• Published 18th Aug 2012
  • 619 Views, 1 Comments

Search for the Past (Rewritten) - The Dude



Earth pony looking for ancient artifact to go back in time and save Equestria.

  • ...
 1
 619

Chapter 1

The scorching sun shined down upon the desert floor, scorching the earth below and making the sand hot to the touch. It was so hot in the desert that the only creatures able to stand the heat were the scorpions and reptiles and miraculously managed to adapt to the baking temperatures.

There were no trees, no rocks, and no buildings in this desert, making it look out for miles without seeing anything other than sand. It seemed as if this desert was nothing but hot sand and lizards, the only thing that stood out were two figures differing in size walking through the desert.

The earth pony trudged along the desert aside his acquaintance, trying to ignore the heat that radiated under his hooves as he placed them on the sand and the amount of sweat gathering on his brow. He brought his hoof off to wipe off the sweat that lay upon his forehead and gray fur.

It also didn't help that is dark black hair was attracting all the sunlight it could get, but luckily the hat upon his head was able to keep his head slightly cool. His jacket, while protecting his fur from the sun, made it feel as if his entire body was roasting in an oven, but he knew the jacket was at least attempting to stop the heat. As he walked the blade he carried on his back slightly shook, making slight noise as the blade rattled inside its wooden sheath.

However, out of the two figures the earth pony was by the least interesting looking of the two. The other one was not a earth pony, not a unicorn or a pegasus, it wasn't a dragon, and it wasn't a diamond dog. It was.....something else.

It stood much taller than the earth pony, it's legs resembled palm trees but were as thin as bamboo sticks. Same for its arms, so long that its dark claws almost dragged across the sand. Its skin was black, the only things that were a different color was its eyes. It's bright red eyes. They didn't even appear to be a solid, they resembled a bright red liquid bubbling in the beast's head. It looked like it didn't belong, not only in the desert but on this planet, it looked so surreal.

The two walked through the desert, neither exchanging a word to the other. They just had one mutual goal, get out of this Celestia forbidden desert. So they kept walking, in hope of finding anything that wasn't more hot sand and scorpions.

Suddenly the earth pony's ears perked up, it responding the the faint sound of flapping wings. He sighed and then looked up to check the sky, hoping it was just a couple of birds wandering the desert as they were, maybe he could kill one of them to satisfy his growing hunger. He was wrong.

The noise was coming from three flying pegasi, heading towards them. Soon the three figures landed only a couple yards away from him. The earth pony and his associate immediately stopped.

"Well well, look what we got here." Said one of the pegasi.

They were bandits, it was obvious. All three were dressed in brown leather jackets which were stained with the blood of their victims, or in some cases their dinner.

"Looks like we got some sort of swanky earth pony and over here we....." The pegasus turned to the others,"..what the hell is that?" He said, quickly turning back and pointing to the creature.

One of them smirked," I don't care what it is, I haven't eaten in days."

The earth pony sighed, he really didn't want to do this. But he knew either way it had to be done. He might have even felt bad if they weren't so smug. He suddenly stood up on his hind legs and began cracking his neck. Once to the right and once to the left, emitting a loud cracking sound from each side. His right hoove began reaching behind his back until it made contact with the sword.

He pulled the sword out of its sheath and held it out in front of him. The two feet of steel now in front of the bandits took their smug looks and replaced them with slight worry.

One of the bandits opened up his jacket revealing a small machete held inside. He slid it out the machete and held it in his right hoof. Suddenly the bandit began charging towards the earth pony screaming at the top of his lungs, obviously trying to scare him. But it didn't work.

As soon as he was close enough the bandit tried to slice him right down the middle, but he only hit sand. The earth pony quickly spun to the right, dodging the machete. As he spun he held out his sword and it made contact with the bandit, cutting him in two.

As soon as he felt the sword pass through him, the bandit's eyes almost turned completely white. Suddenly the top half of his body began sliding off the bottom half and soon both parts of his body dropped to the floor as did the machete.

The earth pony looked at the other two bandits. There faces now resembled looks of genuine terror as they saw there friend killed. Suddenly they didn't look so sure they were gonna make it out of here alive.

The earth pony looked at their faces, suddenly he looked back at who he just killed, but specifically looked at the machete the bandit carried. He walked over and picked up the machete, then threw it over to the other two bandits.

They both jumped as the machete landed close to their hooves. One of them looked at the machete and slowly trotted towards it, finally picking it up from the sand. With machete in his hoof the bandit turned to the earth pony and, just like other, he ran at him.

When he reached him the bandit tried to slash him horizontally, but was met by the earth pony's sword. Quickly the earth pony's sword sliced through the bandits neck.

The lone bandit stood in absolute shock. Watching her two companions instantly die at the hooves of this pony terrified her. The earth pony's eyes met hers, and she turned around and began running as fast as she could. She wanted to escape, and surprisingly he did nothing, but his acquaintance did.

The creature began running towards the bandit at a blinding speed. It would be better to tell you that she got away, but I don't like to lie. In reality, the creature quickly caught up to her. As soon as he was close enough he grabbed her and lifted her high in the air. His free then grabbed her head, and began pulling. Soon after the bandit's head separated from the rest of her, along with her spine.

The creature lightly tossed away the head and looked lustfully at the the body which was in his hands. The creature then revealed its mouth, which up to this point was not visible. It looked very much like it's eyes, the inside a bright red. Its teeth were dark black, and appeared to be slightly moving.

It wasted no time, it immediately began feasting on the body and finished it at a shockingly fast rate. The sounds of flesh being crushed between teeth could be heard miles away.

The earth pony watched in slight disgust, but he was used to seeing this that he didn't need to turn away or close his eyes. Suddenly a large piece of flesh landed directly in front of him. A big meaty leg torn from the bandit was thrown at him by the creature. He looked up and made eye contact with the monster.

"Eat." It said.

The earth pony simply nodded his head. No matter how low he got he promised himself to not eat from his own kind, despite all of the horrible things he has done he thought he could at least keep that.

The beast saw he didn't want it and simply turned back to his meal.

The earth pony sighed, this is the world he lived in, and a world he is planning change.

That pony is Rising Sun, and this is his story to save Equestria.



So this is an old story I wrote like a couple monthes ago, it sucked a lot of ass so I deleted it, hoping not to scar any more people. But I really liked the concept so I just wanted to rewrite it an make it better, and hopefully I did. I put a lot of effort into it so hopefully it'll be okay.