• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 6,843 Views, 285 Comments

Scootaloo Goes to Heck - MaverickVox



Clerical Errors can really screw up your (after)life.

  • ...
16
 285
 6,843

Trial II - Wrath

“Waaaaah!” Scootaloo landed with a thump. The distance between the first trial and here had been quite long, and her wings gave out halfway through the corridor, causing her to plummet. Slowly working herself to her hooves, she examined her surroundings. “Oh, great,” she sighed. “Another featureless black room. Gee, I wonder what light will blind me her--”

“A-TEEEEEEEEEEEEN-HUT!” A booming voice knocked Scootaloo on her back as she saw a massive steel-colored pegasus adorned in military garb step in front of her. “YOU CALL YOURSELF A PEGASUS?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!”

“Whoa, hold on, who are you?”

“I’LL ASK THE QUESTIONS HERE, CREAMSICLE! BUT AS A COMMON COURTESY, I WILL INFORM YOU THAT YOU HAVE THE UNIQUE PRIVILEGE AND HONOR OF BEING IN THE PRESENCE OF THE GREATEST PEGASUS IN HISTORY AND THE SOLE FOUNDER OF THE GREAT LAND OF EQUESTRIA, COMMANDER SHERMAN T. HURRICANE! IS THAT CLEAR?!”

Scootaloo could only muster a confused expression. “... Sherman?”

“YOU THINK MY NAME IS FUNNY, SOLDIER? I BET YOUR NAME IS SOMETHING INCESSANTLY CUTESY AND FLUFFY, LIKE SHORTCAKE OR TENDERHEART OR HAPPYGLOW OR SUGARCUP! WELL, WHAT IS IT?”

“Okay, first off, I’m not a soldier, I’m a filly. Second, the name’s Scootaloo, and--”

“SCOOTALOO? WHY, THAT’S THE MOST STUPIDLY SACCHARINE NAME I’VE HEARD SINCE ‘PRIVATE PANSY’! I BET YOU JUST LOVE TO THROW TEA PARTIES AND SPLISH AROUND IN THE BATHTUB WITH YOUR RUBBER DUCKY! I BELIEVE THAT YOU’RE NOT A SOLDIER, AND IF YOU’RE NOT A SOLDIER, THEN YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO ALL PEGASI! PEGASI ARE ONLY GOOD FOR TWO THINGS: WEATHER-MAKING AND FIGHTING!”

“What? I can’t even really fly yet!”

“HOLY GRAVY BOATS, WE’VE GOT OURSELVES A GROUNDER HERE! THAT IS COMPLETELY PATHETIC! A PEGASUS THAT CAN’T FLY IS ABOUT AS USEFUL AS A TOILET THAT CAN’T FLUSH! ALL YOU’VE GOT IS A BIG, FLOATING TURD!”

“That’s not very nice.”

“WAR IS NOT NICE, SISSYPANTS! AND SINCE YOU CAN’T FLY, YOU CAN’T MAKE WEATHER! IPSO FACTO, YOU MUST BE A FIGHTER! SO LET’S SEE HOW GOOD OF A FIGHTER YOU REALLY ARE!”

Before Scootaloo could even think of a response, Commander Hurricane slapped her, sending her clear across the room.

“WELL, HOW ABOUT THAT?!” The Commander’s volume suggested he was right in Scootaloo’s ear, when in reality, he had not moved from his original position. “YOU CAN’T EVEN HANDLE A SOFT LITTLE LOVE-TAP!”

“Soft?” Scootaloo rubbed her chin where she had been hit. “Well, I’m not bleeding. Which would be weird, since I’m dead.”

“SO WHAT’S NEXT, COCOA PUFF? ARE YOU JUST GONNA SIT THERE AND TAKE IT? IT’S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I’VE HAD A PLAYTHING AS COOPERATIVE AS YOU! WE’RE GONNA HAVE A LOT OF FUN. AT LEAST I WILL!”

