• Published 24th Nov 2018
  • 1,205 Views, 40 Comments

My Little Mages: Academia Ardens - Foxhelm



Everything in Twilight's School of Friendship is going well, but all of a sudden magic began to fail across Mystica. What's going on, maybe Tirek know. A My Little Mages retelling of School Raze

  • ...
9
 40
 1,205

New Torch Bearers

At the same time, back under the school at the circle that Cozy made. “After everything Twilight's done for you, why would you want to destroy her school?” Cozy asked as if she was utterly shocked at what she saw in front of her.

Gallus clenched his left fist, “We don't!” he counted, his anger getting the better of him. He then pointed at her with his right index finger, “You're the one using these artifacts to drain magic from Mystica!”

“Me?!” Cozy asked as she landed in utter shock and hurt in her voice. She then looked to the other students. “We all just saw you with your hands and talons all over them!” She then gasped. “It all makes sense. They want magic gone from Mystica because it's the only thing Mysticans have that they don't!” she

“Technically, there's magic involved when aasimars transforms from that to their merfolk form and the wide array of transformations that we elves can.” Ocellus pointed out a key flaw in Cozy’s argument.

Yona then stepped to be in front of everyone, “And Yona's friends' friendship is magic! Headmistress Princess Twilight said!” the young ork challenged them.

Cozy then “And you repay her by sending her to Tartarus on a wild goose chase so you could destroy everything she built!” Cozy then gasped before she pointed to the orb in which Flash and Starlight were trapped in. “ They've even trapped Lt. Corneal Sentry and Counselor Glimmer in that-that thing!” she stuttered in horror and shock. She then turned to the student, “We have to defend this school!” she ordered before the students charged the six.

“No! No, don't listen to her!” Sandbar pleaded as he ran to be in front of his friends to be a human shield to little to no avail as the students tried to tackle the five foreigners.

In the struggle, Gallus is able to get away only to bump into the ceiling and fell into the orb, “GALLUS” his five friends shouted as they all managed to break free and attempt to rescue the harpy.

Upon seeing this all the students stopped their charge as if they realized they were wrong. A Magicborn girl spoke up, “They just sacrificed themselves trying to save their friend. Professor Dash always said there's nothing more loyal than that.” she said as she looked to her fellow students. “Shouldn't we try to save them?” she asked.

Cozy shrugged her shoulders and was about to leave, “They brought this on themselves. There's nothing we can do.” Cozy concluded.

“That doesn't seem very generous. Or kind.” an Earthborn girl pointed out as this was massively inconsistent with everything they were taught.

“Yeah, yeah.” Cozy dismissed the concern. “The Elements of Harmony are very important. They're just not applicable in every circumstance.” she tried to finagle. “And with magic gone from Mystica, I'm not even sure the Tree of Harmony will be as helpful as it once was,” she concluded only for six massive crystalline roots grew out of the floor. One glow yellow, white, pink, purple, orange and light blue, much like the Rainbow of Light. “What's happening?!” she questioned as the six roots sent a rainbow into the orb and pulled out Yona, who started to glow yellow, Sandbar who glowed orange, Silverstream who glowed pink, Ocellus who glowed white, Smolder who glowed light blue and Gallus who glowed purple.

“They're glowing like the Elements!” an Earthborn girl shot as she pointed to the six as they floated to the ground. “I think the Tree of Harmony saved them!”

“Guess our friendship is pretty magical after all,” Gallus smirked as he looked at his friends in their current glowing state.

Ocellus then went over to the Talisman of Mirage. “Hurry! Grab the artifacts!” she shouted as she prepared to grab the talisman.

As the other went to the other elements, Silverstream was the most hesitant of the lot, “Um, didn't you say that could destroy the school?” she asked.

“But if we don't try, we could lose magic forever!” Ocellus pointed out that if no action was taken, worst fates await.

Sandbar called to other students, “You all better get clear!” he shouted to them.

The students screamed as they ran leaving Cozy and the trapped adults and the six closest to the circle. Cozy looked around, “Wait!” she ordered. “Where are you going?!” she asked. “Stoooooop!” she screamed.

The six grabbed the artifacts and pulled them from the circle ending the spell. The magic sugared back into the roots of the Tree of Harmony and with a shockingly non-damaging explosion the magic that Cozy attempted to drain was sent back to their owners.

