• Published 2nd Dec 2019
  • 5,387 Views, 23 Comments

The Mysterious Diaper Bag - Zubric



An average day in Ponyville is thrown for a loop when a mysterious enchanted diaper bag appears unleashing baby items upon the Elements.

  • ...
22
 23
 5,387

Rarity and nanny Sweetie Belle

Rarity hummed adjusting pins on a light blue dress with Sweetie Belle helping out by being the model, although she hadn’t had that in mind when she wanted to hang out. The filly groaned, “Rarity how much longer? I gotta pee.”

“Just one more touch Sweetie then I’ll be done,” Rarity said, dong some final touches before pulling the dress off and onto a mannequin nearby. She watched as her sister rushed off the bathroom thinking about the other times they had hung out together. The Sisterhood Social was the most memorable thought to come to mind. Making her way up to the front of the sore, she made sure everything was in order just in case a customer can’t in. Although, it had been a slow day. It was then that her eyes caught the sight of a bright pink diaper bag sitting upon had counter. “Hmm, I don’t recall having this around.” Trotting over to it, her fine nose was quick to pick up in the foal powder scent which she probably should have expected. However, the smell was soothing her as she got closer the bag slowly unzipped itself letting the mare peered inside.

Rarity fine eyes were quick to take stock of all the usual items that you would find seeming unphased by the adult size of the items. What really caught her eye the most was the ungodly purple square in the left side. Feeling attracted to it, she lifted it out and let it fall open revealing a frilly sundress with attached white bows. Normally, her fashion sense would have caused her to wince at such a childish design, but she found she felt like she wanted to try it on. After all, it was perfect for a tea party...and if she remembered what her nanny said it was rude not to wear a dress to tea parties. Taking the dress in her magic, the mare made her way into one of the changing rooms.

While Rarity was occupied getting into her new outfit, Sweetie Belle returned from the bathroom entering the showroom. “Huh, where did she go?” She glances around some peeking into the kitchen for a second “Rarity?” Her eyes soon spotted the diaper bag upon the kitchen floor and blinked. “That’s new.” The size of it made her think back to when the Crusaders had tried to get foal sitting cutie marks. She’d quite enjoyed it too and luckily for them, Pinkie had done all the icky bits like changing the diapers. Sweetie had watched though finding it cute to watch. Despite not getting their marks that day, the filly had learned a lot about childcare and she rather enjoyed it too.

Walking up next to it she saw something peeking out the top. If looked grey with an apron. She pulled the rest of it out finding it was a cute nanny outfit. As of to match her, the apron has a few song notes printed upon it. Along with it were a pair of black “Mary Jane” shoes for her hind legs. Without much thought, she lifted the dress over her head and began to slip it over her body.

Meanwhile. Rarity was struggling to button up the front of her new filly dress after having slipped on some pink and white striped socks she found in the room too. Rarity had some difficulty slipping on the socks as for whatever reason she wasn’t using her magic either,..though she did struggle in magic usage in her kindergarten class so it was normal for her to struggle with her magic. The thought of a tea party still dancing in her mind Rarity shook her head and concentrated all her might on the task at hand. After a minute of fiddling, she stomped her hoof in frustration.“This too hard!” she whined.

Sweetie Belle hearing the whining moved back to the main room now clad in the caregiver attire. “Rarity?” She then saw her sister nudge her way out of the dressing room wearing the silly dress. At first, she giggled at how her sister looked before feeling a slight tingle around her body. She stood straighter and moved closer. “Oh Rarity, do you need help, my dear?” she offered motherly.

Rarity kept being fussy with the buttons grunting as she did so. “No, I can do it!” She said, being very stubborn about it. The former fashionista really wanted to prove she was a big filly not questioning the thought at all. The big filly didn’t need her big sister to help her all the time.

Sweetie watched for some time making sure to give her sister the chance to at least try. “You can do it, little sis. If you need assistance let me know.” she encouraged. The filly wasn’t sure why, but she felt a need to watch over Rarity and to make sure she didn’t misbehave.

A minute passed in which Rarity’s frustration only grew before Sweetie finally intervene using her magic to do up the last few buttons. “I could have done it,” Rarity whined, crossing her hooves with a cute pout on her face.

