• Published 19th Sep 2018
  • 1,223 Views, 385 Comments

Life is a Test: A Series of Pony Logic Puzzles - Brony_of_Brody



The Mane 6 and Friends face a perplexing pile of pony puzzles. Probably.

  • ...
1
 385
 1,223

PreviousChapters Next
Trixie's Rehearsal Woes

Greetings, loyal readers! It is I, the Great and Powerful Trixie!

What's that? You've never heard of me? Don't you lie, I see you, wasting your time on this website when you could be working! Look at Trixie! Trixie is ALWAYS working!

Ahem.

Anyway, I have been asked to impart a certain tale of woe that could perhaps be used as an invaluable learning experience to lost lambs such as yourselves. No, don't stop to thank Trixie or anything, it was nothing. Well, the disaster was something to Trixie, but unexamined lives and all that.

Well, I had recently come up with an act so great it would surely require a level of technological sophistication not unlike that of the most well-known princess crowning ceremonies. Oh it was marvelous! It would have been a great pyrotechnic marvel of explosions, fire, exploding fire and so many fireworks and illusions that Trixie would be a superstar overnight. And by that I mean MORE of a superstar, because that's what Trixie is already. Yes.

But the last thing I wanted was to have the press shove their cameras and their notebooks into Trixie's business, so I hatched a plan. A scheme of sorts, if you will. I had a crew of thirty ponies all ready, all being very well paid by Canterlot sponsors, and so I decided to split them into three groups to rehearse the act independently.

Now, never let anypony say that Trixie ever lets an act go stale! No sir! So Trixie decided to keep them on everypony's toes, even during practice. I told them that they wouldn't know which teams they would be assigned to, and had them sorted out with certain...instructions.

What's that? Why didn't Trixie just go the simple route for an act as big as this? Because Trixie ALWAYS remains consistent on how stagehands are arranged, and Trixie wasn't about to stop now!

Yes, I realise that it was a terrible idea NOW, thank you. Now may Trixie FINISH her unfortunate comedy of errors? As I was saying...

Each of the thirty ponies would turn up at the Canterlot train station at random times during the day, and they'd get on the first train departing to either Las Pegasus, Manehatten or San Diegoat. Now, Trixie did check the timetables, and it so happened that there were an equal amount of trains bound to each destination, so it stood to reason that Trixie should have a decently even split of teams, each one ready to rehearse their individual parts for Trixie's grand performance.

But alas! Upon returning to Canterlot to coordinate the operation, Trixie discovered that the plan, the beautiful operation, had hit a snag! I had received word that out of the thirty ponies that were part of this glorious undertaking, TWENTY FIVE of them had arrived in Las Pegasus, and only a measly THREE ponies were in Manehatten, while the remaining TWO were in San Diegoat!

Now as you can imagine, Trixie was considerably hacked off by this! Oh there were a lot of angry words exchanged, but each and every pony involved swore on Princess Celestia that they didn't disobey Trixie's instructions. Hmph. Personally Trixie believes that the bright lights and glitz of Las Pegasus were too much of a siren's call for these cretins.

But since I was told that there was a perfectly reasonable explanation for it (it was some nerd in glasses who said he worked on 'fanfiction', whatever that is), Trixie wants to hear it from you. Yes, you. Don't tell me you can't explain to Trixie why my glorious act was nearly ruined by a snag that Trixie had not foreseen!

Author's Note:

So that's your puzzle. For those who zoned out of Trixie's rambling, here's the summary:

1. Three destinations: Las Pegasus, Manehatten and San Diegoat.

2. There's an equal amount of trains to each destination.

3. Thirty ponies turn up at random times during the day.

4. Said ponies catch the first train going to one of these destinations.

5. The result is 25 ponies in Las Pegasus, 3 in Manehatten and 2 in San Diegoat.

6. Nopony disobeyed instructions.

PUZZLE: Figure out how this could have happened.

PreviousChapters Next