• Published 8th Nov 2019
  • 1,224 Views, 16 Comments

Silent Dawn - Blueelectric

  • ...
6
 16
 1,224

Ch.11:Playing In The Rain

Silent went out to get some more groceries. She notice the sky was starting to gray. She went into the store and grab stuff to make a salad.

She paid for the groceries and when she went out of the store, it started to drizzle. It started to downpour as she hurried home. She rushed inside and put the groceries up. She decided to make chocolate chip cookies.

She mixed up the batter, when she heard the door open. "I'm home!" Shouted a familiar voice. She turn and noticed Aria is back. Aria met her eyes and smiled. She walked up to her and gave her a hug. "Are you making cookies?" Asked the purple siren as Silent hugged her back. Silent nodded. "Can I help? I love making cookies."

Silent smiled and nodded. "Sweet!" Aria cheered. She went to the fridge and got out some chocolate chips. She put some in the batter as Silent fold them in. Silent got out two sheet pans and grease them. She then got two small ice cream scoops and handed one to Aria.

They both take turns scooping the cookie dough and placed each amount on both pans two inches apart. They took each pan and put them in the oven. Aria met Silent's gaze with a smile. "And now we wait." Silent blushed.

Every time she was around Aria, her heart starts to flutter and her palms started to get sweaty. She haven't felt like that around anybody before. All her life, she was in pain and fear. But when she met Aria, all of that went away. She felt safe around her.

Aria smiled as she shared the left over batter with, Silent. She know she had a crush on the pretty girl. It started really small when she met her after she trip over her trash can. It progresses over time when Silent invite her and her sisters to live in her home after they been evicted from their apartments.

After the Battle Of The Bands, no one had show such kindness to them. Sure, the Rainbooms offer their friendship and forgiveness, but the rest of the school never give them that options. But Silent stepped in and helped them, even after what had happen to her. After that her feelings grow. Silent had been through so much, but Aria had seen her strength and her perseverance. Why not admire her for it?

She smiled as she gazed at her creamy brown skin and golden streaked hair. Plus, she's pretty attractive too "Didn't I tell you, that you got a cute snore when you sleep?" Aria asked with a smirk. Silent's eyes shot wide in shock, her mouth dropped open and her face was beet red. Aria giggled at her reaction. "Chill Si, I am just messing with you." Silent scowled and gave her a playful punch on the shoulder. "Hey!" she said with a laugh.

They turn as the door opened. Sonata and Adagio came in drenched. "It's raining like cats and frogs out there!" Sonata panted. "Cats and dogs." Adagio corrected. "That's what a said!" Sonata snapped. Adagio and Aria just roll their eyes. "Anyways, I was just thinking after dinner, we could go outside and play in it." The blue skinned siren added.

Adagio look at her in shock. "No way! You know how rain does with hair like mine!" "Come on, Dagi! It's been hot all day and I been dying to play in it." Sonata whined. Adagio sighed in defeat. "Fine. But I'm only staying out there for a few minutes, you three can do what you want."

Sonata sniffed the room. "Do I smell chocolate chip cookies?" She asked with her mouth drooling. At the same time the oven timer dinged. Silent got on her oven mitts and pulled out two pans full of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. She got out two cooling racks and place the cookies on it to cool.

She got her notebook from her pocket and wrote,"We'll eat these after we played in the rain." Tears started to fall from her face. "My mother always made me chocolate chip cookies when I was little. I made these to remind me a simpler times with her." She felt a pair of arms around her and turn to find Aria holding on to her.

Silent smiled a little and hugged back. She felt two more pair of arms around her and all four of them stayed like that for a few minutes in comfort. Aria gently lifted her head with her finger and wiped her eyes. "Let's make dinner." She suggested. Aria marveled how soft her skin felt.

Silent got the ingredients for the salad, while Aria grab the cups and the lemonade. The three sirens talk for a bit as Silent concentrate on her salad. She left her head up as she felt a hand on hers. Her heart fluttered a little as Aria smiled sweetly at her her.

