• Published 15th Sep 2018
  • 1,181 Views, 35 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season VIII - DakariKingMykan



The ponies face an evil that demands strength, and a computer virus program terrorizing the electronic systems

  • ...
120
 35
 1,181

Episode 8: Are you Feeling it?

EPISODE EIGHT

Rai Shi and Tan Shi were training hard in the temple dojo to keep up their strength and skills--punching, kicking, clawing and biting at one another.

“You’re a little slow, Rai Shi.” Tan Shi teased, which angered Rai and he thrust forth to punch her, only for her to leap up high and attempt to jump-kick him-- exactly what he wanted…! He swerved to the side, then standing swiftly on his fists he kicked her hard and sent her to the edge of the fighting ring.

“Perhaps it is you who are being slow, female.”

He kindly offered to help her up, but Tan angrily slapped his hand away snarling like the tiger she was. Then she got up and left in a huff.

Rai growled, “What is with her?” he wondered.

Tan Shi stomped down the hall way nearly shoving Kara Shi over as he walked past her. “Hey!” he thundered “Watch where you’re going, girl?”

Tan Shi only roared threateningly, frightening him, and then she stomped off. “Did you see that?” he whimpered to Stammadon, but his master took no notice.


Stammadon was going through some old scrolls he had uncovered from hidden stone panels in his throne room. These were scrolls of old creatures known to have lived on Planet Ainzul, or once visited in his own time, ten thousand years ago.

“May I ask what you’re doing, sir?” asked En Shi.

Stammadon looked up “I am seeking a creature as my new master; one that will help me train to increase my strength and help me grow used to this pony body I have.

Unfortunately, after ten thousand years many of them have perished, or have gone into seclusion throughout the galaxy, but I shall find one, and I will train well.”

En shi and Kara Shi stood where they were, and Stammadon suddenly snapped at them, “What are you just standing around for? You could send another monster to attack Starfleet and gather more fear for us anyway!”

The two minions nodded and went on their way. “Gee, everyone seems to be in a huge mood today.” said Kara Shi, and that made him realize “Yeah… a mood! I know just the monster to unleash.”

Curious, En Shi followed him, but stopped at inner training dojo where she could see Tan Shi was furiously attacking strong, rock solid punching bags. “Think I’m weak just because I’m female, huh!” she snarled “That’s what they all said!

I’ll show them! I’ll show them all!!

CLAW SLASH!!” her sharp claws glowed brightly and she actually slashed the rock bags into gravel.

En Shi shuddered at how furious she looked, “She’s got anger problems, all right.”

She turned to walk up the hall, and ran into Kara Shi, with a monster he had unleashed from the walls.

Emosha: She resembled that of a tall humanoid alien with white skin and faded purple shading at the edges. She had long dark blue hair, wore a black kimono with paintings of many silver faces, each with a different expression or emotion, and she carried a solid, sharp fan in her hand.

“Mmm… it feels good to be free, but I’m enraged as well that I was sealed up all that time. Someone will be feeling sorry soon for it!”

En Shi remembered her “That’s right-- with a wave of your sacred fan you can curse someone to feel any emotion you choose.”

Emosha snickered and held her fan up to her sinister eyes, “Emotions can be quite strong, or otherwise leave you weak and vulnerable.”

Kara Shi agreed “Oh, this is going to put a sting on those fighters. How can they concentrate on battling if they’re all messed up with feelings they can’t control?

Let’s go, Emosha.”

“Wait…!” snapped En Shi, and she addressed the monster “Would happen to know anything about Love?”

“Love?” asked Emosha, and Kara Shi groaned “Oh, not this again?”

“You see…” En Shi said with her hands over her chest “I don’t know how to describe this, but lately I’ve been starving, craving for romance. What should I do?”

“Alas,” replied Emosha “Love is a very complicated emotion, how it comes and goes is a mystery. Even I cannot fathom, nor can I create or control. My only advice to you: Do what you must.”

“Let’s go already!” whined Kara Shi “Starfleet’s not going to destroy itself you know.”

With that, the two ran off leaving En Shi alone with her emotions. “Oh, well… once I find my true soulmate, I will do as I must.” she then sighed heavenly.



A week had passed since Swift Star agreed to be Lightning’s pupil, but the rest of the unit agreed to help in his training too.

He was given a full schedule, and was to train with Lightning and or his assigned tutors for eight hours a training day.

