• Published 6th Dec 2019
  • 1,153 Views, 23 Comments

I've seen too much (tales of love never forgotten) - Shadowlight Wanderer



A mare is saved by a dragon from the storm. Little does she know that she and her host are linked by mysterious past and more emotions than a heart can fill

  • ...
1
 23
 1,153

Chapter 16: Empathy cocoa and some answers

The morning sun was shining through the windows as the group of friends sat mournfully by the fireplace in one of castle's festive common rooms.

After Spike, Rarity and Cadence returned with Gabby, Twilight couldn't stop hugging them, crying and telling how worried she was. She alerted all of their friends so, just as Cadence predicted, they were all waiting for them with worry and anxiety. Fluttershy fainted a few times and Pinkie Pie tried to overeat her fear, which was reflected by the painfully empty table with desserts.

Spike and Rarity was greeted by various friends, who came to express their gratitude for their safely. Some of the females of the Allied Kingdoms were a little too touchy-feely when expressing their concern for Spike's safety, at least in Rarity's modest opinion. With a sweet smile and venomous tone, she replied to all worried females that Spike's recovery does not require any more physical contact than necessary.

Twilight managed to contain her emotion and swiftly ordered everyone to move to another part of the castle and to be given all the food and beverages royal kitchens could muster.

Then she gathered a certain group together and after a few minutes, they arrived at the secluded common space.

After using protection from eavesdropping and creating a burning fire with magic, the awaited talk could begin.

Spike looked at the ponies in the room. In front of him Pinkie Pie devoured yet another piece of cake, while Rainbow Dash and Applejack were arguing about something between themselves. Cutie Mark Crusaders gathered around Sweetie Belle, who regained consciousness and was smiling to her friends, assuring that, aside from embarrassment, she was perfectly alright.

Cadence watched as Gallus guarded Gabby, laying on the bed on the other side of the room. The blue griffon face was twisted with disbelief and shock.

Fluttershy snuggled closely to Discord, who was entertaining himself by changing the colour of various parts of the room until Twilight asked him to stop. Which, miraculously, worked.

Spike thanked Discord before and he knew that despite his neutral expressions, draconequus was in fact very glad that no one got hurt.

Starlight Glimmer was humming to herself as she prepared her own specific cocoa, called "empathy cocoa" that she was using during her time as guidance consular to calm down worried souls.

She then multiplied it using magic and levitated a cup to everyone present.

Spike remembered the worried look and fierce hugs in which Starlight enveloped him after they returned, alongside Twilight. It reminded him that both Starlight and Twilight valued him as a part of a family. Role of Twilight in his life was well known and Starlight... Spike wasn't really sure how to define their bond. She was something more than a friend, but less than a romantic interest. Spike loved to spend time with her because she was like a less neurotic, more bold and not-royal version of Twilight. But not only that. His heart belonged to Rarity, but Starlight was actually the pony with which he had the most synchronization in action and thought, besides Rarity and Twilight.

His contemplation was broken by Twilight's cough and question:

"Can we start ?"

The mutters of approval from the gathered sounded around, as everyone's attention focused on the alicorn.

Twilight took a breath and began

"As you know, a tragedy happened during the gala . Gabby, our friend, who we all know as a cheerful and optimistic, suddenly succumbed into the darkness of love and tried to capture Spike. In her own mind she believed she was protecting him from anyone who would like to cause him harm, in truth she was also protecting her own personality from collapsing. The point is, throughout that night there were too many unanswered questions: Why Gabby ? Why Spike and Rarity acted so impulsively while engaging into...ehm, intimate activities ? What was Sweetie Belle's role in all of this ? Why did Spike and Rarity appeared to be drugged ? Also what will happen with Gabby now ? And finally, how those events will affect us ?"

She gestured forward. After making sure Fluttershy was seating on her own, Discord teleported near Twilight's side and Cadence calmly trotted to join him.

"Cadence and Discord tried to gather some information and they will share it with us. I am sure that many of you are curious of this, especially Spike and Rarity" she gestured towards the pair, who was sitting side by side, with hoof on claw and tangled tails, as a sign of support for one another.

