• Published 18th Nov 2019
  • 13,904 Views, 844 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendships and Magic [Season 1] - Alpha Wolf 4500



The first season of a rewrite of this series that I love. With my first and favorite OC, and the OC of a friend.

  • ...
19
 844
 13,904

Swarm of the Century

It was a bright, sunny day in Equestria with the birds and butterflies flying around peacefully. Fluttershy was out picking some flowers from the batches, of yellow and blue variations.

"La, la la, la la, la la, la la." She sang. As she trotted over to another batch, a squirrel ran over with a dandelion in its mouth. It got to her and tugged at her tail. She turned it around.

"Thank you little squirrel, but remember: these flowers are for Princess Celestia. Only the prettiest ones will do." She told the squirrel. The petals of the dandelion began to fly away in the wind, the squirrel places it back behind its back before scurrying away to find better flowers. Fluttershy continued trotting along as she looked for more flowers.

"La, la la, la la, la la, la la." Fluttershy sang. She then heard a chirp come from a rock, Which startled her into hiding behind a basket. She peeked back out and a small round, blue creature, with insect like wings and four legs came out and showed itself. It opened its eyes and revealed two large green ones.

"Hello, little guy. I've never seen anything like you before." Fluttershy said as she got close to it.

The small creature fluttered over to one of the apples that was not in the basket. Sniffing it and letting out a little whimper.

"Are you hungry?" She asked it. She walked over to the Apple, stood on it and crushed it before pushing it over to the creature.

"Here you go." She offered. The creature flew over the Apple and then started to eat the entire batch of apples that was right next to the singular one. It flew back over to Fluttershy.

"I guess you were hungry." She said as she smiled at the creature. The creature then nuzzled into her mane. Purring happily.

"You're the one of cutest things ever! I can't wait to show you to my friends." Fluttershy said as she began trotting off to town.


My Little Pony,
My Big Changeling too
Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh…

[Bandit]
(My Little Pony)

We used to wonder what friendship could be
(My Big Changeling too)

[Twilight Sparkle]
Until you all shared its magic with me

[Rainbow Dash]
Big adventure

[Pinkie Pie]
Tons of fun

[Rarity]
A beautiful heart

[Applejack]
Faithful and strong

[Fluttershy]
Sharing kindness!

[Lightning Sprint]
Motivate the team

[Bandit]
Heroics makes it all complete
You have my little ponies
Do you know you're all my very best friends?


In the library, Bandit and Chad were just finished cleaning their own rooms as they looked at the books sprawled on the floor.

"Oh! Hurry up, Spike! This place isn't gonna clean itself." Twilight said.

"It also didn't mess itself up." Spike said as he picked up a stack of books. As Twilight was dusting off every surface she saw.

"Twily, you don't have to be so worried. Mom is just visiting her sons." Chad reassured.

"I'm gonna pulverize that loudmouth who let the whole town know she was coming." Bandit said, who was actually the mail pony Care Package, who was outside his door as he said that. Care Package slowly backed away from the door after leaving the mail.

"This isn't just a visit. There is nothing casual about a visit from royalty." Twilight said.

"Twi. She is visiting her sons." Bandit emphasized.

"I want this place to be spotless, and you guys barely made a dent in the clutter." Twilight said.

"Speak for yourself. I cleaned every room until it looked better then when we moved in. Except for this one right here would you have a habit of not reading 1 book at a time. At least if you're gonna do that, have it neatly stacked." Bandit said. Twilight groaned and kept cleaning. Chad's shell shook and he quickly positioned himself for Spike to fall on his back, in front of the ladder.

Spike promptly landed on his back "Thanks." Twilight got over to them all.

“Everything’s got to be perfect. No time for fooling around!” She emphasized.

"Twilight this isn't- oh forget it. I'm gonna go check on the preparations." Bandit said as he walked out.

"I'll come with you." Twilight said as she gave the duster to Spike. The two began walking out. Chad and Spike looked at each other.

"Bet I can clean faster than you." Chad said.

"You're on." Spike said as he started to dust faster. Chad started cleaning up the books.


The two got to the park and so far the decorations looked spectacular. The trees were decorated with bells and ribbons. Twilight seemed satisfied with how everyone is doing with the decorations. Bandit was just annoyed as he deemed all this unnecessary. A pair of female ponies lifted two poles with a cloth between the top of the two.

"Welcome Princess Celest?" Bandit asked as he started to snicker.

“What happened to the rest of her name?” Twilight asked them.

“We couldn’t fit it all in.” One of them said. Bandit had to double take at this one.