Since Swift had already two years of experience in the academy, he was already pretty strong and fast, but Lightning and friends still preferred to train him their own way.

Today, he was at Dyno and Mtye’s mining site to build up his muscles and strength, by pushing very heavy boulders in mine-carts while wearing a backpack and special boots, enchanted with a spell to weigh over one-hundred pounds each. This would make it very difficult for any beginner to complete even a simple task, but Swift managed to not so bad.

He managed to push the carts all the way to the end of the long mine shafts, and then back again, but at a slow pace, and he got so tired that he stopped to rest several times, but his instructors wouldn’t hear of it!

“Vamos, Hormbre, pick up the slack!” scolded Dyno.

“Yes sir!” groaned Swift, and he got back to his feet and pushed the carts again.

Another part of his training was to build up his pain tolerance. This was done by resting huge, heavy rocks on top of his hands. The heavier the weight, the more Swift groaned and moaned, “It hurts!”

“Do you want to give up?” Myte teased, as a test of Swift’s patience and courage. Surely enough, Swift decided to endure a little more pain.

Then it was outside in the wide open where Lightning would test him in his weary condition with target dummies he had set up.

“You got to be kidding me?” groaned Swift.

Lightning only gave him a strict look “Do I look like I’m kidding to you? I know it’s hard and you’re tired, but in battles you won’t get much of a chance to rest. You need to build yourself up and tell your body you can go a little longer.”

Swift poured on all the strength he could and stood up straight.

“Good.” said Lightning, and then he pointed at the monster dummy he had set up “This is your target. I want you to run at it, leap and kick it in the head, and land gracefully on your feet.”

Swift focused on his target as best he could. He ran, he jumped at it…

…He missed it completely and fell flat on his back!

Lightning could only sigh in dismay. “Try it again, and this time, keep your eye on the target!”

Swift tried again, and again, and again… and he finally managed to kick the dummy’s head, but he still didn’t land gracefully on his feet, rather forward on his face.

“Ay-Ay-Ay!” groaned Dyno.

“I think we should take a break now.” added Myte.

“I agree.” said Lightning.

The men were all seated down, and gave Swift some water.

Starla and Pinkie Pie came along with full packed lunches for the men. Starla had Shining Light in a buggy on her front.

“Sooooo… how’s it going?” Pinkie asked, but the men all gave her looks of dismay, and she could see the small wounds on Swift’s body.

“Not too good, huh?” asked Starla.

“I reeked!” groaned Swift “I couldn’t hit One… Lousy… Target…!” He growled and pitched a rock up the site, causing a small rockslide.

“Well, at least your strength is improving.” said Pinkie.

“For all the good it’ll do.” protested Swift “I just can’t get it together.”

“And you never will if you keep up with that attitude.” scolded Lightning “I know this is frustrating for you, Swift, but it comes naturally, and gradually you’ll have to learn to deal with it and overcome it.

Remember: a true Starfleet fighter shouldn’t personal emotion or difficulty get in the way of judgment or focus.”

“That’s easy for you to say.” said Swift “You chose me, and I want to impress you. That’s what I think about when I’m trying to do anything, and it doesn’t help.”

The others all sighed. He just wasn’t getting it no matter how many times they tried to tell him. They wanted him to impress himself… not just them.

“You know, Swift, you should consider yourself lucky.” said Dyno “None of us ever had it this easy when we were training.”

“Yeah right…” said Swift.

“No, it’s true.” protested Myte “We were always pushed and pummeled and stretched right to the limits. We messed up many times before we got it right.”

Swift didn’t look impressed, and Starla sat down next to him, “Swift, the point is you just don’t understand what we all came to learn or realize ourselves, but you will, IF you’re willing to try.”

Swift sighed softly, “I am willing to try, but I’m sick of always failing and messing up!”

“Aww, cheer up.” said Pinkie “You just need to think more positive and be happy about things, like how cool it’ll be when you finally succeed.”

“Like that’ll happen soon.”

“Okay, but… why not just smile because it’s a beautiful day? Be happy that you’re alive and still trying? Or just plain be Happy…?”

Swift wasn’t so sure he understood her optimism. “What does being happy have to do with training? I thought you told me not to let my emotions get to me.”

Lightning realized that “Well, yes… but what I really meant it was; learn to CONTROL your emotions, and not let them control you. Use them for the better and not the worst.”

