said. "If it could give Cozy Glow her Alicorn magic again, maybe it can give you some magic you can use."

"That's a good idea, but we'll need to find the bell," Twilight said.

"Leave that to me, the villains trust me after all," Rumble said. "I can just sneak around until I find it, and soon you'll have your magic back."

"Just be quick, before my friends get here," Twilight said. "With that fake Twilight around she might negatively alter our plans."

"I got it Twi," Rumble said, flying off to find the bell.

Just outside the Headquarters, Flurry Heart was sneaking around, scouting the area and keeping an eye out for things, such as enemies or secret passage ways she could exploit.

"Now, if I were a secret entrance, where would I be?" Flurry Heart asked out loud.

"Certainly not where anypony can find one," she heard. She turned around to see a familiar and friendly face.
"I remember you..." Flurry said, analyzing the newcomer. "Sonata Dusk..."

"That's me," Sonnata said, making her way over to the filly. "Wow, you've gotten so big, I'm so happy to see what a beautiful young filly you've become."

Flurry seemed happy for a second, though that happiness slowly faded into uncertainty, "My parents told me not to trust you, they said you're a bad pony."

"Well...I can't fully disagree on that," Sonata admitted. "I haven't done too many great things, between manipulating ponies against one another, feeding off their negativity and this invasion, I can't say I'm the best creature to be around."

"Why did you do all that stuff?" Flurry asked. "Why do you do mean things?"

"For survival," Sonata answered. "I need to feed off of negative energy, it's how I get my nutrients. It's like how the Changelings need love, and while they found a simple solution, mine isn't as simple."

"What if you could survive without doing these bad things, would you?" Flurry asked.

"I would consider it, but only if my friends could join me," Sonata said. "I know Adagio and Aria can be just as bad, if not worse, but we're still a family, and I could never turn on family."

"But, if you joined us, you could have had a new family," Flurry said, looking up with sadness in her eyes. "I don't remember too much from when I was a toddler, but I do remember you being so nice to me, that's why I couldn't really believe my parents when they said you were evil. I felt so safe around you, and when I heard that you were free, I wanted to see you again, to see if you were as nice as I remembered." Flurry's mood started to dampen, "Then I heard the stories again, you hurting other ponies for their negative emotions. I thought it was more rumors, but I can see that there is some truth to that. You've done bad things, and the fact that you're here with these other villains just confirms that, I don't even know what to think."

"Well, I'm sorry you feel this way," Sonata admitted. "I'm sorry I can't join you just yet, I can't even promise that I ever will join you. If you don't trust me, that's fine, maybe I don't deserve it since I probably let you down after years of you thinking I was better than I was. But I can promise you this," Sonata stroked her face affectionately, "Every memory you have of me loving and caring about you, that was genuine. I don't know how it happened, maybe it's because you radiate love, maybe it was your adorable innocence, or maybe because you're just so cute."

Flurry was blushing a lot, she could tell this mare was being genuine, which tore her apart even more, not knowing if she should view Sonata as a enemy or not. "I wish you could be with us."

"So do I," Sonata said, then leaned down to kiss Flurry on the head. "Your love alone would be worth it, but unfortunately it still doesn't make my decision easier." Sonata turned to walk away, but before departing, she gestured down south, "There's a secret tunnel that will take you into the throne room, your Aunt Twilight and some Friends are in the Dungeon. Please be careful and take caution."

Flurry's smile widened, knowing that Sonata truly does care, "If we win, I promise you won't be a statue again. You and your friends can come home with me...even if it has to be in our dungeon."

"I'll take that, if it means seeing you more," Sonata said. Flurry happily made her way to the secret tunnel as Sonata walked away from the area. "Even if we lose, at least I can still see her grow up."

"Don't count on it," she heard. Sonata turned to see Grogar charging up his powers. "Traitor..."

Inside the base, Rumble was seen casually strolling around, trying too hard to blend in. The henchmen in the base knew that Rumble had special privileges to be there thanks to Cozy Glow, so he didn't need to try that hard, but his nerves were getting the better of him, constantly worried someone was gonna catch on.

His plan was to find Cozy Glow and see if she could somehow lead him to where Grogar's Bell was and the best way to gain access to it. He however couldn't really find her room, most of them looked the same to him. So he knocked on the door of one room.

"Who is it?" He heard, it sounded like Aria Blaze.

"It's Rumble, I was looking for Cozy Glow," Rumble said.

"Her room is on the other side of the hall," Aria said.

"Oh thanks...uh, you're Aria right?" Rumble asked.

"Yeah, and you are...?" Aria asked.

"I'm Rumble, Cozy Glow's friend," the boy replied.

"Oh right, the colt she's hopelessly in love with," Aria said.

"Uh, that's a bit harsh," Rumble said. "She just has strong feelings for me."

"Yeah, since we broke free of our imprisonment, you're all she could talk about, it really got on my nerves," Aria said. "I mean for all she knew, you could have moved on."

"I did try, but I couldn't," Rumble said. "But now she's back, so we can be together. Uh, assuming everything doesn't fall apart again."

"Whatever kid, I don't really care to hear your life story or your romance," Aria said. "Your filly friend is in the other room, now go away already."

Rumble wasn't too appreciative of Aria's moody attitude, but he wasn't going to press it. "Alright, I'm off." He trotted down the hall to find Cozy Glow, when he saw her exiting her room. "Hey Cozy Glow!"

"Huh?" Cozy turned to the colt. "Oh, hi Rumble, what are you up to?"

"I came to find you, see I needed some help," Rumble said.

"I'd be glad to help you, but maybe you can help me first," Cozy Glow said. "Come with me."

"Uh, ok," Rumble said as he followed after Cozy Glow, wherever she was going. At least with Cozy Glow he felt more at ease since she was one of the official members of this group of villains.

"Here we are," Cozy Glow said, stopping in front of a room. "This is Grogar's room."

"Grogar's room!?" Rumble asked. "Wait why are we here!?"

"To get something cool," Cozy Glow answered. "See Grogar's been collecting magical artifacts lately and I want to try one of them on."

"Wait, what if he's in there?" Rumble asked.

"He isn't, I saw him going outside before and he's usually not in there during the day anyway," Cozy Glow said.

Cozy Glow opened the door to Grogar's room, and to both her and Rumble's surprise, they spotted a little intruder.

"Flurry Heart!?" Rumble said, getting the filly's attention.

"What the!?" Flurry turned around to spot the two. "R-Rumble!? Is that you? And...Cozy Glow?" Cozy was at a loss for words, she hasn't seen Cozy Glow since before she turned to stone. Granted she doesn't remember too much about her, similar to how it was with Sonata. She remembers some good things, but also some bad things, and growing up hearing more bad than good hasn't been helpful much in her view of Cozy Glow, especially considering her role in this invasion.

"Golly, is that really Flurry Heart?" Cozy Glow said, making her way over. "Wow, she's gotten so big, she's almost my size!"

She wasn't wrong, while Cozy Glow was slightly taller than last time, her growth was still stunted from her time being turned to stone, so she was barely taller than Flurry.

"You two can chat again later, for now Flurry, you really need to explain how and why you're here," Rumble said.

That seemed to snap Flurry out of her state of shock, "Oh right um...I'm here to thwart the villains' plans!"

"Uh, did you come by yourself?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Oh yeah, see I...wait why am I telling you!?" Flurry asked. "You're one of the villains!" Flurry got into a fighting stance, keeping her magic charged. "And I won't let you defeat me. I see you're a Alicorn too, probably from Tirek's magic or something, well you won't win against me, because I have my own Alicorn magic that my mom and Auntie Twilight have been helping me with, which will make me stronger than you!"

"Oh gee, I'd love to see how strong you've gotten, but I'm afraid I shouldn't be fighting," Cozy Glow said. "Not yet at least."

"Oh, you refuse to fight me? Do you sense my awesome power?" Flurry Heart taunted.

"Aw, you're so cute," Cozy said, patting Flurry's head, much to the filly's annoyance. "I forgot how adorable you could be, I really missed seeing you Flurry."

"Don't call me cute!" Flurry said, whacking Cozy's hoof away. "I'm a strong Warrior Princess who fights for honor!"

"Of course you are, cutie," Cozy Glow said.

Flurry couldn't tell if Cozy was mocking her or being genuine, regardless this was getting on her nerves. "I'm trying to be a fierce adversary here, and you calling me cute is not helping!"

"Flurry," Rumble said, getting her attention. "Seriously, how did you get here?"

"I snuck over," Flurry explained. "I wanted to save the world from these mean villains, so that's why I'm here. But how and why are you here? And why are you with Cozy Glow?"

"She needed to see me, so Chrysalis helped me find her," Rumble said.

"Wait, Chrysalis? How? Why?" Flurry said. "I'm so confused as to what's going on. Wait...you're not siding with the villains are you?"

"Uh..." Rumble scratched his head, trying to think of an explanation. "It's hard to explain...but you see..."

"Of course he's on our side, he's my coltfriend after all," Cozy Glow boasted.

Rumble groaned at Cozy's 'explanation', knowing the filly might be making things worse. "Well, I am with Cozy Glow, that much is true..."

"So you're betraying us!?" Flurry angrily shouted. "How could you Rumble! This is not behavior befitting of my future husband!"

Cozy Glow giggled a bit, "Aw, she still has a crush on you. That's adorable."

"I command you to take me seriously!" Flurry Heart demanded, then turned to Rumble. "As for you...!"

"Uh, can I talk to her in private, it might help her understand better," Rumble said. Without waiting for an answer, he quickly brought Flurry over with him outside the room, hopefully out of ear shot from Cozy Glow.

"What do you want!? You cute but dastardly traitor!" Flurry asked.

"I'm not betraying anyone Flurry, I'm just pretending," Rumble said. "Look the villains seem to trust me, so I want to use that to my advantage to help Twilight save Equestria."

"Pretending?" Flurry asked, rubbing her chin. "How can I be so sure."

"Come on Flurry, you know me better than that, do you really think I would betray anypony?" Rumble asked.

"Hm...I guess not," Flurry said. "But this is still kind of suspicious, if you really are on our side, you're going to have to do something to prove it."

"I can take you to where Twilight is if you want, she along with Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom are somewhere in this base," Rumble explained.

"Well, that's good to know, but I'm still gonna need another show of faith from you," Flurry said.

"Uh, like what?" Rumble asked, then saw Flurry puckering her lips. "Ugh, seriously?"

"Kiss me!" Flurry demanded. Rumble groaned in annoyance and leaned down to kiss Flurry, just the way she wanted. "There, better? Do you trust me?"

The little love struck princess seemed to nod, "Oh yeah, I totally believe you're not evil. Alright, you can still be my husband."

