• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 2,337 Views, 118 Comments

I'm in Love with the Mailmare - brycewhalen



Golden Scale wants to start a new, simple life in Ponyville, but falling in love with the mail woman makes it rather difficult. Humanized Equestria.

  • ...
14
 118
 2,337

Chapter 8

The next day started the same as the last. Well, almost the same.

“You ate my plates!” I screamed at Draco.

“You don’t even use plates,” argued the dragon.

“I do use plates. When I have guests over. Now I can’t have guests over for dinner because I don’t have my fucking plates... or spoons!” I was really getting tired of this shtick. “Seriously, you don’t even fit though my door!” I threw my hands in the air. “I don’t have time for this. I need to get to the school house.” I turned to leave.

“Why are you going to the school?” asked Draco. A smirk formed on his snout. “Fail a grade?”

I let out a sarcastic laugh. “Hardy har har. You’re so funny. By the way, when Ditzy comes over, tell her I’ll be taking Dinky home.”

Draco huffed. “Sure thing.”




I enjoyed my walk to the school house. Autumn is my favorite season. It was warm but a nip was in the air. The brown and yellow leaves complimented the walkways nicely. It was times like these, that I felt true serenity.

It was around eleven o’clock when I arrived at the school. Class was already in session. I stood at the door of the school house, wondering what I should do. Perhaps I should come back later… nah. I slammed open the door, causing a loud boom to echo through the classroom.

“Greetings, small children!” The students looked at me. Half were caught off guard and jumped and the other half was excited. Then, they all let out cheers of joy for I, Scales the story teller, had returned.

I looked over to Cheerilee who was wearing an expression of displeasure. She was obviously upset that I had interrupted her class. She stared me down.

“You could always knock, you know.”

I tapped a fist on the chalkboard. “Knock, knock.” Her stare got more intense. “Aw, c’mon now. Don’t pretend you’re not happy to see me.” I wrapped my arm around her and brought her close.

“I would be,” she began, unwrapping my arm from her. “if you didn’t interrupt my class. Knocking is one thing but barging in is another.” She crossed her arms as her eyes burned a hole through me.

“Fine, fine. I’m sorry,” I apologized. “What was this classroom full of bright minds learning before I so rudely barged in?”

Miss Cheerilee resumed her spot at the side of the chalkboard. “Math.”

“Aw, I love math.” Math was always easy for me. I might have had trouble with most subjects in school, but math was not one of them. “Ask me a question.”

It might have just been my imagination, but I thought I saw her get a devilish smile. “What’s 34 times 4?”

Easy. “136.” I replied almost instantly. The class let out a barrage of ‘ooh’s.

“56 times 12?”

“672.” Again, instantly.

“756 times 234?” Her voice became sterner.

War is it? “176904.”

“78 divided by 94?”

“0.82979, rounded.”

“What’s the circumference of a circle whose radius is 34.7 inches?”

“217.916 inches.” She let out an audible growl of agitation and turned away. I took satisfaction from the look of defeat that had taken over her face. She gave up and I won this battle of brains. The class was left with their jaws on the ground. They had no clue if I was right or wrong, but judging by the look of the teacher, I was right.

I was indulging in my victory, when I notice Cheerilee’s face went from defeat to a smile. “What does mitochondria do in a cell?”

Clever girl. Math: easy as pi, literally. Any other subject: wat?

I squint at her. “You win this round.” The class lets out a small laugh, the kind of laugh you laugh when someone you love tells a really unfunny joke and you want them to know it was bad but still be nice. That laugh. Probably because they didn’t know what mitochondria was either.

“So,” I began, admitting my defeat. “Sorry for interrupting your class.” I walked to an empty desk in the back and tried to fit myself into it. “Please, by all means, go on with lesson.” I gave Cheerilee a smug look. She returns it with a smug look of her own and continues teaching the class basic multiplication.


What a wonderful day at school. I answered most of the questions, I won at dodge ball at recess (not really, that would have been just cruel), and I made a thing in art. Were she here, my mom would be proud.