Unlike when Twilight et al had to use the Rainbow of Light to guide the magic back, this time the magic, taking the form of individual orbs and were able to return to their owner by themselves. Even the creatures in Tartarus got their magic returned, but before most could do anything a howl from the reconstituted Kerberos prompted them all to return to their cages.

Outside of Tartarus, everyone got their magic. At the capital, Celestia, Luna, Neighsay and a squad of the ESM lead by Flash Magnus who were matching then used their magic to teleport to the school. In front of the gates, Twilight got access to her full demigod power and used it for long distance teleportation spell back to the school.

Back at the school, Starlight used her restored magic to teleport herself, the six students and Flash Sentry to the school’s open grounds. There the eight landed with a soft thud. Yona was the first to recover as she and her friends still held the artifacts used in Cozy’s spell. She laughed as she ran to Starlight, happy to see her free as she cheered, “Counselor Glimmer!”

Before the excited ork could crush her in an embrace, Starlight caught her in a magic bubble, “It's nice to see you, too, Yona.”

As everyone else recovered with their magic returning, Ocellus stood up with a smile on her face, “I guess magic is back.” the elf said followed by a grin.

As the six students were about to congratulate themselves, “You've ruined everything!” Cozy shouted as she arrived her hair disheveled and her ribbon torn.

“Well good to see you too, senpai!” Flash shouted as he picked up his sword.

“Oh please Sentry-kohai, you’re not going to strike an unarmed civilian.” Cozy dismissed the sentinel’s threat. Cozy then returned her focus to the six before anyone could question “Now Twilight and her ridiculous friends can escape from Tartarus!” she shouted just as before Twilight et al teleported with scowls on their faces. Cozy panicked as she stepped back, “I mean…” she started to correct course.

Applejack stepped in front of the rest, “DON’T YOU DARE!!! WE’VE BEEN TRAPPED IN TARTARUS ON A FOOL’S ERRAND THANKS TAH YAH!!!” the paladin shouted as she pointed to Cozy. Applejack took a breath. “Tirek sang like a canary about your plan!” she said calmed down slightly and stepped back.
Twilight placed her hand on Applejack’s shoulder as she stepped forward, “In reality, the only question that needs to be answered is why?” Twilight asked as her voice betrayed how hurt she felt.

Cozy growled at the question, “Because friendship is power!” she declared. “You might be the Princess of Friendship, but as headmistress of this school, I can collect even more friends than you!” Cozy declared this confused everyone as it seemed that Cozy was mad.

Twilight shook her head in sharrow, “You're the one who doesn't get it, Cozy.” Twilight said as he raised her head to look at Cozy. Twilight pointed to her friends, “Friendship is powerful, but power isn't why you make friends.” she said before she dipped her head again, “I'm sorry I couldn't teach you that.”

“Well, you taught us.” Gallus pointed out he called Twilight’s attention to himself and his friends.

Silverstream then added, “You can't let one bad apple make you think you failed.”

“Ya’ll never had cider made from a batch with a bad apple have yah? There’s a reason why that expression exists.” Applejack deadpanned.

“And we never could've stopped her if we hadn't learned what you taught us about friendship.” Sandbar added as he pointed to the artifacts in each of his friends' hands and his.

“Honesty? Loyalty? Generosity?” Cozy asked rhetorically in spite, “Blah-blah-blah!” she finished and started to hover, “I can make more friends without using any of them! And if I can't do it here, I'll do it somewhere else!” she declared as she started to fly away only to blocked with as a human wall by the other students. Cozy tried another way only for Celestia, Luna and Neighsay to arrive. Cozy then looked to the sky only to the squad of the ESM Royal Guard arrive cutting off any route of escape.

Flash Sentry then walked passed everyone and placed his hand on Cozy’s shoulder, “Sorry, senpai, but you are under arrest.”


About two hours later, Neighsay, Celestia and Twilight were walking from Twilight’s office. The chancellor sighed in relief, “I'm glad you're back in charge of the School of Friendship, Princess.” he said in relief. “It's clear to me now that there is nobody better suited for the job.”

“Thank you,” Twilight said with a smile but then looked down with a soft frown, “but you were right. This school did almost destroy Mystica.”