Cadence was the first to speak:

"I was interested in the emotions between Spike, Rarity and Gabby for some time now as the Princess of Love. A week ago, Spike visited me to ask about the troubles he had to face and what he should do in his situation. What he didn't know was the fact that Gabby visited me afterwards, searching for answers in a similar matter. My magic power allows me to read the emotions of others. I felt her uneasiness but her answers and behaviour were completely honest and....caring. I didn't sense any malice coming from her then and during last night as well. Gabby...she really meant what she said. She never had ANY bad intentions. She just wanted to secure you, as a form of self-protection. She wanted to defend you with all of her heart. Fear of losing to Rarity made her emotions overpower her and given her background, it could also trigger some sort of trauma. After some point, she became desperate and stopped thinking rationally"

There was a moment of silence, and then Spike asked

" But we all know what Gabby was like ? How did she become so...crazy about me ?"

Crusaders also nodded eagerly, joining the question

"Well..."Cadence twirled her long, tri-colour mane " I can't give you a certain and straight answer but...love is a mysterious force, one of the most powerful in this world. It has an equal potential of creation and destruction. It is like the waters of the ocean: if you block them in one place, the other place will be flooded. For each love, something is gained and something is lost. We all know the instances where love transformed cold and malicious hearts into beautiful and compassionate ones. Discord's reformation and his bond with Fluttershy are the best examples"

Fluttershy blushed and hid behind her mane. Discord conjured a top hat and took a bow.

"Then again..." Cadence continued, her tone dropping a little " It was never said that... the reverse is not possible. From what I managed to gather, Gabby's hormones went haywire. Spike, it is sad for you to say this, but it appears that long term exposure to the tension of your love triangle caused this imbalance."

Spike gritted his teeth and stood up straight, looking Cadence in the eyes

"I will not forget my part in this sad night. " he said calmly " That's why I will make sure that Gabby will be happy. I belong with Rarity now but... I will ensure that she will be happy in other ways, I swear. After what she told me and Rarity, I refuse to abandon her, even after everything she has done."

Rarity put a hoof on Spike's side and nodded as well.

Cadence smiled

"I am glad to hear that, because Gabby will recover ! Right now, she is in a deep sleep. I will take her with me to the Crystal Empire and I will start to heal her mind and sooth her soul with my magic, harmonizing the imbalance and obsession , while keeping her healthy and well. It might take some time but I swear on my title of Crystal Princess that Gabby as we know her will be back with us as soon as it is possible !"

There were cheers and enthusiasm all over the room until Cadence silenced them.

"Well, all that's left is to tell Gabby's story and explain her doings, from what we've managed to gather from looking into her mind "Cadence looked at the griffon " At certain point, she focused herself of taking Spike for herself and "protecting him" from Rarity. Yet, she developed a feeling of closeness to Rarity so she wanted to take Spike away discretely. The best way to do that was to use some form of magic. Since she is not a unicorn or an alicorn, direct magic was out of the question. She chose to use potions and elixirs. She learned them on her own and after saving some bits, she disguised herself and went to the black market. She came into possession of one of the most illuminate books on potions, written by Mage Meadowbrook."

She pulled out a small piece of paper and scanned it with her gaze

"Based on the answer of Meadowbrook herself, she discovered the brainwashing potion shortly before she and the other pillars confined Stygian in Limbo. She wanted to destroy the formula but she was summoned for battle. Apparently, in some point during her absence, her house was robbed and the book stolen. After travelling through the hooves and claws of various owners, it finally was sold to Gabby. After some time she mastered the potion. With it, she wanted to use someone else to look like a villain, so she could quietly do what she wanted to do. She waited for the perfect opportunity and then used it on Sweetie Belle."

All gazes fell on the white unicorn.

Sweetie Belle straightened herself and spoke:

"One day, I was heading back from... conversation with Spike..."

She and Spike blushed, which was luckily invisible to the others, when they remembered what the "conversation" contained.

"...to attend a rehearsal. Afterwards, Gabby appeared in a theatre. We started to talk, she bought me a drink...and then everything is blurry..."