The school day had come to an end for the children and the parents were outside, taking their kids home. I approached Dinky on her way out. “Hey, Dinky.”

Dinky turned around and gave me the most adorable smile. “Hello, Mister Scales.” She was wearing a pink t-shirt and denim shorts. She was adorable and I still need to buy a thesaurus so I can stop saying adorable. “Class was fun today.”

“I’m sure it was.” I squatted down to her height and rubbed her hair. “Guess what Dinky? I need your help with a very important, very secret mission. Think you can help me?”

Dinky stands at attention and gives me a salute. “Aye, aye, captain.” She obviously takes after her mother.

“Good. As you know, your mother’s birthday is tomorrow. I plan on throwing her a surprise party.”

“A surprise party?!” she said out loud.

I put a finger over my lips and hush her, as to remain in character. “Quiet, small child!” I say in a hushed tone. I looked left, then right. “Yes. I need you for two things. One, making sure your mom doesn’t come home tomorrow before six o’clock; and two, helping invite your mom’s friends. So, can you help me?” She gives me a small nod. “Good.” I really didn’t need Dinky for anything. I just wanted to spend time with her. I lift Dinky up and place her on my shoulders. “Now, off to the shopping district!” With that, we started for the shopping district at a brisk pace.


The streets of the shopping district were flooded with people. The adults were in front of the stands, buying food for their families, while the kids, fresh out of school, browsed the insides of stores, the candy store in particular. Everyone seemed so busy.

Dinky gazed at all the people from above my shoulders. She would occasionally spot someone she found interesting and when we passed him or her, she would attempt to turn to continue staring at them, resulting in her almost losing her balance.

I searched for the stands for the carrot vender. It wasn’t long before I found a sign with a picture of carrots on it. Underneath was the orange haired maiden, Carrot Top. Maneuvering through the crowd of people, I approached the stand. “Carrot!” I called out.

Carrot Top turned to my voice. When she saw that it was me and Dinky, she gave a smile. “Hello, Scales. Hello, Dinky.”

Dinky waved to Carrot Top. “Hello, Auntie Carrot.” Aww, how precious. She calls her ‘Auntie Carrot.’

“Sup, Carrot. I would like to invite you to Dizty’s surprise birthday party tomorrow.”

She seemed a bit caught off guard by the question, but it didn’t last long. “Sure, I’d love to.”

A smile grew on mine and Dinky’s face. “Great!” I replied. “I actually need you to help Dinky make sure she doesn't get home before six. Think you can handle that?”

“Okay.”

“Great again. One more thing, the only one of her friends I know is you. Do you know who else she’s friends with?” I felt kind of embarrassed asking her this.

“Well, believe it or not, Ditzy doesn’t have many friends.” Aww. “It’s really only me and Vinyl .”

Vinyl… Where have I heard that name before? “Thanks.” I replied. “Where can I find this Vinyl?”


Fucking Vinyl’s house. Being so damn hard to find. It took approximately 45 minutes to find it. It was right down the street from Ditzy’s house. Carrot Top didn’t have to give me all these complex directions. ‘Two miles down this road then take a left. Then go one and a half miles until you reach the blah blah blah.’ ‘A block north from Ditzy’s house.’ How hard is it to say that? Dinky and I were lost right at the first turn.

Anyway, currently I’m standing in front of Vinyl’s house, Dinky standing next to me, holding my hand. I hear the sound of a cello from inside. It sounded wonderful. From the sounds of it, whoever was playing it must have some skill with it. I could sit here for hours and listen.

Regretfully, I had to knock on the door, causing the music to end. Opening the door was a woman with tidy, black hair wearing a grey undershirt. “Hello,” she began. I sensed a slight Trottingham accent. “Can I help you?” She spoke poise and grace. She was obviously a member of high society.

“Hi,” I said.

“Hello, Auntie Octavia,” Dinky says with a smile to the woman.

