• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 1,584 Views, 100 Comments

Infinity Train: Bookworm - luckyboys121



After missing the bus to Camp Everfree, Twilight makes her way to nearest station to catch another one, but instead catches a train.... or perhaps it caught her.

  • ...
1
 100
 1,584

Broken Home Car

The three soon entered the car as Spike said, "Um.. Twilight you-"

She just raised her hand to silence him as she said, "Let's just get through this car."

He sighed before looking around as they saw that this appeared both straight forward and not. The door was clearly visible just a little bit away but it was what was between there and where they were that seemed odd as it was a small section of a suburban neighborhood, but all wrong. Parts of the street where missing revealing metal panels with more blue orbs in them underneath. This oddness finally snapped Twilight out of her stupor as she walked forward saying, "What the?" As everything seemed to get weirder. As they approached the center of the car they saw what appeared to be a typical suburban home complete with white picket fence... except for a few details. As they began approaching they saw that the standard tacky plastic flamingos that where synonymous with such a place where in fact real flamingos that squawked in Twilight's face. "GAH!" she cried out as she ran towards the entrance of the house where they saw that there simply was none. Where a door should be there was simple a flat wall with windows on it.

Spike nervously looked around as he said, "Um... maybe we should just head for the door, this place is kinda freaking me out."

Before Twilight could respond though One One slipped out of her arm once again as he mumbled, "No no, this isn't right at all.... this shouldn't be like this."

"What do you mean?" asked Spike.

"It's all a mistake my mistake and I need to fix it," said One One as he began to move over to a nearby orb and removed it, resulting in the flamingos dissapearing.

"WOAH! Did you just... get rid of those guys?" asked Spike.

"Of course I did the're not supposed to be here," said One One as he got to work opening a panel pushing buttons on it with his small appendages.

Spike looked over at Twilight concerned about this, but she seemed to jump to One One as she asked, "What can we do to help?"

One One looked up as very briefly, his two white eyes turned red and blue respectively before reverting to normal as he said, "You need to see what's wrong in that house, climb through that window until I can find a door orb."

Twilight nodded as she made her way towards the house as Spike ran up to her saying, "Twilight.. are you sure about this?"

"One One says all this is a mistake... and mistakes are meant to be fixed," said Twilight as she began pushing on the window still trying to force it open.

"Well yeah but," he then looked down saying, "I don't think those flamingos thought it was a mistake."

Twilight huffed as she got the window open saying, "Well it's not like they where real flamingos."

"I guess," said Spike as he reached up and touched the crown on his head thinking, "Atticus isn't a real Corgi either... but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any value."

Twilight began to crawl through the window and once she reached the other side she turned back around and reached out her hands for Spike to hop into, which he did so with some reluctance. "Yup, there's definitely some stuff wrong here," said Twilight as she looked across the room.

Mistakes was being light though as they stared out at the scene before them, the living room seemed normal enough with a TV, a coffee table that somewhat oddly floated without any legs holding it to the ground, a game system hooked up to it, and a couch, but that's where normalcy ended as there where a large amount of lizards walking all across the room, but that paled in comparison to another sight as there was two blue silhouettes attempting to do... something in the room. As they approached they saw that a more masculine looking one kept repeatedly sitting on the couch and propping his feet up on the coffee table for a few moments, before a glitch effect seemed to come over him and he started his animation again. Meanwhile the other silhouette, who looked more feminine, seemed to walk from seemingly no where, place a bowl of carrots and a glass of milk on the table as both she and it remained for a few moments before starting over once again.

Twilight quickly sat Spike down as she said, "I'll go tell One One about this, you stay here so you can keep an out and tell us when these are fixed."

"But Twilight I..." said Spike, but it was too late as Twilight was already out of the window. Spike sighed as he looked at the scene before him thinking, "This isn't really anything wrong.... maybe a little unnerving but not wrong." He soon sat down with another sigh. As he turned his eyes to the ground he saw one of the many lizards approach as he chuckled and said, "You don't think any of this is a mistake do you buddy?"

The lizard cocked its head to the side before saying, "Why would I think this is a mistake?"


Twilight sat watching One One work as he said, "No no this isn't right at all." He then turned to Twilight as he said, "I can't seem to find the right orbs to fix this I'm gonna have to start from scratch."

One One then began to walk off as Twilight nodded and made her way back to the window. "Spike," she called out.

"TWILIGHT!" called out Spike as he quickly made his way over to her, at which point she noticed he had one of the lizards sitting on his head. "Listen you need to stop this."

"Indeed," said the lizard.

"What? Who's this?" asked Twilight.

Spike looked up at his head as she said, "This is Rhonda and she says everything is fine."

This did little to clear up Twilight's confusion as she entered the house and was led forward as Rhonda said, "I can't seem to think of why you'd think our land needs fixing. We have everything we could ever need, like the moving bridge that allows us to get the renewed food and drink."

Twilight stepped forward as she noticed that every time the masculine figures raised its legs to the table lizards used them to crawl onto the table where they began eating some of the carrots and drinking the milk. Twilight watched this strange symbiosis as she said, "But.. all of this is here because of a mistake."

