• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 1,296 Views, 12 Comments

A Sparkle In Her Eye - Raff



After a magical accident, Twilight Sparkle is humanised and stranded on Earth.

  • ...
1
 12
 1,296

Chapter Two

I paced rapidly back and forth around the lounge room, my head still spinning from the sheer craziness of the situation.
Not only did I have a girl here - a situation that hadn't occurred in far longer than I care to admit - but she was a beautiful girl. Stunning, really.
There was a beautiful girl unconscious on my couch, who was actually a cartoon pony that had been teleported here by magic.

I'd draped her in a spare blanket I'd pulled from my room, hoping it would keep her warm enough while she rested.
A scene ran through my head of that same pony pacing around her house so much that she wore a rut in the floor, and I stopped to chuckle.

She hadn't moved much since she passed out on the roof almost an hour ago. I'd managed to just catch her before she hit her head on the ground, but the hardest part was getting her back through the kitchen.
I cringed as I remembered hiding her behind a sack of flour at one point, just before Chef Michiba came past me with an armful of Foie Gras.
I made a mental reminder never to tell Twilight about that.

With one last glance at her, I left the room and tip toed to the kitchen.
I wasn't sure what sort of drinks they had in Equestria, but my Mother always told me that if you're stressed, then som peppermint tea will fix it.

As the teapot boiled slowly on the stove, I sat on the single chair I had and stared at the doorway to the lounge room.
I didn't even know what to think anymore.
The teapot began to whistle so I stood with a heavy sigh.
From the lounge room, I heard Twilight moan sleepily.

Her eyes were open when I walked in, and she was curled up in a fetal position.
I cleared my throat softly and she flicked her eyes up to me, then looked away.

"Are... Are you okay, Twilight?" I regretted the words as soon as they were out of my mouth.

She kept staring straight ahead, but I could see her eyes narrow. "Oh yes, I'm fine. Perfectly. Fine."

I cringed slightly and tried to move on. "I um... I made some... That is, I don't know whether you'd want a cup of... I mean if you would like I've got..." I paused to pull out the foot that had become firmly lodged in my mouth."Would you like a cup of tea?"

Twilight nodded so slightly it was almost imperceptible. "Thank you." She whispered.

We both sat in silence as she sipped at the tea, the blanket still wrapped around her shoulders.
The minutes passed with not a sound between the two of us, and I started to wonder if I should say something.
Then I heard a deep growling noise echo throughout the room.
I stood up suddenly and looked around. I didn't remember ever buying a dog, and I'm sure I closed the door on my way in, so there's no way any could have gotten in.
Slowly, I turned to look at Twilight.

She had her face hidden behind the mug and I could see the slightest of smiles on her lips.
"Sorry..." She mumbled from behind her hands. "I guess I am a little peckish."

I tried to hold back a smile. "That's okay. Can I get you anything?"

Then she was crying.

I stepped forward and sat on the couch beside her. "Twilight, I - I'm sorry. I didn't think, I just..."

She sniffed and wiped away a tear from her cheek. "No, it's not you... I was supposed to be going to Raritys for dinner tonight, it's her birthday today. Pinkie and Applejack were baking her a cake and..." She collapsed forward with her head cradled on her knees, the half empty cup of tea falling to the floor and cracking. Her shoulders heaved up and down as she sobbed in to her arms.

Without thinking, I put my arm around her and placed my head on her shoulder. "Don't worry." I whispered. "It's going to be okay."

She flung my arm off of her and stood, glaring at me with her puffy red eyes. "How can you say that?!" She shrieked at me. "You don't know that! I could be stuck here forever! What about my friends? What about my parents? I'm probably never going to..." Her voice cracked slightly. "I'm probably never going to see them again. So don't you daretry to tell me that it's going to be okay, because it isn't!"

I jumped up and pointed a finger at her. "Hey, if it wasn't for me you'd still be stuck freezing on that rooftop! I've bought you in to my house and done my best to make you comfortable!" I didn't realise I'd begun to yell. "You haven't even done so much as thank me yet, you're acting like this is all my fault!"

"I said thank you for the tea, didn't I?" She spat petulantly.

"Oh you're welcome! You're also welcome for using my couch and taking care of you!" My stomach began to tighten as I got angrier, and a small voice in my head tried to tell me to stop.

"I don't even know you!" She yelled back at me. "I didn't want to come to this world! I never asked to look like this!" She gestured to her body with her hand. "I dont want to look like this, and I don't want to stay here!"

I stomped past her and opened the door. "Fine then, leave!"

She glared at me, kicked the neglected mug in to the wall and stormed out in to the night.

I slammed the door shut behind her, grating my teeth in anger. If she wanted to fix this on her own, then fine. She didn't ask for my help in the first place, and if she didn't want it then I sure as hell wasn't going to give it to her.