• Published 12th Aug 2012
  • 1,521 Views, 15 Comments

What Time Can't Erase - LBTMistress



After receiving a letter from Princess Celestia, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity venture out to C

  • ...
0
 15
 1,521

Chapter 2

"B-but, this CAN'T be possible!" the white seamstress babbled on, trying desperately to comprehend the Goddess' shocking words. "So, what you're saying is that a-after all these YEARS with Sweetie Belle a-and m-my parents…" Rarity continued, but her voice trailed off as she looked up to meet her Mother's longing, shame filled gaze before realization finally dawned at her.

"DOES THIS MEAN MY ENTIRE LIFE WAS A LIE!" Rarity exclaimed hectically, continuing incoherently. She went into a state of denial and disbelief as she tried grasping the concept of this entire ordeal.

"Wait, so what you're telling us is that my—I mean, our parents aren't really our parents…?" Twilight asked uncertainly. Unlike her ivory and violet sister, Twilight Sparkle was having mixed emotions towards the entire conversation. A part of her was almost happy about learning about her true lineage, yet another part of her was angry over the fact that she and her sisters couldn't be trusted with such secrets.

Weren't they trustworthy? And why hadn't the rest of the Mane Six been informed of the news as well? Didn't they deserve to learn about this just as much as they did? Why hadn't the Princess bothered to tell them about this earlier?

There were just so many doubts and grim thoughts! Too many that not even Twilight could properly organize the scattered whispers of doubt that were her mind. She didn't even know to react…

"I don't know even what to say…" Twilight began, her voice hoarse. "Can I even trust you after all this?"

Celestia struggled with Her daughters raging emotions. Even though she knew that they were perfectly justified, they were still a hard pill to swallow. Through the many, many years that she had spent ruling Equestria, she had never experienced anything like this. Parenting was an entirely different matter altogether than ruling a kingdom, and she was finding this out the hard way.

Rainbow Dash was absolutely silent. Celestia looked at her uncertainly as Her daughter lowered her head to stare intently at the ground.

"So…you're saying that all this time…all these years that we spent making relationships with our families and friends…all that…time…" Rainbow looked up, her rosy eyes blazing with unbridled fury and rage. "ALL THAT TIME WAS WORTHLESS! EVERY PART OF OUR LIVES WE'VE EVER KNOWN WAS ALL JUST LIES!" she screamed in disbelief, her mind racing at a speed that far surpassed her own. Dash was no stranger to hardships and surprises, but this subject was hard to even comprehend, and here she was experiencing it firsthand.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US!...why-I…I don't under-st-and…why…?" she mumbled, some of her rage, moving to her eyes and making them into tear-filled pools. As much as she tried to fight it, tears had begun to leak out of her eyes and onto the floor, each drop producing a low dripping sound as they fall one by one.

After her third daughter's passionate reaction, Celestia was unable to form words. All she could feel was shame and guilt. Her feelings that she had stored away so desperately were bubbling back to the surface, threatening to make themselves known. She gritted her teeth and somehow managed to find the strength to push them back down, if only by a little.

"You three are completely right. I should have told you. But, in a way, I was selfish. I, at first, believed it was for your own good, but perhaps it was because I just wanted to avoid it." She paused, smiling grimly, "Ah well, it's much too late for that now. All I ask now is that you react as you see fit. If you hate me, then so be it, you have all the right in the world," She sighed, not bothering to hide the exhaustion in her voice.

For several long moments none of them had bothered trying to say a thing towards her, their minds being too clouded from their own rampant emotions and hormones, that they could barely manage to hear what their Mother had said.

And for what felt like the longest time in her life, the Princess of Equestria was completely clueless at what to do.

Apparently, a thousand years of knowledge had no meaning now.

…xX~~~Xx…

"I-I can't believe this," Luna muttered underneath her breath, unsure at how to react towards her sister's shocking confession.

"You do realize that you shouldn't even be eavesdropping on them," the voice from earlier stated, relatively unamused at the Alicorn's unrestrained curiosity. "I suggest that you drop the spell and only focus on magic that DOESN'T involve you spying on your sister, or anypony for that matter," it said, the voice taking on a more snide tone, scolding her for her lack of privacy.

"After all," it continued, the voice no longer laced in sarcasm, instead taking on a more gentler tone, "Do you not think she would've done the same for you? She IS your elder sister, is she not?"

"I suppose so, but, still it's just that I wanted to see what's all the fuss about. After all-!" the co-ruler of Equestria began, but was abruptly silenced by the sudden change of topic.

"Shhh, be quiet. I think this soap-opera just got a tad bit more interesting…" it said, ushering the Princess of the Night to be silent.

'Well so much for you being a good role model,' Luna thought, inwardly sighing as she faced the crystal orb in the middle of her spacious bedroom.

"Hm, I see that you've forgotten that we are forced to share the same body, Luna. Do not forget that I can see and hear everything you say, even your own thoughts as well. Now, may you please be quiet? I want to see how this goes."

…xX~~~Xx…

"And then they just LEFT without saying a single goodbye!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, flailing her fore-hoofs out in an exaggerated manner. "I mean, can you believe that! And I was planning something special too!" She puffed her lip out and her eyes drooped to the ground in disappointment.

"...well, that's rude of them." Pokey Pierce replied, frowning awkwardly as he continued to listen to the mare vent. He didn't want to be rude and interrupt the obviously distressed mare, but he couldn't help but find it awkward that Ponyville's famous party pony had chosen him. Him out of all equines to talk about her problems. Had the situation not been so awkward for him he may have been flattered, even happy.

Unfortunately, this wasn't the case right now.

"Um, sorry if this may sound rude but, uh, you just kinda showed up out of nowhere and…you know." He gestured awkwardly towards the seat she was seated on.

"Oh, I did?" she gushed, "Sorry! I forgot that everypony doesn't know…Oh, by the way I'm sorry for you having to listen to me blabber on and on about my friends, Pokey Pierce!" she apologized, a large grin plastered on her face.

"Uh, no problem…" the blue and white stallion chuckled nervously. Unsure on how she knew his name. "So, uh, do you have any idea why they left?"

"No," Pinkie replied, a small frown lacing her features. But just as quickly as it came it disappeared, later replaced by a look of horror and shock. "Ooooh! You don't think they're in trouble do you?" she gasped, her eyes going wide.

"Well, I'm not sure to be honest…" he replied truthfully.

"OH, I KNOW!" Pinkie cried out loudly, causing Pokey to wince from her boisterous tone.

'Does she always do this?' he wondered, suddenly conjuring random yet reasonable (to him at least) theories as to why Pinkie Pie's friends left for no reason. Maybe they were taking a break away from her? It wouldn't surprise him if that were the reason.

"Pokey Pierce, do you know what this means?"

"Uhhh, no?"

"It means that this situation requires an investigation!" the mare said, bouncing up and down on her seat. "OH! And you can be my partner and together…" she paused, looking him in the eye, "we can be the greatest detectives in all of Equestria! C'mon, whaddya'say, Pokey?"

'Kay, now this conversation's becoming more than a tad awkward...Horse apples, why do I say!'

"Pokey?" the Element of Laughter questioned, becoming concerned from her companion's silence, completely unaware of the blue stallion's internal struggle, "Hey, you know if you don't wanna it's alri…"

'Horse apples! Abort mission! ABORT MISSION!' his mind screamed at him, yet something inside him didn't want to say no. And without further ado, he muttered a small "Yes".

Dear, sweet, Celestia what had he done?

Comments ( 1 )

0 dislikes? What is this sorcery.

Login or register to comment