Octavia leaned down to Dinky’s height and smiled. “Hello, Dinky. How are you doing today?”

“I’m fine. Mister Scales came to my class today and everyone had a lot of fun.”

“Well, that’s lovely.“ Octavia stood back up, met my gaze, and extended her hand towards me. “And you must be Mister Scales.” She wore one white glove on her hand, I assume for the cello that I heard. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

I grabbed her extended hand and shook. “Likewise.”

“So,” she began again. “Is there anything I can help you with?”

“Yes, actually. I’m looking for a Vinyl. Is she here?”

“Yes, she is. I’ll go get her for you. One moment please.” Octavia closed the door silently. Seconds later, shouting came from inside
.

“Vinyl! You have visitors!”

“Tell ‘em to wait! I’m naked!” replied a voice originating from upstairs. Dinky and I shared a quick giggle.

A few more seconds later, Octavia opened the door again. “I’m sorry but she needs to get dressed. Would you care to wait inside?”

“Why, I would love to.” Still holding Dinky’s hand, I follow her to the living room of the house. It was neat and tidy. A nice glass coffee table sits in front of a brown leather couch, with a TV directly across from it. Expensive looking paintings line the walls. In the center of the living room was a stool and cello. This house seemed to be rather well kept.

Octavia grabs the bow on the coffee table and resumes her spot on the stool. “Tell me, Scales, do you enjoy classical music?”

Dinky and I take a seat on the sofa as I form an answer. “I do enjoy classical music. Although rock is my favorite genre, my favorite subgenre is orchestral rock. Something about a chorus of string and percussion instruments brings me…” It takes me a moment to come up with the right words. “…A calming euphoria.”

Although she was caught off guard at first, the smile regrew on Octavia’s face. “In that case, I hope you don’t mind if I practice while you wait.”

“I would be disappointed if you didn’t.” With that, Octavia drew the bow across the strings of the cello. The sounds that resulted were splendid.

Oh, the music thine ears are hearing. Such serenity, such beauty. What lyre could create such a sound? Each note that hops off the strings tantalizes me and leaves me wanting more. This melody is fit for the gods.

Time flew as the cellist played her instrument. As she played I noticed how much she got into it. She seemed to move with the music. When the song was finally over, she turned to her audience of two. “What did you think?”

I stood up from the couch and gave a round of applause as I shouted out words that could describe her performance. “Gorgeous! Amazing! Wonderful! Splendid! Splendorous, even! You, miss, have a talent with that cello that no one could ever think of surpassing!”

Encouraged by my enthusiasm, Dinky began clapping as well. “I liked it too.”

Octavia began to blush as she was swept with compliments. “Please, you’re too kind.” She gave us a little bow and began to return her instrument to its stand.

“Great, isn’t she?” The three of us turn to the stairs to see a woman with electric hair walking down them. She wore a white tank top, unbuttoned short shorts, and the most dazzling purple glasses I have ever seen. In her hand was a beer. “Not as great as me, but still great.”

As she descended down the stairs, chugging a cold one, my mouth descended along with her. In front of me, was the one, the only, Vinyl Scratch, aka DJ PON-3. She was famous throughout Equestria for being the best DJ and maker of electronic music and dubstep. I had to use all my strength to not go into a fit of excitement. She finished her beer and attempted a free throw at the trash can on the other side of the room. She made it.

“Hi, Auntie Vinyl!” Dinky ran to Vinyl as she reached the bottom of the stairs and gave her a hug.

“Hey, Squirt. It’s been awhile.” Vinyl returned Dinky’s hug. I couldn’t help but let out a ‘d’aww’ at the sight before me. Cute little Dinky had that effect on everything. That ‘d’aww’ brought all eyes on me. “Who’s the cutie?”

Holy fuck, Vinyl Scratch thinks I’m cute! Keep calm, Scales. Don’t embarrass yourself. I greet Vinyl with a wave. “Yo. My name is Golden Scale.” Although I couldn’t see her eyes, I could feel them looking me over. I honestly felt violated. “I came here to ask you something.”