"That...might be a problem," Rumble said. "Even if we defeat the villains, I still want to rescue Cozy Glow, I mean I still don't think she's all bad, and I want to help her turn good."

"So, you also want to save someone from these villains?" Flurry Heart asked. "That's good, because I want to save Sonata from them."

"Sonata?" Rumble asked, thinking about the Siren. "Right, she was really fond of you back when you were a toddler."

"Did she really care that much about me?" Flurry asked.

"She seemed to, she always looked happy to be near you," Rumble said. "She's always given off a more gentle aura, way more than her friends. Maybe we can do something to help her too, I mean she was tricked by Discord just like Cozy Glow was."

"Mom says that Discord was just trying to help," Flurry said.

"Well he did a lousy job, if anything he made things worse all because he couldn't let Cozy Glow and Sonata have a second chance," Rumble said. "I mean really, sending villains to attack Twilight just to give her a boost? It was a lousy plan that obviously went wrong because who in their right mind would think that would work? So ridiculous!"

"So, what's the plan?" Flurry asked. "Where's Auntie Twilight?"

"She's in the Dungeon down the hall, but Tirek took her magic, that's why we needed Grogar's bell," Rumble said. "Speaking of which, we should go back inside before Cozy gets suspicious, if she hasn't already."

"Are you really in love with her?" Flurry asked. "Or are you pretending with that too?"

"It's complicated," Rumble said, making his way back inside the room to find something troubling. Cozy Glow was unconscious and on the floor, with Grogar standing over her. "Ah, more guests."

"Cozy Glow!" Rumble shouted in worry, then found himself grabbed by Grogar's magic.

"No! Rumbly!" Flurry shouted, then powered up her magic. "You big bully, let him go!"

Flurry flew in to attack Grogar, but was knocked against the wall by the evil goat. "More Alicorn magic, perhaps I'll take yours too."

"Hey! Don't hurt Flurry, she's only a foal!" Rumble shouted.

"Silence fool," Grogar warned. "Foal or not, I won't allow anyone to ruin my plans. See unlike Discord, I am not oblivious to deception, but rather than destroying those I deem suspicious, I simply wait for them to attempt their miserable plans and foil them on the spot, gives me the extra motivation to make them suffer and come up with a faily reasonable punishment for them."

"Wow, seems like you have a lot of time on your hands," Rumble taunted, still struggling to escape. "Still, attacking Flurry is one thing, but Cozy Glow is worse if you knew her current condition."

"Oh I'm fully aware of the fact that she's carrying life within her," Grogar said. "I even considered being merciful and not allowing her to do battle, she would have slowed us down anyway."

"Well that would be the right thing to do, villain or not, I would hope you have the morality not to do something so devious," Rumble said.

"It depends," Grogar said. "But perhaps I won't hurt the filly, rather I'll just hurt those she cares about, just as a warning to her. I had a nice warm up making an example out of that foolish Siren, so one-upping it with you will be no problem at all."

Before Grogar could do anything, Flurry blasted him with her magic, "Let him go you bully!"

While the attack didn't really hurt Grogar, it distracted him enough to allow Rumble to fly in and kick the villain in the face. He quickly grabbed Cozy Glow and turned to Flurry, "Fly!"

Rumble and Flurry flew out the room with Cozy Glow in tow, Grogar looking furious at the trio. "That was your last mistake!" Using his magic, he sent a message to the entire proximity, "Guards! Capture the rogue ponies! Look for Cozy Glow, Princess Flurry Heart and that traitorous colt Rumble! Capture them immediately!"

"Dang, now everyone's gonna come after us!" Rumble said, holding Cozy Glow tightly as he flew.

"Let's just leave quick! We'll come back later for Auntie Twilight!" Flurry said as the three made their way outside. However just before the three could escape into the forest, they were blocked by a wall of Changelings and Storm King Soldiers.

"Gonna be hard to fight them all," Rumble admitted.

"I can take them," Flurry said, charging her horn. "Small or not, I'm still an Alicorn Princess. I'll protect you both!"

"Are you sure that's wise little one?" Chrysalis said, making her way over with Tirek, Sombra, Storm King, Adagio and Aria. "Even if you get past them, you won't be getting past us."

"Ugh, it's you! The one who pretended to by my mommy and tried stealing away my daddy!" Flurry said, looking to Chrysalis in disgust.

"Yes, if my plan succeeded, I would have been your mommy instead," Chrysalis teased.

"Ew, no way! I wouldn't be as pretty as I am if you were my mommy!" Flurry said.

"Ooh, burn," Adagio joked.

"Zip it!" Chrysalis ordered, then focused back on Rumble. "I should have expected this from you Rumble, you never had any real interest in joining us, you just wanted Cozy Glow. All this talk of pity, was just talk wasn't it?"

"No, I swear I meant what I said," Rumble said. "I do think what Twilight did was terrible, I just can't turn my back on Equestria. But that doesn't mean we can't be friends!"

"Equestria is our enemy, you can't be both on their side, and ours," Aria said.

"Well, maybe we can all be on the same side!" Rumble said. "It's not too late for you lot to join us, just let Friendship into your hearts and-"

"Look kid, we've already been over this," Tirek interrupted. "Friendship, is not really our thing, I mean we can all barely stand each other, we're just working together until we can get Princess Twilight out of the way."

Rumble turned his attention to Adagio, "What about you? The Sirens are your friends, aren't they?"

"Yes, but it's not like we're gonna befriend everyone else," Adagio said. "It's no secret that all I care about are Aria and Sonata."

"Speaking of Sonata, where is she now?" Rumble asked, knowing what the answer would be.

"Uh...hm, guess she didn't hear Grogar's message, that or she got distracted by something silly," Adagio said.

"Or maybe Grogar's already starting to get rid of you," Rumble said, getting Adagio's attention. "I mean you said it yourself, or rather Tirek said it, none of you are really friends, so what's to stop Grogar from getting rid of you once you all stop being of use to him?"

"What are you trying to say?" Adagio asked. "We're not worried about Grogar, we can take care of ourselves!"

"For now, but if Grogar really is powerful, he might just wipe all of you out, since you're all planning to take over a specific part of Equestria, what if Grogar gets greedy and wants all of it?" Rumble asked. "What's to stop him from going after The Changeling Hive? Or The Crystal Empire? Or Canterlot? Places you all want?"

"Hm...he does have a point," Tirek said. "Did anyone think this far ahead?"

"Why are you indulging this foal!?" Grogar shouted, making his way over with Fake Twilight. "Can't you see he's just trying to get into your head? Destroy him! Same with those two fillies!"

"Even Cozy Glow?" Tirek asked. "I mean, not that I care or anything but, she is our ally."

"She attempted to betray us! Can you really trust such a devious pony?" Grogar asked.

"Also, kind of have mixed feelings about hurting Flurry Heart," Aria said. "I mean we can capture her, but destruction seems like a bit much."

"Yeah, Sonata would never forgive us if we hurt her," Adagio said.

"Let's just throw the foals in a dudgeon, seems a little less harsh," Tirek said.

Grogar groaned in annoyance, "How soft you've all grown, you let them live and they'll just come back stronger! Nip this in the bud! Or do you want to end up like that Sonata mare you're so worried about?"

Adagio furrowed her brow, glaring at Grogar, "What are you getting at?"

"She grew soft, she allowed Princess Flurry Heart into our domain to foil what we've worked so hard for," Grogar said. "So I had to make an example out of her."

"Grogar...what did you do to Sonata?" Adagio asked, turning her attention to the goat.

"What I will do to you if you don't OBEY ME!" Grogar warned, his eyes turning red, ready to strike. "Destory those foals!"

Sombra groaned in annoyance, "Just do it already, if what Grogar said is true then you're friend's probably dead, not worth fighting over."

"Watch your mouth you second-rate King!" Aria warned, getting Sombra's ire.

"What did you say to me?" Sombra turned to Aria, looking ready for a fight.

"Second...rate...KING!" Aria emphasized, getting a blast from Sombra right at the end.

"Know your place, next one won't-" Sombra taunt was interrupted when Adagio rammed into him.

"Hurt my friend will you!" Adagio went to attack again but Grogar grabbed her with his magic and zapped her, her body going through intense pain as the electricity soared through her.

"No! Grogar stop! Put her down!" Rumble shouted, the quickly placed Cozy down and went in flying in to attack the beast, but was grabbed by Storm King's staff.

"Gotcha!" Storm King taunted, then flung Rumble into the crowd of Changelings and his soldiers, each one rushing to bound and tie Rumble up.

"Take this one too," Grogar said, tossing the unconscious Adagio to the Storm King.

"Hey! Let them go!" Flurry said, going to help but got grabbed by Sombra's magic.

"Slippery little foal," Sombra said. "Just as annoying as your mother, father and aunt."

"You big jerk! You'll never get my mom and dad's empire back! They're happier without you!" Flurry Heart shouted.

"Well then, I'll just have to change that, and since you've been very annoying lately," Sombra charged his magic. "I'll have to destroy you as well."

However Aria had gotten back on her hooves and rammed into Sombra, "I won't let you!"

"You fool!" Sombra shouted, knocking Aria away. "I shall destroy you as well!"

Flurry blasted Sombra in the face, getting the King's attention. "I'm not done with you!"

"Well I'm done with you!" Sombra zapped at Flurry, but she quickly moved out the way and zapped at him again. During this she zapped him some more until he got one good blast in and knocked her back. "About time."

Rumble struggled to break free, wanting to help Flurry and Adagio, but he was stuck in some goo. Suddenly two shadows were cast over him, those of The Storm King and Chrysalis.

"So, what should we do Chrissie?" Storm King asked.

"Do not call me that," Chrysalis warned, the turned her attention to Rumble. "I'm very disappointed in you Rumble, you could have had a much better life with us."

"No Chrysalis, you're the one who could have a better life," Rumble said. "Why can't you just accept Friendship? Are you really happy like this? Struggling to survive, serving under a wicked ruler? Don't you miss the rest of your Changelings? Did you ever stop to think about the fact that you may have left them betrayed, that you failed as their Queen the moment you didn't give Starlight's Friendship a chance? You could be better than this."

Storm King gagged at Rumble's speech, "Wow, the love, and friendship, and ponies, such a drag." Storm King aimed his staff at Rumble, "Well, time to die, first you, then the traitorous Siren."

Chrysalis looked a bit concerned for a moment, briefly worried for Rumble's safety. However, before she could speak up, Cozy Glow called out to the Storm King, "You get away from my Rumble!"

Storm King turned to the angry little filly, "Aw, how adorable, you think you can stop me. Alicorn or not, I'm still pretty strong." Storm King aimed his staff, "I could save Grogar a lot of trouble right now."

"Go ahead and try!" Cozy Glow warned, charging up her horn. "After I destroy you, I'll destroy Grogar too! I won't let anyone hurt Rumble!"

