• Published 23rd Feb 2019
  • 5,972 Views, 323 Comments

Once a Necromancer Always a Necromancer - ThatOneLittleBoy



Once you learn the secrets of Necromancy you can never turn back

  • ...
41
 323
 5,972

Chapter 14 - The Meeting

Sapphire Rain looked up at the large pine door leading into the meeting room. She frowned. 'Well, it shouldn't take to long," she though shaking her head. She walked up and opened the door and was greeted by incessant but yet civil yelling.

Everypony else was seated at a long dark oak table stretching out away from Sapphire. The room was lit by large chandeliers suspended from the ceiling. On the walls were large banners displaying the necromancer flag. The flag had a black background with a large crowned eagle. In one claw was a sword, in the other was book.

On the left of the table sat Lucky Apple and Sona Gizmane and on the right sat Crystal Ember and Edhoof Necrom, at the head of the table sat an elderly stallion named Somvus Assenhoof, the king of the necromancers.

"QUIET!" Sapphire yelled, her voice louder than all of theirs ten fold. They all became silent and looked at the newcomer with shocked expressions. Sapphire sat down next to Lucky Apple, enjoying the silence "Ah, that's better," she looked over at the king and asked "Now can we please start the meeting." She turned her head back towards the others in the room, locking eyes with each and every one of them "Quietly this time."

The King nodded "Yes let's," he stood up, grunting as he did so, and said too them all "The main purpose of this meeting is of the manner of Twilight Sparkle." Sapphire and everyone else looked at the king, knowing that this was going to be important. "She is, as you all know, possibly one of if not the most powerful necromancer to ever walk this earth. If we are to end our people's suffering we must use her to our greatest advantage."

He sighed "I'm going to tell you all something that may shock you all."

"And what might this stunning revaluation be?" Sona Gizmane asked raising an eyebrow.

"Twilight Sparkle shows aspects of all three of the Necromantic bloodlines. That includes the Funkeln family."

Sapphire was the first to speek up "You can't be serious, she can't be Funkeln, they all died!"

Somvus nodded "Yes, I know this. That is why she is so interesting. If she is a descendent then that means we have been wrong about the legend of the downfall of Nördlichland for over two millennia. We will also have a true successor to the Nekromanten throne! If she isn't though then she possess power unmatched by any necromancer since The Lich King Maradicta."

"Oh my lord," Crystal Ember said "That - that is some of the largest news I've heard ... ever!"

"There is something else though," the King began "We cannot tell Twilight of her possible descendancy from The Lich King."

"And why can't we do that? Sapphire Rain asked.

"Because I don't know how it would effect Twilight and we don't even know if she is yet. Better not to get her hopes up if it turns out she isn't a Funkeln," the King answered.

"How are we going to learn whether or not she is a Funkeln?" Lucky Apple asked.

"A good question Lucky Apple," Assenhoof nodded "First we will give her Maradicta's sword. As you all know the sword has an enchantment that makes it so that only Maradicta or his direct descendents can wield the sword. That will be the first test. If she can use the sword then we will know of for certain that she is a Funkeln. After that she will go into the Labrinthium to train her for her future and the war that is bound to come eventually."

Lucky Apple looked at the king with a tilt of his head "Did I hear that correctly, did you just say 'war?'"

The king looked at him "Yes, we will have to go to war with Equestria if we want to survive, as much as we don't want to. We have prepared to ask for peace, for forgiveness of our ancestors sins, but that won't be possible. When I got word that the princesses attempted to end Twilight's life, and almost succeeded, I saw that peace is not an option. If Celestia is willing to murder somepony she practically raised, no questions asked, then what will stop her from killing us all?"

He shook his head "We must strike first, we must attack, or we will die!" he stomped his hoof on the table making the table shake "I will not let our people die! I will not let our people suffer in Equestria any longer! The princesses are killing them, it's a goddamn genocide!"

He took a deep breath "In Equestria they have stepped up their game, anypony who is even just suspected of practicing necromancy is being killed. Princess Celestia has created a secret police force called S.M.I.L.E. whose entire job is to find necromancers, exterminate them, and make sure that the general Equestrian public doesn't find out. A day ago I got a letter from one of our spies telling me they he had to kill sixteen, sixteen ponies in just a single day! The princesses are killing hundreds of necromancers every week! We have to end this before they're all dead!"

They all looked at the king in stunned silence. Sapphire brought a hoof to her agape mouth "Oh my god."

The king looked at her with a frown "I'm sorry, you don't like it, I don't like it, but it must be done."

Sapphire looked at Somvus and asked "What about when Twilight finds out about her descendancy from Maradicta? That is if she is one that is."

"If she learns that she is one tell her the truth. Tell her that she is a Funkeln and that we were keeping the information from her, waiting for the opertoon moment to enlighten her. Let's just pray to Gott that she doesn't find out until we tell her."


Princess Celestia paced around her room deep in thought. 'Where are they? I've already invaded the north many times, they would quickly be discovered if they were in Equestria, so where are they?

The door to her room opened and in came a dark blue alicorn. "Sister, you should get some sleep," Luna said walking over to Celestia and wrapping her arms around her older sister "It's not healthy to spend hours pacing and thinking these dark thoughts."

"But I can't, there is too much to think about, too much to do." she sighed "I'm scared, scared that they might be back. That in the last few hundred years they have been silently building up in the dark, preparing for war," she looked at Luna with a frown "And what of Twilight? Where is she?" She began to cry "I'm scared that they might have her. That they might be doing evil things to her. She might be dead!"

Luna shook her head "I hope she's not, the elements of harmony may be our only hope, especially if he is back."

Celestia's face contorted into one of pure rage "If he is back then I can't wait until I can finally get revenge for what he has done!"

Luna squeezed her sister tighter "Celestia, don't let the rage fuel you, don't let it control you, that's what he wants."

"I know, it is just so hard after what he did," Celestia said with a deep breath, attempting to calm herself down.

Luna sighed "Something has been troubling me dear sister, S.M.I.L.E, is really needed? All it's doing is killing and-" she let go of Celestia and looked directly into her eyes "-it just doesn't feel right."

Celestia met her gaze and frowned "It is needed, Luna. We must exterminate this plague on the world before it spreads and kills everything we hold dear," she sighed "I don't like it either but we have to do it, for the greater good of Equestria and her people."

Celestia was about to say something else when her door was flung open and Prince Blueblood ran in holding a letter. "Princesses, we just got this from the soldiers up by Whinnyapolis," he levitated the letter over to the princesses. Celestia grabbed it and began reading the letter.

Celestia read the letter over and over, not believing what was on the letter "No!" she yelled terror, sadness, and disbelief in her voice.

"Celestial, what is it?" Luna asked, worry filling her voice.

"T-Thay found Spike's body in Dragon's Gate," she looked at Luna, tears falling from her eyes "He's dead."

Luna looked at Celestia then to the letter then back to Celestia "This is much worse than we at first believed. We must prepare Equestria for war."

Celestia shook her head "No, first we must save Twilight, the letter said that there was a sighting of her and Spike heading north together. We need the elements of harmony or we will lose this war." She looked at her sister "And I will not let harmony fall to disharmony, not until the day I die!"

Author's Note:

After a week hiatus I'm back! I'm sorry that I couldn't upload, I was really busy with work and family things. But I'm back and I'm here to (hopefully) stay! :twilightsmile:

As always if anyone has any constructive criticism please give it to me in the comments below!