• Published 18th Mar 2019
  • 6,665 Views, 2,279 Comments

A Sweetie Dream Land - Lucar



Sweetie Belle finds herself in another world, working for a fat penguin self proclaimed king.

  • ...
8
 2,279
 6,665

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 33: Waterworld

The portal dropped the group not in water as they thought, but on land, showing that this world was not just made of water. They actually seemed to be on an elongated island in the middle of an archipelago. That reminded Sweetie of the water world that she and Kirby had visited to invoke Nova, and she wondered if it was a common type of world in this universe. They could see a big cliff a little farther that they could join if they followed the island, and they already started to think that it was their destination.

"This way Ribbon?" Adeleine asked.

After a quick look at the crystal, the fairy answered with a "Yup!" followed by, "For now, no shards in the water around us."

Waddle Dee took a big breath. "Aah... After this arid world, it's nice to be here. The air is refreshing."

Dedede and Kirby followed his example and took a big breath of fresh air too, Dedede saying, "Yeah... It makes me want to just rest here and not do anything."

"As nice as it would be, we can't," Sweetie Belle said before sighing. "We still have to save Ribbon's world." She then smiled at them. "But we can try to come back here once it is over. Thanks to the Warp Star, we can go to other worlds. We will just have to find where this world is..."

This made the others sigh in disappointment before nodding. And at that, they started walking toward the cliff, rapidly beating some volcano-like creature that had been approaching them with clear bad intentions. They had to jump above or walk around a few hole in the way, with fishes that weren't Blippers jumping out of them. After them, Kirby saw one of these duck-like green round enemies with a bald top with a dark green spiked hollow hat around it. These creatures attacked by throwing their hat, trying to cut them with it. Kirby understood that it will give him another Ability and decided to give up the Fire, wanting to change, before eating the duck, effectively giving him the Cutter Ability that should be more useful than the fire.

Soon after Kirby getting the Cutter Ability, they reached the end of the island, where they saw a bridge leading to the island with the cliff while passing by two islets with Glunks on them. At the base of the cliff, they found out that there was a tunnel and entered it.

The tunnel led to a big cave where they will have to climb, having no other way to continue, and after battling a Glunk and some red crab, they found some floating, green, living spherical blob smiling at them without moving. Dedede was about to smash it with his hammer, only for Kirby to get in the way shouting "Poyo!" and stopping him.

Dedede raised an eyebrow, but before he could ask anything, Sweetie beat him by asking, "This is not an enemy?"

Kirby nodded, smiled, and jumped in the blob. The face of the blob then turned up toward a platform before Kirby was suddenly propelled toward it.

"So they propel us like cannons?" Waddle Dee asked.

"At least, this is not as risky. I remember the first cannon that I tried to use blowing up with me and Kirby inside. And the second turned into a rocket. I don't think these blobs will ever explode," Sweetie Belle said, giggling at the end.

"Yeah, I know what you mean..." Waddle Dee replied. "I hate defective cannons. I stopped counting the number of times me and the others complained about this to the Cannonmakers."

"Oh? You mean those cannons aren't there from the start?" Sweetie Belle asked. "I thought that that was just another weird thing of this universe, having cannons everywhere to transport us. With the food popping anywhere, that wouldn't have been surprising."

"Oh no, there are actually people creating those cannons. It's a galactic organisation with many subsidiary companies, including one in Popstar, creating and installing cannons to make travelling easier, because it can be hard, with all those walls and platforms and holes."

Sweetie Belle looked at Waddle Dee for a few seconds and said, "O...kay..."


"Hey! That's not a bad idea! I take it! This will make Equus more fun to travel!" Discord shouted, taking note.

"All of my yes!" Pinkie shouted.

"I think I will keep the normal way," Twilight said.


After using a few of these blobs to climb up, finding a shard along the way, they reached the top of the cavern only to traverse a small passage leading to an even bigger room with some bridges passing above a small lake not deep as they saw that the ground was only a few inches below the surface of the water, so they could simply walk through the lake. Anyway, when Kirby decided to pass by the bridges, the first one collapsed under him, making him fall into the water, making the others giggle.

Dedede had the glorious idea to simply jump above the bridges before spotting some meat on Star Blocks in front of a hole in the wall beside them. Not saying no to some meat, he jumped on them to take it only for some giant lizard with a frog-like head to pop out of the hole and gobble him before getting back in the hole.