“What do you mean Twilight?” Celestia asked not sure what she meant and seeing the confused expression on Neighsay’s face she knew she was not the only taken off guard.

Twilight looked up after a breath, “Had I followed MEA guidelines I would have discovered that Cozy Glow was a student at the same school and time as Flash and I wouldn’t have admitted her.” Twilight informed.

Neighsay gave a sad smile as he shook his head, “I might have been right, but for all the wrong reasons.” After about a second they all heard a belch.

They turned to see, “What's going on?” Twilight asked as the three saw Gallus, Yona, Silverstream, Smolder, Ocellus and Sandbar in scholar robes typically used for graduations while Spike belching up a diploma for Smolder to catch and repeat for Sandbar to catch.

Silverstream waved her left hand at Twilight, “Hi, Headmistress Princess Twilight!” the aasimar said with a cheer. “We're just practicing for graduation!” she squealed as Spike belched up another diploma.

The two princesses and the chancellor looked at each other slightly confused, “Graduation?” Twilight asked on the part of the three adults.

Gallus smirked, “Now that we've saved Mystica, we figure we're done with school.” Gallus said as he caught the diploma that Spike belched up.

The three adults then had a laugh at the notation. Once the three finished their laugh, “Saving Mystica is nice, but I'm afraid it'll take more than one term to learn all there is to know about friendship. It took me to grasp enough about it to have a better understanding of its magic than even Star Swirl the Great.” Twilight informed the six.
“Awwww…” the six students complained in dejection as Spike stopped and to right next to Twilight.

“Your headmistress is right.” Neighsay said as he stepped forward to the students with a genuine smile on his face, as he was giving something from his heart, “I thought friendship was something only Mysticans should share with each other.” his head dipped in shame of his past actions, “But you all taught me how wrong I was and for once I am glad to be wrong.” He took a breath and turned to Twilight, “I suppose true friendship can take a lifetime to understand.”

“If it were easy to learn, we wouldn't need a school.” Twilight pointed out.

There was then a crash as the door that Cozy locked the CMC came open as the trio fell out. “We held her off as long as we could!” Apple Bloom yelped as the three regained themselves.

“But she locked us in this closet!” Scootaloo informed the others.

“Is everything alright?” Sweetie asked in a slight panic, “Where's Cozy Glow?” she asked for herself and the other CMC to be caught up to speed.

Celestia walked over to the three and helped them to their feet, “Everything worked out just fine my favorite trio.” She then stepped so that all present could see her and she could see them, “As for Cozy Glow, I can assure you, where she's going, she won't be causing any more trouble.” Celestia declared.


Deep in Tartarus, Kerberos whimpered as he rested next to Tirek’s cage. The extra-dimensional prison was now empty of all but it’s canine warden and the spellthief. This was due to the creatures’ sacrifice of their internal magic was deemed worthy of granting them parole. “Of course it's boring here now!” Tirek scolded the dog in utter frustration, “But at least you're not in a cage!” he continued as he walked to be on the far side of his prison from his jail-keeper. “Stupid dog,” he muttered to himself. In truth he was more angry with his own lack of forethought, the idea of trapping the six mages that sent him down there and no way for them or anyone to use the Rainbow of Light to get them out was so intoxicating that he forgot that he was still down in the hell-spot too.

Just then a magical portal open and Princess Luna stepped out with a handful of guards, The Order of Nox, by the look of their night-sky armor with lunar silver and a dash of lunar eclipse red here and there. “You shan't be alone for long.” Luna declared as one of the Order put a plaque not far from Tirek’s cage as the rest placed a cage down with a clear clang. Luna and the order then left through the portal they came through.

Tirek looked to see who or what was in the cage, only to see Cozy Glow, “Hey, neighbor.” she said cheerfully to Tirek before she grabbed the bars and a menacing smile formed on her face, “Wanna be friends?”

Author's Note:

half-way through Dec. 2018, I am up to date with the main story.
Alright lets see what remains,
1) The rest of the answer to Legend of Everfree
2) answer to Mirror Magic
3) answer to Forgotten Friend and
4) the movie

Well I just might cover all this before the Season 9 opener, but definately be up to date for the season 9 finale. I hope you enjoy