• Published 20th Jul 2018
  • 4,594 Views, 150 Comments

I Am The Villain! - Chemtest



You ever just have a goal in your head, but then the opposite happens?

  • ...
17
 150
 4,594

What sad form of communism is this!

I walk into a meeting with the Captain Guard. Apparently, his name is Fire Power. I see a connection between names of my advisors. First Lightning, now Fire? 2 spoopy 4 me.

The metting is in the war room. Basically, a dark room with a map in the middle. This map is updated, Pinkie Pie carrying it around for map emergencies. I walk up to the map, “What is the reason for this meeting, Power?”

He looks up towards me, “We should expand, have more than one city in Bananaramma.”

I nod, “That would be good, but we don’t have enough power to take any nation surrounding us. And colonialism of snowy land is not easy, especially if we cannot replicate the shield that makes this city livable.”

He nods back, “All of those points are true. That’s why we found the perfect place.” He points to a blue flag on the map, “This land right here is warmer than here, and it is relatively near. No nation has claimed or colonized this land, and it remains untapped. It has a river running through it, and plenty of space for an up and comeing city. To put it simply: it is good land for us to get a new city out to. It also lays near the Griffonion railway that leads over the sea to Griffonia. Neighagra falls, Manehatten, and Hollow Shades all lay near here and have the Manehatten railway connecting them.”

I scratch my chin, “So, we could easily connect those two railways through our colony, this making it a trading hub.”

He nods, “Yes, exactly. If someone needed to trade from the entirety of the east coast with Griffonia then they would have to take a days long detour to the west and come through here in order to get there. But if we connect these railroads with our city then the ride will become much shorter. The mountains nearby will have reasorces, allowing more trade out of there. To put it simply, the fact is that this could be the biggest trading city in the world because of what it will connect. It would be the hub for any trade to Griffonia that doesn’t go over the sea, and a majority of the trade to both us and Equestria will go through there. The only problem is getting ponies out there.”

I smile, “Power, did I ever tell you I was the leader of a teleportation company?”

“Are you saying what I think?”

I nod, “Give me two days and I can build a teleportation system so we can quickly travel from there to here and from here to there.”

He smiles for once, “Get that done and I’ll get the colonists ready. Two days?”

“Two days.”

—(Two days? No, four days.)—

I smile as I admire my teleporter in front of me. We sent a squad of guards through here two days ago when I finished it’s construction. They sent a message back saying it worked. Another squad stands behind me, “Remember, our job is to support the other squad and clear any threats out before we send the settlers through. Let’s go.” I walk through.

———

I look around my surroundings to find myself in an arid and warm environment. But, my squad of guards is not there. Only one guard who is currently running towards us, “Sir, thank the Heart your here!”

I look down at the guard as he stops, “Why are you alone, where is the rest of your squad?”

He looks back up to me, “Sir, this place isn’t unoccupied, there is a town!”

I digest this information well enough, “And your squad went to meet them?”

He nods, “They told me to stay behind and protect the portal. They didn’t return, and I just now discovered their fate. Sir, this town has a bad vibe around it.”

My expression changes more to be concerned, “What happend to the other guards?”

He shakes a bit, “Their armor was gone, their Marks were replaced! They were running a hair salon, they were barbers! And the smiles they wore on their faces... they looked more like a mask then a smile, they were unnatural. I ran away as soon as it seemed they had spotted me. It’s like something from a horror book.”

I nod at this information, and I slide out my wand, “I think it’s time me and my squad go have a ‘discussion’ with this town.”

The guard nods gratefully, “And me, Sir?”

I smile, “You may join in with my squad. Or stay, I leave it up to you.”

The guard joins in with my squad as we start to move in the direction of this town.

———

I march into the town with purpose. Well, not town, more village, but I’m too angry to worry about samantics. I can see all of the citizens come out of their house... unusual. If someone with my expression marches into town with armed forces behind me, you usually flee and hide instead of come out.

All of them have that unnatural smile the guard mentioned, and all of them have equal signs as Marks. One of them comes out from a head building that is much brighter, and is wearing an actual smile. It’s obvious to tell who’s a leader if they distinguish themselves like this.

She walks up to us, and gives a big smile, “Welcome to Our Town, strangers!”

All of the citizens start to move in sync, and music starts up.

The leader smiles and looks around, “Heads high, ponies! Marching proud! All together now! Every one of you! No pony left behind!”

The citizens all start to sing.

“In Our Town, in Our Town
We don't have to wait
To find out that our destiny
Is just to emulate!”

The leader smiles again, “Let’s see those big, happy, smiles!”

“Life is a smile in Our Town
Our cutie mark's the same
Because we do not separate
Ourselves by more than name!”

“In Our Town, in Our Town
We dare not compete
Winning only breeds the worst
Ego-filled conceit!”

The leader looks at my unamused expression, “You see! Now everypony wins!”

I smirk, “All I see here is a cult forced into following a leader who is doing the right thing for the wrong reasons.” I march up to face the leader head on, “All I see here is an arsehole who kidnapped and changed my guards!”

She simply smiles, “But can you deny that equality is the best path?”

I shake my head, “No, equality is a great thing. But your execution of it is wrong. It’s like Harrison Bergeron or whatever it was called. Make the smart stupid, make the strong weak, make the beautiful ugly, make the healthy sick, make the speech impeded the norm.”

She looks around, “Well, is there any other way it is possible? You cannot make ponies equal unless you strip away the Mark!”

I shake my head, “No, what you can do is make machines that can enable the ones without that talent to do the same.”

She shakes her head as well, “Impossible. Just like you cannot make an earth pony teleport, you cannot make a guard be defeated by one not destined to be one.”

I smile, “We teleported here by useing a machine, and my guards are all earth ponies. A citizen useing a mech could crush ten guards.”

She thinks for a bit, “Maybe I am wrong then. But how can we produce that technology?”

I smile and pull out a contract, “You can join the Bananaramma Corporation, and have your equality ensured by our machines as we come up with them. Also, we can grow your town bigger. You will stay mayor, but the Marks have to be returned.”

She thinks for a bit, “If it will ensure we have equality... I will sign.”

I hand her it, and she signs it. I smile and take the contract, “Then you are now Mayor under the Bananaramma Corporation, what ever your name is.”

She smiles, “Starlight Glimmer.”

I smile back, “Emperor Eric McBad. Now, let’s get those Marks back.”