Sweetie laughed a little to herself before reaching up and patting Rarity’s head “it’s okay my dear sis, it’s not bad to ask for help. Little fillies can always rely on their older siblings,” she said, the words coming out naturally.

“No I’m a big filly, I don’t need help,” Rarity snapped back sticking her tongue out. A moment later, Rarity looked toward the front door. “I want a new plushie.”

“But why Rarity?” Sweetie tilted her head. “You have plenty upstairs in your room.”

“No!” Rarity stomped her hooves. “I want a new one for the tea party.”

“You want to do a Tea Party?”

Rarity nodded. “Yes, and I want a new plushie for it,” she whined stomping about making it more of a demand.

Sweetie shook her head. “Rarity that is no way to ask for a new toy,” she scolded. “What’s the magic word?”

The elder sister’s face scrunched up as she remained fussy. “I wanna go to the toy store!”

“Keep this up and we won’t be going at all, instead you’ll be sitting in time out all day.” Sweetie snapped back moving away slowly.

Rarity pouted worming on the spot as she fought to give in. She thought of herself as a princess, and royalty didn’t have to ask for things.

“Maybe if you behave we’ll stop by the candy store too,” Sweetie bribed. “But you have to ask me nicely and you better not make a scene in public. Good fillies must always act and behave in a proper manner.”

Rarity cheeks reddened before taking a breath. “Sweetie, can we please go to the toy store?” she really wanted her new toy, plus who could say no to candy.

After fishing out some things from the magical diaper bag, a bit purse, a purple foal leash encrusted with diamonds, a few packets of caramel and peppermint and a bonnet she slipped on her head. Sweetie Belle smiled. “That’s better, let’s go Rarity. Remember to behave.” She then began to slip the harness onto Rarity much to the big filly’s dismay.

“No! I don’t want the leash, I won’t run off!” She wanted to resist but worried doing so would get her in trouble.

“What did I say about misbehaving young lady? If you settle down I’ll give you a caramel.” Sweetie Belle scolded.

“B-but ponies will think I’m a toddler!” Rarity whined, swooning in her usual way minus a fainting couch.

Sweetie Belle chuckled as her mind was now altered to think Rarity was no older than five and she explained to Rarity in a patronizing tone. “Oh dear, well you did just finish your toilet training so your not a foal. However, I don’t want you getting lost while we're out. It would break my heart if you got lost in the store and what would mother think.”

Rarity wasn’t paying attention as she sniffed the air smelling the caramels that were now hidden in Sweetie Belle’s pockets and blushed and chirped. “Otay ya can put the foal leash on but can ya give me a caramel after?”

“Say please,” Sweetie said pulling the harness onto her sister before clapping the leash the front.

After saying the magic phrase, Rarity took the sweet candy and began to chew it giggling as it filled her with joy. She soon followed behind Sweetie out into the street and it wasn’t long till ponies glanced at the two noticing the outfits. Most seemed to just shrug and move on, while others wondered what was going on. Sweetie Belle would constantly turn her head to keep an eye on Rarity seeing her stare around at everything with interest as if she hadn’t been there before. If a pony tried to come over and ask what was going on Sweetie Belle would simply take out one of the caramels and pop it into the pony’s mouth. In a few moments that pony would simply smile and wave at the two then walk off as if nothing happened. A couple of stalls passed by before something caught the big filly’s eye.

“Oh-oh, I want that,” Rarity rushed up to a flower cart pointing to a vibrant red flower with a yellow center.”

Rose looked at Rarity confused while Sweetie moved up the stand as well. “Well, I would like to make you a lovely summer dress that flower would look amazing on you.”

Roseluck running the stall was completely confused but was quickly nullified by one of the candies. “Mmm,” she chewed. “Oh they are nice and fresh, they are perfect for decoration or on a dress. Or maybe in your mane?”

“I shall take an entire bouquet of those red flowers, please. Don’t worry dear, I’m designing a dress for my little sister.”

Roseluck simply nodded and she and Sweetie Belle exchanged the bits for the flowers. Rarity cooed and sniffed them as she beamed. “I want my toy,” she said getting a little impatient.

“Now Rarity we will get you a toy but you need to behave...Oh I forgot you haven’
t had a nap yet no wonder you’ve been so fussy.”