"Wait, didn't I see you with Derpy in town?" Bandit asked her. Before she could answer, Twilight spoke up again.

"You can’t hang a banner that says ‘Welcome, Princess Celest.' Take it down, and try again.” Twilight told them before she ran off to check on the other preparations with Bandit following her. She stopped near Bon Bon, who was watering the plants.

“That looks perfect. Keep up the good work.” Twilight complemented Bon Bon before running off. Bandit leaned in to whisper to Bon Bon.

"Psst, Celestia's second favorite flowers are yellow tulips." He whispered. He was about to walk away. But Bon Bon called back in a panic.

"Wait wait! Then what are her favorites!?" She exclaimed.

"Oh no. That is a secret that only I, and as of recently Luna, will ever know. No exceptions." Bandit said as he walked off.

"But-"

"No exceptions!" He said as he continued walking. Bon bon started giving the yellow tulips extra care.


Bandit ran and caught up with Twilight at Sugar cube corner. Inside, Mr. And Mrs. Cake were still making and baking treats. Most of the treats made already had bites out of them.

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Cake. How’s the banquet coming?” Twilight asked them. Bandit peeked in over her.

“Uh, it would be coming a little better i-if…” Mrs. Cake looked at the deserts, which all looked like somepony took a bite off of each one. Their eyes settled on a pink cake with a yellow crown on it. Said cake was gobbled by Pinkie who wore the crown now. After eating the cake, she had a frosting beard, which she ended up licking off.

“Pinkie! What are you doing?! Those sweets are supposed to be for the Princess!” Twilight told Pinkie.

“I-I know. That’s why I’m tasting them. Company needs to make sure that everything is tasty enough to touch the royal tongue." Pinkie started, touching her tongue as she said that. "And I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king. Or a Queen. Or a Princess!” Pinkie exclaimed before she ran over to another cake.

"Are you sure you were taste testing? Because this looks like you attended the Sin of Gluttony's school of feasting." Bandit pointed out.

"Bandit, Twilight, Pinkie! You won’t believe-!” Fluttershy started as she ran in, she then slid to a stop and looked at them. They turned to the front door to see her come in. “Oh, I’m sorry. Uh, am I interrupting?” She asked.

“No, not at all. Come on in and make yourself at home.” Pinkie Pie replied before she opened her mouth to eat the cake. Without looking, Bandit moved the cake out of reach, as Pinkie kept going after it, he kept moving it.

"What's going on Fluttershy?" Twilight asked.

“You won’t believe what I found at the edge of the Everfree Forest.” Fluttershy told them before she looked at her mane. “Come on out, little guy. It’s okay.” She said. The cute blue bug popped out of Fluttershy’s mane and flew on her back. Two more of the same creature flew out as well. One of them was yellow while the other was brown. “Three.” Fluttershy gasped.

Bandit doubletaked at them and dropped the cake, directly into Pinkie's mouth, slowly beginning to drool.

Fluttershy didn't see Bandit's action and smiled. "Hold on. There was only-"

They all screamed and hid back in Fluttershy's mane.

"What's wrong? Was it something I said?" Fluttershy asked.

"Fluttershy, Do you know what those things are?" Bandit asked.

"N-Not really. Do you?" Fluttershy asked, slightly nervous.

"I do. These creatures are very well below me in the food chain if you get my drift." Bandit said as he licked his lips. Fluttershy quickly put it all together and gasped, protecting them.

"What?" Bandit asked.

"You're not going to try and-" she began.

"I’ll take one of your hooves. I’ve never seen anything so adorable since Chad and Spike were babies.” Twilight offered. The bugs didn't move until Bandit got out of sight. One came out and landed on Twilight's hooves. "Besides, it’ll be nice to have a companion for Spike and Chad so they won’t bother me so much while I’m studying."

"Chad, Klaw or Fang will de-" Bandit was gonna say before Twilight shoved a hoof in his mouth.

“Pinkie, do you want the other one?” Fluttershy asked her.

Pinkie Pie stuck her tongue out in disgust. “Ugh! A parasprite?! Are you kidding?!” She said before she walked past them.

"Ugh?” Fluttershy said in confusion.

“A para-what?” Twilight asked confused.

“How could you not like…” Fluttershy said before Pinkie spoke up.

“Ugh! Now I gotta go find a trombone!” Pinkie Pie told us. None of them knew what she meant.

“A what?” Twilight asked.

“A trombone. You know.” Pinkie said before she imitated playing the trombone and left.