"The mixture Sweetie Belle was infused with activates a brainwashing switch in ones brain "Cadence nodded confirming young unicorn's version of the story " It is started by vocally answering a question of the one controlling you. Ever since then, Gabby could just invoke it whenever she wanted and she used Sweetie to see, talk and spy without being caught. Finally, after many sightings of seeing Spike and Rarity getting closer and closer together, Gabby decided to disappear with Spike from the Gala. At the beginning, she forced Sweetie Belle to hide and then managed to somehow drug the most powerful pony in the land the same way as Sweetie Belle, by getting the bottle of the formula to the beverage".

Twilight blushed in embarrassment and partially covered herself with her wings.

"This is all from me " Cadence coughed slightly and gestured towards Discord " but the explanation is not over yet. Discord here has...emmm... "researched" some of the things Gabby achieved during last night and what are the... possible implications. So I will..."

She was interrupted as Discord pulled out a microphone and yelled

"THAT'S MY CUE !!! Welcome, ladies and gentleman ! It's your favourite lord of chaos, here to finish this dreadfully dull...I mean, awful mystery. My share of information should begin in the moment when Gabby bumped into me when I was heading to congratulate our white and purple duet here their moves...oh, and prank them as well. Then, after Gabby collided with me, she sent her drinks flying up. I wanted to grab them but then I noticed something interesting. You know I can sense powerful magic imbalances and read others magic levels. So, all three drinks were practically shining with magic in the fluids in front of me, but not visible to anyone else. It became clear to me that Gabby added something to the drinks...."

Silence fell in the room. Discord appeared deep in thought.

"And..." Twilight rushed him.

"I thought about telling someone about it in that one or two seconds when I was flying. But... since neither of the potions, appeared to be deadly, I swapped the chemical characteristics of the drinks and handed them back. Gabby seemed relieved that she got her own mug back."

"You knew about other potions and you didn't tell us ?!!! You swapped the... why ???!!!" Cadence cried out.

Discord laughed and grinned at her.

"Out of sheer, absolute boredom !" he exclaimed in a sassy tone "That was a perfect opportunity to liven things up a bit. If all of that mess got really dangerous, I would intervene. But what we got was an amazing chaos, with some really glorious effects"

Boiling with anger, Cadence sat down and huffed loudly.

"You swapped the chemical characteristics of the potions... without swapping the potions themselves" Twilight muttered, her scientific mind too amazed to truly pay attention to Discord's antics. What he did was impossible for any mortal, but draconequus was almost omnipotent.

"That's right" Discord nodded " Thanks to that, our little potion maker didn't suspect anything. After our trio separated, I turned invisible and made a clone of myself to follow both Gabby and Spike plus Rarity. In the short, abridged version, Spike and Rarity headed to our dragon's room, where they made...they had...ugh, intercourse of sorts ! What is more interesting is what happened to Gabby. She managed to lose Scootaloo and Applebloom, but then she suddenly past out in the gardens. She was out for over an hour but when she woke up, she seemed angry and disoriented. After a moment, Sweetie Belle ran to her side, seemingly out of nowhere, and then, after a few whispers from Gabby, went back to the castle, with Gabby following her. Sweetie Belle spread false evidence across the room while Spike and Rarity was sleeping. I didn't need to watch anymore because I was already sure about the nature of the potions you took in."

Discord then pointed at Spike, Rarity and Gabby, using his eagle claw, lion paw and tail respectively.

"Three potions, three of you, three different effects. The first potion was supposed to put the one who drank it in a deep sleep. That potion was supposed to be administered to Rarity, but it was Gabby who felt its effects. Second one, drunk by Spike, was making the drinker felt sexual overdrive and hormonal overload, giving endurance and making the one infused with it attracted to the creature who drunk the third potion...the one originally meant for Gabby, but ultimately given to Rarity."

Discord remained still for a moment, then in a blink of an eye teleported next to Rarity and placed his paw just above her uncovered belly.

"Hey, what do you think you are-" Spike's scream froze as he noticed what Discord was really doing.