“I am not,” Rarity huffed. “I want my tea party.”

“Rarity, we talked about this. If you don’t stop we’ll head back home right now with no candy.” Sweetie Belle took out a peppermint and broke it in half before slipped it into Rarity’s mouth. Rarity noticeably started to calm down as the candy had a soothing effect on her. “That should suffice, for now, but you’re getting a nap when we get home.”

Rarity yawned feeling a bit drowsy and nodded. “Okay.”


The bell jingled as the two entered the toy store moving straight for the stuffed animals.

Diamond Tara was there with her dad and she was in awe seeing the outfit Sweetie Belle dressed in and acting like a nanny for Rarity. “Hey Sweetie Belle, are those costumes for one of Cheerilee’s plays or something?”

Sweetie Belle turned to face the filly with a smile. “You must be mistaken, I am not a performer at the theatre I'm Sweetie Belle the best nanny in Ponyville.”

“What? Since when are you a nanny?”

Filthy Rich was also confused. “uh...yeah something is wrong here I don’t think Rarity would ever wear something that embarrassing.”

“Oh? Would you like a candy?” Sweetie pulled out a grape sucker plonking it into the pink filly’s and a small nugget of chocolate into the stallion’s mouth before they could reply.

Tiara suckled the candy startled before simply smiling a second later. “What are you talking about daddy, she looks fine to me.” The filly continued to suck on the candy seeming unable to stop.

Filthy blinked acting odd as he started to dance about. “Uh...ye...yes I need to use the po- I mean toilet.” He raced off making Sweetie giggle a bit.

Diamond blinked before holding a new teddy and dancing it in her hooves and talking to it too. “What’s that you want to be my friend,” she asked, before hugging it.

Rarity slowly walked over with a blush on her face. “Um...c..can you come over and play tea party with me? I got plushies but no friends…”

“Oh!? Well...I gotta ask my daddy first?”

Sweetie smiled “I don’t see why he wouldn't say yes, Rarity does need friends. The Princess of Friendship says so.”

Filthy Rich came back feeling oddly proud of himself for making it to the bathroom by himself...wait...didn’t I always use the bathroom without help?

“Daddy can I go play with Rarity and Sweetie Belle,” Diamond asked giving puppy dog eyes.

Filthy smiled patting her daughters’ head. “Oh alright, but be home by sunset okay?”

“Okay daddy,” Diamond said giving her daddy a big hug.

Sweetie Belle turned around. “don’t worry Filthy your daughter is in good hooves.”

“I hope I’m not getting charged for this it’s just a playdate after all.” Filthy Rich joked.

“Oh I would never make someone pay for friends,” Sweetie said rolling her eyes. She then floated out three plushies for Rarity to choose from. One was a hippogriff, another was a pink elephant, and the last one was Princess Luna.

Rarity stared at the three. “Can’t I have all three?”

“Well alright, but only if you take your nap when we get home.”

After Sweetie Belle paid for the plushies and they were leaving the store, Twilight who was still recovering from the enchanted crayons was buying a plush Celestia. She squeaked out seeing Rarity in the frilly dress and gasped, “r..r...rarity!? Did you touch a diaper bag recently!”

Rarity turned seeming confused. “Diaper bag? I”m not a foal,” she huffed. “Sweetie, Twilight being mean.”

“What, no I’m not,” Twilight said. “I”m just making sure you didn’t get affected by this artifact I came in contact with.”

Without realizing it Sweetie Belle slipped some taffy into Twilight’s mouth and respond, “Now, now Twilight apologize to Rarity she was just recently potty trained,” Sweetie Belle responded.

The princess felt a little guilty for some unknown reason and whispered, “sorry Rarity I think that was Spike’s diaper bag and I lost it.”


“Yeah that’s Spike’s diapee bag he a baby dragon!” Rarity shouted making Diamond giggle.

Sweetie reached up and pat Twilight’s leg as she also gave her a peppermint. “Now why don’t you just go home with your plush and take a nap?”

“Otay nana I tired.” Twilight yawned as she slowly walked off nuzzling her new plushie.