“Typical Pinkie.” Twilight said, rolling her eyes. The bug with Twilight flew next to her head. Bandit crept up on it before it noticed. It flew back into her mane and Twilight looked at Bandit unamused.


Meanwhile, Rarity was dressing up Lightning Sprint in the boutique, Who kept moving her hooves.

"Stand still, Lightning Sprint." Rarity scolded.

"Rarity. I can't!" She began to fly, but Rarity held her tail. "I neeeeeeed to fly and be up in the air. This is waaaay too boring." Lightning Sprint complained.

"Do you want to look nice for Princess Celestia or not?" Rarity asked.

"Again. Not that kind of visit." Bandit said from the door. He and Twilight had walked in.

Lightning Sprint began blushing out of embarrassment upon seeing Bandit and Twilight. "Could this day get any more embarrassing?"

"Yes. Yes it can." Rainbow dash said as she flew in and took pictures.

"Wait! Dash don't!" She tried shielding her face. She kept taking the pictures, Bandit grabbed the camera and smashed it against the wall.

"Hey!" Rainbow dash exclaimed.

"Note to self. When Rarity offers you cookies, say no." Lightning Sprint muttered.

"You fell for that?" Bandit and Rainbow dash asked.

"What? I can never resist them!" She revealed.

"Note to self, Lightning Sprint can be easily swayed by cookies." Bandit smirked.

"Hey! You can't-" Lightning tried to say, Bandit offered a chocolate chip cookie. She gasped and looked at it, her tail beginning to wag.

"Want a cookie?" Bandit asked her. She nodded, completely fixated on it, her tail wagging faster. Bandit tossed it to her and Lightning Sprint sprang on it like a puppy would a chew toy.

"Oh I am so gonna remember this." Rainbow dash said with a snicker.

“Wow! Rarity, those outfits are gorgeous.” Twilight said, admiring the clothes Rarity made. Lightning Sprint and Rainbow dash did not show the same thought. One more so than the other.

Rarity giggled. "Thank you, Twilight. Nice to know someone appreciates my talents.” Rarity said smiling.

Lightning Sprint brought her hooves to her eyes and groans. “So boring!” She complained.

Just then, the critter is Twilight’s mane chortled, getting all attention.

“Huh?” Rarity said walking up to Twilight.

“What’s that sound, Twilight?” Rainbow Dash asked, flying behind Twilight.

"Your mane makes noise now?" Lightning Sprint asked as she flew in front of Twilight.

The insect popped out of Twilight’s mane. except it was pink. It flew out of Twilight’s mane, revealing three other insects with it. Blue, the original yellow one, pink and green.

“Wow! What are they?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“The better question is, where did they come from? I only had one a minute ago.” Twilight said, a little concerned.

“I-I’ll take one!” Rainbow Dash said, grabbing one and smiling.

“Me too! Oh, they’re perfect!” Rarity said, admiring how cute they were. Bandit was eyeing the green one, which quickly flew to Lightning Sprint for protection.

"I uh… guess I'll get one too." Lightning said.

"I should probably warn all of you that-" Bandit tried to say before Pinkie walked in.

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie came through the door. “Does Anypony know where I can find an accordion?!” She asked, but everypony else was too busy with their own cute bugs.

"The music shop. Should be the 5th building to the left of the jewelry shop." Bandit said.

"Thank you!" Pinkie said before running off.


At night, Bandit and Twilight were getting ready to head to sleep, while also admiring The clean up work that Spike and Chad managed to do. The parasprite was sleeping next to Spike, with his bed next to Twilight's for once so not to be spooked by Chad. Bandit went to sleep as fast as he could, so as not to be on the end of Twilight's worrying. Twilight was still just awake and a bit worried.

"Oh, the decorations, the banquet. I really hope everything comes together in time for tomorrow.” Twilight said, looking out the window. She then looked at Spike, the parasprite, Bandit and smiled, letting out a yawn.

“What’s there to worry about?” Twilight said before heading to bed. Bandit woke up facehoofed and went back to sleep.


The next morning, growling, hissing and flapping wings were the first things heard. When Twilight woke up, she found herself surrounded by sleeping parasprites. Spike was suffering the same thing.

"Spike!" She exclaimed as she toppled out of the bed. She zipped over to spike, who was still sleeping. "Wake up! What happened!?"

He woke up, And found himself currently unable to open his eyes due to the Parasprites being in them. He yelled, and took them out, now noticing the chaos that was before them. "What's going on?"

"Where did they come from?" Twilight asked.

“I don’t know. The little guy got hungry in the night. So I gave him a snack, but I have no idea where these others came from.” Spike said.