The ground shook with every step Commander Hurricane took towards his prey. Scootaloo instinctively curled up into a tiny ball.

“Think, Scoots! You know he’s not gonna let up, so you need to fight back! But how?” She started shivering, fearing that this punishment would go on forever and she would never get back to her life. She would never go Crusading with Apple Bloom or Sweetie Belle. She’d never get to hang out with Rainbow Dash again! She’d never see anypony she was friends with, not Pinkie Pie or Twilight Sparkle or Spike.

Spike.

Spike?

“Why am I thinking about Spike?” she asked herself, before a lightbulb went off in her head.

***

“Hi-yah!” A scaly purple foot kicked at the air. “Wa-tah!” A similarly colored fist thrust forward. “Ki-wah!” A thick tail spun around, and a baby dragon posed as leaves fell off a tree behind him.

“Cool!”

“Wha?” The dragon turned in an aggressive stance, but relaxed once he saw who was watching. “Oh, hey Scootaloo.”

“That was awesome, Spike!” Scootaloo trotted over to him. “Where did you learn that?”

“I’m just beginning,” he admitted. “Once I came back from the Dragon Migration fiasco, Twilight agreed that I should learn some basic self-defense techniques.” Spike closed a book and showed it to the pegasus. “She found this book for me, said it’d be good.”

Ancient Secrets of Dragon Kung-Fu by Sheng Long?” Scootaloo began flipping through the pages. “Whoa! You think I could learn this stuff?”

“Probably. It was written more with ponies in mind anyhow.”

She continued looking through the book until she saw a diagram of one of the more advanced techniques. It showed a pony rising into the air, front hoof extended as it struck another pony across the jaw. “What’s this?”

Spike looked curiously at the drawing and the words accompanying it. “Hmm, it says that it’s a maneuver that should only be used in the most dire of circumstances, like if the only way out is to fight.”

“Huh. So what’s this word?”

***

She continued thinking and shaking as the Commander stood over her.

“WHAT HAVE WE HERE?! A SCARED LITTLE FILLY QUAKING IN HER BOOTIES!”

***

“It’s some kind of battle cry,” Spike explained. “Supposedly gives you the strength to pull the move off.”

“How the hay are you supposed to pronounce it?”

***

“DON’T WORRY, THIS’LL BE OVER BEFORE YOU KNOW IT--”

“SHORYUKEN!”

Suddenly, the filly uncoiled from her defensive position and sprang upwards, striking the commander in the jaw and sending him crashing onto his back. Scootaloo landed on her feet as two green bars descended from the ceiling, with her name under one and “C. Hurricane” under the other. A large “99” appeared between them as music began to fill the area.

“Round One,” came a voice from the Intercom.

“... Jason?” the Commander said, surprisingly quiet.

“FIGHT!”

The 99 began to count down, and Commander Hurricane sprang to his hooves, charging at the filly. Instincts kicking in, Scootaloo jumped over the stallion, bucking backwards. Her hooves struck the Commander, and a portion of his green bar turned red, while the words “First Attack” flashed under her own. A lightbulb went off in her head, and Scootaloo deftly dodged a strike, catching her foe with a leg sweep. Seeing the reddened bar decrease further, she smiled.

Scootaloo prepared herself for another attack, but the Commander backed away. Confused, she advanced, but was caught by a front-flip double kick. As her life bar showed the effects, “2-hit Combo” appeared under the Commander’s. She tried to latch onto his leg for a takedown, but he simply tossed her across the room. As she got up, he leapt high into the air, preparing to stomp on her head. Thinking quickly, she rolled out from under the attack and hit an uppercut.

Counter

Not allowing him a chance to recover, Scootaloo landed a jump kick, following with two straight jabs, a foreleg smash, and a roundhouse kick.

5-hit Combo

With the Commander’s health bar now mostly red, Scootaloo charged forward, but stopped just out of range of the anticipated flip-kick. As Hurricane straightened himself, he was met with a solid buck to the face, completely depleting his life bar and sending him crashing to the floor.

