• Published 24th Jan 2019
  • 319 Views, 2 Comments

Race Swapper in the Deerlands - Hexan Tronic



Second part of the Race Swapper storyline, finds our young colt in the deerlands, to learn their culture and ways.

  • ...
 2
 319

Chapter 4 - Tasty Fourth Day.

When I wake up, I notice that it looks cloudy outside.

"Huh, guess it might storm today." I say, before getting up.

<So, whose up today?> I ask, ready to swap out.

<I'd like to take my turn today, if that's alright?> Burst asks, as I straighten my bow.

<Sure thing. Have fun.> I say, before giving control over to him.

-----------------------------------------------

Once I'm in control, I head down and notice Frosty behind the counter.

"Morning Boss." I say, walking over.

"Morning kid. What's the plan for today?" He greets and asks, while he stacks glasses behind him.

"I was thinking of working in the kitchen today, if that's alright with you Boss." I say, standing by the kitchen door.

"That sounds like a good idea. I say go for it, but make sure you follow the recipes." He say, while he walks over and sets the sign to open.

I nod and walk into the kitchen. Looking around, I notice a lot of the things used for cooking. Once I'm done looking, I look through the recipe book.

After a bit, my first order comes through, and I get to work. Once I get to boiling the water, because the order was for pasta, I notice it's taking too long.

So I pick it up, and place my hoof on the bottom and heat it up, burning a little bit of anger as I do.

Once it's hot enough, I place it back on the stove and start cooking. After a while, I start hearing a ruckus in the main area. I walk out and notice what appears to be a tight brewing between some of the guards and the thieves.

I walk over, past a couple tables, and look up at who I believe the main two are.

"Um, excuse me. What's going on here?" I ask, which causes them to look down at me.

"Beat it foal, this doesn't concern you." The guard says, which causes me to frown and close my eyes, trying to feel for their anger.

"Well, if you won't tell me what's going on, I'll just have to stop you from fighting." I say, before drawing in the anger of the surrounding ponies, causing them to slowly calm down, my eyes glowing softly.

"There, better?" I ask, looking up at them.

"Yeah, uh, thanks kid, I guess." The thief says, before the two groups go back to their tables.

Now that's over, I head back into the kitchen and get back to work. A couple hours later, I finish my last order for today, and look out from behind the counter.

"Good job today kid." Frosty says, as he cleans a glass.

"Thanks Boss. Anything else for today?" I ask, looking around at the ponies scattered around the different tables.

"Not that I can think of, I guess I can let you off early today." He says, noticing how there aren't too many ponies for him to handle.

I nod and head back up to our room, and pull out a scroll and some ink. Then once I pull out a quill, I start writing our letter to Swift, writing about everything that we have done since we saw her.

When I've written about my day, I leave the scroll on the desk, and crawl into bed.

<Hey Burst, mind if I have the next go?> Distract asks, while I get sleepy.

<Sure, I don't mind.> I reply, before going to sleep.

Author's Note:

So, these chapters have been a bit short, but that's mostly because there doesn't need to be much that happens. Once they have each had a day and the week ends, the main story will start.