The spirit of chaos clenched his fist and pulled back, as if he was grabbing something out of thin air. Small ball of golden light appeared in his palm and expanded to the side of a big orb, showing some kind of strange shape.

"Third potion was the most interesting." Discord smirked, addressing Rarity" It was only rediscovered and written down by Meadowbrook. Its true creator was none other than Grogar...the real one, millenia ago"

He cringed a little saying that

"Grogar..." he continued his explanation "was infamous for creating monsters, hybrids of living creatures, using his magic. But after some time, it wasn't enough for him. He developed a potion that was able to adapt any creatures reproductive organs to breed with any other creature, thus creating new and more horrible monstrosities. You can say that he wanted the nature itself to speed up his sick idea".

Rarity's eyes widened

"And I ...took in such a horrible potion...does this mean..." she whispered.

Discord nodded once again

"Once you and Spike were all lovey-dovey, buzzing with pheromones and hormones, your body was slowly adapting for Spike to breed with...as primal and lowly as that sound. Do you recall any pains or uncomfortable feelings in your stomach area ?"

Rarity gasped as she recalled piercing waves of pain that plagued her throughout the night.

"That's right ! "Discord boomed, looking at the golden hologram" In short, Gabby wanted to have a baby with Spike to keep him with her. She believed that he will be forced to do it after she will announce her pregnancy. But the qualities of the potions were swapped so as you can see on this life transmission from Rarity's womb..."

The image in the sphere zoomed and it focused on something that looked like rapidly dividing cells.

"You are going to have a baby !!!" Discord screamed, and with his outburst, tons of confetti erupted from out of nowhere and tacky banner with huge letters saying "CONGRATULATIONS" appeared.

Spike and Rarity forgot how to breath for a moment.

"I-I am going to have a baby...with Rarity" Spike shook his head "How did this happen ? I...I am so happy !!! This shouldn't even be possible !"

Rarity's cheeks flushed and she was quickly switching her gaze between Spike, Discord and the rest of the gathered, with her jaw soundlessly going up and down

"Spikey...father...I...m-mother...can't believe...must got...foals collection" she mumbled and then she swiftly fainted into Spike's arms.

All the ponies in the room were now whispering to each other in excitement.

"I didn't know about this ! I am going to be an aunt again ! I am so excited !" Twilight cheered.

"Me too. I would love to see the little one already" Sweetie smiled with enthusiasm.

"I wonder if it will be pony shaped" wondered Starlight.

"I am going to give your foal all the best toys I can find !!!" Pinkie Pie was way into the festive atmosphere.

"I will gave the blankets" said Applejack

"Huh, I hope he...or she will have wings !" Rainbow Dash already revelled on the idea of the new potential competitor.

"Since Rarity will have to take it easy, I will try to sow your baby some cute pyjamas" Fluttershy exclaimed with a smile, as she and Discord approached Spike.

Dragon blinked and looked at them dizzily

"I still...have to process the fact that I am going to be a father !" he muttered, before smiling " But thank you for all the propositions !"

"And don't forget " Discord added "technically, I am the one who allowed Rarity to be pregnant !"

"By sheer luck" Spike sighed

"What ? Discord, don't say things like that" Fluttershy whimpered

"Oh right, fine !" Discord waved his claw" I only reshaped her womb"

"Okay, stop there, before you get both of our girls K.O-ed." Spike looked at unconscious Rarity "There is something that me and Rarity have to do before anything else."

***************************************

(1 hour later)

"Are you sure you are okay with it ?" Spike asked worriedly

Rarity gave him a look

"Darling, I...I still can't really believe this and I will need a proper medical consultation...but all the odds say I am carrying your child ! That simply can't be postponed !"

They emerged from behind the curtain and the crowd erupted with questions and screams.

Spike raised his claw and the masses of guests silenced themselves.

"I know you are more than confused "Spike began in a low voice" So I will make this quick. I heard about how some of you treated Rarity during this entire mess. See, I am not here to deliver punishment but to warn anyone who dares to approach and hurt her in any way... the world is a very small place with me angry at you. I may be ambassador of peace but if anyone threatens the ones I love, I will not stay calm. Rarity is the most beautiful, generous, intelligent and radiant mare I know. I would do anything to protect her. That's why..."