Swift still didn’t seem to understand.

“I know…” said Pinkie Pie “Why don’t I take over for a little, I can help him understand.”

Lightning went over the training schedule, “Well… alright, Pinkie, he’s yours.”

Pinkie giddily bounced with glee, “Come on you…” grabbing Swift by the arm, she flew off with him in tow! “HEY!!” cried Swifty “WATCH IT, I CAN’T FLY-----!!!”

They were gone almost immediately, but the others felt Swift was in good hands.

Shining Light suddenly began to moan, “I better fly back too.” said Starla, and then she cooed as she softly stroked the baby’s head, “Someone needs a nap.”

She pecked her husband on the cheek and was off, “See ya, fellas.”

The boys then looked at all the rocks Swift had made fall into the site, and decided to clean it all away, and as they worked Lightning noticed the twins seemed concerned of something. “Something wrong, boys?”

The twins looked at one another and Dyno asked “You really think we can get through to Swift?”

“I don’t think… I know.” said Lightning “When Grand Ruler trained me he told me that exact same thing; that he wouldn’t give up-- he’d make a fighter out of me even if it took forever.”

“And you’re training Swift just like his majesty trained you, huh?” asked Myte.

Lightning chuckled “Well, not exactly. I’m not Grand Ruler, and I can’t train anyone like he can, so I’m training Swift the best way I feel that I can, and I expect the same from all of you too.”

The twins agreed.


Pinkie Pie took Swift back into the village, landing him safely on the ground and he looked pretty green in the face, “Ugh… I hate flying.” he groaned.

“I love it…” said Pinkie as she fluttered about, “I can’t go even ten seconds without fluttering my wings, but come on… I want to show you something.”

As she pulled him along through town, neither of them noticed Kara Shi and Emosha were nearby, keeping well out of sight-- hiding behind bushes, trees, and other objects so as not to be spotted by a patrol, spying on all the ponies everywhere.

“Oh, this is perfect,” hissed Kara Shi “A whole village of suckers about to have their days turned upside down.”

He motioned for the monster to do her thing.

“Right…” hissed Emosha and she held out her glowing fan, and spotted three ponies coming down the road, all looking happy and cheerful, but one swing of her Fan, and Emosha called out “Panicking!”

The fan emitted a blast of magical waves which struck the ponies hard, and the trio began to fret and panic about, running in circles like ponies that had seen a ghost.

Kara Shi snickered “This is incredible.”

Emosha agreed, “…I feel things have only started.”



As Pinkie and Swift strolled through town, Pinkie waved to every pony and other creature she knew and gave them a friendly hello, and they smiled and greeted her back.

“Um, what are we doing…?” asked Swift.

“Saying “Hi” to everyone, that’s what.”

Swift found it incredible and perplexing, “Everyone seems so happy, but the planet could be attacked any second.”

“Yeah,” agreed Pinkie “But we don’t let that stop us living our lives. In fact it also helps us build up our courage-- show those baddies we’re not all that afraid.

Besides that, I love see everyone smiling.”

She then turned to face him, “Come on, you try it. Try smiling…”

Then she began to sing her special “Smile Song”

I’m Major Pinkie Pie (hello)
And I am here to say (how ya doin'?)
I'm gonna make you smile, and I will brighten up your day-ay
It doesn't matter now (what's up?)
If you are sad or blue (howdy!)
'Cause cheering up my friends is just what Pinkie's here to do


'Cause I love to make you smile, smile, smile
Yes I do
It fills my heart with sunshine all the while
Yes it does
'Cause all I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine

I like to see you grin (awesome)
I love to see you beam (rock on)
The corners of your mouth turned up
Is always Pinkie's dream (hoof-bump)
But if you're kind of worried
And your face has made a frown
I'll work real hard and do my best
To turn that sad frown upside down

'Cause I love to make you grin, grin, grin
Yes I do
Bust it out from ear to ear, let it begin
Just give me a joyful grin, grin, grin
And you fill me with good cheer

It's true, some days are dark and lonely
And maybe you feel sad
But Pinkie will be there to show you that it isn't that bad
There's one thing that makes me happy
And makes my whole life worthwhile
And that's when I talk to my friends and get them to smile

I really am so happy
Your smile fills me with glee
I give a smile, I get a smile
And that's so special to me

As always, many ponies began to join in with the song, singing, dancing, and of course… smiling all the brighter.