"Cozy Glow, this is too risky," Chrysalis said. "You are in no condition to battle."

"I'll be fine, I'll keep me and my baby safe," Cozy Glow said, getting into a fight position. "If I don't stop them, we're all doomed anyway, might as well try to fight."

"Aw, how nice, fighting for your wittle baby," Storm King said. "It'd be a shame if you got hurt too badly though, so I'll offer you one last chance to stand aside, evil or not, beating up a kid is weird to me."

"I'm no kid," Cozy Glow said, extending her wings as she charged her horn. "I'm a Princess."

"Well, a Princess can still be a kid, you know, like Flurry Heart," Storm King said, then shook it off. "Well it sounds like you made your choice though, if that's how you want it, then bring it on."

Cozy Glow was ready to attack, ready to protect the colt she loved, but before she could make her move, Chrysalis stepped between the two. "Cozy Glow, don't be foolish, you know you won't be able to win."

"But if I don't do anything, he'll hurt Rumble!" Cozy Glow said. "I mean he'll hurt Adagio too, which I kind of don't want, but I especially want to protect the father of my baby!"

"That may be true, but fighting The Storm King is a foolish idea," Chysalis said.

"You tell her Chrissie," Storm King said, unaware of Chrysalis's glare. "Maybe you and I can knock some sense into-"

Suddenly Chrysalis blasted Storm King, surprising Cozy Glow, her Changelings and the Storm King's soldiers. Even Rumble was taken back by what she did.

"What is she doing!?" Tirek frantically asked, having seen this from where he was.

Storm King stood up, glaring angrily at Chrysalis, and somewhat in disbelief, "Are you joking? Tell me you're joking! Tell me that you felt like messing around, even though now is NOT the time to be messing around you thought 'Gee, wouldn't it be funny if I blasted Storm King out of nowhere?' Please tell me that's what you were just thinking!"

Chrysalis had no immediate answer, other than to blast Storm King again, "You talk way too much."

"Chrysalis, what are you doing?" Cozy Glow asked.

"I have no idea honestly, I'm just going with my instincts," Chrysalis said.

Storm King stood up again, huffing and puffing, readying his staff, "Alright that's it, I'm ticked off now!" He sent a beam at Chrysalis but she deflected it and zapped Storm King again. She flew in and sent another beam that knocked him away.

"Foolish," Chrysalis said, then found herself surrounded by Storm King's soldiers. "Do you wish to suffer as well?"

"My queen!" A changeling said, flying over with his group. "We'll fend them off, you get your allies to safety!"

"I prefer to call them, my friends" Chrysalis said, flying over to Cozy Glow, Rumble and Adagio, freeing the latter two from the goo.

"Thank you so much Chrysalis," Rumble said. "Wow, I can't believe you actually helped us."

"And you called us your friends too," Cozy Glow said. "I knew you liked us."

"Don't get all cuddly with me, I just prefer you over The Storm King," Chrysalis said. "Now to get you to safety."

"There will be no safety for you," Grogar said, making his way over, the queen protecting the two teen foals. "I warned you that I do not take kindly to betrayal, now you'll suffer just like the Sirens."

"Rumble, take Cozy and Adagio to safety while I show this old fool the power of a Queen," Chrysalis said, charging her magic.

"Right, be careful Chrysalis," Rumble said, going over to help Adagio. "Hey, can you get up?"

"H-huh?" Adagio looked around. "Wait, where's Grogar?"

"No time for that, get moving!" Cozy Glow said, moving Adagio along as Rumble led them both away from the impending fight.

Grogar zapped at Chrysalis with his lightning, an attack she avoided by teleporting and zapping the beastly goat. He tried attacking some more but she continued to teleport until he got her with a zap that knocked her across the ground.

"My queen!" A Changeling shouted, about to take a few to go help her.

"Don't come!" Chrysalis ordered as she stood up, glaring at Grogar. "Nice shot, but I'm just getting started."

Chrysalis rushed in to attack, Grogar ready to attack himself, but just before his attack could land, Chrysalis dodged out the way and reappearing was Twilight blasting Grogar.

"Twilight Sparkle!?" Grogar asked in confusion.

"Not quite." What looked like Twilight rushed in to attack but halfway through she changed into Rainbow Dash and kicked Grogar with a mighty kick. From there she turned into Big Macintosh and rammed hard against Grogar.

The demonic creature looked very impressed with what he was seeing, "I see, using your shapeshifting abilities to your advantage."

Chrysalis briefly turned back to normal, smiling in satisfaction, "This is why I am the Queen. Even you and all your magic are no match for me!"

"We'll see about that!" Grogar tried zapping her again but she teleported again, appearing from above as Lightning Dust and flying in with a kick, then transformed into Pinkie Pie with a punch, turned into Gilda and clawed at Grogar and then appeared beside him as Trixie with a zap.

Grogar grew frustrated, attempting to attack again, this time Chrysalis turned into Spike and blasted Grogar with fire, then turned into Yona and tackled Grogar back and finished by turning into Starswirl and sending an extremely powerful blast to knock Grogar away.

"Whoa, Chrysalis is awesome!" Rumble said, amazed by the queen's abilities.

Grogar shook off some of the attacks as Chrysalis inched closer to him, ready to strike again. However just before firing, Grogar had grabbed her with his magic and started electrocuting her. "You may have a lot of forms you use but you still don't have enough strength to defeat me!"

Chrysalis struggled to break free, but Grogar's magic was too strong. A few Changelings flew in to help, to which Grogar freed Chrysalis briefly to target the Changelings, completely obliterating a few.

"N-no! My Changelings!" Chrysalis shouted in despair, having seen many of her grubs vaporized. She angrily turned to Grogar, "You damned beast, when I'm done with you-"

Grogar blasted the queen away, "Don't mourn for them, you're next after all."

"No! Chrysalis!" Cozy Glow flew in to help but Grogar blasted the filly away, back to where Rumble and Adagio were.

"That bastard!" Adagio rushed in to attack but she took a blast of her own, getting knocked toward Rumble. Even Aria and Flurry got knocked to where Rumble was, courtesy of Sombra. Soon he and Grogar approached the two, being joined by The Storm King, but Rumble blocked their path, not allowing the villains to pass.

"Foolish colt, if you wish to stay alive, then I suggest you clear out of the way," Sombra warned.

"No way, I won't let you hurt any of them!" Rumble shouted, staring down the villains.

"You really think you can stop us kid?" Storm King asked. "I mean really, you're a regular colt. Chrysalis can steal love, the Sirens can steal negative energy, Cozy Glow has wings and a horn, they're way stronger than you yet we still trounced on them, what makes you think you can stop us?"

"I have Friendship, the most powerful magic in existence!" Rumble declared.

Storm King rolled his eyes, "Wow, that was so cheesy I can dip nachos in it." He then aimed his staff, "I'm gonna give you til the count of 5 to move out of our way."

"Why count it down, just kill him now!" Sombra ordered.

"Hey don't shout orders at me, I'm a King!" Storm King reminded.

"So am I!" Sombra pointed out.

"Well then, that makes us equals in power, so obviously we're gonna need someone lower ranked than us," Storm King said, then pointed to Tirek. "Like that guy."

"Uh, excuse me, I don't take orders from anyone," Tirek said. "I am Royalty too."

"Yeah, a Lord, not a king," Storm King said. "Honestly does that even apply? I heard your daddy kicked you out his Kingdom and let your brother take over, maybe we should bring him along since he's also a King, so he likely did more things right than you did."

"I beg your pardon!" Tirek shouted, angrily stomping to The Storm King. "Just what are you king of anyway?"

"Uh, them..." Storm King said, pointing to his soldiers. "See, I clearly have subjects, where are yours?"

"I don't need subjects, I got these," Tirek said, flexing his muscles. "This is all I need to conquer Equestria."

"Yeah, with magic you steal from others," Storm King reminded.

"Tell me again how you power that staff of yours?" Tirek stated, very snarky like.

Storm King was not amused, "Alright I'm done asking, now I'm telling you to make yourself useful, and destroy these lame brains!"

"For once I agree with this so-called Storm King," Sombra said. "Get to it Tirek, end them."

Tirek looked pretty annoyed, seeing these two fallen kings ordering him around, he may not be a King himself, but at least his family still has power. "So, you two want the power of a King do you?"

"Not what we said at all," Storm King pointed out.

"Well you'll get it anyway, I may not be my father," Tirek charged up some magic. "But I am still All-Powerful!"

With a mighty blast, Tirek knocked away both Storm King and Sombra. He then turned to Grogar but in an instance, he got knocked back, though not by much.

"You really are fools," Grogar said. "I thought you'd be smarter than Chrysalis, those Sirens and that little brat, but clearly you too wish to repeat your mistake!"

"The only mistake I repeated was working for someone like you!" Tirek said. "Besides I'm no fool, it's like that colt pointed out, what was to stop you from betraying us? I'm just making my move before you make yours!"

Grogar grew infuriated and flew in to attack Tirek, both of them clashing against one another. As Sombra and Storm King tried to stand, Chrysalis had blasted them both, keeping them down.

"Great job Chrysalis," Rumble said. "You're so awesome at fighting!"

"Did you expect any less from one who has nearly conquered Equestria on multiple occasions?" Chrysalis asked.

"Not bad Queen," Adagio said. "But right now isn't the time to let our guard down, we gotta keep fighting. Tirek's gonna need help, I don't think he can take Grogar alone."

"Plus, it looks like our two Kings are getting ready to continue their fight," Aria said, gesturing to Sombra and Storm King.

"I bet I can take them on!" Flurry said charging her horn magic.

"No way kid, it's dangerous," Aria said.

"She's right, and honestly I don't think this group's enough to defeat Grogar, Sombra or Storm King," Rumble said.

"There's also that other Twilight," Cozy Glow pointed out.

"Other Twilight?" Flurry asked.

"I created her," Chrysalis explained. "I used a piece of wood mixed with some DNA I found from Twilight, a strand of her mane to be precise, it was after an encounter with some of my Changelings. She isn't as powerful as Twilight, not yet at least, but she might prove to be bothersome."

"Which means we'll need the real Twilight," Rumble said. "We gotta free her and The Crusaders from their cell and convince Tirek to give Twilight her magic back."

"Think she'll help us?" Aria asked.

"Why wouldn't she?" Rumble said. "She's out to defeat Grogar too."

"Then she might turn on us," Adagio said. "I don't know if we can trust her."

"Twilight wouldn't be that sneaky, I'll vouch for you all if anything," Rumble said.

"Me too, we're all in this together now," Flurry said.

"I'm with Rumble," Chrysalis said. "We'll need Twilight's help if we want to defeat Grogar."

"Then after we win, we can all be friends and put all our differences behind us," Rumble said, hoping this could finally be the break through he needed.