Suddenly parasprites started messing up Twilight’s room. They were pulling the books off of the shelves. “Oh, no! They’re messing up all mine and Chad's hard work!” Spike exclaimed.

“The Princess will be here in a few hours!” Twilight said.

Spike tried to grab a parasprite carrying a letter, but he missed. Twilight grabbed a duster with her magic and got them to drop the objects the parasprites were carrying.

"Spike! Go get Bandit and Chad, hurry!" Twilight said. Spike ran downstairs and upstairs and slid to a stop as he saw that the downstairs was completely untouched.

"Whoa... What happened to all the Parasprites?" Spike asked. Chad let out a burp.

"There you go." Chad answered. Spike coughed a little.

"Augh, they did a number on your breath." Spike said as he plugged his nose. Chad smirked and got in his face.

"Hhhhhhhhhuh? Hhhhhow did you say my breath was?" Chad asked as he chased him around. Twilight grabbed them both in her magic, having come downstairs.

They both groaned.

"We know. We know. 'Stop fooling around'." Chad and Spike said at the same time.


Meanwhile in the Cloudominium, Rainbow Dash was resting peacefully before soon waking up. As she did, she saw a parasprite looking at her. She smiled in turn, but the smile turned to confusion when another one popped up. And then another one. She lifted her head and saw that she was surrounded by parasprites.

"Huh?" She asked as she was soon cuddled by the parasprites. She swatted them back, but they came right back to her.

"Aaaaaah!" She exclaimed as she flew upwards, swatting the bugs away before flying to get away from her. She flew a couple of feet and turned back to swat her hooves to keep the parasprites at bay. They stuck to her hooves.

"Get off me!" She exclaimed as she shook them off. This worked, but they got right back onto her head. She swatted them off her head. They reattached to her body, one upper body, the other below body. She swatted them away again, But they attached themselves to below her mouth, making it look like a beard. This time when she tried to shake them off, they didn't move.

"Aaaaah!" She exclaimed as she started to fly away. The parasprites not attached to her flew after her.


Inside of Rarity's boutique, the parasprites were helping her with the outfits and was unbothered by the numbers. Two parasprites were holding a fabric sheet up in front of her.

"Not only are you adorable, but you're also quite useful." Rarity said as she rubbed under a yellow one's chin. The yellow one purred before seemingly starting to gag, worrying Rarity.

"Oh! Are you okay?" Rarity asked. Then out came something squishy, brown, and messy, colliding with Rarity's eye. "Aah!" She exclaimed.

She gasped before pulling it off. "Eww!" The results of what could have been assumed as the parasprite's lunch soon revealed itself to be a parasprite. Rarity shrieked and swatted it away.

"Gross gross gross! No creature that behaves so revoltingly is allowed in my boutique." She scolded. Seconds after she said that, the Brown one ended up hacking out a lavender one. With one final shriek, that was the last straw with Rarity.


As Rarity Began walking out of her Boutique with a bag full of Parasprites, Pinkie pie bounced over to her.

"Look Rarity, Applejack loaned me a harmonica." She said before playing a tune on it. "Isn't that great?" A parasprite chirped in Rarity's bag, before she closed it again. Pinkie let out a gasp.

"And not a moment too soon." She said. Rarity took a step back.

"Ugh, Pinkie, I'm a little busy right now." Rarity dismissed.

"And I'm not? You know how many more instruments I've gotta find? A lot, that's how many. Now if we split the list between us, we might just make it in time." Pinkie said, wrapping a hoof around her. Rarity moved away from her.

"Please, Pinkie, I don't have time for some silly scavenger hunt. I've got a real problem." Rarity said as she started walking off.

"You've got a real problem, all right. And a banjo is the only answer!" Pinkie exclaimed before running off. Rarity rolled her eyes.


Twilight was running towards Fluttershy's cottage as Bandit ran behind her, ready to devour any parasprites that came out of that bad. She slid to a stop as she saw Rarity arrive at the same stop. She noticed her bag shaking.

"I see we're having the same problem." Rarity remarked.

"Ditto!" Rainbow Dash screamed, flying past with the Parasprites on her tail. She shook the ones off her face and kept flying off. Lightning looked around before climbing out of her tree. She was lucky enough to avoid the parasprites line of sight.

"Fluttershy knows everything about animals." said Twilight Sparkle, "I'm sure she can tell us how to stop them from multiplying."