"Maybe, but that doesn't mean it has no value," said Spike. "Maybe One One was in the Forest Car because of a mistake, that hasn't stopped him from helping us."

"I guess but," said Twilight as she raised her hand to her face in thought.

"What about Atticus, for all we know he was some kind of mistake but that doesn't change the fact that he tried to help me save you when you where in trouble," said Spike as his voice began to raise.

"I-" stammered Twilight before she heard several gasps. She turned to see the masculine figure had suddenly disappeared as the lizards began to murmur among themselves.

"Oh no, how are we going to get food without the bridge!?" asked Rhonda in as she began to tremble atop Spike's head.

Twilight began to say something, but it caught in her throat as she saw the looks of all the panicking lizards around the room. It was then her mind suddenly flashed back to the panicking looks to the several panicked faces of the Crystal Prep and Canterlot High students during the Friendship Games as she murmured, "What am I doing?" She then looked towards Spike as she was filled with determination saying, "Come on, we gotta stop One One."

Spike finally smiled and nodded as he said, "Yeah," before looking up at his head saying, "Come on Rhonda."

The lizard nodded back at him saying, "R-right," as they all made their way out the window. They ran out in the street as Rhonda's eyes suddenly widened as she said, "By the bringer of food... what is all this?"

"Stopping this now, realizing the outside world later!" said Twilight as she looked around in panic.

"Where's One One!?" asked Spike.

"I don't know I-" started Twilight but then they heard a crash as they turned to see the road tearing itself apart leading up to a platform containing several orbs and One One working.

"There he is!" said Spike. "But how are we gonna-" before he could finish Twilight had began running up and jumping across the pieces of street. "YOU CAN'T JUST-" once he again he was interrupted as Rhonda hopped off his head and followed after her. Spike gulped at that as he also began making his way up.

It didn't take Twilight long to reach the platform as she said, "One One you need to stop!"

"But I'm just fixing my mistakes Ms. Twilight after all nothing good can come from a mistake," said One One as he looked towards her.

"SO MY WORLD IS NOTHING GOOD!?" cried out Rhonda as she jumped towards the platform, only to not quite make it as she began to fall down.

Her fall was interrupted though as Twilight reached out her hand and wrapped the lizard in the familiar purple glow, moving her to the platform. Twilight then nodded as she said, "One One I was wrong! Everybody makes mistakes and they can't always be fixed." She then looked down in thought before she looked back up at One One saying, "But that's OK, because we can still get something out of them," she then gestured to Rhonda as she said, "Like these lizards living in this car or me with this magic."

One One paused at this in thought before he went back over to the orbs and just as Twilight began to worry that he wasn't listening, he placed an orb he had removed back in place causing the platform and street pieces to begin moving back to the ground where they belong. As Twilight and the others felt the solid ground beneath their feet again she let out a relieved sigh.

One One lowered himself in shame as he said, "I'm... I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me."

Twilight smiled as she picked up the little ball saying, "Hey, you made a mistake and that's OK."

"And something good came out of it," said Rhonda as she suddenly jumped in front of them. "Thanks to you I have seen there is so much beyond my peoples land and together who knows what we shall find out here!" She looked around at the street excitedly.

Twilight chuckled as she said, "OK Ms. adventurer, first we should probably get you home and make sure the bridge is working again."

She nodded at that as the group began to walk back, Spike smiling the whole way at seeing Twilight act like herself again. Soon they where at the house as they looked through the window seeing several lizards rejoice as they climbed the restored bridge. Rhonda smiled as she hopped into the window shill saying, "Thank you all for what you've done.... I mean for saving our world and showing me all this, not for almost destroying my world."

"Anytime," said Twilight with a smile before she paused smiling, "The saving and... you know what I mean."

The three chuckled as One One suddenly hopped back down saying, "Just one more thing."

He placed the orb back in place causing the flamingos to reappear and continue squawking as Twilight raised her hands in slight fear saying, "I wish they wouldn't do that though."

Suddenly all was silent as one of the flamingos said, "Well all you had to do was ask."

The group stared before all began chuckling at that before Twilight caught a glimpse of light moving on her hand. She looked down and saw her number ticking down until it finally stopped at 45. She smiled at that before saying, "Well, I guess this is goodbye."

"Indeed," said Rhonda. "Goodbye and good luck to you all on your journey."

"And good luck on yours," said Spike as he nodded to the lizard before the group made there way towards the door and walked through it.

As Twilight smiled she suddenly heard a slight noise as she looked down to see One One's eyes blink off an on before he said, "Hello I am One One."

"Um... I know," said Twilight in mild concern as his strange behavior was finally beginning to dawn on her.

"I know or do I," said One One.

Twilight thought for a moment before shrugging it off as his usual antics as they continued on.

Author's Note:

Well well... this broken car was rather different then the one in the show, what does that mean? Find out next chapter whenever that may be.

Anyway, hope you liked this, any constructive criticism is welcome, have a great day.