"Don't get your hopes up, while we won't do anything to betray Twilight, I am not eager to befriend her," Chrysalis said.

"Same," Adagio said. "Things won't go smoothly that easily for us."

"Well I guess we can worry about that later," Rumble said. "Let' just hurry and get Twilight free."

"Hey Flurry, are there other ponies coming?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Yeah, my mom found out where your base was last night and she's been rounding up some allies to storm it," Flurry said. "I found out so I came first figuring I can stop all the baddies and rescue Rumble, proving myself as a Princess."

"Uh, how did you even know I was here when I just got here myself?" Rumble asked.

"I saw you with Chrysalis earlier on, I maintained my distance so I wouldn't be spotted, though I nearly got lost doing so because I almost got capture by some Changelings and solider guys, I beat them up though and tracked you down agai," Flurry explained.

"You're one foolish child, you're lucky you didn't get yourself killed," Chrysalis berated.

Suddenly Tirek got thrown near the group, startling them as the world shook from the centaur hitting the ground hard. Grogar made his way over, ready to finish things when Chrysalis and the two Sirens blocked his path.

"You face me again? Even though you'll lose!" Grogar shouted.

"Don't celebrate your win too soon," Chrysalis said, readying her magic.

"We're taking you down," Aria said, getting ready for a fight.

"Cozy Glow," Flurry said, getting the filly's attention. "Rumble and I are gonna find Auntie Twilight, you go check on Tirek and see if you can convince him to give back her magic."

"I'll do my best," Cozy said, flying over to Tirek.

"Let's go Rumble," Flurry said, teleporting him into the building, something Grogar took note off.

"Where did she go!?" Grogar asked, trying to scan for her magic. However Chrysalis blasted him in the face to keep his focus back on her.

"Don't you ignore me Grogar," Chrysalis warned. "We're not done with you."

"I don't know what you're up to but it doesn't matter!" Grogar angrily stated. "I will destroy you!"

As the villains and former villains clashed, Flurry had arrived inside with Rumble. The colt took the lead to bring Flurry to Twilight, "Come on, this way."

The two ran to where the Dungeons were, hoping to find Twilight and The Crusaders. When they got there however, they noticed that they weren't the only ones there. The Fake Twilight was at the cells, having thrown an unconscious Sonata with Twilight and the three fillies.

"Hope you like your new cellmate," Fake Twilight said. "I'm honestly surprised she's still alive, but it's only temporary until Grogar's ready to fully enact his plan."

"Who is she!?" Flurry asked, loud enough to get the Fake Twilight's attention as well as Twilight and the Crusaders.

"Wait, was that Flurry Heart?" Twilight asked, making her way to the front of the cell.

"Hi Auntie!" Flurry greeted, Twilight just gawking in surprise at seeing her little niece in a villain's lair.

"What have we here? Unwanted guests?" Fake Twilight said, glaring at the two. "You must have caused the ruckus outside. What a shame Rumble, to think you could have had such a great opportunity with us, this is one blunder you'll soon regret, even if only temporarily, after all I can't let you live."

"Hey! Don't you dare hurt my little niece!" Twilight shouted.

"Or my Rumbly!" Sweetie Belle warned.

"Aw, she called me 'Rumbly', kind of missed that," Rumble said.

"Rumble, focus!" Flurry scolded.

"R-right, you go help Twilight, the real one, I'll take on this fake!" Rumble said, staring down the evil Twilight.

"Do you really think you have a chance against me?" Fake Twilight said, staring Rumble down. "I may not be the 'real' Twilight, at least not yet, but that doesn't mean I don't have her magic."

"I doubt a fake like you can possess Twilight's magical abilities," Rumble said.

Fake Twilight grinned mischievously, "Let's find out then." She quickly powered up and fired a beam at Rumble. Luckily Flurry put up a shield in time, Rumble then charged in to attack Fake Twilight with a couple of punches.

She wasn't amused and had grabbed Rumble with her magic and tossed him against a wall. She turned back to Flurry Heart, ready to attack her but the young filly blasted her back, right near Rumble.

The colt stood up and slammed Fake Twilight against the wall he just hit, Flurry charging up more magic and this time hitting her hard enough to knock her through the wall.

"Nice work Flurry, kind of surprised you were willing to attack someone who looked like your aunt," Rumble said.

"Considering how many Changelings I saw this past week pretending to be my friends and family, I already learned how to put that past me, so I know I'm not really hurting my aunt, just a silly imposter," Flurry said.

The Fake Twilight made her way back into the hole, looking furious at the two, "I am going to torture you!"

Flurry blasted her again, looking ready to continue but Rumble stopped her, "You already have your task Flurry, free Twilight and get her magic back, maybe I can't beat that other Twilight but I can at least stall!"

Rumble flew outside to continue engaging with Fake Twilight while Flurry blasted open the cell door, "You're free!"

"I'm so happy to see you sweetie," Twilight said, rubbing her niece's mane. "Little annoyed that you came here though, who else is here?"

"Just me, for now," Flurry said.

"Where are the other villains?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Outside fighting each other," Flurry explained.

"Wait, they turned on each other already?" Scootaloo asked.

"Sort of, more like Chrysalis, the Sirens, Cozy Glow and Tirek betrayed Grogar, only King Sombra and the Storm King are still on his side," Flurry said.

"Could this have been Rumble's plan?" Sweetie Belle wondered.

"I think so, he did try talking to them about Friendship, so I think he hopes they can be our friends after the fight is over," Flurry said.

"That might be a task," Twilight admitted. "Well if Tirek is on our side for the moment, I should try to get my magic back from him. But there's also the matter of Sonata."

Flurry turned her attention to the injured siren, she quickly rushed to her side, "Sonata? Are you awake?"

Sonata slowly began to open her eyes as she looked to the little Princess, "Oh, hi Flurry, you look like you're not hurt, at least I hope you're not hurt."

"I took a few hits from King Sombra, but I'm stronger than I look so it's all good," Flurry said.

"Sombra did what?" Twilight said, her eye twitching slightly.

"Aria helped me out, so did Tirek," Flurry said. "Never mind me, I'm more worried about Sonata."

"I'll be fine, I think," Sonata said, trying to stand. "Grogar roughed me up pretty badly, I'm surprised he didn't kill me, maybe I just got lucky."

"Try not to move too much, you might make your injuries worse," Twilight said. "Flurry, maybe you should stay with Sonata, I'm going to face Tirek."

Rumble then went flying through the hall, surprising the girls as Fake Twilight came back. "None of you are going anywhere!"

Sweetie Belle stood in front on her friends, "That's as far as you go!"

"Oh now you want to challenge my power?" Twilight asked.

"I'm pretty damn strong thanks to the training I got from the REAL Twilight, I can take on a fake," Sweetie Belle boasted.

"I'll help!" Scootaloo said, standing beside Sweetie Belle.

"Me too! The Cutie Mark Crusaders stick together!" Apple Bloom said.

"Oh good, I can crush all three of you at once!" Fake Twilight said.

"Girls, I don't know if this is a good idea," Twilight said.

"Don't worry about us, go get your magic back, quick" Sweetie Belle said. "We can handle this, we have Friendship!"

Twilight seemed hesitant and was about to remark when Rumble made his way back over, "Go Twilight, I'll help the girls, you need your magic back, that's the best way you can save everypony."

Twilight reluctantly nodded, agreeing with this plan, "Be careful, all of you!"

As Twilight ran off, Rumble and The Crusaders faced Fake Twilight, the evil mare charging up more magic, "Let's see you survive this!"

As Fake Twilight readied another attack, Rumble and Scootaloo rushed at her and knocked her back through the hole in the side of the building, both getting in a few punches before getting blasted back.

Sweetie Belle rushed over and tried blasting Fake Twilight, but the evil mare had teleported and blasted Sweetie Belle from the side. Apple Bloom rushed in and punched the fake hard, then took a punch of her own.

Rumble rushed in with a kick, knocking the fake loopy, giving a chance for Scootaloo to hit an uppercut, Apple Bloom took the opening for a head butt and Sweetie Belle blasted her to a tree.

Fake Twilight stood up, shaking off the attacks, growling in anger, "All of you are making me MAD!" She blasted the four with precise strikes, knocking them across the marsh. "One by one, you're all going to die, maybe I'll save that little Unicorn for last, see how she handles seeing her friends and coltfriend perish before her eyes!"

Sweetie Belle stood up, glaring at the fake, "Not if I can help it."

Inside Flurry is tending to Sonata's wounds, she looked really hurt, the little Princess praying that Sonata did not die from her injuries. "I'm sorry Sonata, I bet this is my fault. Grogar must have known you helped me get inside."

"Don't blame yourself, I choose to help you after all," Sonata said., "I do have a soft spot for you Flurry."

"Why do you like me anyway?" Flurry asked.

"Because you're cute, and I like cute things," Sonata explained. "That's probably the best explanation I can give."

"That's all?" Flurry asked. "Isn't there some deeper meaning? Like maybe I reminded you of somepony, or my aura changed something in your heart? I mean you took a huge risk helping me and it sounds like you've always done things if it would make me happy. I mean that's what Rumble told me."

"I don't have anything deeper than that, maybe it's like my friends say, I'm just not that smart," Sonata said. "I saw something cute and it affected my common sense, so I'm sorry but you don't really make me think differently, honestly Flurry, my original plan was to make you my pet, so it's not like my admiration for you itself was noble."

"You wanted me to be your pet?" Flurry asked. "That's a little degrading."

"It would have kept you alive," Sonata said. "Flurry, I know you won't want to hear this, but in spite of my love for you, I am not a nice pony. While I won't do most of the terrible things Adagio does, I'm still not that much better. I'm pretty selfish by nature, I was willing to take you away from your family just because I found you cute. Your family was right to say I was bad, because I guess deep down, that's what I am."

"If you were bad, you wouldn't have helped me, I mean you had no benefit from it," Flurry said.

"Flurry, I suggest you stop trying to make sense of the things I do, because I really don't think much half the time, I just go by my instinct," Sonata said. "I mean maybe me spending time in Ponyville did kind of affect my personality and made me care a little more but in the end, I didn't turn out that differently than they expected. I'm a Siren, thus an enemy to Equestria, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to turn me into stone again after all this."

"No way, I won't let them," Flurry said. "I want you to be my friend, maybe you don't think you're good but I can tell deep down you're a caring pony. Even Rumble can see that, and we'll do anything to make sure you live a happy life."

"If I even survive all this," Sonata said. "Do me a favor, if I do end up biting it, don't cry for me too much, I'm not worth the tears."

Flurry angrily gritted her teeth, "Don't talk like that! You're not biting anything, I'm keeping you safe and you're gonna come live with me in my home!"

