• Published 18th Jun 2019
  • 484 Views, 11 Comments

Will-O-Wisp - Silent legion



Wisps have always been very caring twords living things but would defend themselves should they need to. One wisp has accidently crossed the wall between worlds, but this new one should have everything she needs to make her garden of eden

  • ...
 11
 484

Adjusting

The Princess looks up at me while I'm floating in the air looking amused with my antics. Realizing that I'm now working for her leads me to some memories back home where some people would try to take advantage of me and my powers. I don't sense anything evil or wicked from her but memories are powerful and I feel my excitement die down.

"Are you ok?" Princess Celestia asked looking worried, most likely due to my waning enthusiasm

"I'm fine princess, just something came to mind from a long time ago." was my reply coming down to eye level with her I ask "when will I be able to get started on tending to the wounded?" no matter what I could never let something be in pain if I could help it. I always seem to gravitate to those kinds of situations where my powers can be used. But with powers like mine, I hope I never have to use them. My heart aches at the thought that some poor thing Is out there hurting, probably by itself.

Princess celestial looks at me again before saying "we can get you started in a few days I'll have somepony from medical retrieve you."

A knock on the door draws my attention before the princesses horn begins to glow and that same glow surrounding the door handle before it opens revealing a pony in gold armor

She looks to me again and says "I'm terribly sorry but I've some important duties waiting for me that I've put off for our meeting. I've arranged for you to have your own room here in the castle and this gentle stallion is here to escort you. The castle can be quiet maze-like to the unprepared."

Looking at the guard he looks like the ones that were there when I woke up getting closer to him he looks exactly like one of them "were you there when I first arrived?" I ask. he looks at me while saying "no mam I wasn't" "why do all you guards look the same?" I wondered

He looks over to the princess behind me and in the corner of my new eyes I see her nod "our helmets are enchanted to make all of us look alike to make it hard to tell who is who." he says taking off his helmet and revealing a yellow mane and his previously white fur changes into a dark brown.

I don't see the need to all look the same exactly I understand the concept, they don't want to be recognized for whatever reason. At home, the human guards would flaunt who they were, letting all living beings know that they worked for the crown, strange how the concept didn't travel.

The guard clears his throat drawing me from my musings and with a "follow me mam." he starts to head away, with a quick goodbye to Celestia I turn and follow. After catching up to him I see him put his helmet back on reverting him back to his old colors

"What's your name?" I asked him. He continues looking straight ahead and grunts "swift spell" out at me. I figure he's not much for conversation and just let him lead me to the new room

After what feels like forever we make it and he opens the door for me letting me get my first peak of its interior. The marble seems to have been the main or only building material they had access to as the entire thing was made from it. The bed looks very fancy and there was a window leading to a breathtaking view of the city as the sun went down.

"Here you are mam, please enjoy the accommodations given to you by the princess and have a pleasant evening," Swift says before closing the door not even letting me say goodbye.

As the door 'clunks' closed I float over to the bed and allow myself to sit down immediately sinking into the apparently almost water like fabric.

Using some of my power I bring forth my double. She looks, sounds, and thinks like me the only difference is that she leaves small sparks of energy every now and then whereas I don't.

It's an interesting process, summoning her, it's like dancing in the air for a small while releasing energy as It combines into another me almost looking as if I just split apart into two others. After the process is done I sit on the bed and she floats beside me.

"They seem nice," she says after a minute of silence on my end "yes they do seem nice and that's what has me on edge," I say in response. These ponies have been very understanding of my situation even if they don't know the full extent and I don't believe anything that wasn't a wisp could be so kind without something they would want from me.

"I know what your thinking, and I can tell you now that this world isn't like our home, humans won't hunt us here and the immortals couldn't have followed us either. We're safe from them." my other half says.

I want to believe it but there's a voice that says it's not over and that the cycle will start again. I remember my first garden, it was beautiful, breathtaking even, but the king's guard had come through, and they brought with them fire and death I tried to stop them as much as I could but it wasn't enough they still made it past me and killed some humans that I had been friends with. I couldn't bring myself to go to their home. I was hurt by those flames, they wouldn't go out normally and required my full attention enough so that those guards could sneak past. In the end, the memory was too horrible for me to stay there. The kingdom was spreading and taking more and more land forcing me away, lest I deal with their fury.

I feel a hoof on my shoulder and look up. It's my other half and she's looking at me with sad eyes. It's then I feel the tears coming down my muzzle and try to think happier thoughts, with a quick squeeze from her hoof she catches my attention and asked: "would you feel better if we messed with some of the ponies?"

I smile and node wiping away some stray tears and get up with her she's smiling too now and the mood in the air was lifted. Thoughts of fun things to do while we're here flooding our minds before she shakes a hoof at me and tells me to follow her. We both turn invisible and as we meld through the wall. The first thing we see is a pony but not a pony. It has tufted ears and pointy fangs with slit pupils for eyes. The confusion only lasted for a few seconds before our devious plans kicked back in gear. Looking to each other we give a grin at the fun we're about to have.

Author's Note:

Sorry for it being a little shorter than normal. I haven't been sleeping well and I wanted to get this out while I can. As always if you have something to say please let me hear it and also remember to take care of yourselves. Have a great day!!

Comments ( 8 )

Ooh this is promising

9710858
TY! I'm glad you like it, hope to keep it interesting for everyone that reads it!

9711105
Yes it is a very good and promising start! Keep up the good work!

9711470
I will, and thank you for your kind words!

9711959
HMU if you need some megameme music

9712216
I will thanks tor the offer.

Yes new Warframe stories. Don’t mind me I just love to read. :heart:

9844063
I can only hope I can do it justice

Login or register to comment