"Let's hurry!" Lightning Sprint

They all ran along the path until they reached Fluttershy's cottage, but before they could even open the door, a flood of Parasprites came out, nearly knocking them over. They quickly moved out of the way. "…or not."

The parasprites flew in a wide circle to avoid Bandit.


Inside the house, Twilight, Bandit, Rarity, Lightning, and Rainbow, stared in horror at the sight of the multiple Parasprites that were flying around the interior and Fluttershy was trying to stop them without any real luck.

"Ugh, do something Fluttershy, can't you control them?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"I've tried everything I know." Fluttershy confessed, ducking as one of the Parasprites flew past with her frying pan. "I've tried begging, and pleading, and beseeching, and asking politely and…" she trailed off and shrugged.

Rainbow dash let out a grunt before Twilight's imagination began to give her the worst case scenario.

She imagined Celestia arriving, only to be carried away by the quantity of Parasprites, screaming.

"If we can't get them under control before the princess arrives, it'll be a total disaster," she moaned.

Rarity cringed when one of the Parasprites hacked up gunk that turned into a new Parasprite. "Ew! If you ask me, it's already a total disaster."

Just then, Applejack arrived with a cart filled with apples. "Here's all those apples you wanted, Fluttershy, but I still can't figure why'd ya need so many." she remarked, yelping when the Parasprites suddenly consumed the apples. "Hey!"

"What do we do?" Fluttershy wondered fearfully.

Bandit lifted his hoof for a suggestion before Twilight got an idea. "I got it! Nopony can herd like Applejack….well, except Bandit but-"

"We get it." Rainbow dash interrupted. "We can drive 'em back into the forest."

Applejack unhooked herself from the wagon and scoffed. "I'll rastle 'em up, but I need everypony's help to do it." She told them. "Twilight, you, and Rarity wait over there. I'll herd the little critters straight at ya like a funnel. Bandit, you, Lightning Sprint, Rainbow dash and Fluttershy stay on top of 'em, don't let 'em fly away."

"None will get past us." Bandit said as he flew upwards.

"Yeeeeeee-haw!" Applejack called out and she began herding the Parasprites, which were screeching as she and her friends herded them all into a large ball, and then they started rolling the ball down the path toward the Everfree Forest.

"Alright y'all, here goes nothin'. Look out Rarity, that one's fixin' to get away." She warned when one tried to sneak out, but Rarity managed to stop it.

"Keep a lead on 'em, Lightning Sprint!" she called out as another one tried to fly away. Before Lightning could do anything, Bandit swallowed that one.

"I will never get used to you doing that." Rainbow dash said.

"Probably best if we don't." Lightning Sprint said with a shrug.

Twilight, in front of the parasprite ball, was surprised when she was joined by Pinkie Pie. "Pinkie!"

"Twilight, we don't have much time," Pinkie Pie announced.

"You're telling me," Twilight Sparkle agreed. "The princess could arrive at any moment."

Pinkie Pie nodded. "Exactly. That's why I need you girls and guy to drop what you're doing and help me find some maracas."

"Maracas?" Twilight Sparkle repeated. "Pinkie, we've got much bigger problems than-" Twilight started, but Bandit spoke up.

"Check with Chad, he has some maracas you can borrow. Keyword borrow." Bandit said as he swallowed another stray one.

"Thanks Bandit you're the best! Now I need to find a tuba! Follow me!" Pinkie said as she zipped off. Nobody moved, resulting in her doubling back. "I said follow me."

"Pinkie Pie, you are so random." Rainbow Dash remarked.

"And you are all so stubborn!" Pinkie Pie snapped.

"Pinkie, find Chad. He'll help you." Bandit told her. Pinkie saluted and ran off.

"Can you not humor her?" Twilight asked.

"She knows what she's doing." Bandit said.

Applejack shook her head as she kept up the herding. "Forget her ladies. Focus. Head 'em up and move 'em out." And they sent the Parasprite ball rolling into the forest, and out of sight.

"All right!" Rainbow Dash cheered, hitting her hooves with Fluttershy, who winced a little.

"Ouch." Fluttershy said, making Rainbow dash feel bad.

Lightning Sprint hoofbumped Bandit who grabbed her and noogied her mane.

"We did it," Twilight Sparkle said happily. "Nice work, Applejack."

"Couldn't have it without y'all," Applejack agreed.

"You know they're gonna be back right?" Bandit asked.

"How could you be so sure?"

"Parasprites are very persistent. That and I haven't eaten all of them." Bandit answered.

"Let's use this time to get back and clean up the mess they made before the princess arrives." Twilight said.


