• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 841 Views, 9 Comments

The Northern Expedition - RedundantRedundancy



Twilight and her friends go to Northern Equestria this time.

  • ...
 9
 841

Prologue: The North

Storm clouds had gathered high above the sky. The stallion watched as they began to rumble, creating lightning and thunder. Unbroken Spirit knew that this marked the beginning of an important event that would happen soon in the future. Moments after, the clouds parted above him, and out came luminant and colorful lights, dancing in the sky. He watched the sky lights dance, brightening the evening sky. Then he heard the flapping of enormous wings, from the clouds came a majestic giant eagle. It's eyes glowed with a golden light, radiating power.

It circled the sky lights, screeching in glory and triumph. Then the eagle landed in front of the stallion. "Thunderbird, it has been a long time, my friend." Unbroken Spirit said, touching Thunderbird's forehead with his right hoof. The giant eagle just looked at him with its golden eyes. Then it stood up, and spread its wings, and flew away. Into the sky lights. Thunderbird circled the sky once more, before flying up to the clouds, dissapearing with the sky lights.

Unbroken Spirit sighed, "The time has come."