"Dedede!"

"Great King!"

"Poyo!"

Before they had time to rescue him, they heard a loud noise coming from the hole, as if something was violently hitting the wall, followed by some Wham! Bam! Paf! Vlan! with some dust coming out of the hole. Not long after the noises ended, Dedede got out of the hole, unscathed, getting rid of some dust on his clothes before eating the meat. He was quickly joined by the others.

"My king! Are you alright?" Waddle Dee asked.

"Of course!" Dedede answered proudly.

"You scared us!" Sweetie Belle shouted.

"Ha! As if I would let myself get eaten by some oversized frog or whatever that would normally end on my plate!"

After this small fright, no incident happened the rest of the way, except Kirby changing his Ability from Cutter to Bomb by eating a Poppy before they entered a small passage. At the other end, Sweetie was almost speared by some human-like creature with red hairs attached by a yellow bow and wearing a brown piece of cloth. The filly barely avoided the spear thrown at her by jumping back before Waddle Dee took the spear and charged at the creature screaming, "Yaaaah!". He was able to knock away his, or her spear, before cutting her, then bonking her on the head with the back end of his new weapon, beating her.

"Good job, Waddle Dee," Dedede congratulated.

"Thank you, Great King."

"You seem to be good with that spear. You should keep it for now, just in case," Sweetie Belle said.

"This could be the weapon you needed," Adeleine said.

Waddle Dee looked at the spear. "Maybe? I wasn't really thinking when I attacked."

Kirby put an arm on him and nodded to encourage him before resuming the journey, Ribbon, Adeleine, and Dedede following him. "We will quickly see if you like the spear," Sweetie Belle said beside Waddle Dee. "Let's go." She then followed the others.

After a few more seconds of looking at the spear, Waddle Dee nodded while saying, "Yes," and followed them.

They passed beside many waterfalls before reaching the end of the room, Waddle Dee testing his skills with the spear on the creatures in the way, including another human-like being at the end, and he thought that this may not be a bad weapon to use. It had a good range and he could easily attack the enemies with it, dealing some great damage, unlike the parasol from earlier.

Maybe with some training, he could become a good Spear Waddle Dee.

After the small passage at the end, they ended up in a small room guarded by a big Tick, a drop-shaped creature with a white body and a red top that could turn into an extending spike with a really big range that could pass through platforms. The group was actually on a bridge linking the two ends of the room, the passages closing once they were all there. The bridge not being large, they were forced to be in a single file with Kirby first, followed by Dedede, Sweetie Belle, Waddle Dee, and Adeleine at the end, Ribbon flying above them.

A red spike suddenly poke out from under Adeleine, poking her on the butt and making her jump in pain toward the ceiling.

"There are other Ticks under the bridge!" Sweetie Belle shouted.

"Then while Kirby and the king deal with the big one, let's deal with them," Waddle Dee said.

At that, the two of them jumped from the bridge to eliminate the Ticks under it, just in time to avoid Adeleine being poked again as she fell back. Meanwhile, the teamwork of Kirby's bombs and Dedede's hammer rapidly had reason of the big Tick, opening the exit and a small hole under the bridge with a shard. Taking it, and after seeing if Adeleine was alright ("I will not be able to sit until I find something to eat!"), they exited the room, and following the passage, they exited the cave.

After another series of small holes with fishes or those ducks jumping out of them, they got to a big bridge that seemed to lead to a wall. The bridge was above a giant waterfall that made it look like there was a hole in the ocean, an unique spectacle in Sweetie's eyes. At the same time, Ribbon, after shooting some projectiles at an enemy that looked like lightning on a black cloud, looked at the crystal and started to fly left and right, finding that the wall was actually a big pillar.

She said, "There is a shard inside it," pointing at the pillar.

"Seems like it's hammer time!" Dedede shouted.

"No, wait!" Ribbon shouted back, having flown a little further down beside the pillar. "There is a hole, and I can see the shard! I can reach it!" She then pointed under the bridge. "There are other bridges under this one! With a big one made of wooden planks at the bottom passing under the pillar! You can use it to pass! Just watch out! There are many Ticks!"

