• Published 7th Jun 2019
  • 1,050 Views, 3 Comments

My Little Pony: The Meltdown - Dinopony2580



It's been a few months since Equestria's first Ice Age and since the glacier almost destroyed Ponyville and everything's going good. It's spring now and Winter Wrap Up time. But, that means the glacier's melting too.

  • ...
 3
 1,050

The Flood

Tons and tons and tons of water came out, destroying anything in its path. The flood's first target, Ponyville.

Ponyville was instantly destroyed, wiped off its foundation. Houses were reduced to rubble and trees were uprooted from there placements.

Next was the Everfree Forest, which was destroyed instantly as well.

Nothing could withstand the power of a million tons of water roaring across the land like a tsunami.

The flood followed the ponies path, while spreading all across Equestria at the same time.

The sea monster was deep under the lake, feasting on the fish that live in the lake. Then, he went to rest at the bottom of the lake.

But, his sleep was interrupted by the flood. It swept over the lake, scooping up the ice on the lake as it went past.

This was the moment the sea monster was waiting for. He immediately swam up, following the flood as it swept across the land and grew closer to the log boat.


Twilight was busy escorting the rest of the ponies when she saw Starlight and Trixie. "Guys!" She shouted at them.

"Twilight!" Starlight said, running over to them. They engaged in a short hug. "I'm so glad you're safe" Starlight said. "Starlight, I need your help" Twilight said.

"With what?" she asked. "I need you to help me find Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Spike" Twilight said. "I thought they were with you" Trixie said.

"They decided to take the long way around so they wouldn't get blown up by the geysers" Twilight said. "Makes sense" Trixie said. "Twilight!" Spike shouted.

Twilight turned around and she saw Spike running at her. "Spike!" Twilight shouted back. She immediately hugged him when they were close to each other.

"I'm so glad you're safe!" Twilight said, "I'm so sorry about earlier." "It's okay, Twilight. I understand you were frustrated" Spike replied.

She hugged him even harder before letting go. "Twilight! Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy are trapped" Spike said. "What!?" Twilight said. "How!?" Starlight said.

"Quickly, come!" Spike said. "Come on, everypony!" Twilight shouted and Discord, Starlight, Trixie, Rainbow, Pinkie, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders followed her and Spike to rescue Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy.

They followed Spike and Angel to where they were at. When, they got to a cliff that showed the cave being visible, Spike pointed at the cave.

But, then on the horizon, Twilight saw the flood. Her eyes widened at the sight of it. The wind from it caused her mane to blow. She knew that she had to hurry.

They followed the path down to the cave. The flood grew closer by the second, plowing over everything in it's path.

It even plowed over the geysers, stopping them from exploding.

When they were a few meters from the cave, a rock almost hit Twilight, Spike, and Starlight, causing them to stop. The cave was only a few meters in front of them.

Then a huge wave came over the cave. Twilight watched as it came over, the force of it causing her mane to flow in its wind. Then, the full flood came.

She and her friends continued, but the force of the water caused the rock bridge they were on to collapse and Twilight, Spike, Starlight, Angel, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders plunged into the water.

Rainbow, Pinkie, Discord, and Trixie were left on the high ground, looking for their friends. In the cave, the 3 were getting worried.

"Ah! My hooves are getting wet" Rarity complained. "Get used to it. At least Fluttershy can fly above the it" Applejack said.

Fluttershy was flying high above the water, trying to stay as far from it as she possibly can. Twilight came up from underneath the water.

She gasped for air, catching her breath. She was luckily okay. Then, she looked at the cave and the rock blocking it.

She knew she couldn't move the entire rock by herself, but then, she found a log floating in the water.

She grabbed it with her magic and lodged it into a crack on the side of the rock. "Girls!" she shouted. "Twilight!?" they all replied at the same time.

"Start pushing" she shouted back. Applejack started bucking it and Rarity used her magic, while Fluttershy pushed.

Twilight used her magic and pushed the log, trying to use it like a lever. Then, Spike and Starlight came up. "There's Twilight" Spike said.

Starlight swam over and helped Twilight. "Thanks, Starlight" Twilight said. "Anytime" Starlight replied and they pushed with their magic.