Swift could still barely understand it, but Pinkie wouldn’t give up and danced alongside him hoping to make him smile too.

'Cause I love to see you beam, beam, beam
Yes I do
Tell me, what more can I say to make you see
That I do?
It makes me happy when you beam, beam, beam
Yes, it always makes my day

Come on everybody smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine

Swift couldn’t help himself and his lips actually curled upward into a bright smile, much to Pinkie’s delight, and he couldn’t help but dance along in the joy.

Yes a perfect gift for me
Is a smile as wide as a mile
To make me happy as can be
Smile, smile, smile, smile, smile
Come on and smile
Come on and smile

As soon as the song was finished, Pinkie turned back to Swift and he was still smiling. “This does feel kinda of nice.”

“Told ya…” chirped Pinkie, but her pleasantness was short-lived… for she suddenly heard the unpleasant sounds of ponies yelling, crying, fretting, and she looked all around to see some ponies were in fact weeping, running around in panic, or arguing angrily with one-another.

“What’s going on?” asked Swift.

“I’ll tell you what’s going on…” laughed a sinister voice, and the monster revealed herself, frightening other ponies in the area and they began to run in panic, which only fed more fear and negativity towards Stammadon’s increasing power.

“Who or what are you?” asked Swift.

“I am Emosha; Empress of Emotions, and I’ve got a feeling you’re in for a bad feeling.”

Pinkie’s features hardened, and she transformed, “Harmony Hour, Friendship Power!”

Swift thought seeing the transformation up close to be cool, and Pinkie told him “Go and get Lightning, I’ll handle this creep.”

Swift agreed and dashed off as fast as he could, only to run into Kara Shi near the village boundaries. “Going somewhere?” the villain hissed.

“You…!” Swift growled, “You’re working with my cousin, Striker! You brainwashed him!”

“Oh… you’re related to Stammadon?” teased Kara Shi “Funny, you don’t look nearly as strong as he does, and you know we don’t like weakliness.”

Swift felt his emotions racing away with him. Ever since he had found out about Striker’s brainwashing, part of his reasons to train under Lightning was to hopefully save Striker.

He knew he should warn Lightning as he was told, but his anger was racing, and he looked ready to fight, but he suddenly remembered what Lightning had told him about letting his emotions run away with him; that and he wasn’t a licensed fighter and not fully trained, he couldn’t fight with an enemy like Kara Shi.

Unfortunately, his stalling made him an easy target, and Kara Shi leapt over and slashed him hard across his armor, making a huge shower of sparks and sent him hurling right into a lamppost.

Kara Shi laughed



“Okay, you… I’m ready!” Pinkie snarled and she was ready to rush the monster.

“Oh, really…?” hissed Emosha, and with a wave of her fan “Laughing!” she blasted Pinkie hard with her waves, and all of a sudden Pinkie just burst out laughing and giggling uncontrollably. “I… I can’t stop!” she laughed and snorted.

She had laughed before, but never like this. She held herself, she tried holding her breath, she even tried thinking sad thoughts-- which was difficult for her anyway-- but she only laughed more and more, and in her present state she couldn’t hope to stand up straight, let alone throw a punch.

“Hold it right there!” shouted a voice as sentry guards came charging in to attack, but Emosha snickered and waved her fan three times shouting, “Grumpy! Bashful! Sleepy!”

The three waves struck each of the sentries, and at once their emotions switched. One sentry scowled and folded his arms growling, “What are you looking at?”

The second sentry blushed, and hid behind her mane, “Oh… myyyyyy…” she sniveled.

The third one let out a huge yawn, “Come to think of it,” he said wearily “Forty winks… wouldn’t be bad.” and he literally dropped down to sleep.

Emosha laughed wickedly, “Oh, this FEELS great.”


Swift was down, and he did feel sore… but surprisingly not as much thanks to all his training that week, as well as two years prior. He actually found strength to get onto his feet.

“What…?! You’re still standing?!!” growled Kara Shi.

“Yes… he is.” called Lightning.

Kara Shi looked behind him and saw Lightning, the twins and Starla, all transformed. They were all on their way through town and noticed the disturbance.

“Swift, are you okay?” asked Lightning.

Swift nodded bravely, and Lightning told him, “Help out whatever civilians you can, then get to safety. We’ll handle this.”

“Sir, wait…” Swift warned him “Watch out for that monster; he fan makes you feel different emotions.”