"Why go under the pillar when we can go around it?" Sweetie Belle asked, making a shield platform and jumping on it with a giggle.

Adeleine took the occasion to repaint Kracko before jumping on him, and the whole group flew around the pillar, Waddle Dee going on Dedede's back. After the bridge, they had to pass a few more holes with ducks jumping out of them before taking another bridge that led them to what seemed to be a giant forested island.


After some minutes, they reached a river that they had to follow until entering an old structure, the entrance being a big passage by where the river passed. Not long after entering, they were stopped by a precipice, with what seemed to be a very old and unstable bridge made of rock the only way to traverse it. Waddle Dee slowly put a foot on it, only for the part of the bridge on which he put it to collapse, but not making the whole thing fall.

After nodding at each other, they jumped above the small hole in the bridge and ran on it, quickly crossing it before it collapsed. Once done, they sighed in relief before continuing, having to jump on an elevated floor where the exit was. That led to a pyramid-shaped room with a bridge above them, the entrance closing behind them, and Ribbon pointed up. They jumped on the bridge where they got rid of a crab, then on another bridge above it with another crab, and finally on a third bridge with a big crab that didn't last much longer than the others. Ribbon pointed at the ceiling above the third bridge, and Kirby threw a bomb at it, blowing it and opening a hole, revealing a shard.

They exited the room through a big crack in the wall, leading them outside of the structure where there was a pile of logs. Jumping on the logs to get down, they landed back in the water of the river, seeing that they were nearing rapids, and found three rafts that looked like small square boats. Waddle Dee gasped and rushed to the rafts before taking one and putting it in the water, waving at Dedede.

"Great King! Let's go!"

"Ohoh! I like your idea!" Dedede said. He jumped on the raft behind Waddle Dee, and the raft started to advance, quickly gaining speed. "Yeeeeehaaaw!!!"

Watching them go, Sweetie quickly took the last two rafts, put them in the water, and jumped on one. "Come on! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" she shouted excitedly.

Kirby jumped behind her while Adeleine jumped n the other, Ribbon getting on her lap. Soon, they were gone, hurtling through the rapids with Sweetie yelling "WIIIIIIIIII!!!" and rapidly catching up to Waddle Dee and Dedede, Kirby and Sweetie's raft taking the lead.

"Hey! What do you think you are doing? I was first!" Dedede shouted.

Kirby turned to Dedede, pulled is eyelid, and stuck out his tongue. "Bweeeh!"

"Ah yeah?! This is on! Come on Waddle Dee!"

"Yes! My king!"

"Don't forget about us!" Adeleine shouted while Ribbon laughed.

At this moment, the descent through the rapids became a race between the three rafts, sometime one of theme having to jump above an obstacle or eliminating a creature in the way, often crabs. Team Dedede got back the lead only to be stolen the place by team Adeleine before they reached a big waterfall with a shard floating. Adeleine made the raft jump and caught the shard, giving it to Ribbon once they landed in the water at the bottom. Team Dedede's raft landed behind them, and to everyone's surprise, Team Kirby's raft fell just in front, Sweetie Belle using her tail like a propeller to gain speed.

"Cheater!" Dedede shouted.

"There are no rules!" Sweetie Belle shouted back.

"Oh! So they take it this way?" Adeleine said with a smile before taking a blank paper and drawing a mast with sail, putting it in the middle of the raft, then drawing a big electric fan, using it on the sail to gain speed, leaving behind Team Dedede.

"Oh no! What do we do my king?" Waddle Dee said in panic.

"Don't worry, I got it!" the king reassured before turning around, putting the head of his hammer in the water, and making it turn like a propeller. Waddle Dee decided to help him by rowing with his arms, not doing much difference. They were still able to pass Adeleine and Ribbon after jumping another waterfall, only for Kirby and Sweetie to put their raft in front of them, not wanting to let them pass. "Waddle Dee! Take my place and use your spear to propel us!"

"Yes, Great King!" Waddle Dee shouted, doing so while Dedede got in the front of the raft.

Dedede smirked and said, "There are no rules, right? Then it's alright if I do this!" He then put his head in the water, took a big breath, inhaling a great quantity, before spitting it right toward Team Kirby, causing Sweetie to stop propelling them.

"Hey!"

"Poyo!"

"AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Did you like it?!" Dedede shouted as they got the lead, only for something to fall in the water in front of his raft, causing a wave to appear. They found themselves pushed by it as they heard Adeleine laugh.

"Did you like it?!" she shouted, a big cannon at the front of her raft, maned by Ribbon. Adeleine now wore a tricorne on her head and a black eyepatch on her left eye. Ribbon simply wore a red bandana. Adeleine took her brush and pointed at both other teams now side by side in front of their raft, shouting, "Fire!"

Ribbon saluted her, shouting back, "Yes my captain!" and fired the cannon.

"Poyo!" Kirby took a bomb and threw it at the cannonball, destroying it.

"Fire!" Adeleine shouted again.

"Nope!" Dedede swung his hammer at the cannonball, deflecting it back at Adeleine and Ribbon.

The cannonball fell behind their raft, creating a wave that propelled them closer to the two other teams, eventually ending at Team Dedede's right, while Team Kirby was at their left. A problem appeared however as they approached another waterfall, a giant one this time. The problem?

"Captain!" Ribbon shouted in panic. "We are sinking!"

"Aaaah! Us too!" Waddle Dee shouted.

"Quick! We must drain the raft!" Dedede shouted, starting to use his hands to get the water out of the raft.

"It's no use! There are holes in all our rafts!" Sweetie Belle shouted.

Kirby waved his arms around in panic, yelling, "Poyo!" again and again.

In their panic, they didn't see that they reached the waterfall, and the three rafts fell, everyone screaming in fear. They quickly used all the means they had to slow their fall, Ribbon grabbing Adeleine before flying and Dedede grabbing Waddle Dee, the rafts breaking into pieces when they crashed at the bottom. They landed in the river in the middle of the broken pieces that started to be carried by the current.

They looked at each other before Sweetie and Ribbon started to laugh.

"That was fun!" the fairy shouted. "You make a good pirate Adeleine!"

"Thanks," Adeleine said as she started laughing with the rest.

"And you!" Dedede said, nogging Sweetie Belle, making her squeal. "You are one sneaky filly, trying to pull a fast one on us using that trick with your tail!"

"We will SO do it again back at Popstar!" Waddle Dee shouted.

"And this time, there will be a winner!" Dedede said.

"We will invite more people, then! It will be even funnier!" Sweetie Belle proposed.

"Of course!" the king confirmed. "I can feel that this will be a big competition!"

Kirby jumped in excitement. "Poyo! Poyo!"

They started walk while discussing the details of a potential boat race in Popstar, when they suddenly stopped at seeing what was in front of them.

Waddle Dee gasped. "An Invincibility Candy!"

"Poyo!" Kirby shouted in joy before running to the candy. Before taking it, he watched Sweetie Belle with some doubts.

"Erh... Go on... But I don't know if they know..."

"About what?" Adeleine asked.

"That if we all want to profit of the candy's power, then Kirby must give it through mouth to mouth."

"Oh yes. We know. What is the problem?" Dedede asked.

"Isn't this... weird?"

"No. Why?" Waddle Dee asked.

"Uh... Because this is the case in my world..." she said with an embarrassed smile.

"Ohh... Poyo," Kirby said, bumping his right arm on the left.

"I see..." Dedede said. "Well, news flash for you, this is a common thing in Popstar. Using mouth to mouth to share the healing properties of food, or in this case, the invincibility of the candy, is absolutely not weird." He smirked. "Of course, this explains this scene that I was told about that happened in Grass Land. Your first kiss, right?"

"Eep! P-please! Dedede!" Sweetie Belle shouted, her face all red, making Dedede guffaw.

Adeleine giggled before petting the filly. "So Kirby did some mouth to mouth with you, and you thought of it as your first kiss, right?" she guessed.

She nodded.

"Then knowing that this is a normal thing in Popstar, you can now stop thinking of it this way. That was just... a mouth to mouth to heal you."

"M-maybe... This will take time... Besides..." She turned to Dedede, smirking. "You know that this means that you will have to do a mouth to mouth with Kirby?"

Dedede stopped laughing and looked at Kirby in horror, before sighing. "I few months ago, I would have screamed 'no'. But now, I suppose that I can accept it."