It wasn't long before they were back at the house and had gone over what they would need to do in order to have everything ready.

"Okay, everyone knows what to do, right?" Bandit asked. Everyone nodded in response. "Friendly reminder, it doesn't have to be spot less. Just-"

"The princess deserves perfection." Twilight said.

"Twi-" Bandit was interrupted when Fluttershy opened the door to her home, gasping and ducking when millions of Parasprites flooded out.

"Again!? Seriously!?" Lightning Sprint exclaimed.

Twilight Sparkle ducked to keep from being hit. "Where did they come from?"

"Well, I may have kept just one." Fluttershy confessed, revealing a yellow Parasprite that'd been hiding in her mane. None of the others were happy.

"Heh. I couldn't help myself. They're just so cute." She said. Bandit walked over and ate the one she kept. Fluttershy gasped as a result.

"Fluttershy, I don't mean to be a jerk. But you brought that on yourself." Bandit told her.

"We don't have time to keep rounding up these things. Bandit won't be able to every single one before the Princess gets here." Twilight Sparkle complained. "What do we do now?"

Rainbow dash and Lightning Sprint flew down with goggles one their heads.

"We call in the weather patrol." They both said. They took to the skies and looked down at the chaos.

"Ready to take out the adorable trash?" Rainbow dash asked.

"You know it." Lightning Sprint answered. They put their guards on, hoofbumped and flew down. Flying in circles so as to create a massive tornado strong enough to suck in all though parasprites. Bandit used his magic to hold everyone else still.

"Looks like our problems are solved," Applejack commented as the last of the Parasprites were sucked into the tornado.

"They will be with these cymbals." said a trotting Pinkie Pie with a pair of symbols in front of her. cymbals, only to have them get sucked away into the tornado. "Hey! Give me those back!"

Inside the tornado, Rainbow Dash and Lightning Sprint were getting ready to redirect it toward the Everfree Forest, but then they found themselves being attacked by the flying cymbals.

"Whoa. Yaa! Yow! Whoa! Wow! I can't hold it!" Lightning yelped before the cymbals ended up knocking her out of the tornado, crashing into a tree. Rainbow dash was still trying to dodge the cymbals, but the tornado itself launched her out and into the ground.

"She's breaking up." Rainbow exclaimed as she watched helplessly. The tornado dissolved with the Parasprites flying toward the town in the distance.

The others, with the exception of Bandit looked at Pinkie, very unhappy.

"Pinkie Pie, what have you done?" Twilight Sparkle asked, alarmed.

"I've lost Chad's pair of cymbals, that's what I've done." Pinkie Pie complained. "You know how mad he's gonna be at me!?"

"Will you forget about your silly instruments for one second?" Twilight Sparkle snapped. "You're ruining our efforts to save Ponyville."

Pinkie Pie stared at Twilight shocked, like she'd grown a second head. "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruin-ee! Or is it ruiness? Ruinette?" she pondered.

"Ruined." Bandit helped her.

"That's the word!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Come on girls, there's no reasoning with that one," Applejack grumbled. "She's a few apples short of a bushel." And they ran off toward Ponyville.

"Hey!" Pinkie Pie shouted after them. "I'm trying to tell you all that the ruining is on the other hoof. If you'd just slow down and listen to me!"

Bandit walked over to her.

"Pinkie. We gotta talk about your ability to communicate." Bandit started. Then Chad walked over.

"Pinkie, I found the tuba you needed." Chad said. Pinkie looked at Bandit, slightly afraid.

"Don't look at me. I didn't lose his cymbals." Bandit said. Chad's eyes widened.


By the time that the six ponies reached the town, the Parasprites were already consuming everything edible from slices of cakes to the gardens, alarming the ponies, and creating all kinds of chaos in the process.

"What do we do?" Fluttershy wondered, now wishing that she'd never befriended a Parasprite in the first place. "They're eating all the food in town."

Applejack gasped and she ran off toward Sweet Apple Acres. "My apples!"

"We've gotta do something," Twilight Sparkle muttered and got another idea. "I got it! I'll cast a spell to make them stop eating all the food." She then cast the spell, which hit all of the Parasprites and they stopped their eating.

Out by Fluttershy's cottage, Bandit was still explaining to Pinkie, meanwhile, Chad was searching for his cymbals.

"...so you have to tell them why you need to get those-" Bandit started before seeing the spell from where he was sitting. His pupils shrank.

"Oh no." Bandit said.

"What's wrong?" Pinkie asked.

"Pinkie quick! What other instruments do you need!" Bandit exclaimed. Pinkie gave him the list. He took off to the library and brought out the wagon of dead sticks.