Spike climbed out of the water, climbed the rock, and pulled with all he could at the hole in the top corner of the rock.

"Don't worry, Rarity. We're coming!" Spike said. The Cutie Mark Crusaders and Angel managed to find an old tree where they could take refuge, for now.

"Help!" Sweetiebelle shouted. Pinkie was the first to see them. "I'll save you! Hold on!" Pinkie shouted. She then dived into the water and swam at them.

When she got there, Scootaloo hopped on her. Sadly, she was too heavy and Pinkie couldn't swim with that kind of weight on her. So, she became stuck there too.

"Rainbow Dash! A little help, please!" Pinkie shouted. Rainbow groaned. She was about to go but then, Discord stopped her.

"Discord! What are you doing! I have to save her!" Rainbow said angrily at him. "I have a better idea" he said.

Discord then jumped into the water and acted like a motorboat, his tail acting like a motor and his hands like the rudders. He came swam over to the tree.

"Quickly, get on!" he said to them and immediately, Angel and the Cutie Mark Crusaders jumped on his back. He swam back to another island and dropped them off.

"Now, you 4 stay here" Discord told them. They nodded and Discord swam back to Pinkie. The 4 went up the island to higher ground.

The water was rising by the minute and all ground would become submerged with in a short while. Discord swam to get Pinkie and Rainbow joined him.

Pinkie hopped on Discord. "Come on you 3! Let's help Twilight!" Pinkie said. They both agreed and they swam over to help Twilight.

The only one left on the rock was Trixie. She was debating to help Twilight or not. Discord, Pinkie, and Rainbow went to help Twilight.

Spike was struggling to pull the rock and Rainbow decided to help him. "I don't think you could pull that by yourself" Rainbow said to Spike.

"Rainbow Dash!" Spike said, happy to get help and they started pulling together.

Twilight and Starlight were trying their hardest to push the log and the 3 in the others side were trying to push the rock as well.

Discord snapped in a jack hammer and tried to jack the rock, but that soon proved ineffective.

Pinkie tried to use her tail as a jack hammer, but that did nothing either. The water was slowly getting higher. Starlight then noticed that Trixie was still on the rock.

"Trixie! Help us!" she shouted at her. "I don't want to get wet" Trixie said. "Well, you're going to have to deal with it" Starlight said.

Trixie knew there was no other option. She took off her hat and cape and left it on the rock. She didn't hesitate at all, and she jumped into the water.

She swam as fast as she could and arrived next to Starlight. Starlight smiled at her and she smiled back, and they continued to push the log.

Everyone was trying their hardest but the rock wouldn't budge. Discord, then had an idea.

He popped inside the cave and started helping Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity. "Discord! What are you doing here?" Fluttershy asked him.

"What does it look like! I'm helping you get out of here!" Discord said and they started pushing the rock.

Twilight, then, noticed that the water was rising higher and the log was starting to become submerged.

"Guys, get out of here! Save yourselves and get to high ground!" Twilight shouted. "What!?" Everypony said. "No! Were not leaving!" Spike said.

"You need to save yourselves! I can get them out!" Twilight said. Then, everypony realized that they had to. "Come on, everypony" Rainbow said.

Trixie and Pinkie started swimming to the island. Discord gave Fluttershy a hug before snapping his fingers and leaving from within the cave.

Discord snapped onto the island where the CMCs and Angel were at and Pinkie and Trixie climbed on it a few seconds later. NO! I won't leave Rarity!" Spike said.

The water was now up above the log and was starting to reach Spike and Rainbow. "Come on, Spike! We got to go before we drown!" Rainbow told Spike.

"NO! I won't!" Spike shouted starting to cry. Rarity swam up to the hole and placed her hoof on Spike's claw and smiled at him.

"Spike, you need to save yourself. Twilight will save us. Don't worry, Spike" Rarity said.

Spike smiled at Rarity one last time before Rainbow picked him up and carried him to the island.

When they made it, Twilight and Starlight went back to work on the log. "We've got to hurry!" Twilight said.

"Right" Starlight said and they took a deep breath and submerged under the water.

Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy took a deep breath, submerged under the water, and pushed the rock.

