• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 552 Views, 7 Comments

My little Brony: Friendship is Epic - lightningspark



Being a brony is tough, but being a brony thrown into a life-threatening adventure may be what this guy needs.

  • ...
4
 7
 552

Bath, Dinner, and TVs

Okay, let’s recap here: Me, a 20 year old closet brony found Fluttershy, a cartoon flying pony, in an alley while walking home from my job, and I had the bright idea to take her home. Huh, if I said I’ve seen weirder, I’d be a bigger lier than AppleJack when she had her honesty stripped away! I mean, a cartoon character is frickin sitting right next to me on my old, oil stained couch. As if life couldn’t get any weirder.

The silence wasn’t helping the situation. She hadn’t said a word ever since I brought her home. Understandable though, she has to be pretty on edge right now, considering she’s in a world where, to her, everything and everyone is different from her world. I knew I had to say something, or else communication would be, oh I don’t know, impossible.

“I know you can speak. You’re safe here so, please relax.” I assured.

She jumped at my sudden statement. I guess she wasn’t expecting me to speak either. She shuffled a bit, trying to hide behind her long pink mane, to which I inwardly chuckled. With a nod, she replied back, “T-thank you.”.

I smiled. She seemed to be seeing me as a friendly 5’12 giant, at least in her eyes. Silence filled the air again, but I didn’t mind. She was starting to loosen up in small burst, which was probably for the best. I noticed, however, that she was trying to say something, or rather to sum up the courage to do so. I glanced at her.

“You wanna know my name?” I asked.

She nodded a bit hesitantly. Scratching the back of my head, I answered, “I’m Zac, Zac Miller. Just your normal, everyday dude. What about you, what’s your name?”.

Yes, I already knew her name, but if I was to say “I know who you are because you’re on a TV show!”, she’d probably be confused at what the frick a TV is, or faint from the shock. Not a good idea when you’re trying to get someone to relax around you. Luckily, when you’re a closet brony like me, you kinda get a better sense of judgement when in this situation. Funny how I’m saying this like it’s a normal thing.

She looked at me, or at least tried to, as she answered my question, hiding behind her own mane. Her answer was mumbled, but I could still hear her.

Now I know this may sound weird, but gosh diddly damn was she cute! Her speech patterns, her personality, her colors, they were all perfect! Ever seen that one scene in Incredibles? Well, all the little shy cogs “meshed” together inside the clock known as “Fluttershy”. Good thing I’m a closet brony, because if not, I’d probably end up hurting her from lack of oxygen when I hug her to frickin death.

I looked away from her, clearing my throat as my face turned a slight shade of pink from embarrassment.

“W-well, it’s nice to meet you Fluttershy.” I said, with a deepened voice. Hopefully she didn’t notice my attempt to hide my flustered face.

And with that, silence once again. Minutes seemed to feel like hours as we both sat there, waiting for one of us to speak. Wait, I was forgetting something. I turned to her again, face palming myself in shear stupidity. Of course, she was still all filthy! She had to have been super uncomfortable, what with all the dirt on her bare skin.

Problem is, how do I get her to shower? Now I may be a human and she a pony, but that still didn’t change the fact that she was an intelligent female, and I was male, and before you say anything else, no, I’m not the type of person that gets his biscuits buttered by seeing naked ponies. That is what we call, “Crazy Furries”, which is basically if all Furries were sex crazed weirdos who never took off their fursuits. Unhealthy, I know.

Either way, one thing was certain, she needed at bath. I mean, she needed it right now, regardless of how uncomfortable it may be. I stood up and stretched my limbs, trying to grow a pair and say exactly what needed to be said.

“So, uh, Fluttershy,” I started, “this may seem rude but, you need a bath.”.

10 minutes later...

Huh, that was easier than expected. It literally only took two 10 minutes to get her completely clean. What, you thought I was gonna explain the process of washing her down? Yeah, no. If you want something like that, go read another story, this is a PG-13 style book pal.

Anyways, after I finished my own shower, I walked into the kitchen to make her something to eat. She had to have been hungry, no doubt. I mean, I would be hungry at a time like this, but that’s just me.

I opened the fridge, huffing in annoyance at the site.

“Great, only apples and lettuce. Guess it’s fruit salad tonight...” I mumbled.

This was a constant thing for me. Thanks to the cafe going under, money was scarce at the time, so in turn, food was also scarce or at least challenging to keep on the table. Oh well, like I always say, “gotta take what you can get”. With that phrase ringing in my head, I started preparing dinner, although dinner was the last thing on my mind.

I could only think about one thing, “How the hell did she get here?”. Was it a spell of some sort? No, they’d have to know about my world. Maybe it was because of Discord, but wasn’t he friends with her and the others now? Oh god, the others! Were they in my world too?! Needless to say, in the words of JonTron, I have several questions!

Suddenly, the sound of a high-pitched scream broke my attention, causing me to bolt back into the living room.

“What’s wrong, everything alright?!” I shouted. I found Fluttershy cowering on the couch, covering her eyes.

“T-that thing, s-started to s-s-shout at me...” she squeaked, pointing at something. I looked in the general direction to only find that it was the TV. It was playing “Die Hard”, a classic action film. I looked back at her. She must have sat in the remote.

“Don’t worry, it’s not gonna hurt you,” I said, trying to be as calming as possible, “It’s just the TV.”.

She blinked at me in curiosity. I guess they didn’t have TV in their world. Must not have any problems with the population then.

“It’s kinda like a picture book, but the pictures move and make sounds.” Like that would explain it.

To my surprise, she nodded in understanding, while looking at it in astonishment. I chuckled softly. She looked almost like a puppy who recently discovered his reflection. Like I said, she is super cute.

A few minutes later, and we were eating our fruit salad. I was a bit afraid that she wouldn’t like it, but I was again shown why she’s the “Element of Kindness” and all that. As we ate, my questions started to gnaw at my mind. Should I ask, or should I keep it to myself? Hmm, nope, curiosity is killing this cat tonight.

“Ahem, so uh, Fluttershy,” I began, causing her to turn her head towards me, “I know this may be a weird time to ask but, how did you get here?”.

She looked away from me for a moment.

“Um, well, it’s hard to explain, but, well, it happened kind of like this...”.

Huh, time for a flashback. Que the wobbly wipe!

To be continued...