Sweetie smiled at that. Yeah, at first, Dedede really hated Kirby, but now, after Kirby saving him two times, after having started to know him, having passed some time with him, having competitions with him in the Gourmet Races, and now, teaming up to fight a common foe, this hate had pretty much disappeared to let place to some 'friendly' rivalry. She could sees that Dedede still had a big grudge against Kirby, but not to the point anymore of wanting to murder him. Now, again, it was just rivalry, Dedede wanting to best Kirby, one way, or another, while respecting him.

She was then kissed given a mouth to mouth by Kirby, receiving the invincibility of the candy. Once the whole group was given the invincibility, they rushed along the river, ramming everything that got in the way without being hurt by anything. In the way, they took a shard at the bottom of one of the small waterfalls just when the invincibility disappeared. Following the light, they continued further down the river before leaving it. A few seconds of walking later, they reached another river, walking beside it as they climbed a hill. They did well, because this river revealed to be full of spiked logs rolling in it carried by the water, so they didn't have to jump to avoid them. After having to climb many small and less small cliffs, they reached the top of the hill, and they continued following the river.


Following the river, they reached a beach in which it ended. This beach was surprisingly full of enemies, including even those yellows insects jumping out of sand pits.

"I wouldn't pass my vacation here," Waddle Dee commented.

Dedede huffed. "Bah! We just eliminate all the pests, and no problems anymore!"

"This wouldn't stop them from coming back," Ribbon said.

"Then we will build a big sand wall, and they will not be able to pass!"

"What about the ones that can dig under the sand?" she asked.

"If I see their head pop out of the sand, then I will just play whack-a-mole. I already have a hammer, and this may actually be fun."

She giggled. "And the flying ones?"

"Target practice for Sweetie Belle."

They all giggled at that just as they reached two small towers made of sand, with small walls starting from them, delimiting a round area behind with the sculpture of an elephant. They exited this area by passing two other towers behind the elephant, reaching a section with Shotzos at the end of the beach, before they had to swim in the water to reach a rock with many corals. Behind the rock was a wooden bridge passing through a small rock mountain, some of the planks being regularly pushed up by geysers. Ribbon flew around the mountain rock, looking both at it and at the light of the crystal.

"There is a shard inside it?" Sweetie asked, screaming a little to be heard.

"Yes!" Ribbon shouted back. "And I see a way to enter it at the top!"

So they all flew to the top of the rock, seeing a hole leading inside it. Jumping in it, they entered a small circular round room with a Star Block in the center, a Maxim Tomato that was quickly gobbled, and some water. Ribbon quickly pointed at some big rock beside the wall. "Inside it."

"It's a big rock," Waddle Dee commented.

"We just need a big boom," Dedede said.

"Leave this to me!" Adeleine said, taking her blank paper.

"Me too!" Sweetie Belle said, preparing her magic.

"Poyo!" Kirby said, putting a dozen bombs around the rock.

Adeleine drew a Bomber and threw it at the rock, Sweetie Belle shooting a big explosive ball at the same time. All these bombs created a big explosion that effectively destroyed the rock, freeing the shard that Ribbon took. "Good job you three!"

"Okay, now let's fly out of here to continue," Dedede said.

"Wait, I don't think we need to," Adeleine said, approaching the Star Block in the center. "Something tells me that it is not here for nothing."

"We will see." Waddle Dee destroyed the block, and a big rock that was under it started to shake, with some water coming out. "Quick! All on the rock!"

They all came on the rock, Waddle Dee having to jump on Dedede, Kirby on Sweetie Belle, and Ribbon having to go on Adeleine. Almost immediately, the rock was propelled up by a big geyser, ascending them until they were out of the room, back outside. They rapidly jumped from the top, landing back on the bridge at the other side of the rock.

"That was good thinking, Adeleine," Sweetie Belle said.

"It was not hard to guess. A single block in the middle of a room, there had to be something."

"Yeah, it is obvious now that you say it," Dedede said. "I feel stupid not thinking about it."

Kirby giggled and nodded with a, "Poyo," before starting to continue walking on the bridge. But then, a geyser pusheed up the plank on which he was, right into a Gordo, getting him badly poked on the head.

"Those darn Gordos! Always at the wrong place!" Dedede shouted.

"Are you alright, Kirby?" Sweetie Belle asked in worry.