After dinner, they went out to the backyard. The rain was still pouring down quite a bit. Aria and Sonata ran right in it, splashing each other with puddle water. Adagio told her she's heading back inside. Silent nodded and continued to watch them, smiling at their sisterly antics.

Aria paused and beckoned her to join them. Silent walk forward and hesitated as she felt the cool water on her. Aria walked toward her and grabbed her hand. "Come on and join me. Sure it's fun with Sonata, but I want my best friend with me." Silent smiled as she gaze at her friends face. She looks like a puppy, begging her. So she gripped her hand and follow her.

Aria paused and splash her with a puddle. Silent widened her eyes as she was drenched. The purple siren stayed still, waiting for her reaction. Then Silent pounced on her, pushing her in the water.

Aria gazed up at friend, flustered as she notice Silent had pinned her down. The mute girl was wearing a smirk on her face. Then she smiled and reached up to tuck a strain of gold streak hair behind her ear. "I guess I deserved that." She lowered her hand a little to stroke her cheek with a thumb.

She grinned sheepishly. "Do you know how beautiful you look wet?" She giggled as Silent's creamy brown cheeks turn to a bright red. She leaned up and pressed her forehead against her own. She paused to drown herself in her friend's gorgeous eyes.

Silent felt herself lost into her friend's eyes. She felt her heart skipped a little as she saw the love in them. Aria's gaze then traveled to her lips. She felt her hand on her chin. But as Aria got a little closer, she felt a heavy weight gently knocking her off and onto the wet ground. "Sonata!" Aria groaned. The siren just laughed.

Aria noticed Silent shivering. "Let's head inside and dry off." She got up and helped Silent get on to her feet. "Okay! I want some cookies!" Sonata cheered.

They went inside and gathered by the fire, eating cookies and milk. Suddenly, Silent felt her heart pounding and her chest was starting to hurt. She tried to ignore it, but it was getting worst. Eyes widened she wrote in her notebook to excuse herself and she rushed into her room.

"Silent?!" Asked a clearly worried Aria. She closed her door and locked it. She paced around as she started to sweat furiously. She heard pounding on her door. "Silent! Open the door! What's wrong?!"

Silent know what's wrong. She was having a panic attack. She had them all the time when she was living with her father. She always lock herself in her room whenever an episode happens. But why she was having one now? Wasn't she safe here?

She sat down on her bed, having a difficult time breathing. She slowly lifted her hand and noticed she was shaking. She clutched her chest as she felt it tightening. She licked her lips feeling a bit thirsty. She laid down, feeling dizzy. She heard the sound of her door unlocking and look up to see Aria over her. The last thing she saw was her tear streaked eyes before she blacked out.

Aria eyes widened in horror as she shook her friend. "Silent! Silent!" She put her hand on her chest, relieved to find her breathing. She look up at her sister's who rushed in behind her. "She's okay. She just fainted." But that didn't stop the panic in their eyes.

"Why did she fainted?" Sonata fretted. Aria whimpered. "I have no clue." She gently lifted Silent up and cradled her. She stroke her face with a thumb as tears welled up in her eyes. She wiped them away as Sonata hugged her. "I never see you cry. And it hurts me."

Adagio sat down beside her. "You care about her, don't you?" She asked placing a comforting hand on Aria. Aria nodded and close her eyes. "I love her." She whispered. She leaned down and kissed gently her on head. "You know? I believe Silent had a panic attack." Adagio put in putting her hand on Silent's chest. "Her heart is beating quite a bit and she breathing quickly."

"Sonata, get a glass of water. She's sweating a lot and We don't want her to get dehydrated. " Adagio ordered. Sonata nodded and rushed into the kitchen. At the same time, Silent started to wake up. Aria's purple eyes was filled with joy. "Dagi, she's waking up!"

Silent blinked opened her eyes. At first everything was blurry, but as it clears up, she spotted Aria looking at her with relief. "You're okay." She breathed. She pressed her forehead against her's. "I'm right here. Everything will be okay."

Sonata was back with the glass water. Silent took it gratefully and gulped it down. She sat up as they all crowd around her and hugged her.