Twilight Sparkle held her breath as one of the Parasprites flew over to an apple and sniffed it, but turned away from it, refusing to eat the fruit, and she sighed with relief. Then the Parasprite suddenly ate the nearby basket instead, spitting out the apple. Soon the rest of the Parasprites were going after everything that wasn't food.

"Hey, it worked," Rainbow Dash said sarcastically. "They're not eating the food anymore." Twilight lowered her head sheepishly.

"There's a cruel irony about this situation that I'm missing here." Lightning Sprint said. (A/N: Last episode they judge someone based on their appearance, thinking they're bad simply because of how menacing they looked, Here they judged a creature based on how they looked and the exact opposite happened.)

"Oh no… if they get inside my store… Everypony for herself!" Rarity screamed, running off to save the boutique. But it was too late, by the time she reached the boutique, she was alarmed to find that the Parasprites had gotten there first, and they were consuming the clothing and her supplies. "My outfits!" She exclaimed, watching them consume the clothing on the mannequins. She got over to one of the parasprites and tried to swat it away.

"Go on, shoo! Get out of here, you naughty! Naughty!" she shouted, trying to chase it away. This was until the Parasprite coughed up gunk to create a new one, and she jumped on top of a stool, shrieking.

Pinkie Pie ran into the boutique at that very moment. "I'll save you!" She declared. Instead of helping Rarity, who was happy to see her, she raced over to pick up a recorder, and then ran back out, leaving Rarity to let out a scream.


Over at Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack had set up a barricade with the help of Big Mac and Granny Smith, and they were prepared to defend their farm and their apples, armed with a swatter, and a rake.

"No woodland creature's gonna eat the Apple Family's crop." she declared. The parasprites were seen heading right for them.

"Brace yourselves y'all! Here they come!" She said as she pulled out her own weapon of apple defense. However, the trio stared in shock when the Parasprites flew by, ignoring the apple trees, and consumed the barn instead. All of them were so shocked that they dropped their defense tools.

"Didn't see that one comin'." Applejack admitted.


By the time that Twilight Sparkle got back to the library, the Parasprites were already there, attacking the books and scrolls, and poor Spike was hiding under his basket, to protect him from falling books. "Help!

Twilight stared in shock as she watched one parasprite like the words out of a book.

"Chad left for 5 minutes and then this happened!" Spike exclaimed.

"They're eating the words!" Twilight exclaimed as she watched another one slurp up words like spaghetti.

She jumped up and caught one by its wings and raced back out. Once again leaving Spike, who peeked out.

"Help.." He whimpered out.


Twilight ran as fast as she could to through Everfree forest, to Zecora's hut.

Inside her hut, Zecora was balancing upside-down on a stick and mediating when the door was slammed open by Twilight Sparkle, and she toppled to the floor with a pained yelp.

"Ugh. Have you gone mad?" She angrily, getting up.

Twilight Sparkle released the Parasprite so that she could talk. Who glared at her before turning to Zecora.

"Zecora, these little guys are devouring Ponyville, and the princess is on her way. Can you help us, please?" she asked desperately.

Zecora stared at the red creature as it flew over and landed on her nose. Her ears flopped.

"Oh, monster of so little size. Is that a Parasprite before my eyes?" she inquired, staring at it until it flew off.

"I don't know!" Twilight Sparkle said in a panic. "Is it?"

"Tales of crops and harvests consumed." Zecora started, recalling what she knew of the creatures as the red parasprite reproduced a pink version. "If these creatures are in Ponyville, you're doomed." Twilight let out a gulp.


Exiting the Everfree Forest, Twilight Sparkle grunted and waved off two Parasprites with her tail when she saw in the distance the carriage of Celestia flying from Canterlot.

"Oh no, here she comes." She raced back into the town, where the ponies were fleeing from the Parasprites. The stress began to get to her, and her mane began to be frazzled.

"Okay, here's the plan. Lightning Sprint, you distract them." she instructed as the blue pegasus flew past, screaming with Parasprites on her tail.

"Good. Everyone else, we need to build an exact copy of Ponyville right over there," she ordered, pointing at a random location. "We've got less than a minute."

The chaos was still happening, a house was even thrown in the distance. With utter chaos happening, she finally hung her head in defeat.

"Zecora was right, we're doomed." She then heard fanfare and looked toward the edge of the town. "Oh no, the princess's procession is here. It's all over!"