Sweetie Belle watched Twilight leave with a smile as she thought about what Twilight said. “Hmmm, I did see a diaper bag back at the boutique? I’ll be sure to give it to Spike as soon as possible Celestia knows that a baby dragon will make quite a mess without his diapers.”


Upon reaching the shop and taking Rarity up to her bedroom, they found another item left by the bag. A cutesy pair of purple footie pj’s. Thankfully the two halves didn’t have any buttons to fiddle with. Sweetie helped take the dress off before getting her sister into the soft sleeping attire. After tucking her sister in she went about helping Diamond.

“Um, Sweetie Belle...do I have to wear a pull-up?” Diamond Tiara whined as she was now in some toddler style footed pajamas too. She blushed even more than Rarity hearing crinkling under.

“Would you prefer a diaper?” Sweetie teased causing Diamond to blush and shook her head. “Alright then, let's get you into bed for your nap then you can play.”


After putting the foals to sleep Diamond Tiara went about putting on a pot of tea and went about baking cookies as well. Usually, she would be bad at cooking, but there was a convenient easy bake oven nearby too. Hearing a knock at the door she made her way to the front of the store and opened it to see Spike who was quite flustered with sweat coming down his face. “Hey, Sweetie Belle! Twilight said you had a diaper bag You need to give it to me!”

“Oh yes, I do have your diaper bag Spike! I can’t believe you walked all the way across town without a diaper or any supervision.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “Ugh! For the last time, I’m not a hatchling just hand it over before anypony else goes crazy.”

“Where are your manners? You're not getting anything until you ask properly.”

Spike sighed, “please can I have the diaper bag?”

Sweetie Belle took it off the counter and gave it over. “That’s better. ”

“Good, now I better get this to Twilight and in some anti-magic cage before it does something else.”


“Do you need me to put a diaper on you first? I rather you did not have an accident on the streets.”

Spike ran off as soon as possible as Sweetie Belle watched him go and scoffed. “Such a silly dragon running around with a diaper or supervision I would have put him in timeout if I were his caretaker.” She hummed contently taking the cookies out of the oven, as she got the small table all set for the party, putting plushies in various seats and extra soft cushions. She smiled warmly as the two fillies came down the stairs after their naps all refreshed and happy.


Meanwhile, as Spike ran off through the streets his eyes were drawn to a pacifier hanging off the side of the diaper bag on a lanyard. It was made out of a purple gemstone with a diamond bulb. His mouth drooled wanting nothing more than to suckle on the object. He tried his best to look away as it sparkled. “N-no g-got to...got to ...suckle.” He grabbed it off the bag, hung it around his neck and popped the bulb into his mouth.

The baby dragon continued to suckle on his pacifier getting sleepy and his thoughts drifted off thinking about taking a nap with Twilight. He also felt like something was missing...a...diaper? Maybe when he got home he’d ask Twilight to tape him up in one.


Rarity giggled sipping from her cup daintily as she stared at the teddy bear. “Oh Mss Frizzy, this tea is divine.” Her usual coiled mane had been styled into two pigtails that hung behind her head. She was wearing a yellow sundress from her own collection no doubt.

“Well, Big Tush loves his tea too huh?” Diamond Tiara asked her pink elephant plush as she was now dressed in a pink frilly dress with white lacing and a lot of puffiness showing off her cute pink pull-up.

“That’s right thanks Diamond your the best!”

“Now girls, remember if you’re complimented say thank you.” Sweetie Belle cooed sitting back reading a small book on foal care while sipping from her own cup of tea.

“Thank,s Mr.Big Tush I wuv you a lot!” Diamond hugged the pink elephant knocking her cup of tea spilling it everywhere.

Rarity got flustered and whined, “Sweetie Belle! Diamond just spilled her tea everywhere!”

“Oh dear, she’s too young for those cups. I’ll just give her a sippy cup and clean up a little it’s not a big deal.”

“No, I don’t need a sippy cup, it was an accident.” Diamond complained.

“Now Diamond, nanny knows best,” Sweetie said wagging her hoof slowly. Diamond pouted but sat back down as the Sweetie began to clean up.

Rarity started to squirm due to drinking too much tea as she performed a curtsey and squeaked, “I gotta go potty can I be excused?”

