• Published 3rd Mar 2020
  • 483 Views, 4 Comments

The Night Janitor: NEGATIVE Edition - Knox Locke



Knox, the janitor at the School of Friendship, had to go through a horrible experience involving the events of "School Daze." Now, he's out for vengeance. What exactly is his plan, and how far is he willing to go to execute it?

  • ...
6
 4
 483

Chapter 9: Just A Mirage

It wasn’t long after that when he arrived at the Treehouse. The Treehouse was actually the Tree of Harmony, given new life by the students who’d ruined his. He jumped into the sparkling, crystalline structure through a window. Then, his first step to the Treehouse takeover was underway. He closed his eyes, held out the Talisman of Mirage, and charged it with magical energy as he heard the infuriated squawking of a cockatrice. When the squawking stopped, he slowly opened his eyes. He saw that Edith, the cockatrice he’d heard lived in the treehouse, was now nuzzling itself against Knox’s leg. This would be easier than he’d thought. He’d also heard that the Tree had begun showing itself as a spectral form, but he still jumped in surprise when he saw a shimmering carbon copy of Twilight Sparkle standing behind him.

“What are you doing here?” the figure asked dramatically. “You don’t have pure intentions! You must go!”

“Oh, I don’t think so,” replied Knox ominously. “The thing about giving yourself a pony form… is that ponies have eyes. Now, so do you!”

He held up the Talisman of Mirage once again and used it on the unsuspecting spirit. He watched a grisly scene unfold as the mansion of crystal around him slowly took on a red hue. Jagged spikes formed around the floor, creating twisted pedestals of sorts. Six of them. The spirit of harmony now looked at Knox with a wicked grin.

“What do you need me to do?” it asked.

“Get them here. Pretend you’re in danger.”

As you wish.

In just a few short hours, the students who'd’ ruined Knox’s life arrived at the twisted Treehouse. Knox could hear gasps of shock and horror from outside as they gazed upon what had once been their testament to their friendship. The students entered slowly, then split up to cover more ground. Knox leaned down towards Edith and quietly whispered “Everycreature except the changeling.”

Edith flew off into the Treehouse while Knox tried to discern which direction Ocellus had gone.