• Published 4th Jun 2019
  • 1,190 Views, 113 Comments

The Horizon Adventures - GT3RS



The Main 7 take on Horizon Britain. A crossover story between MLP:EG and Forza Horizon 4.

  • ...
2
 113
 1,190

The Trials: Cross Country

Maverick walked around the back of the main building to the car park, reserved for Horizon VIPs and staff, the girls followed closely behind him.

Three cars sat parked next to each other in the left corner of the car park. The strange part was they weren't the Porsche GT3 RS, Mercedes X-Class and RS200 Evo that Maverick said about.

In their own spots sat a LEGO McLaren Senna, a LEGO Mini Cooper and a LEGO Ferrari F40 Competitizone

"Woah, LEGO cars! You seen this before Twi?" Rainbow Dash asked.

She got no response except for something hitting the ground. The girls turned around to see Twilight on the floor, unconscious.

"Something tells me she hasn't," Sunset replied.


After Twilight had woken up from fainting at the sight of life-sized driveable LEGO cars, the girls made their way over to the Whitewater Falls Cross County event, it was made into a practice event for the day, letting the girls get to grips with driving powerful supercars and beastly off-road vehicles. The event started at Slate Quarry and ended beside Derwent Water Lake.

Twilight offered to drive the McLaren Senna, Applejack offered to drive the Mini Cooper and Rarity offered to drive the F40 C, the rest of the girls hopped into Maverick's safety team BMW X6.

The start of the route was marked with a big overhead sign that read 'Horizon Festival' in bright neon red, barriers were placed along the corners of the route and blocked off any roads so that traffic couldn't interfere with the girls.

"Okay, everything is set up, let's get you girls into some cars and hopefully by the end of the day you'll be able to drive like pros!" Maverick said.

"Well what are we waiting for?" exclaimed Rainbow. "Who's going first?"

Twilight jumped at the offer, "I'll go! Where's that Senna?"

"Right over near the startin' line sugarcube," Applejack replied.

Twilight wasted no time in getting into the car and sitting in the drivers seat, which was surprisingly made out of carbon fibre and not plastic.

"Ooh, comfy," Twilight said, turning on the engine.

Maverick walked up to the window and Twilight rolled it down, "Don't worry about pieces of the car falling off, we have enough spare parts to rebuild the whole thing. Just try not to crash into a tree."

"Got it, focus on driving," she responded before putting her helmet on.

"Try to get a good time too, it will help when you're actually racing," he reminded her.

"Mmhmm," was the only response Maverick got from under Twilight's helmet.

The girls stood at the side of the road as the lights went from red to yellow to green, Twilight shot the car into 1st gear and set off, making sure to pass through the checkpoints as she rushed through dense trees.

"Are we gonna meet her at the finish or what?" Sunset asked.

"Nope, we'll get the time it took her to complete the course and she'll drive back to the start, where you girls will go next," Maverick replied.


For a LEGO McLaren Senna, the car handled surprisingly well. But not while cutting through fields and driving on dirt roads.

Twilight turned the wheel to the right, narrowly missing another tree. Maverick did say get a good time, but she thought that doing 115mph off-road was a bad idea.

She decreased the car's speed to 80mph and focused on the course.

Whew, that was close. This isn't the game, that would have probably killed me, Twilight thought as she pulled a sharp left onto another dirt path, swinging the back end out.

"Focus on my driving, I can do that," Twilight reassured herself. She could do that, right?

That seemed to become harder and harder by the second. Sure Twilight was amazingly good at Forza when it was a game, but she barely knew how to actually drive despite using her wheel setup often.

She finally saw the end of the course marked by purple flags, there was nothing she could hit at the end so she decided to accelerate through.

She blasted through the finish doing 140mph, she hit the handbrake and the car came to a screeching halt.

Twilight's phone started to vibrate, wondering who was calling her she fished it from her pocket and answered, "Hello?"

"You got to the end alright? You didn't crash did you?" Rarity asked through the phone.

"No I didn't, what was my time? It better be good," Twilight responded.

"Maverick told me it was four minutes and fourty nine seconds, is that good or not?" Rarity replied.

"FOUR MINUTES AND FOURTY NINE SECONDS?! That's horrible! I've gotten two and a half in an Aventador Forza Edition.. A FORZA EDITION!" Twilight said in disbelief.

There was a short pause before Rarity spoke.

"Oh, uhh, I don't know what to say darling. Racing isn't something I'm familiar with."

"Yes I know, sorry Rarity. But that is a really bad time, I've gotten better than that before!" Twilight said, calmer than she was before.

There was another short pause before Rarity said anything.

"Well, we'll see you soon, talk to you later," Rarity replied just as she was about to end the call.

"Rarity! I need to tell you something." Twilight responded through the phone.

"Whats that dear?"

"Can you tell everyone else to NOT drive the Senna off-road? It may handle like a beast on the road but it's terrible on dirt."

"Uh, sure. I'll let them know," Rarity said.

"Thanks, talk to you soon," Twilight said before the line went silent.

I've done way better than that! Crappy LEGO cars... Twilight thought.


The grey Senna came into view of the girls and stopped next to the start line, Twilight lifted herself out of the car with a scowl on her face.

Sunset quickly took notice, "Did something happen Twi?" she asked.

"Yes, something did happen. I got four minutes and fourty nine."

She handed the car keys to Sunset and sat down in a nearby chair, pouting over the time it took her to complete the course.

Sunset decided she could wait and let someone else try to battle the course as she went to go and calm down Twilight.

Rainbow Dash jumped at the opportunity with glee, "Ooh, I'll do it! This'll be a piece of cake."

With Rainbow's fate sealed, she got into one of the other cars that were avaliable, the LEGO Mini Cooper.

Upon turning on the engine, Rainbow slowly maneuvered the car to the starting line.

The lights changed from red to yellow to green and Rainbow took off down the path, near missing one of the barriers.

Twilight smiled at the sight, Rainbow wasn't as awesome as she always says.

It wasn't long before Maverick announced Rainbow achieved a time of six minutes and twenty eight seconds, this just made Twilight smile even more.

She soon returned with the Mini Cooper, a piece of the front bumper was missing and one of the rear lights was cracked. The car came to a slow stop as Rainbow stepped out, looking dazed.

Twilight's smile grew to a size that would have made Pinkie Pie jealous.


After two more hours of racing at death defying speeds across dirt, the girls crowded around Maverick and his computer to find out who did best.

In first place was Applejack with four minutes and twenty nine seconds.
In second place was Twilight with four minutes and fourty nine seconds.
In third place was Sunset with five minutes and two seconds.
In fourth place was Pinkie Pie with five minutes and thirty seven seconds.
In fifth place was Rarity with six minutes and four seconds.
In sixth place was Rainbow Dash with six minutes and twenty eight seconds.
And lastly in seventh place was Fluttershy with eleven minutes and fifty two seconds.

"I don't like going fast," Fluttershy mumbled as she back to the safety car.

Author's Note:

Yes, Whitewater Falls is a real track in Horizon 4, I was sitting at my TV while writing that part. I made a slight change to the end of the course as there's a house at the end of the track in Horizon 4 that Twilight would have went head on into.