“Very good Rarity on using your manners! Yes go on and use the potty.” Sweetie Belle chirped, so proud of her sister.

Rarity ran off as Diamond also being nervous asked, “c...can I use ta potty?”

“Go on there’s another bathroom upstairs.” Sweetie Belle cooed patting the other filly on the head watching as Diamond rushed off as quick as she could. She sighed slumping into her chair. “my goodness taking care of fillies all day was exhausting. I could use a nice spa trip tomorrow...I wonder if Mr and Mrs.Cake wouldn’t mind babysitting?”

“Oh can we go to Sugarcube Corner!” the fillies shouted as they scampered over super excited after having returned from the bathroom.

“Yes you can, but let’s clean up your tea party first. Were not leaving until all the toys are put away and the tea is cleaned up.”

“Yes nana!” both fillies chirped as they went about cleaning up.


“I’m sorry to barge in like this but would you mind watching these two fillies tonight? I’ll pick them up by noon tomorrow I just need a spa trip to rejuvenate myself after such a long and exhausting day.


Mr. and Mrs. Cake were both trying to comprehend what they were seeing with both Rarity and Sweetie Belle in their embarrassing dresses slurping milkshakes through straws chatting about like little fillies.

But it wasn’t long until the nanny slipped caramels into their mouths making them both feel relaxed.

“Oh, it won’t be that big of a deal, we can have them hang out tonight.” Mrs. Cake responded.

Mr. Cake slowly nodded, “yeah...I mean they're both pretty old anyways they shouldn’t be worse than the twins.”

Sweetie Belle nodded “right, now if you need anything let me know.”

Rarity who wasn’t really paying attention to the “big ponies talking” slurping up a milkshake and hugging her teddy seemed to slowly come back to her senses as the enchantment wore off. “Oh...uh...what am I wearing!”

“Sweetie Belle what is this!” Diamond shouted her face bright red trying to use her dress to hide the pull-up. “Is this some stupid prank!”

Sweetie Belle slowly regained her old self too. “Wha? No! I ...I don't know whats going on!” She had to put a hoof over her mouth seeing her sister and former bully in the cute dresses recognizing them from Rarity’ own fashion lines.

Rarity looked over her dress. “Well despite this being more for a filly, it does suit me...though the white bows are a little too much.”

Diamond Tiara’s face was still red not really concerned about the dress. “Why am I wearing training pants like some toddler!”

“Aww, Diamond Tiara is still in potty training!” Sweetie Belle blurted out with a burst of laughter.

“O-oh shut up,” Diamond stripped the dress and undergarment off in a flash. “I’m telling my daddy on you!’

“Wait should Diamond Tiara be running around without her pullups?” Mrs. Cake asked seeming to be still under the caramel’s magic.

“Yes! I'm fully toilet trained! Now I'm going home!” The filly shouted before running off.

Mr. Cake was also confused scratching his head as he asked, “Huh? I guess she might not need them...what about you Rarity?”

The mare blushed, “n...no I’m old enough to use the bathroom on my own. I think I should find Twilight I’m assuming Diamond and I were under some kind of enchantment to end up in such embarrassing outfits.”

Sweetie Belle’s memories started to flow back through as she groaned. “Oh no! Twilight might be still cursed by that diaper bag!”

“Diaper bag?” Rarity asked she was now confused.

“There’s no time to explain! We need to help them destroy that diaper bag before this happens again come on Rarity!”

“Wait Sweetie Belle you're still wearing that silly nanny’s outfit!” Rarity shouted as Sweetie Belle lead her off.

Mrs. Cake blushed as she replied, “I’m really confused? Wasn’t Sweetie Belle gonna drop off those fillies for us to babysit?”

“Yeah I thought so too guess they have an appointment with Twilight or something...say honey did you leave the Twins diaper bag out?” Mrs. Cake’s husband asked lifting a giant pink diaper bag.

“Hmmm, no...that doesn’t look like the twins it’s way too big...I think it might be Pinkie Pie’s?”

“Pinkie Pie needs a diaper bag? Didn’t she recently graduated from diapers to pull-ups or something?” Mr. Cake responded.

“I’m not sure,” Mrs. Cake rubbed her neck. “We’d better go check on her though. Don’t want her to wet the bed.”