While Twilight and Starlight were pushing the rock, Twilight saw something move in the darkness, but she shrugged it off.

They were pushing as hard as they could, but the rock still wouldn't budge.

Then, all of a sudden, Twilight felt something bite her tail and she was dragged down into the depths. Starlight screamed as Twilight was dragged down.

Starlight swam after her, going as fast as she could. Twilight looked back and she was shocked. It was the sea monster!

She immediately blasted it in the face and it let go of her. She swam up as fast as she could, with Starlight following her.

They breached the surface and gasped for breath. They looked and there was the sea monster's fin, swimming straight at them.

They immediately submerged again, taking a deep breath before doing so. Twilight looked at the sea monster, then the log and immediately, she had an idea.

Twilight went to the log with Starlight behind her.

They waited till the sea monster was at point blank range, then they moved out of the way of the sea monster's open jaws. He came at lightning speed.

The force of him grabbing the log caused the rock to wedge free. He, just in time, moved out of the way of the falling rock, the log still in his mouth.

He spat out the log and cleared his mouth of wood. Twilight and Starlight high hoofed it and they looked as the 3 swam out of the cave.

The sea monster was about to strike again, but as soon as he saw Fluttershy, he retreated into the depths. The 5 swam up and gasped for air.

The others on the island cheered as they swam over to the island. They helped them up onto the island.

The CMCs hugged their sisters, Starlight hugged Trixie, Discord hugged Fluttershy and Angel, and Twilight hugged Spike.

Pinkie pulled out her party cannon and when it exploded, she cheered in excitement. Twilight then looked at the log boat.

Applejack came over and put her hoof around Twilight. "Sorry about what happened, Twilight" Applejack apologized.

"Same here, Applejack. I just wanted to get to the boat before the flood. I totally forgot about our friendship" Twilight said.

"Hey, you know friends mess up sometimes" Applejack said. "Yeah" Twilight replied and they engaged in a hug.

Spike was sitting on the edge of the island, thinking. He was interrupted by Rarity. "Spike, I just want to thank you" Rarity said. "What do you mean?" Spike asked.

"You were quite the hero today, Spikey-wikey" Rarity said. "Oh, I just wanted to save you because I didn't want anything to happen you" Spike said blushingly.

"Oh, Spike. That's so generous of you to say" Rarity said. "Well, it's true! I wouldn't let anything happen to you" Spike said.

Rarity began to tear up, but she wiped her tears away. "Well, Spike. I think you deserve something for your bravery and honesty" Rarity said.

"Really, like what?" Spike asked. He was about to continue but then Rarity grabbed him and kissed him right on the lips. Her kiss caused him to become dazed.

He was so surprised that he engaged his love mode and hearts flowed up and popped. Rarity then gave him a big hug and he hugged back.

Then, all of a sudden, everyone's moments were ruined by the water still rising. Everyone huddled closer together as the water slowly crept up.

Then, they saw a spiked fin surrounding them. "It's that thing from before!" Rainbow said. Everyone got scared as the sea monster's circles got closer and closer.

Then, it stopped right in front of them. The sea monster raised it's head out of the water and looked at the group. He then chirped roars at them.

Fluttershy immediately knew what the sea monster was saying. "He wants us to hop on" Fluttershy said. "You can understand him" Rainbow said.

Then Discord put a finger over her mouth. "She's Fluttershy, obviously she can understand animals" Discord said. "He he, Right" Rainbow said.

Fluttershy grabbed Angel and hopped on it. Then, the others followed. When they were all on, the sea monster raced toward the log boat. Twilight cheered.

"I can't believe he's helping us" Applejack said. "I can" Fluttershy said. She rubbed his rough neck, which he enjoyed.

The sea monster then stopped at the path way up to the boat. Everyone hopped off and ran to the boat, except Fluttershy.

"Thank you, sea monster" Fluttershy said, thanking him. The sea monster let out a roar in triumph. "Fluttershy!" The group shouted at her.

"Well, see you later. Bye bye!" Fluttershy said cheerfully, waving and then running up the path.

The sea monster nodded and waved his foot at her before submerging back underwater into the depths.