The fighters could already see this by the way many ponies were acting, even Pinkie who was still on the floor kicking and laughing like she had seen clowns.

Starla scanned Pinkie with her visor. Not only was Pinkie covered in alien magical waves that made her laugh, her vital signs were dropping due to her laughing so much—the constant outbursts of laughter was putting a dreadful strain on her systems.

“If we don’t stop her laughing, she could get really hurt!” said Starla.

“That’s the least of your worries,” hissed Kara Shi and let sped past the fighters, hitting them with his sword, making small explosions as he struck them.

“Why you little half-pint!” snarled Dyno.

Kara Shi took huge offense, “Always with the height cracks!” he really looked steamed, “Even on my home planet, Kazumi, I was ridiculed for my height, and all anyone ever said of me, that I can never amount to anything because I’m not tall enough.

It’s never cool to be a pebble in the land of giants, but I showed them! I showed them all what a short guy can do-- I slaughtered those who wronged me and insulted me for my height.”

The fighters felt sick to hear of such actions.

“I was captured, and despite calls for my death, my people only had me banished from Kazumi, and forced to fend for myself.

Fortunately, I found my way to Ainzul, and Stammadon recognized my obvious abilities despite my size. I’ve never felt such power!!”

He panted like an obsessed insane creature, which he was! The fighters had heard enough and the twins offered to keep him busy while Lightning and Starla dealt with the monster.

“Be careful boys.” said Lighting said and he and Starla leapt off to confront the monster.


“You think I’m scared of you two?” sneered Kara Shi.

“You will be soon enough.” growled Dyno.

“Fiesta time!” hissed Myte.

They all rushed in, and Kara Shi leapt swiftly around, here and there and everywhere making the twins dizzy.

“Get ready, Dyno.”

“Si, Myte.”

Kara Shi then roared as he leapt at the twins, and at the last second the twins sprinted off making him miss.

Since the twins did not require being in contact for physical strength and speed, they split up to gang up on Kara Shi.

BAM!! Dyno then came in and kicked him way upward, right to where Myte was hovering and he punched him hard down the ground with a crash!

The brothers gave each other a high thumb, but Kara Shi leapt onto his feet, “You’ve had your shots, now I’ll take mine!” He held his sword straight up at the sky, and right above it appeared a glowing org of energy, “SHOCKER SLASHWAVE!”

He slashed at the orb, unleashing thunderous electrical pulse-waves outward, but not down at Kara Shi himself. The pulses struck the twins hard, and knocked them to the ground with thunderous crashes.

“Take that, Tall Guys!”


The twins were not out yet, and got up for more.


While Lightning and Starla rushed the monster!

Emosha didn’t look like it, but she was a swift fighter, and her fan made a great combat weapon, and shield. She blocked off the fighters punches, and with a twist of her wrist she struck the two fighters with the edge of her sharp fan. “I’m a real FAN-tastic fighter.” she joked.

The two fighters looked hardly amused.

“Oh, don’t feel that way…” Emosha teased “Feel, Mad… at each other!” and she waved her fan to put them bother under a spell.

“Duck!” shouted Lightning, and he and Starla hit the dirt causing the blast to miss and bounce off a lamppost heading straight for Dyno and Myte.

The twins looked round just as the blast hit them, and their emotions immediately went into fury as they glared at one another.

“What are you looking at?” growled Dyno.

“I’m looking at you! You got a problem?!” snarled Myte.

“Don’t you talk with me like that, man!”

“What are you gonna to about it, huh?”

The twins glared at one another with fire blazing in their eyes, and actually began to fight with each other.

“No! Guys, don’t!” shouted Starla, but the twins didn’t stop and kept brawling with one another-- punching, kicking and firing weak blasts from their horns.

Kara Shi laughed, “Why destroy them when they can destroy each other.”

The twins leapt up at one another in a jump kick, both hitting each other hard and they fell to the ground. Both yelled at each other in Spanish.

“¡Te conseguiré por eso! *I’ll get you for that*!”

“Tráelo amigo! *Bring it on, Buddy*!”



As they continued to fight, Swift saw everything from the house he had taken shelter in, and protected by a barrier. “I don’t believe this!” he cried to himself “There’s got to be a way for them to snap out of it.”

His panicking made it very hard for him to concentrate, as well as his frustration that he couldn’t be actually out there helping.


