• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 1,769 Views, 42 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Wanderers - Mach Speed



A tragedy in Clear Shot's life forces him to leave home in hopes of cleaning up the wasteland.

  • ...
6
 42
 1,769

Prologue

Prologue
“War, war never changes.”

Long ago, before the hate, before the war, before this wasteland I call home existed, the land of Equestria lived in peace and harmony with the lands that surrounded it. Much like everything in the world, the peace didn’t last. War broke out between ponies and zebras, friends, business partners and even family members turned against each other. Ponies all over Equestria cried out for the war to stop, but were effectively silenced when the megaspells dropped. The megaspells warped the Equestrian landscape with fire and radiation, trees blackened and died, leaving nothing but husks, shadows of what used to be. Cities were set ablaze and reduced to rubble in seas of balefire while selected families took refuge in giant underground bunkers called Stables, destined to continue the pony way of life. For a century, the residents of Stable 50 in the very heart of the region of Hoofstralia stayed quiet and waited, biding their time until it was safe to venture outside.

Lead by their Overmare, the residents of Stable 50 set out and walked for over a week, taking in what the war had done to the world around them. The sun didn’t shine through the clouds, the earth beneath their hooves felt gritty and unnatural, but more importantly, there were no ponies around for miles. The ponies of Stable 50 eventually reached the small town of Sunny Springs, a town set in an area called Rust Valley. Sunny Springs was completely untouched by the megaspells, but after a century of no care, some of the houses were beginning to crumble. With a wave of her hoof, the Overmare of Stable 50 proclaimed Sunny Springs to be the ponies’ new home.

Over the years, the ponies of Sunny Springs rebuilt the town with anything they could find. Scouting parties were sent out every so often to see what could be found. Over time, new towns kept popping up as more Stables opened their doors. However, towns were not the only things that popped up in the area. Unbeknownst to the ponies of Sunny Springs, another group of ponies, slavers who earned their caps through the selling of other ponies, had made a base of their own just over a nearby ridge. At the time, the ponies of Sunny Springs didn’t have the weapons or numbers to formulate an attack on the slaver camp, so they did the next best thing. The ponies made a wall of sheet metal around the town and used their caps to buy land mines from roaming traders. The ponies went so far as to even create their own land mines and traps using grenades. Now here I am, over a century after the town was founded, checking the mines.