"Wow, you're really generous aren't you?" Sonata said. "You're so sweet, and seeing you grow up does sound like a fine idea." Sonata began to stand up, "Well we should get moving. I think I got enough strength to move."

"Wait, where are you going? You can't fight yet!" Flurry said.

"I'm not going to fight, I'm going to free our other prisoner," Sonata said, much to Flurry's confusion.

"What other prisoner?" Flurry asked.

"We captured a young stallion that Twilight was fond of, the pony who likes tap dancing," Sonata said.

"You mean Tender Taps? He's here!?" Flurry asked.

"Yes, now lets hurry and get him free, he's probably wondering what's going on right now," Sonata said, making her way to the private dungeon with Flurry following.

Twilight had made her way outside, taking a scope of the situation. The Chrysalis and Sirens were doing battle against Grogar while Tirek had engaged with both Sombra and Storm King. Cozy Glow was keeping a distance from both fights, maintaining a defensive position should some harm come her direction.

Twilight quickly trotted over to the filly, hoping to not catch the attention of the other villains. Fortunately they were all too preoccupied with their own fights, Twilight just had to avoid any stray magic blasts that came her direction.

"Cozy Glow!" Twilight called, finally reaching the filly.

"Oh, Twilight, you're free," Cozy Glow said.

"Yeah, Rumble freed me, but right now he's fighting that fake me," Twilight said.

"He's what!? She might kill him!" Cozy Glow shouted. "Where are they so I can save him!"

"Back in your base, I want to help but I need my magic," Twilight said.

"Right of course," Cozy Glow called out to Tirek. "Hey! Tirek! Over here!"

"I'm busy!" Tirek shouted, blasting Storm King away.

"Twilight's here! Give her back her magic!" Cozy Glow said.

"Why? I'm using it!" Tirek said, blasting away Sombra.

"Because if you don't, she won't be able to help us!" Cozy shouted.

"But what's the point, if I have her magic, it's like she's already helping!" Tirek said, putting up a shield to block the magic blasts that came his way.

"Oh for heaven's sake, just give her magic back! The more ponies on our side, the faster we'll win!" Cozy shouted.

"But...ugh fine, I don't get your logic but if it'll shut you up then I'll do it!" Tirek said, quickly focusing his attention on Twilight. "Here you go!"

Tirek transferred his magic into the Alicorn Princess, she could feel her full strength returning, as well as her Cutie Mark. After the transfer she felt like new.

"Do you have all your magic?" Cozy asked.

"I think so, I feel it all circulating in me," Twilight said, flexing her wings and checking her horn. "Alright, I'm ready to fight."

"Good, then let's...watch out!" Cozy shouted, quickly putting up a shield to protect herself and Twilight from Sombra's blast.

"Damn filly," Sombra said, about to attack again but Twilight had blasted him once Cozy put the shield down.

"Thanks for the help Cozy Glow," Twilight said.

"Well it's not because I like you or anything, we just need your help," Cozy Glow explained. "I'm still pretty mad that you turned me into stone."

"Uh, I didn't actually transform you, that was Celestia, Luna and Discord," Twilight said.

"Well still, you ruined my plans, so you indirectly got me turned into stone, me and my little foal," Cozy said.

"What little foal?" Twilight asked.

"Tell you later, right now I have a future husband to save!" Cozy Glow flew off to find Rumble.

"Future husband? Little foal? What's going on?" Twilight asked. She didn't have time to think as she had to block an oncoming strike from The Storm King.

"Dang it, almost had you," Storm King said, jumping back. He then brought out one of his orbs. "Though all this talk of turning to stone does give me an idea."

"Do you really want to use the very item that resulted in your death?" Twilight asked.

"I won't make the same mistake twice!" Storm King shouted, throwing the orb at Twilight, which she quickly blocked with her magic.

"That all you got?" Twilight said.

"I still have more!" Storm King said, bringing out another, ready to continue.

In the building, Sonata and Flurry had arrived at Tender Taps's cell, Sonata wasting no time in freeing him.

"Sonata, what's going on?" Tender Taps asked, before noticing her guest. "Princess Flurry?"

"The one and only, we're breaking you out Tappy," Flurry said.

"What's going on, I hear a lot of commotion outside," Tender Taps said.

"A lot of the villains turned against Grogar and they're fighting him right now," Sonata said. "Twilight's joining them."

"Wait so Twilight is against them now? I thought she was siding with them?" Tender Taps said.

"Who told you..." Sonata thought a moment. "Oh right, that fake Twilight probably told you this."

"Wait, fake?" Tender Taps said. "So she wasn't really Twilight?"

"Would my Auntie really side with bad guys?" Flurry asked. "You're so silly Tappy."

"I...I guess that makes sense, she did seem a little off, and she smelled like the forest," Tender Taps said. "Wait so the real Twilight is here? And you too Flurry? Who else came to help?"

"Right now it's just them, Rumble and The Cutie Mark Crusaders," Sonata said. "But it's not gonna be enough to stop Grogar, even if Adagio, Aria, Chrysalis, Cozy and Tirek turned against him."

"I'd like to ask how that happened but I'm just gonna take that as a win," Tender Taps said. "Wait what about Sombra and Storm King?"

"They're still on Grogar's side, Rumble only convinced anyone that was friends with Cozy Glow," Flurry said.

"So Rumble got his wish, good for him," Tender Taps said. "What should I do then?"

"Stay out of sight if you can, I'm gonna go help Twilight," Sonata said.

"Wait, you're still hurt though!" Flurry said.

"I'll take my chances, watch over Tender Taps," Sonata said, running off to meet with her friends.

Tender Taps turned his attention back to Flurry, "Where is Rumble? Is he fighting too?"

"He and the Crusaders are fighting the evil version of Auntie Twilight," Flurry said. "I'm gonna go help him so I suggest-"

"Wait, I can help fight too," Tender Taps said.

"Uh, no you can't, you're kind of weak," Flurry said.

"No I'm not!" Tender Taps said. "I can too fight!"

"Uh, no, you're staying a few feet behind me," Flurry ordered. "I'm going to help Rumble, do NOT do anything stupid!"

Flurry flew off to find the Fake Twilight, leaving Tender Taps alone for the moment, somewhat pouty. "I can too help, bossy Princess."

Outside, Fake Twilight had continued her fight, blasting and zapping Rumble and The Crusaders at every chance. Any time one of them got too close she would attack brutally, leaving them with cuts, burn marks and bruises.

"You foals should have known better than to oppose me," Fake Twilight said, zapping Scootaloo. "I am made from powerful magic, a magic borne from the Alicorn Princess, Twilight Sparkle." She then zapped Apple Bloom. "A magic I intend to grow, a Princess I intend to replace, the one, true Twilight Sparkle." She aimed her horn at Sweetie Belle. "A Twilight Sparkle who has no need for weaklings like you."

Fake Twilight fired a magic blast at Sweetie Belle, fortunately for the filly Rumble flew in just in time to shield her from the attack.

"Rumble!" Sweetie Belle shouted in worry at seeing the colt take such a blow.

"What a fool," Fake Twilight said, readying another blast. "Prepare to die!"

"Rumble!" Flurry Heart shouted, flying in to attack. "I'll save you!"

Fake Twilight had blasted her out of the air however. She was about to attack again but immediately had to dodge another attack.

"How dare you try to hurt my future husband you fake!" Cozy Glow shouted, having arrived. "The one dying now is you!"

Twilight blocked an attack and blasted Cozy Glow in the face, knocking her away. "Anypony else want to try their luck?"

"I do!" a voice said. Everypony turned to it's direction and to their surprise, it was Dinky Do, the foalhood friend of Rumble.

"Dinky, yer alive!" Apple Bloom said, very happy to see her old friend.

"Sure am, looks like I arrived just in time," Dinky said, making her way over to the fake. "So, you look like Twilight, but it sounds like you aren't Twilight."

"Soon I will be," Fake Twilight said. "Once I dispose of the 'real' Twilight Sparkle. Looks like I now have one more brat I need to dispose of as well."

"Fat chance, I learned all about fighting and magic use from Starlight and the real Twilight, I think I can handle a phony," Dinky said, getting into a fight stance.

"Dinky?" Rumble said, getting the mare's attention.

"Hey Rumble, you alright there?" Dinky asked, concerned for her friend.

"I'll be fine," Rumble insisted, trying to stand. "Where'd you come from though? Did you come alone?"

Dinky shook her head, "Not really, let's just say that Grogar's about to have a really bad surprise."

True to Dinky's word, Grogar, Storm King and Sombra all gawked at a sight that had befallen onto them. Arriving from the distance was a convoy of ponies and other creatures, all of them ready to do battle.

The rest of The Elements, Spike, The Student Six, The Wonderbolts, Thorax and the Metamorphized Changelings, Ember and the Dragons, Prince Rutheford and the Yaks, Autumn Blaze and The Kirins, Terramar some Hippogriffs, Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, Tempest Shadow, Flitter, The Barrel Twins, Lightning Dust and The Washouts, Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, The Pillars, Shining Armor and Princess Cadance.

"So, they've come," Grogar said, focusing his attention fully on them.

Twilight looked happy and relieved to see her friends in the dozens, "Oh good, they're finally here."

Chrysalis appeared beside Twilight, "Just in time too, with their help maybe we can defeat Grogar. Only if they act fast though."

"Why what would happen if they didn't?" Twilight asked.

"Grogar has planned for something like this, I want to say our turning against him would have altered his plans but I have a feeling he'll still have a back-up strategy or two," Chrysalis said.

"What was his plan anyway?" Twilight asked.

"To consume and abosrb power from various magical artifacts," Chrysalis explained. "He's had us going around and collecting as many as he could so he can gain power from them."

"That's terrible," Twilight said.

"Yes, which is why we absolutely must exercise extreme caution, Grogar is very crafty, plus he still has Sombra and The Storm King on his side," Chrysalis reminded.

"We can take those two," Twilight insisted.

"Oh can you?" Sombra said, teleporting over, attempting to blast Twilight. Fortunately Chrysalis had put up a shield for her.

"Wow, thanks Chrysalis," Twilight said, slightly surprised.

"Don't think much of it, I just rather you not perish before we destroy Grogar," Chrysalis said.

Sombra rushed in to attack again but both Twilight and Chrysalis blocked the evil king with their magic and knocked him back, running in to attack some more.

Rainbow Dash flew to the front of the group, facing off against an army of The Storm King's Soldiers. "Let's go everypony! For the future of Equestria...attack!"

All the ponies rushed in to attack the soldiers, Spitfire leading The Wonderbolts in arial strikes, attacking from above and even utilizing clouds overhead. The Unicorns, led by Starlight, stood in formation and blasted several oncoming soldiers. The Yaks rushed in and trampled all those who stood in their way. The Dragons stood in line and used their fire to roast a good chunk of them, and occasionally getting rough with anyone who tried getting in too close.