The puffball rubbed his head, then nodded. "Poyo."

Adeleine painted a strawberry shortcake for him, enough to heal him, before they continued, watching out for the geysers until they reached the end of the bridge, getting back on another rock. However, to continue, they had to swim in the sea for a few minutes to join their next destination, which was another rock at the start of a path composed of big vertical logs with some platforms and other rocks, leading to a tall island that was presumed to contain another shard. But when they jumped on the logs, they sunk in the floor, so for the ones wanting to continue this way, they had to jump quickly. Thankfully, the logs went back up after a second or two. Sweetie Belle, Waddle Dee, and Adeleine simply decided to swim in the sea to reach the tall island.

Once on top of the island, they jumped in a hole leading inside it, in a room guarded by a big version of those green ducks with a few smaller ones. Once the duck beaten, it released a shard while another hole appeared. The hole led to an underground lake, right into the water. Ribbon rapidly got out of the water before flying up, getting a shard near the ceiling hidden between two walls. Meanwhile, the others jumped of a big rock platform made of rock bricks with a spiked wooden log. Jumping on it caused the platform to tilt under their weight, the log starting to roll toward them. They jumped above it, the platform not getting back into normal once they reached the other end, and they had to climb some other platforms protruding from a wall.

As Ribbon came back, the following path was a succession of these platforms made of bricks with logs on them tilting under their weight, and the normal ones protruding of the walls, until they reached the top of the room. They then had to jump above one of the walls, falling back into water, with a hole in another wall just above the surface. The hole got them outside of the tall island, in front of another one.

"The light points down," Ribbon said. "I think the next shard will be in the ocean."

"I was wondering when we would get under the sea. All we have done until now is swimming at the surface," Dedede said.

Sweetie Belle nodded. "Yes. It was obvious that there would be shards in the ocean. That would have been weird if some of them didn't fall in, seeing how the majority of this planet is made of water."

"Well then..." Adeleine painted Kine, the painted fish jumping in the water. Adeleine then jumped in the water after him, gripping the fish. "Time for some underwater exploration!"

The others nodded and jumped in the water after her. But as they started to go deeper between the two islands, they were attacked all the way by transparent beings using hair-like tentacles, and living green torpedoes shooting out of holes in the walls, not giving them any time to take a breath, until they reached the sea floor where there were Glunks shooting their projectiles as they approached. They discovered at the bottom of the second island a tunnel going through it, and Ribbon pointed at it. So they entered the tunnel and exited it at the other side of the island, finally going into the depth of the ocean, without any islands in the way. Instead, they could see giant corals, big pillars of stone or small mountains, and the sea floor was full of holes glowing in different colors, from blue to pink passing by purple.

"It's beautiful..." Sweetie Belle said in awe. "I will never get tired of exploring the oceans."

Kirby nodded. "Poyo."

Dedede looked at the holes. "I wonder what is in th-Bonk! Arg!"

As he had been talking, a rock suddenly fell on his head, and they spotted a few others falling here and there for some reason.

"It's the second time that I get a rock on the head!" the king complained angrily, smashing the rock with his hammer.

Sweetie shot an explosive ball at another falling rock, destroying it. "I will keep an eye on them."

"Thank you Sweetie Belle. We will take care of the fishes," Ribbon said as she shot with the crystal one of the red fishes.

After a few minutes of swimming, Sweetie destroying the rocks, they reached a wall with a tunnel near the base. The tunnel led to a section in the wall full of water with currents going back or forth. To continue, they had to go up, having to choose between many passages that were sometime hard to reach because of the currents, Adeleine being the less annoyed by them thanks to the painted Kine. There were many Gordos in the way, after turning around rocks or going back and forth in some passages, and, again because of the currents, avoiding them was hard, and Waddle Dee got poked halfway through this section. At the top, another current pushed them into a tunnel, Adeleine taking a shard just under the ceiling.

The tunnel was full of Glunks with some crabs and explosive fishes, and with the current pushing them, they had to constantly be on alert to deal with them. Further in the tunnel, they reached a small room with a pole, a shard being at the bottom corner behind it. Again, Adeleine was the one taking it thanks to paint Kine. In the tunnel after the pole, they encountered fishbones and Gordos, the last ones making the way much harder to pass without getting hurt.