“We’ve got to break them up.” said Lightning.

“Oh, really?” hissed Emosha “Maybe you should BREAK DOWN IN TEARS!!” and she waved her fan again.

“Look out!” cried Starla, and they both ducked down, but once again the blast was deflected, bounced off post-box and struck Starla.

“No!!” cried Lightning.

Starla stood where she was, quivering and moaning while trying to fight it, but she fell to her knees, and buried her face into her hands weeping hysterically.

Pinkie continued to laugh!

The twins were still riving and thrashing at one another, and all other ponies were panicking, sleeping, acting awkward or whatever spell they were under!

Lightning was the only one left that hadn’t been hit yet, and Kara Shi joined Emosha by his side.

“Can you feel it now?” hissed Emosha “Your end is near, and all the feelings in the world will be mine to control!”

“Give up now while you can!” sneered Kara Shi.

Lightning stood where he was growling at the two.


Swift could see him and noted how he still seemed to hold out despite the overwhelming stress, and this reminded him of what he was taught that day about not panicking with emotion.

“I’ve got to calm down.” Swift said to himself “Maybe there’s a way to fix all this.”

It was then and there that both he and Lightning happened upon the same thought-- Emosha’s magic fan.

Lightning had scanned it with his visor, and surely enough the source of the spell was confirmed “I’ve got to destroy that fan.” Lightning thought “It’s the only way to break the spell.

…But first I have to get it away from her.”


Kara Shi was growing impatient, “Well, do you surrender or not?”

“Not!” Lightning sneered “If anything, You Two should surrender!”

“Wrong answer!” snarled Kara Shi. He lunged forth, but Lightning dodged him and he went straight for the monster, punching and kicking at her furiously.

Emosha swerved, dodged his every attack, and even blocked a few strikes with her fan. “Looks like someones feeling the burn!” she teased him and made a strike for him, but he ducked out of the way and managed to kick her hard in the gut knocking her back and her fan went flying up high.

Lightning caught the fan in his sight, but before he could try to go for it, Kara Shi shot electrical currents all around him, and HE caught the fan himself. “It’s not polite to take things that don’t belong to you.”

Lightning growled and rushed him.

Kara Shi swung his sword, but missed as Lightning leapt up high, “Try a blast of this!” Lightning thundered, and from his horn he blasted a small stream of Uniforce, forcing Kara to block with the fan, but the resulting explosion knocked him back hard and the fan out flew of his grip.

The fan landed flat on the ground and Lightning dove straight for it.

“Oh, no you don’t!” shouted Emosha, and she dove for her fan as well.

Lightning just blasted her with another burst of Uniforce sending her crashing down and he grabbed the fan.



“All Right!” cheered Swift, and then he watched as Lightning threw the magic fan up high and gave it a huge blast of Uniforce, destroying it in an explosion.

“No!! My Fan!!” cried Emosha.

With the destruction of the fan, the magical waves wore off.

Starla stopped crying, the twins stopped fighting, and Pinkie stopped laughing.

“What just happened?” asked Pinkie.

Starla lifted her visor and wiped her eyes “I remember; we got hit by that monster’s evil fan…”

Dyno and Myte realized this as well.

“Man, what was I doing?” groaned Dyno.

Myte felt just as ashamed “Now I really am mad! Let’s smash that creep!”

“Si!” agreed his brother.


Emosha was really furious now, “You!!” she thundered at Lightning “You’ll pay for that! I’ll break you limb from limb with my bare hands!”

“So will I!” growled Kara Shi.

Lightning remained stiff as a board and didn’t let their taunting get to him. Instead he rushed forth to attack them both, but the two villains zipped out of the way.

“I got him!” snarled Kara Shi, and he leapt up high for a crashing strike…

“PULSAR LASER” Starla blasted hi right down to the ground where Pinkie was waiting, and she gave him a huge boot, sending him skidding along the ground.

“I love a good laugh, but you’re not funny!” sneered Pinkie.

“I’ll give you something to cry about!” added Starla, and the two ladies began to rush Kara Shi.


“I will help you!” cried Emosha “I don’t need my fan to fight these creeps.”

“Oh, no?” snapped Lightning, and he rushed in punched her hard in the face and sending her sailing over to where the twins stood ready.

They nodded at one another and joined hands, “BOOM-BOOM ROCKETS” and fired a barrage of rockets at her, making explosions blast her all around. “Hey! Three against one; this isn’t fair!” she whined.