As this went on, Fake Twilight was still engaged in her battle against the young ponies that opposed her. She used her magic to combat against the teamwork of Sweetie Belle and Dinky, both mares taking turns providing each other defense while they worked on their offense, getting a few blasts in.

"Wow you girls fight pretty well," Fake Twilight commended. "I take it you received training from Twilight?"

"And Starlight," Sweetie Belle added. "Plus I got a few tips from my big sister Rarity."

"Same here, with my big sister Amethyst," Dinky said.

"Well those techniques at the very least are delaying your destruction, but it won't last you forever!" Fake Twilight said, blasting the two back. She charged up but instead of blasting them again, she blasted an oncoming Scootaloo.

Rumble tried to attack again but Fake Twilight got physical with a backhoof. She then levitated him and tossed him against a tree.

Cozy Glow rushed in to attack again, getting Fake Twilight in the face with a blast, but it just infuriated her more as the Fake Pony zapped Cozy in the face and punched her away.

"You're really starting to get on my nerves!" Fake Twilight blasted her again, knocking her to the floor. Flurry rushed in to help but Twilight whacked her away with a hard right fore hoof and blasted back the oncoming Crusaders, Sweetie Belle having put up her shield in the last second but still got knocked back into a rock.

Cozy Glow tried standing, but Fake Twilight stomped on her head, pressing her down, "Ugh, you second rate phony! You don't know who you're messing with!"

"I know full well, a spoiled little filly who's spent her life hopelessly trying to achieve greatness to compensate for the fact that she grew up with no friends or family because she destined to be nothing but a failure," Fake Twilight taunted. "At the very least you could have been on our side, basking in our glory, but you wanted more, just so that when your child is born, they won't have to see their mother as a pitiful failure. But now it's all gone, and not only did you erase your own future, you prevented your foal from having one." Fake Twilight charged her horn. "Good riddance to you Cozy Glow!"

Just before she could attack, Sweetie Belle had used her magic, desperately trying to pull Fake Twilight away. "I won't let you hurt her!"

"Sweetie Belle?" Cozy Glow said in surprise. She quickly backed away from the evil clone, allowing the young Unicorn to do what she had to do. However since Sweetie Belle cast the spell too fast and desperately, the fake Twilight had broken free and was ready to attack Sweetie Belle for her attempted interference.

Tender Taps had finally arrived and rushed in to ram Fake Twilight off of Cozy Glow. "That's enough you fake!"

Fake Twilight shook it off, looking very surprised to see the colt before her, "Oh, it's you Tappy. What brings you here?"

"You're not fooling me you fake!" Tender Taps shouted, then clenched his hoof and punched Fake Twilight across the jaw, surprising everypony in the area.

"Holy crap dude!" Dinky shouted in disbelief.

Fake Twilight shook it off, "How?"

She didn't have time to think as Scootaloo rushed in with a punch of her own, giving Rumble the opening to fly in with a kick to her head, to which Apple Bloom rushed over and delivered a mighty buck kick to Fake Twilight's side, knocking her off her hooves.

Sweetie Belle and Dinky rushed next to each other and quickly charged up their horns and blasted Twilight toward a tree, keeping it going as they applied more pressure to the attack.

"No! I...can't lose!" Fake Twilight tried using her magic to fight the attack off, but Flurry Heart wouldn't allow that. The young Princess flew overhead, charging her attack and sending a mighty beam right at the Fake Twilight, completely overwhelming her in the blast.

When it was all said and done, the only thing left of the Fake Twilight was a log in place of where she used to be. She was finished and no longer a threat to the ponies.

"Wow, we got her!" Rumble said. "We actually defeated a villain!"

"Yeah yer right!" Apple Bloom said, somewhat in shock herself. "How about that, we did our part in saving Equestria, and ah don't mean just a mere distraction, we took down one of the enemies!"

"I can't believe I punched a pony who looked like Twilight," Tender Taps said.

"I can't believe you punched anypony at all," Dinky said. "You're tougher than you look Taps."

"Uh, thanks," Tender Taps said. "At least Cozy Glow is safe."

"Yeah thanks for your help," Cozy Glow said, then turned to Sweetie Belle, walking over to nuzzle her. "Thank you as well, you saved my life."

"Oh, it's nothing really," Sweetie Belle said, little shy from the affection, not that she minded though.

Cozy Glow turned away, facing the direction where Grogar was, "It's still not over though, we have one big fight left. Or rather I do, the rest of you should go someplace safe, you're skilled but you can't beat Grogar."

"Hey, what about me?" Flurry said. "I'm an Alicorn Princess. I can help too."

"That doesn't mean you can win," Cozy said. "Look it's dangerous, if you really want to help then keep everypony safe. Make sure Rumble and the others are fine."

"Alright, but only if you come with us," Flurry said.

"Sorry, but I have to help Tirek, Chrysalis and The Dazzlings, we're a team, and we stay together," Cozy Glow said.

"Cozy Glow, you know I can't in good consciousness let you do this," Rumble said. "Keep your condition in mind."

"What condition?" Dinky asked.

"That's what I'd live to know," Tender Taps said. "That fake Twilight mentioned something about a foal, your foal Cozy Glow."

Cozy placed her hoof over her stomach, feeling a bit weird having to admit this, especially in front of Sweetie Belle, knowing her to be Rumble's previous girlfriend. "Truth is, I'm pregnant."

That announcement was so shocking and surprising that nopony had an immediate reaction, aside from Rumble who already knew, but was worried about how they would take it, especially once they find out that he's the baby's father.

"Uh, so how did this happen?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Well, when two ponies really love each other..." Cozy Glow began.

"Ah know that part!" Apple Bloom shouted, sporting a huge blush on her face. "What ah meant was who's the daddy of yer baby?"

"Uh..." Cozy Glow wanted to tell them, but at the same time she was worried how they would react to Rumble. Not to mention these ponies just saved her life, she didn't have it in her to potentially say something heartbreaking or terrible. Plus she loved Rumble too much to potentially cause a rift in his friendship, this might have been easier if he just betrayed them, at least she knew he wouldn't care if she said anything.

She didn't have to, Rumble noticed her hesitation, and for the first time in a while, saw worry in her eyes, in fact he hardly saw that worry, in the past Cozy Glow might have bragged about this, but now she's taking him into consideration, that's what Rumble believes at least.

"It's me, I'm the baby's dad," Rumble confessed, everyone turning to him in surprise.

"You!? And Cozy Glow!?" Apple Bloom asked. "Where and when!?"

"This was before she got turned to stone," Rumble said. "So about five years ago."

"Wait, she's been pregnant for five years!?" Scootaloo asked.

"Uh, pretty much," Cozy Glow said. "I didn't know until after I was free from being turned to stone."

"Wait, how can you be pregnant if you're not married?" Flurry Heart asked.

"You don't need to be married to get pregnant," Cozy Glow said. "You just need to have s-"

"Cozy Glow!" Everypony shouted, getting an awkward blush from the filly.

"Sorry, kind of forgot her age a moment," Cozy Glow sheepishly said.

"Wait, age? What does that have to do with anything?" Flurry asked. "Is there something you're all not telling me!?"

"Kid, if you're that curious, ask your parents," Scootaloo said, then turned back to Cozy Glow. "As for you, if you know you're pregnant, why are you still fighting?"

"I know I shouldn't be, I even tried staying out of it but...well I guess I got dragged into it since Grogar caught me trying to steal the Alicorn Amulet," Cozy Glow explained. "Now I have to fight or I could die."

"You need to stay to the sidelines," Scootaloo said. "Come with us and let Twilight and the others save Equestria."

"Yeah, if you are carrying a baby, I don't think you should be out there," Flurry said.

Cozy Glow knew they had a point, she really shouldn't be endangering herself or her child. Reluctantly she nodded, giving in for the moment, "Fine, I'll go with you."

"Alright good, I want to keep you safe after all," Rumble said. "You and my child."

Cozy Glow blushed at Rumble's words, she couldn't wait for this to be over. However she still had one obstacle, one she didn't know of yet. When the group started making their way someplace safe, Sweetie Belle had taken the time to talk to Rumble.

"So, you and Cozy Glow are expecting a baby," one could hear the disappointment in her voice. "That's...interesting."

"Yeah, we are..." Rumble felt so awkward right now. His hopes of getting back with Sweetie Belle are done. "I'm so sorry Sweetie Belle."

"It's fine...I mean if it was five years ago, then it was when we were both still broken up," Sweetie Belle said. "I'm just surprised you and Cozy Glow were...active."

"Weren't you with Tender Taps?" Rumble asked.

"...Got me there," Sweetie Belle said. "We weren't that active though, truth be told, my one night with you was much better than my time with him."

"Wow really?" Rumble asked, feeling pretty proud of himself. "That's awesome."

"Wait, how did you know about me and Tender Taps?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Rumble suddenly felt awkward again, "I might have...saw you."

"You what!?" Sweetie Belle shrieked, causing everypony to stop. She turned her attention back to them, "This isn't a show! Keep walking!"

This surprised her friends, but they had no desire to further upset Sweetie Belle, so they did as told. Though Cozy Glow was a bit too interested, so she slowed down to listen in on their conversation.

"I take it you're not too happy," Rumble said.

"Of course I'm not, how did you see me and Tender Taps doing...that!?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"It was an accident, truth be told, I went to see you that night because...I wanted to see if we could get back together," Rumble confessed.

Cozy Glow almost reacted, luckily she kept her cool, she knows that if Rumble and Sweetie Belle overheard her, they wouldn't be too happy with her either.

"You wanted to get back together with me?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Rumble nodded, "I'll be honest, I was pretty miserable during the week after we broke up, I kept wondering if it was the right call. I wanted to be sure if I did or didn't love any other fillies. Every time I dated a filly, I would compare them to you, trying to see what they had over you, and each time I found nothing. Dinky and Apple Bloom are just too good as friends to be anything more, Diamond Tiara, Kettle Corn and Babs Seed I couldn't see lasting, Toola Roola seems to be a package deal with her friend Coconut Cream, plus she wasn't that compatible either, Flurry's cute but too young right now, Barley's nice but it wouldn't have worked, and Scootaloo, that's something we've explained time and again, though actually dating her really reassured me that we would not have worked."

"What about Cozy Glow?" Sweetie Belle asked. "You seemed close with her."

"She's...complicated," Rumble said. "I did like her, a lot, but I wasn't sure if I was really in love with her. She's cute, very cute, and I do like helping her and being there for her, and maybe it's those two weaknesses that let me be affectionate with her. But the difference is that every time I'm with her, I still have doubts, like I'm just doing this to keep her happy rather than make us both happy. With you I was happy, because I enjoyed making you happy, I like making Cozy happy too but I just felt that underlying shame. Eventually I decided that I just wanted things to go back to normal."

