• Published 11th Aug 2012
  • 1,095 Views, 22 Comments

Baking Bad - Tank the Dragon



After some news from the doctor, Pinkie Pie decides to make some money for the Cakes with AppleJack.

  • ...
4
 22
 1,095

Prologue

It was the early hours of the morning. Pinkie Pie was in the best party ever with everypony in Ponyville, which she knew all of their names. She was hanging around her friends, just sitting around talking as they had grown tired of dancing to the beats from the DJ-Pon3, Vinyl Scratch. Well, Pinkie could still dance, but it wasn’t much fun without her best friends.

“Oh Pinkie, you always throw the most elegant parties.” Rarity said, sipping some punch.

“Thank you” Pinkie said before immediately turning to her good friend Twilight, “Elegant means fun, right?”

Twilight thought about it for a moment, “I think so…”

Pinkie smiled and looked at her friends. She was, of course, talking with Rarity and Twilight Sparkle. She hasn’t really hung out with Rarity enough, other than a few shopping trip. She was thinking about changing that. Maybe she could help at theCarousel Boutique. Twilight on the other hoof, was her best friend, even if they don’t understand each other. Well, it was mostly Twi that didn’t understand her.

Rainbow Dash was back on the dance floor, chatting with the Wonderbolts. Pinkie had invited them just for her friend. It’s been a dream of hers for quite some time and Pinkie was going to be as supportive as possible. Applejack and Fluttershy have been talking to each other for quite some time. Pinkie wasn’t sure what they were talking about, but they broke out laughing every once in a while.

Everything was going smoothly. Then again, it was a Pinkie Pie party. Everypony was dancing, laughing, and just having a good time. That’s when the beat stopped and everypony cheered for another dance song. The DJ started to change the records. “Awwww yeah! This next one goes out to our favorite party starter.” She dropped the needle down onto the vinyl, “Pinkie, this one goes out to you!”

It was silent for a moment. Then there was the sound of two baby ponies blasted out the speakers. That’s when Pinkie opened her eyes. She was in her bed, looking at the ceiling. She rubbed her eyes and some sweat from her forehead. The 2 baby cakes had woken her up. She toke a glance at the clock. 7:37, same time as yesterday. And every day before that.

She rubbed her eyes again and walked over the mirror. Pinkie knew she had bed head, but had to check. Flat hair. Yep, it was bed head. She quickly messed it up to the cotton-candy mane everypony knew before half-sleepwalking down the hall.
She arrived at the nursery to find Ms. Cake already changing the baby pegasus Pound Cake. Ms. Cake yawned “Morning Pinkie.”

“Morning Ms. Cake. Is it 7:40 already?” She nodded as Pinkie picked up Pumpkin Cake, “I know it’s the same time every day, but it feels earlier every time.”

Ms. Cake chuckled, “Yeah, but it worth it to have these bundles of joy around.”

Pinked smiled, changing the unicorn for the morning. “Yeah, I do enjoy having them around… Can you pass the…” Pinkie broke out into a cough. When she stopped, she finished the sentence “ The baby powder?”

Ms. Cake tossed the powder to Pinkie. “Dear, you should really get that cough checked. It’s been 2 weeks.”

“I have an appointment this afternoon.” She turned back to find Pumpkin Cake trying to levitate herself away. Pinkie calmly placed one hoof on top of the baby and lightly pushed her back to the table.

This had become a daily routine for Pinkie. She would wake up at 7:37 exactly to the sound of the young ponies needing a change. After changing them with Ms. Cake, she would go down stairs for whatever Mr. Cake decided to make. Today, it was pancakes.

“So Pinkie, the Ms. tells me you have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon?”

“Yes-siree-bob. I’m finally going this cough checked.”

“Really? Well Pinkie, why don’t you take the day off?”

Pinkie smiled on the inside, the Cakes were always so nice to her. “Oh, no-no-no-no-no. I couldn’t do that. There’s so much to do. I’ll just take 1/2 a day. Or maybe 3/4 of a day. 2/3 of a day? Maybe it’s more like…” Pinkie coughed again, a little bit worse than the one earlier this morning.

“Pinkie, just try to take it easy, ok?”

Pinkie started to walk away from the table,“Ok.”

The Cakes looked at the half eaten breakfast. "Pinkie, dear," Ms. Cake began, "Don't you think you should eat a bit more than that?"

"Oh no, I fine." Pinkie grabbed her first deliveries of the day.

"You sure?"

"Yes-siree-bob." She began skipping out the door. “See you all later.”