They eventually ended in a tunnel going in a circle, the exits closing, with a bigger version of those explosive fishes, round, green back, white belly, and yellow fins and tail, swimming in it, its size making avoiding it almost impossible, so they had to swim away chased by it. There were also Glunks in the way, Ribbon shooting at them so they didn't slow them down while Sweetie Belle attacked the fish from a distance with beams. Like all the other fights against the bigger versions of their enemies, it didn't take long before they knocked out the fish, opening the way.

Out of the circled tunnel, they reached another, bigger tunnel with strong currents pushing them from behind, rocks carried by it, threatening to ram them. Again, Sweetie Belle was the one dealing with the rocks with her explosive balls, the others warning her when there were Gordos in the way. Adeleine found a third shard in a small hole in the floor, and not long after it, they reached the end of this section of the tunnel, a small passage without currents above it getting them out of it.


A few minutes of swimming in the passage later, they ended up in a large cave with another tunnel going up, where they encountered a familiar orca. The killer whale looked at them in the middle of the cave, not doing anything except raising an eyebrow.

Sweetie Belle and Adeleine gasped once they saw him. "Acro, is that you?" the filly asked with a big smile.

"Poyo!" Kirby waved at him.

Acro closed his eyes in happiness, swimming up and down while nodding.

"So this is this world that you moved in?" Dedede asked.

He nodded.

"Well now, we have one more reason to come back to this world," Adeleine said.

"Who is he?" Ribbon asked.

"A friend," Sweetie Belle answered as she hugged Acro, the whale licking her, making her giggle.

"His name is Acro, and he was living in Popstar before he moved away," Waddle Dee said. "We befriended him after the incident with Zero. He... he was one of the possessed."

"Oh..." Ribbon approached Acro, petting him. "That must have been horrible... I can see that you are a good whale."

Acro nuzzled her.

"Speaking of... Acro, do you have some small crystal like the one that she has?" Dedede asked, pointing at Ribbon's crystal.

Acro tilted his head before he spat a shard, letting it land on his head.

"Yes! That's it!" Dedede shouted in happiness.

"Acro, is it alright if with take it?" Adeleine asked.

The whale tilted his head again to show his curiosity.

It was Sweetie Belle who answered him. "The Dark Matters are back, and this crystal is our best way to deal with them."

At that, Acro frowned before nodding and showing the crystal to Ribbon, the fairy taking it. "Thank you. I will try to come back to play with you after we have beaten the Dark Matters."

"And when we will come back to pass some good time in this world, we will invite you," Sweetie Belle said.

He smiled and nodded.

At this moment, the crystal flashed and opened a portal to the next world. The new world looked more like a normal planet, round with jungles and volcanoes visible on the surface.

"Volcanoes?" the filly asked before she sighed. "We will have to go in one of them, right?"

"I hope not," Waddle Dee said. "I don't like the thought of walking surrounded by magma."

"As long as you don't fall in it, you will be alright," Dedede said. "Now come." He then took Waddle Dee and threw him through the portal before going in too.

"Goodbye Acro, see you soon!" Sweetie Belle said, waving at Acro with Kirby, Adeleine, and Ribbon, the whale nodding at them. She then crossed the portal with the others, the portal closing behind them.


"The more I hear about the Dark Matters, the less I like them. Why did they possess this poor orca?" Fluttershy asked.

"Weeeell..." Discord said, uncertain. "Dark Matters spread hate and pain to make worlds easier to plunge into darkness... What do you think they could do to make others suffer with an orca?"

Celestia frowned. "An orca is a powerful predator... I can easily guess. Whatever those Dark Matters are, they must be some of the most horrible creatures that I have heard about."

Discords turned to her. "And you haven't seen their leader. Zero was nightmare fuel. Even for me, he was disturbing. I just hope that whatever took his place will not be like that."

Author's Note:

I present you "Super Kirby Rafts"! :rainbowdetermined2:

I always wondered myself why Acro fights Kirby in The Crystal Shards, despite the both of them becoming friend at the end of Dreamland 3. Well, I can ask the same thing about Pon & Con. Why the heck were they guarding the door of the Jambastion? :applejackunsure:

By the way, I had to retain myself from making Sweetie Belle singing Under the sea. :rainbowlaugh:

PreviousChapters Next