“Well it serves you right, Chica!” sneered Dyno.

“Si,” agreed Myte “…Turning me against my own brother! You’re going down!”

Lightning nodded at the twins, “She’s all yours boys. I’ll go try and help the girls.”


The monster roared and charged for the twins, but they split up and zipped away. Then they each took turns rushing passed her, punching, kicking and bashing her good.

“I think now’s as good a time.” said Dyno.

“Ready when you are.” agreed Myte.

The twins joined hands, and powered up their finisher!

“Uh, oh…!” cried Emosha.

“BOOM-BOOM FLARE”

POW!! The twins unleashed their fire attack, blasting Emosha hard, “WHOA!! I’M FEELING THE BURN!!” she screamed, and she exploded and was imprisoned.

“VIVA!!” the twins shouted, slapping each other a high-five.


Swift jumped for joy, “They did it!!”



The girls bashed Kara Shi hard in a double-kick and sent him crashing into a lamppost.

They scanned him with their visors, and his energy still wasn’t nearly low enough to even try to capture him. “He’s tough for a shrimp.” said Pinkie.

Kara Shi looked ready to explode, with rage, but when he looked up at the ladies, and Lightning joining them by their side, he decided it best to retreat. “I’ll get you all for this! Just you wait… I’LL GET YOU!!”

Then he was gone, vanished out of sight.

“So much for him.” said Lightning.

The twins joined their teammates, presenting them with the captured monster.


With the emergency over, the barriers around the buildings ceased and all the ponies and creatures came out cheering for their saviours, especially Swift.

“Sir, that was incredible.” he said to Lightning “You were all just awesome out there!”

Lightning nodded proudly and then told him, “I hope you learned something from this, too, Swift. Now you see just how strongly emotions can affect you, and how important it is to try and keep them under control, especially in battle.”

The other fighters all nodded at Swift, sharing agreement with Lightning lecture, and Swift agreed too. “I’ll try much harder to remember that now.”


When Kara Shi got back to the temple, Stammadon took no interest in his failure, “While I cannot condone your blunders,” he grumbled “These emotions have given us much strength. Well done, Kara Shi.”

“Even though you failed to actually destroy Starfleet anyway.” murmured En Shi.

Kara Shi heard her anyway, and felt outraged “You want to say that to me again?!” he thundered.

En Shi looked ready to brawl.

“Stop it!” snarled Tan Shi “There’s been enough emotional misery around here as it is.” Then she walked off to be by herself once more.

“Something is seeming very wrong, with Tan Shi.” said Rai Shi “She is becoming more and more enraged each day.”

Stammadon agreed, “Whatever her issues are, they are her problem. I have my own devices to attend to.” he held up a single scroll, but didn’t tell his minions what it was and went off to study alone.

“Well, I have my own quest to deal with.” said En Shi, and she went off again to ponder her search of finding a lover.

Kara Shi just gripped his sword tightly and vowed, “Starfleet will pay for this. Anyone who dares insult me for my height will be destroyed!”

Rai Shi could sense his comrade’s pain and took pity on him. “Come…” he said “Let us train together and improve our skills and strength.”

Kara Shi agreed, and the two comrades went off together.


Meanwhile, Swift decided to keep on training, and went back to the mine site with Lightning to try the jump kick attacks again.

“Right at the head now.” said Lightning.

His student agreed, and focused, this time keeping his emotions in check and concentrating only on his target and not of his teacher or any expectations.

He charged forth, roaring, and then took a mighty leap and WHAMM… he kicked the dummy right in the head, somersaulted in the air and landed gracefully on the ground.

“I did it…” he said “I DID IT!!” and he began to jump for joy, but suddenly stopped remembering “…Easy… keep it in check.”

Lightning nodded proudly at him, but it was good he was finally getting somewhere with his student, but the road ahead was still long and going to be hard.


(Promo)

In our next episode: Rarity begins to develop sicknesses from her pregnancy and is rushed to the hospital for treatment and stability. Meanwhile, Data Stream is visiting New Ponyville and gets the idea to have Megadox infiltrate the hospital systems, which leads to all the patients suffering immensely, and the Data Squad are called to action again, but must once more, avoid revealing their identities.

Will Rarity be alright from her condition, will all the patients survive this terrible virus?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Viral Hospital”)