"And that's when you found out about me and Tender Taps?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I had a feeling you two were dating, but seeing you two getting affectionate made me think it was too late, and in that moment of weakness, I settled on Cozy Glow," Rumble said. "Quite frankly, the night I saw you with Tender Taps, I went to Cozy Glow's place and immediately got into it with her. I have to admit, that might have been a bad thing to do, I was just acting on emotions, I needed to feel affection and that was the most I could have gotten. But my romance with Cozy Glow, while only lasting a few weeks, was mostly physical after a while. We did some stuff together, but whenever we tried anything romantic, it just let to...pure raw love. Which of course is why she got pregnant obviously."

"Wow, that's pretty...something?" Sweetie Belle said. "I can't even relate, since I've only done 'that' a couple of times."

"At least the time I did it with you was special, and that's how I wanted our moments to be, with Cozy Glow I just didn't care, I just wanted the passion," Rumble said. "It was wrong though, thinking about it I shouldn't have done that with her, I didn't treat her like a marefriend, I just used her to relieve my stress. Can't believe I was careless enough to get her pregnant."

Sweetie Belle pitied Rumble of course, but now she felt slightly worried, actually she was very worried, knowing how big a deal this was. "So, what will you do now?"

"What else can I do?" Rumble said. "I take responsibility, I'll marry her like promised and we'll raise our baby together. I'm so sorry Sweetie Belle, I wanted that to be us, honestly if I hadn't found out about this, I probably would have taken you back when you considered it earlier. Nothing would make me happier than to be with you, but I can't ditch Cozy Glow now, that would be despicable."

Hearing this was a lot for Cozy Glow to take in. Rumble never loved her as much as he loved Sweetie Belle, in his mind all he wanted was Sweetie Belle. To hear that the only reason Rumble wants to marry her wasn't for love, but rather just an obligation really stung. This did break Cozy's heart a little, she was actually pretty mad. She just wanted to lash out at Rumble, she was ready to give him exactly what he wanted, she would ditch him and let him be happy with Sweetie Belle.

In spite of her anger, she had to remain calm for the moment, right now wasn't a good time since she was still in enemy territory. But she would address this later, she won't be taken for a hopeless, romantic fool.

Back at the big fight, more of the Storm King's soldiers were getting decimated by various Equestrians and their friends. The Wonderbolts took them out, especially Thunderlane who was desperate to find where his brother had gone. Ember, Garble and Smolder triple teamed them with raging fire. Many were trampled pretty badly by the Yaks, with Prince Rutheford standding proudly above them.

"Come on! What am I paying you buffoons for!?" Storm King shouted.

"I didn't know you paid any of them," Tempest said, getting Storm King's attention.

"Oh, it's you," Storm King said. "So, found a place among the little ponies?"

"Well, unlike you, they don't break their word," Tempest said, blasting Storm King back.

"Aw, let me guess, they gave you Friendship instead!" Storm King shouted, sending a blast at Tempest, which she quickly dodged.

"Jealous? At least I can trust those who trot beside me!" Tempest said.

"And how long before they abandon you, just like your last friends?" Storm King taunted. "You might end up alone again."

"No she won't," Starlight said, appearing beside Storm King. "We'll make sure of it."

"Uh, who are you?" Storm King asked.

"Starlight Glimmer?" Starlight said. "One of Twilight's apprentices."

"Oh right, think I heard the name, though I don't think I saw you during my invasion," Storm King said.

"Yeah, one of your guards snuck up on me and next thing I knew, I was sharing a cell with my friend Trixie," Starlight said. "That won't happen again. This time I'll be the one fighting you!"

"Alright, show me what the Princess's student can DO!" Storm King said, sending a blast at Starlight, which she quickly blocked and turned the shield into a beam to knock The Storm King back as Tempest rushed over to kick the brute in the face.

Starlight picked up some rocks and sent the flying to the Storm King, hitting him a few times but blocking the big one, which provided some cover for him long enough to jump out and zap Starlight and then Tempest.

"Foolish ponies thinking they can out match me! I'm a King baby!" Storm King shouted. "And I'm gonna-"

Sunset Shimmer blasted him from behind, "Wow you're annoying."

Storm King slid across the ground, landing near Sombra, who looked down in shame. "Get up you fool, we have enemies to destroy."

"Hey!" Storm King jumped to their feet. "You watch your mouth, I'm a King!"

"So am I!" Sombra shouted. "Now get back to your fight!"

"Bickering are you?" Shining Armor said, making his way toward the two. "I have a score to settle with the both of you. Sombra for the trouble you caused at The Crystal Empire and attempting to hold my daughter hostage. Storm King for turning my wife into stone and trying to steal her magic."

"Wait, your wife?" Storm King said. "Which one was she? Wait who are you exactly?"

"That is Shining Armor, Prince of the Crystal Empire and husband to Cadance, The Princess of Love," Sombra explained

"Oh, ew, love..." Storm King gagged. "There's only one thing that I love, absolute power!"

"Oh you want power? Here, take some!" Shining Armor said, blasting The Storm King. Sombra tried zapping the Prince but he put up his shield and then blasted Sombra back.

The evil king was dazed long enough for Tempest to run in and kick Sombra, and gave Starlight and Sunset the opening to blast him.

The two kings quickly regrouped, zapping at the four Unicorns, unaware that Cadance had arrived overhead, giving her the opening to blast them with her magic, knocking them forward, giving the opening for Tempest to zap them with her scatter magic.

"These ponies are so annoying!" Storm King shouted. "Hey guards! Come do something!"

The soldiers tried to assist but the Changelings, both pre and post transformed versions, blocked the path, with Thorax leading the charge. "Take this!"

The Changelings worked together to fight away the guards. Sombra looked enraged and went to attack Thorax but both Shining Armor and Cadance appeared before him and blasted him right back with Starlight and Sunset Shimmer blasting Storm King, getting them both in one area.

The five ponies joined together, charging up their magic and sending one massive blast to the two Kings, completely overwhelming and destroying them, finally putting an end to their tyranny.

Many of the Storm King's soldiers stopped fighting upon noticing the destruction of their leader. Seeing him defeated left them unwilling to continue, so they surrendered to the ponies.

"Two down, just one to go," Shining Armor said, taking note of his little sister teaming with Chrysalis to battle against Grogar.

It didn't take long for Grogar to notice that the soldiers stopped fighting, especially once he could no longer sense the presence of Sombra or Storm King. "So, those fools are dead, again. Bah, they can stay that way this time for all I care."

"You're all that's left Grogar, do you still plan to fight or will you go down easy?" Twilight asked.

"Such a foolish question, I shall never surrender! I haven't even begun to use my full power!" Grogar used his magic to teleport the Alicorn Amulet, Neighsay's Artifact and his bell toward him. "I hoped to have a few more artifacts but this will make a fine start."

"What is he up to?" Twilight asked.

Grogar then absorbed the magic of the three artifacts into him, slightly growing in size and channeling a surge of energy, one that caught everypony's attention. "Behold my might!"

Grogar summoned a lighting storm that struck down everywhere across the battlefield, ponies desperately running to get out of the way, same with the Storm King's soldiers. Grogar levitated into the skies and started raining down magic blasts.

"He got strong fast!" Twilight said.

"Damn, I was worried about this," Chrysalis said.

The Wonderbolts and Washouts flew in to attack but one swift blast of magic knocked out a good chunk of them, including Spitfire. The Dragons tried blasting him with fire but Grogar blocked it and sent a large ball of magic, knocking them down like pins.

Shining Armor rushed in with a group of Unicorns, each tried to bind Grogar with their magic. The goat powered through and flew down to blast all of them, only Shining Armor not taking damage thanks to his quick shield spell. But Grogar had rammed him, overpowering through his shield and knocking him away.

"Holy crap he's strong," Rainbow Dash said.

"What should we do?" Applejack asked. "He's mowing through our friends like nothing!"

Tirek made his way over, cracking his knuckles, "Big whoop, I can take him. In fact I can just absorb his magic!"

As Tirek got in close and tried to absorb the magic, Grogar quickly blasted him hard enough to knock Tirek over, the Centaur landing in a thud. "You fool, do you really believe I did not account for your magic absorbing skills!?"

"I hate being outsmarted," Tirek said, trying to stand up.

Twilight flew over to the centaur, "You're going to gave to use better strategy then, and teamwork."

"I didn't need teamwork to defeat the Pillars," Tirek said.

"Uh, yes you did, I was there remember!" Adagio reminded, making her way over.

"Well I could have done so without your help, I still absorbed their magic, how many creatures do you know can overpower Starswirl and his pals?" Tirek asked.

"Grogar," Aria said, pointing to Grogar battling the Pillars.

Flash Magnus flew around, hoping to get Grogar off balance long enough to attack, but Grogar saw through that and blasted Magnus, then blasted an oncoming Sonambula. Rockhoof jumped to attack but Grogar overpowered him with a lightning zap. Starswirl and Mistmane sent a pair of beams at Grogar, the goat enduring the attack and sending his own blasts at them. He then blasted Mage Meadowbrook as she was attempting to heal Magnus.

"Wow, that is impressive," Tirek admitted.

"That's terrible!" Twilight said. "We're gonna have to act fast, as a team."

"Will that even work?" Rainbow Dash asked, flying over with the rest of the Elements beside her. "Most of our army is knocked out, everyone is struggling just to avoid his attacks!"

"We have The Magic of Friendship, it's helped us before, it can help us again," Twilight said.

"Why don't you use that fancy magic you used against me in our first battle?" Tirek said. "When you were all colorful and your hair was big."

"You mean our Rainbow Magic?" Twilight asked. "I'd like to but it might be hard given that King Sombra destroyed the Tree of Harmony."

"Well you have access to some fancy magic, you used against us five years ago," Tirek said.

"That was our Friendship," Twilight explained. "It helped us before, and it can help us again."

"You're overconfident, aren't you?" Grogar said, making his way over to them, readying his magic. "Your friendship can't save you now!"

Grogar blasted at them with Twilight trying to shield them. Fortunately Rarity, Chrysalis and and Tirek helped but they all got pushed back, sent across the field.

So much magical energy caused the lands to tremble, this getting the attention of Rumble and his friends as they tried getting away from the battle.

"That sounds bad!" Apple Bloom said.

"I can almost sense the magic coming from Grogar," Sweetie Belle said. "It's like his power suddenly increased, what's happening?"

"Oh no, Grogar must have gone through with his plan..." Cozy said, getting everypony's attention. "He probably absorbed the magic from the artifacts he had me collect for him. I thought he was gonna wait until he had them all, guess Twilight forced his hoof."

"How many did he have?" Rumble asked.