He dropped on one knee before the unicorn and bowed his head

"I, Spike the dragon, swear to protect you" he said to Rarity's face, who was giving him a small, warm smile " I swear to be your strength and try to inspire you as you inspired me many times. I want to give you everything you deserve, which is the entire world. It is my will to give you happiness, comfort, safety, to be your companion, as long as you are willing to be mine. So here I am, down on one knee, maybe not exactly how we wanted, but... Rarity Belle, Jewel of Equestria, Element of Generosity... would you do me an honour of marrying me ?"

The audience was stunned in shock, as Rarity seemed to think about Spike's proposal

"Well" she finally spoke, loud enough for everyone to hear " I suppose those bags won't carry themselves..."

Spike lifted his head with a horrified expression, just as Rarity softly kissed him on his brow

"Got you..." she whispered

"Gods, that was a terrible joke" Spike chuckled loudly, shaking his head.

"I am only repaying you for all your cheesy commentary through the years, you dork " Rarity smiled, speaking in high voice " Spike, you were devoted to me for years and you proved many times that your love is genuine. With all the boundaries beside us, I don't think I am able to love anyone else. So of course, I will marry you, Spike the dragon !"

The crowd erupted with the mixture of excitement and crying.

Rarity and Spike looked at each other and smiled

"It seems some didn't quite catch it yet" Spike rubbed his head.

"It appears so..."Rarity looked at Spike seductively "Perhaps demonstration is in order..."

"What..." was all Spike managed to say before Rarity pulled him into a passionate and lustful kiss, pressing her lips to his in almost hungrily fashion, as if she was devouring them.

After a while, Rarity parted with Spike and looked at the female part of the audience.

'Got the picture ? Any objections ?' her eyes sent a message to all of Spike's female fans.

The females of all species cautiously took a step backwards, as if in unison.

'I thought so' with that thought, a smirk of victory appeared on Rarity's face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now empty bowl smashed to the cold floor of the cave.

Iris was shaking and all the world seemed to lose colour.

"Why...Why...didn't she tell me ? About you...about any of this...she was...SHE BECAME PREGNANT BECAUSE OF YOU ???!!!!" she screamed.

Spike nodded slowly and the mare shook her head

"This is impossible...there is no way..."

Spike tried to reach to her but was unicorn backed away

"Don't touch me ! I don't know what to think about all of this, what you just said...I don't think I can trust you unless you tell me who you really are...I know for a fact that Rarity could not be pregnant after being with you !!!"

She galloped towards the exit of the cave but Spike blocked her path with his wing

"What the- let me go !!!!" the unicorn furiously banged at the leathery membrane.

"You know, this story is somehow a testimony of my guilt " Spike said in a sorrowful tone " What happened after Rarity got pregnant...it is connected to you and your own life. Wait just a little longer and you will understand. I can't promise that it all will be easy to listen to but please...it is important for you to hear this !"

"Says who ?"

"Rarity !" Spike yelled back.

Iris stopped and looked at him with wide eyes

"Rarity wanted this ? She orchestrated this meeting ?" she asked.

Spike flinched

"Not the meeting itself, but the general idea was for us to explain to you how my, hers and yours pasts are connected."

Iris shook her head once again

"But why did she make you tell it ?" she said sombrely "she had plenty of time to tell me in person, and now she is delegating it to the stranger, whom I never met before ?"

Spike's face fell a little

"Are you this close to Rarity that you have a confidence that she would tell you this story ?" he questioned, as he relaxed a little.

The white unicorn looked at the muscular dragon with disbelief

"Are you kidding ? You really didn't know ? I thought every creature in Equestria does."

Spike blushed as he tried to explain

"Well, you see, I was a bit out of touch and-"

"Rarity is my mother" Iris spoke in soft, almost sad tone.

Author's Note:

Chapter is art-less, until I find something really cool.

Iris is Rarity's daughter. But she can't be Spike's daughter, can she ? She is not half-pony, half-dragon .She and Spike clearly do not know each other...or do they?