• Published 6th May 2019
  • 2,625 Views, 134 Comments

Different Events - Moonlight Bloom



Starlight had done it: She successfully prevented the rainboom and destroyed the time spell. Now, there's only one way Twilight and Spike can save the future: Help their friends earn their cutie marks.

  • ...
0
 134
 2,625

Ch. 1 - Torn Apart

"No.”

Starlight looked up at Twilight through her tears. She began to pull her hoof back as her face tensed in anger once again. "It wasn't my fault!” she snarled, “I was ready to keep our friendship alive! Sunburst was the one who let things fall apart!" She gripped the time-scroll tighter in her telekinetic aura, and firmly stood her ground upon a cloud.

"But were you just waiting for Sunburst to reach out, or did you try to stay friends with Sunburst?" Twilight asked, standing a few feet in front of Starlight, Spike sitting tightly on her back.

"How was I supposed to know how to contact him!?" Starlight snapped. "He left without a goodbye! How's an 11-year-old filly supposed to find where in Canterlot her friend moved to!? If Sunburst wanted to keep in touch, he should've called or wrote to me!"

Twilight’s eyebrows furrowed in worry. "So maybe that friendship didn't work out, but that doesn't mean that all friendships will end like that! Starlight, please, you're just trapping yourself in fear!"

Starlight gritted her teeth "What I'm 'trapping' myself in, is reality, Twilight! And the reality is, not every pony is important enough for her friends to stick by! Not every ending is a happy ending! But you wouldn't know that, would you? Your life is perfect! You're an Alicorn Princess, you're surrounded by friends, and you've never had your greatest source of happiness ripped away from you!" The mare's eyes bore daggers into Twilight's. "For just once in your life, maybe you ought to know what it feels like to lose something you cherish!"

"Starlight I–"

Twilight gasped, as she witnessed her fear come to fruition.

With a face tensed with hatred, Starlight looked to the time-scroll and tore two ends apart as hard as she could, splitting it and destroying the spell.

Twilight's heart nearly stopped. Spike gripped her mane all the more. There was no more reset button, no longer a way to erase their mistakes; this chance was now their only one to fix things. Worse still, Twilight and Spike wouldn't have a way home even if they did fix things. Eyes wide and mouth agape, Twilight stared in catatonic horror at the point where the time scroll was last whole.

Watching her, Starlight released the halves into the windy Cloudsdale air. "And that’s what it feels like to lose your friends.”

Twilight continued to stare as a tear ran down her face.

Starlight then levitated herself up, turned, and blasted a turquoise beam toward a speeding Rainbow Dash. The beam hit the filly, stopping her momentum, and entrapping her in a bulky crystal structure. Immediately, Rainbow began plummeting towards the ground below.

Twilight felt a yank on her mane from a more alert Spike. “Huh?” she exclaimed, looking around to try and figure out what had occurred in the past few seconds.

Spike pointed down towards the large crystal boulder falling through the sky. Twilight gasped before swooping down to race toward the entrapped filly as fast as she possibly could.

Upon getting close, Twilight powered up her horn and fired ultrasonic vibration spell. A continuous stream of sound-waves, vibrating at the resonant frequency of the crystal structure, hit the young Rainbow Dash’s prison, and in a few seconds, caused the crystal to burst into thousands of small shards.

Twilight dove under Rainbow, catching her in her forelegs, and immediately began flying back up towards Cloudsdale.

Once she had landed, the filly was gently set upon the clouds.

The young Rainbow Dash turned her wide-eyed gaze up towards her rescuer.

“Y-You saved my life! I-I thought I was gonna die, but you just swooped right in and-” Rainbow gasped. “–Wait, you’re an alicorn!? My life just got saved by an alicorn!?” she shouted, loud enough to echo even despite all the clouds.

Everypony in the vicinity whipped their heads around. Immediately, they began flooding over to Twilight, asking her who she was, where she came from, and what she was doing at a Cloudsdale summer flight camp.

Now surrounded by a sea of mostly young ponies, Twilight looked past the crowd as best she could, trying to find Starlight Glimmer. She finally spotted what she was looking for: a light pink coat, with a purple, aquamarine-streaked tail.

Twilight teleported herself and Spike above the crowd, and immediately bolted toward her target.

As she zipped away though, Rainbow's voice shouted from the crowd: "Hey wait! I never got your name, or why you saved me!" However, it was unheard by Twilight.

Meanwhile, the light-pink mare found herself being thrown to the ground, pinned under a very angry alicorn.

“Alright Starlight, you're–” Twilight froze, the anger vanishing from her face.

“W-Who the hay are you?” the frightened mare asked. She had wings and sea-green eyes; clearly not Starlight.

Twilight's face turned beet red. “I-I'm so sorry!” she apologized in a panic, backing off the mare.

The mare dashed away.

"Real smooth, Twi," Spike remarked sarcastically.

Looking around the general area, Twilight's eyebrows sunk in worry as she failed to catch any glimpse of the delinquent unicorn.

Taking off into the main city, she began to ask nearly everypony on the street if they had seen a light pink self-levitating unicorn, with a purple, aquamarine-streaked mane.

“Nope, sorry.”

“Can’t say that I have.”

“Not in Cloudsdale.”

Flying up higher to take another look around, Twilight let out a stressful sigh. “Where is she!?” she whined, nervously darting her eyes all over.

“Where do you think she is?” Spike asked, gripping her mane.

“I don’t know, Spike! She could have anything planned!”

“You mean like turning Princess Celestia against us!?”

“Spike! That’s–“ Twilight paused, biting her lip as she thought. “...not out of the question,” she sighed. “We’re really in trouble this time...” she lamented, shaking her head as she prepared to continue searching.