• Published 10th Jan 2020
  • 4,589 Views, 24 Comments

Struggles - Echo Breeze

  • ...
6
 24
 4,589

Aftermath

Principal Celestia sat behind her desk, rubbing her temples in frustration. Vice-Principal Luna sat across from her on one of the two chairs for visitors.

"What are we going to do with her, Lulu. I had no idea that Sunset would go this far." Celestia said with an exasperated sigh.

"I don't know Tia," Luna said, looking out the window at where Sunset was hard at work clearing the debris for the construction crew that were coming in on Monday. "The least we can do is wait and see."

"I know that Lulu, but I feel as though I have failed her in some way." Celestia said, sadness thickly laced in her voice. Luna reached across the desk and put a soothing hand on hers.

"We will see what happens and then decide, we have already told her that she is suspended for a week starting Monday. We will see if she needs anything by the time her suspension is over." Celestia looked over to her and gave a nod.

"I'm going to check on her, I'll see you tomorrow for brunch Tia." Luna said as she stood up.

"See you then Lulu." Celestia said as Luna walked out.

__________________________________________

Sunset was hard at work, adding rubble to the wheelbarrow that she was supplied for clearing rubbish. She was so busy that she didn't hear Luna walk up to her.

"It makes no sense to work yourself so hard that you collapse, Sunset." Luna said, causing Sunset to jump in fright.

"Vice-Principal Luna, I didn't see you standing there." Sunset said through gritted teeth, barely hidden pain on her face. Luna, however, didn't notice the pained expression on her face.

"Here, take a break to eat. You need to keep your strength up." Luna said, handing Sunset a takeout bag with vegetarian burritos in it.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry." Sunset said politely, ignoring the growl of protest coming from her stomach.

"Okay, but you can at least go home, you've cleared most of the rubble. The construction crew can take it from here." Luna said with a smile.

"Okay, I'll see you after my suspension." Sunset said, glad to be dismissed. She turned and walked away.

'What is up with that girl. I can never figure her out.' Luna thought to herself with a sad shake of her head.

__________________________________________

Still in her office, Celestia was huddled over a file, the file of one Sunset Shimmer. She had never thought to take another look at it after it was filed, but hearing what Sunset said in the crater made her take another look, and there it was. Sunset's home address was that of a rundown apartment building owned by Filthy Rich. Her parent's information was left out. No wonder the girl had acted out as she did, she had nobody to show her the right path.

"I need to phone Luna. She needs to know about this." Celestia thought to herself as she reached for her office phone

__________________________________________

Sunset was deep in thought on her way back to her rundown apartment. She hardly noticed where she was until she was standing across the road from the apartment building. The rent was fair, so she didn't mind what it looked like.

Sunset walked across the street and into the building. She reached her door, fished out her keys, and as she was about to insert them into the lock, she noticed that the door was slightly ajar.

"Strange, I know I closed and locked the door before leaving this morning." Sunset said to herself as she nudged it open with a toe. What she saw when she walked in broke her entirely. Her apartment was ransacked. All her stuff was gone. All that was left was the beaten up old guitar that Flash had given her when they were dating.

"Just perfect. As if my day wasn't shit enough already, some fucker decides he needs my stuff more than I do." she said as she pulled her phone out of her pocket, dialling 911 as soon as she got it out.

"Hi, yes I need the police. I'd like to report a break-in. 2127 Everfree Heights, apartment 3A. Thank you." Sunset then ended the call and went to sit on her couch.

__________________________________________

After half an hour, a squad car stopped outside the building. Two officers climbed out and went up to the apartment. Sunset was still on her couch, not believing how bad her luck had been. She then heard a knock.

"Sunset Shimmer, CPD." one of the officers said.

"Coming." Sunset said as she got up and headed for the door.

"Good evening, Miss Shimmer, I'm Detective Enigma, this is my partner…" the officer said as Sunset cut him off.

"Detective Ace Sentry. I know him, I used to date his son." she said. Looking down at her feet in embarrassment.

"Yes, are your parents here, we'd like to get a statement from them." Ace asked Sunset.

"No, I don't have parents, but I do have someone you can call, maybe she can help out here." Sunset replied.

"Alright, who is it?" Enigma asked, looking at Sunset incredulously.

"Principal Celestia of Canterlot High School." Sunset replied.

__________________________________________

Celestia was about to leave her office when the phone rang. Looking at her watch, she saw that it was eight minutes past nine in the evening.

'Who could be calling here at this time of night' Celestia thought to herself.

"Canterlot High School, Celestia speaking, how may I help you?" Celestia answered the phone.

"Hi, yes ma'am. This is Detective Enigma from Canterlot Police Department. We got a 911 call about a break in at the apartment of one Sunset Shimmer earlier today. Would it be possible to come?"

"Yes, I'm on my way. Thanks." Celestia said, worry plastered on her face.

__________________________________________

"Right, she is on her way. Is there anything in particular that is missing, or is it just the usual stuff that gets stolen in a break-in?" Enigma asked as she put her phone back in her pocket.

"Not as far as I can tell. But all the stuff that was stolen was insured, so I should be able to get it back." Sunset replied. Just then, there was a knock at the door. Sunset opened to see a worried looking Celestia standing outside.

Author's Note:

Enigma is a character of my own creation. She has light cyan skin with cerise eyes and light purple hair with gold stripes running through them. If anyone wants to do a fanart of her, I dont mind. As always, like and comment. Creative criticism is always welcome.