"Just two, plus his bell," Cozy Glow said. "Makes me wonder how strong he'd be if he had more artifacts, if he gets The Crystal Heart then that's going to make him nearly unstoppable that even The Elements would have a hard time stopping."

All the ponies started panicking, worried about the state of the world. Dinky tried calming everypony down by reminding them of something, "Well there's still like an army of friends fighting Grogar, they can totally beat him, can't they?"

"They might have a chance, but there's also a good chance most of them will probably die trying," Cozy Glow solemnly said.

Flurry began to panic..."Mom...dad!" She flew off in the direction of the battle, despite the protests from the other ponies.

"Flurry! No! It's not safe!" Apple Bloom called out.

Cozy Glow groaned in annoyance, "That little fool!" She flew after Flurry Heart, despite more protests.

"We gotta help them!" Apple Bloom said, following after the two fillies, with the others soon following as well.

Grogar continued to attack the creatures below, some trying to fly to him, including a triple team attempt from Gallus, Silverstream and Ocellus. They flew around, trying to attack any way they could but Grogar took them down quickly with a triple blast spell.

Suddenly Flurry Heart came into view, charging her magic, "Grogar!"

"Is that Flurry!?" Twilight shouted in worry, this also getting the attention of her parents.

"Flurry! NO!" Shining Armor shouted.

Flurry had already attacked, trying to zap Grogar out of the sky but he had grabbed her into a bind, "Heroes breed so young."

"Let go of my daughter!" Cadance shouted, flying in to save Flurry but took a blast from Grogar.

"Don't worry, you'll all share the same demise," Grogar taunted. Suddenly he took a blast to his back from Cozy Glow. Grogar turned around and zapped the mare, electrocuting her in the air.

"Cozy!" Chrysalis zapped Grogar a few times, distracting him long enough to drop Flurry. Rumble flew in to catch Cozy Glow before she hit the ground.

"Cozy Glow!?" Rumble checked to make sure she was still breathing, gently rubbing her belly too, worried for his child.

Grogar aimed a blast and struck down at the two, but a well timed forcefield from Sweetie Belle saved them from certain demise. Sweetie Belle charged up another attack, "Take this!" She hit Grogar straight between the eyes, stunning him a bit.

"Wow, that's awesome," Rumble said, though noticed Grogar was quick to recover. "Too bad he's nearly indestructible."

Grogar flew in to attack but a mid-air tackle from Silverstream, Ocelus and Gallus managed to distract him as they brought him toward the ground, with Yona, Sandbar and Ember rushing in to attack.

"Let's get out of here," Rumble said. "There isn't much we can do."

"You go, get Cozy Glow out of here, I'm gonna help the others fight Grogar," Sweetie Belle said.

"What are you crazy!? He's too strong!" Rumble said.

"Maybe, but I have to try," Sweetie Belle said, but Rumble flew in front of her.

"I can't let you go, I refuse to let anything bad happen to you!" Rumble said. "Let Twilight handle this, she's got plenty of strong friends, you don't need to risk your life!"

Sweetie Belle seemed a bit annoyed, then found herself chuckling, much to Rumble's confusion. The mare gently stroked Rumble's mane. "Remember when we were kids? How you always wanted to protect me? Because you called yourself my Knight?"

"Yeah, of course, I took that very seriously," Rumble said.

"Yes, you did, and I really appreciated it, because it made me feel special," Sweetie Belle said. "You always made me feel special. I always imagined that if I were ever in danger, you would come to my rescue, and you have tried. Starting with the day Chrysalis captured us, you did everything you could to make sure I was safe. Even now, after we've been broken up for years, you still want to rush to my side and keep me safe."

"Of course, I...I love you," Rumble said. "I know it's wrong to say now, but it's how I've always felt. I don't think I've ever stopped loving you, no matter how hard I tried to love another filly."

"Too bad, maybe I shouldn't have gone out with Tender Taps, we barely lasted, he was still in love with Twilight," Sweetie Belle said. "Maybe I shouldn't have waited so long to try and get back together with you. Truth be told, I was hoping you would ask me to be yours again."

"I was afraid to, my fears of messing up again prevented me from doing that," Rumble admitted. "Sweetie Belle, it may be too late for us to be together, but that doesn't mean I'll stop protecting you. I mean, we can still be friends, can't we?"

"It'll be hard for me honestly," Sweetie Belle said, then pulled Rumble into a kiss. So many emotions swirled in Rumble's mind; confusion, worry, happiness, hesitation, but most of all, the feeling of true love. This felt right to him, Sweetie Belle is the only mare he wants to kiss, and he wants to relish in it.

The two maintained their affection for quite a bit, as if they were trying to make up for lost time. It was during this that Cozy Glow started to wake up and took note of the passionate kiss between Rumble and Sweetie Belle. Once again, her heart shattered, this was definite proof that she and Rumble could never be together, not even a baby could unite them.

The two broke away, both blushing intensely. In that moment they forgot about all the fighting, and saving the world. They just saw each other, and they realized they were all the other wanted.

Rumble brushed his mane back, trying to put his thoughts into words, "Wow, Sweetie Belle, I gotta say that kiss was...well-"

Suddenly Sweetie Belle was snatched into the air by Grogar's magic, the demonic Goat levitating to the skies with the mare. "You..."

"Put me down!" Sweetie Belle shouted, blasting Grogar in the face.

"Little pest!" Grogar began to electrocute her. "Trying to make a fool of me? Wanting to be like Twilight huh? A thorn in my side!? I'll enjoy killing Princess Twilight's star pupil."

"Hey! You!" Rumble shouted at Grogar, getting his attention. "Give her BACK!" He flew in to attack the beast, readying a punch but Grogar whacked Rumble away with a magic blast. That didn't stop him as Rumble went right back at Grogar, getting knocked back again. Then he attacked again, regardless of how many times he got knocked back, he kept coming, desperate to save Sweetie Belle.

"How persistent," Grogar said. "You must really care for this child."

Rumble panted heavily, wiping some blood from his face as he went to attack again, but before Grogar could counter-attack, Twilight teleported over and blasted Grogar, causing him to release his grip on Sweetie Belle. Twilight flew over to grab her, then held out her arm to Rumble, "Reach for my Hoof!"

Rumble did as told and this allowed Twilight to teleport him and Sweetie Belle away from Grogar, back to her group.

"Twilight!" Rarity rushed to help her friend. "Thank you so much for saving Sweetie Belle!"

"Rumble deserves some praise too, he fought valiantly trying to help as well," Twilight said, gesturing to the foal.

"I can see that," Rarity said, checking on Rumble. "You poor dear, you look really hurt."

"Nothing I can't handle," Rumble said, smiling at Rarity, the mare noticing a chipped tooth.

Grogar looked ready to attack again, but he took some magic blasts, one from Starswirl who had assistance from the Pillars, Ocellus with help from the Student Six, and the team of Starlight and Sunset Shimmer, with Spike also providing assistance with his fire.

"Now's our chance," Twilight said. "We need to summon the power of the Elements of Harmony girls, it's our best bet to defeat Grogar."

"Will we be enough?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"You'll need help," they heard, and saw Sonata making her way over with Adagio and Aria by her side. "We can provide the assistance."

"I'll help as well," Chrysalis said, making her way over. "Grogar must be stopped."

"I'll lend you my strength" Tirek said, marching over to the group. "Something tells me you'll all need my muscle."

"Add me to that list too," Cozy Glow said, looking bitter. "I have Alicorn magic as well, might as well put it to good use."

"Wow, never expected to see six of our enemies fighting by our side," Rainbow Dash said.

"Starlight was our enemy once too," Twilight reminded.

"Yes, but she at least joined our side, those six are still our enemies," Rainbow Dash pointed out.

"Well then, for now let's not see them as enemies," Twilight turned to them with a reassuring smile. "But as our friends."

Tirek groaned in annoyance, "Don't get sappy with us, we just want to destroy Grogar already, once that's done we're take a nice vacation, I need a break from this nonsense."

"Well, I'd like to be friends," Sonata said. "I'd like for us all to be friends."

"I'd welcome that" Rumble added. "You're all a lot nicer than you act, you shouldn't be ashamed to make friends, doesn't it sound nice? Didn't you enjoy helping others? Fighting to protect Equestria?"

"We won't force this upon you, it has to be something you want," Twilight said. "At least think about it."

"Fine, we'll consider it, now let's hurry before Grogar strikes again!" Tirek said.

Twilight nodded and began focusing her energy alongside her friends, each of them channeling the power of the Elements of Harmony. Even if physically gone, their magic still resided in the six. Meanwhile the six villains began to power up as well, hoping to generate enough energy to destroy Grogar.

During this, some of the aura from the Elements of Harmony began to spread, making it's way to the villains. Suddenly a ray of sunshine flickered in their once darkened hearts, feeling the warmth of genuine friendship.

Chrysalis started feeling at peace, a magic fueling in her body, similar to the feeling of love she would absorb from others. Except this time it was freely flowing through her, and instead of resisting it, she allowed it to take over her being. Tirek also felt a warmth in his body, feeling a sense of happiness and acceptance, something he once yearned from his family, now feeling really close. Cozy Glow felt the ray of Friendship and for the first time started to understand something she hadn't before, how Friendship really is suppose to be, to be given freely rather than forced. It's almost like some of the negative energy flowed out of their bodies, picked up by The Sirens, who also felt a weird sensation. They too felt a warmth, even in all the negativity, they could also feel positivity. So much apprehension, but a silver lining right at the end.

Both groups started to glow, with Sweetie Belle sticking close to The Elements of Harmony, and Rumble sticking close to the former villains. They too felt the rush of friendship, Sweetie Belle's horn glowing from the intake in magic.

Within moments, a large ray of energy shot from the Elements, The former villains and the two lovers, all aimed right at Grogar, the beast completely consumed by the magic.

"No! This can't be happening! I am Grogar! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!!!" Grogar tried fending it off but the magic was too strong even for him and he was immediately destroyed, leaving nothing but his bell, which fell to the ground below. Grogar was no more, the worl was once again safe.

"We did it," Sweetie Belle said, taking a breath from having endured so much magic. "We defeated him!"

"We sure did," Rumble said, falling over. "We did great, didn't we?"

"Yeah, we did," Sweetie Belle said, then leaned in to nuzzle her sweet Rumble. "My hero."

"We're all heroes," Rumble said. "Everyone here who helped stop Grogar."

Sweetie Belle looked in the direction of the villains, "Hm, what's gonna happen with them though?"

Rumble turned his attention to the former villains, especially Cozy Glow. "Not sure, but I do know we have one more matter to settle."

Sweetie Belle faced Cozy Glow, nodding in agreement, "Yeah, we do."

The world was safe, but there were still conflicts to resolve before total Harmony could be reached.

Author's Note:

Nearly at the end.