“You win!” came Jason’s voice.

“Yes!” Scootaloo began to walk away, not noticing the life bars refill.

“Round Two...”

Scootaloo’s eyes shot open at that.

“FIGHT!”

She turned around just in time to see Commander Hurricane flying towards her at full speed. “Oh, poopy.” As soon as the last syllable escaped her lips, she was struck and sent flying backwards. When she got to her hooves, she was struck by that move again. “Hey, what the--”

And again.

“That’s not fa--”

And again.

“You’re chea--”

And again. As she could see the Commander coming for another attack, she instinctively crossed her forelegs in an X as a futile attempt to shield herself. Miraculously, the Commander merely bounced off of the block.

“That worked?!” Before she could look at her hooves in disbelief, the Commander swung a hoof. Scootaloo managed to duck, however, and land a solid punch to the gut of her opponent. For her effort, she recieved a kick to the face which sent her sliding on her back. Glancing at the life-bars and seeing that hers was mostly depleted, she opted to block and hope for the best this round. In the meantime, she tried to think back to that meeting with Spike.

***

The filly kept flipping through the book. “Ugh, most of this is about avoiding fights! Where do you learn to kick butt?”

“That’s what I said,” Spike chimed in. “But Twilight says that self-defense isn’t about kicking another pony’s butt... most of the time.”

“I guess.” She turned to an illustration of a pony seemingly tossing a ball of light. “Huh, another battle-cry move. Wonder if it works.” The next page showed an Earth Pony striking an armored Pegasus with a flying kick. “Wow, this cry is complicated.”

“I know, right?” Spike chuckled. “Well, it’s got a neat backstory. It says here this move was used by Sheng Long himself to fend off a Pegasus attack led by--”

***

The flashback was interrupted by Scootaloo being sent to the floor by a sweep, depleting her energy completely.

“Commander Hurricane wins!”

Despite the loss, Scootaloo pushed herself up with a smirk on her face.

“SO YOU LEARNED HOW TO BLOCK,” the imposing Pegasus bellowed. “THAT AIN’T GONNA HELP YOU MUCH IN--”

“Round Three... FIGHT!”

Commander Hurricane began another charge attack, but Scootaloo didn’t even attempt to block. Instead, she thrust her hooves forward and shouted a word that made her opponent freeze in his tracks.

HADOUKEN!

“Wha--” The Commander wasn’t able to finish the word before a wall of light barrelled into his face and knocked him on his back. When he got to his hooves, he was struck by another fireball. “Hey, what the--”

And another.

“That’s not fa--”

And another.

“You’re chea--”

And another. Dazed and confused, the Commander got up to just in time for his face to be met with a flying kick. Scootaloo followed with two quick jabs and a hook before unleashing another Shoryuken.

7-hit Combo

The fierce fireballs and combo having done most of the damage, Scootaloo geared up for her final assault. Leaping up towards her foe’s face, she extended a hoof and began to spin. Commander Hurricane’s eyes widened as he heard the cry that accompanied the maneuver.

TATSUMAKI SENPUKYAKU!

5-hit Combo Finish

After the final strike, Scootaloo floated onto her hooves to stand over the fallen Commander as Jason’s voice filled the area.

“You win! Perfect!”

The filly kept her defensive stance until she saw a door slide open. Breathing a sigh of relief, she trotted towards it.

“Ugh... wait!” Commander Hurricane could not stand, but he called and attempted to reach out to his opponent. “How... how could I lose?”

Scootaloo stopped, and turned her head towards him. “You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.” With that, she went through the door. As it shut, the Commander groaned and fell once more.

“‘Defeat Sheng Long’?” the omnipotent voice repeated. “What does that even mean?”

Commander Hurricane grumbled. “It means, SHUT UP, JASON!”

Author's Note:

Apologies to the fans for taking so bloody long to write this less-than-2,000-word chapter. My bad.

No apologies to Capcom for blatantly ripping off and butchering the mechanics of Street Fighter.