Instead of the princess however, it was Pinkie with a wide assortment of instruments. A tuba, an accordion, a banjo, a harmonica and a pair of tambourines. Behind her was Chad, who was also playing a fair share of instruments, ranging from the cymbals, a recorder, a bass drum, a trumpet, a recorder and a sousaphone. The two of them were playing polka music as they walked past.

"Pinkie? Chad? We're in the middle of a crisis here. This is no time for your… nonsense?" she began and trailed off when she saw the Parasprites stopped eating and, bouncing in time to the music, began following. Bandit finally caught up, his horn red but turning normal as he walked into sight.

Twilight walked over to the other five and shrugged. Soon, they were following Pinkie and Chad as they led the parasprites towards the Everfree forest.

Bandit flew close behind them. Just then, the carriage carrying Princess Celestia landed not far from them.

"Look!" Twilight pointed out. The group ran past Chad and Pinkie and stopped in front of the carriage.

As the ponies bowed, Bandit ran out in front and trotted to Celestia.

"Bandit, my dear little nymph." Celestia said as Bandit gave her a hug.

"Hey momma." Bandit said as he let go.

"So lovely to see you again, as well as your friends." Princess Celestia commented, briefly distracted by Chad crashing cymbals together. As she looked, Chad stopped and waved at her, running over to hug her hoof as the instruments continued to move on their own as if he was still right there. After the hug, he ran back to the instruments and slid back into the spot like he never left.

"How was your trip?" Bandit asked. Celestia giggled a little before looking at Bandit.

"Parasprite infestation?" Celestia asked him.

"That's putting it lightly." Bandit chuckled.

"I bet you had quite the buffet before deciding to have them parade out." Celestia responded with a wink.

"About that-" Bandit tried to say.

"But as much as I would like to catch up, I'm afraid these adorable little creatures are causing trouble in Fillydelphia." Celestia said. Bandit was quiet for a moment.

"Sooo, that means the eagles aren't playing this Sunday?" Bandit asked, Celestia booped his nose.

"Don't get your hopes up." She said as she walked back to the carriage. "Before I have to go, would you both care to give me your latest reports on the magic of friendship in person?" She inquired.

"Actually, I do. learned that sometimes the solution to your problems can come from where you least expect it. It's a good idea to stop and listen to your friends' opinions and perspectives…" Bandit said, he winched as the cymbals crashed again. "Even when they don't always seem to make sense."

"I hope Chad's ears are okay." Celestia said as she looked at him.

"He's fine, he put hearing protection in this time." Bandit said. Celestia smiled before giving Bandit a kiss on the forehead.

"I'm so proud of you and Twilight. I'm very impressed with your friends as well. It sounds like you're all learning so much from each other." Celestia said.

"Thank you mother." Bandit said. And with that, the carriage was lifted away to do with the problem in the city. The seven walked over to Pinkie as the last parasprites entered the forest. Pinkie and Chad stopped playing.

"Hey, what happened to the princess?" she asked.

"Emergency in Fillydelphia." Lightning Sprint told her.

"Some sort of infestation." Rainbow Dash added with a smile.

"Oh no!" Pinkie Pie gasped. "Have they got Parasprites too? Well, have tuba and Chad, will travel."

She started to leave, but Bandit stopped her.

"Don't worry, momma can handle it." Bandit told her. Chad took the ear plugs out.

"So you knew what those critters were all along, huh Pinkie Pie?" Applejack inquired.

Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes. "Well, duh! Why do you think I was so frantic to get my hooves on all these instruments? I tried to tell you."

"We know, Pinkie Pie, and we're sorry we didn't listen." Twilight Sparkle apologized as did their friends.

"Well, I wasn't exactly explaining why I needed them. Would've been easier if I was a little teeny bit more clear." Pinkie said with a sheepish smile.

"Well regardless, you're a great friend, even if we don't always understand you." Bandit told her.

"Thanks guys, you're all great friends too, even when I don't understand me." Pinkie Pie replied.

"Now if you'll excuse me. I have to pay a visit to care package, and give him a little lesson on keeping his mouth shut." Bandit said as he flew off. Twilight turned back to Pinkie after watching Bandit fly away.

"You saved our reputation with Princess Celestia, and more importantly, you saved Ponyville," Twilight Sparkle added, as they returned to the town, only to see just how much damage had been caused by the creatures. "…Or not."

Chad played the sad tone on a trombone.

"Hey! I was looking for that!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Author's Note:

As the only episode written by M.A. Larson that I do not like, I think I can say that this was a pain in the patootie.

But I managed to get it done. I hope you guys like it, and be sure to comment and fav.