“And would that be to go on a date?” she said in a seductive tone, with a seductive smile, as she seductively walked towards me.

Holy double fuck! Vinyl Scratch is seductively hitting on me! Fuck, I have a girlfriend that I love with a passion and could never think of cheating on. “As much as I would love to, I’m taken,” I say with a forced smile.

The DJ’s smile went away. “Bummer,” she said with less enthusiasm.

Disappointment and regret filled my brain for a moment before I got back on track. “I’m actually here to invite you to Ditzy’s surprise birthday party.”

“Oh yeah, her birthday is tomorrow, isn’t it?” she said, walking past me. Awkward silence. “She your girlfriend?”

“Yeah.”

“Hmm,” Vinyl shrugged.

Awkward silence ensues. Vinyl walks into the kitchen and grabs another beer. I stare at her, still waiting for an answer. “So?”

“’So’ what?”

“So are you coming?”

“Yeah, I’m coming,” Vinyl said slightly irritably. Her tone of voice gives me a frown. For that short, glimmering moment, I was found attractive by a celebrity.

“Alrighty then, be at her house around five thirtyish tomorrow.” I attempted to put on a enthusiastic voice.

“Yeah, sure,” Vinyl said nonchalantly, taking a sip from her can.

I was about to bid my farewell when I realized something. “How rude of me.” I turned around to face the other musician. “I never invited you Octavia. Would you care to join us for Ditzy’s surprise?”

Octavia wore a nervous smile as she shook her head. “I would love to, but I need to practice and I have a performance tomorrow.” I could sense that she didn’t want to go for another reason, but I need to get Dinky home.

“Aww. Too bad.” I turn to face the door. “Well, it’s getting late and I need to get this little bundle of joy home.”

Dinky looked at me with saddened eyes. “Do we really have to go?” Her eyes were huge and shined like the stars. Her lower lip quivered.

My immunity to adorable puppy pouts has increased. “I’m sorry, but your mother is probably worried sick about you,” I said in a warm tone. “Say goodbye to your aunties and we’ll leave.”

She turns to face her two aunties and says in the never getting less adorable voice, “Bye Auntie Vinyl. Bye Auntie Octavia.” They wave us off as we proceed out of their house and down the street.

Arriving at the door of the Doo residence, I’m greeted with wood slammed into my face as the door slams open. The worried mother embraces her child. “Oh Dinky!” she screamed. “I was so worried! You weren’t home when I got here and I thought something horrible happened to you!” She wailed into her daughter’s shoulder hugging her tighter and tighter.

I was on the ground holding my bleeding nose and covering my mouth to prevent the tsunami of curse words from spewing out. Once Ditzy was done with her daughter, she stood over me with a stern expression. “Why didn’t you take Dinky home after school?”

Well, at least Draco told her I picked her up. Lifting myself off the ground, I replied, “I wanted to spend time with Dinky, so I took her to the park.” Dinky looked at me confused. I gave her a wink, indicating for her to just roll with it.

“Yeah, we went to the park and we had tons of fun.” She gave her mom a smile. Thankfully, Ditzy wasn’t able to see through our ruse. “Fine, but next time, Dinky must be home before four thirty. Got it?”

Her serious face is also her cute face. “Guard’s honor,” I say putting a hand over my heart and another hand in the air.

I looked into her eyes with a smile. This results in her blushing. She looks away with a “You better.” Ditzy escorts Dinky inside, and closes the door, without even as much as a goodbye.

I guess I deserved it. Walking down the street back into the direction of the shopping district once again, I gave myself a pat on the back. Step two, complete.


I arrived at my house and dinner was already served. Ham, corn, and potatoes for me and a large pork chop and emeralds for the dragon.

The only two things left to do for Ditzy’s surprise birthday party were setting it up and getting her gift. Setting it up would be for tomorrow and I already had an idea for a gift. One night, while watching the science channel; or was it the animal channel? Meh. I was watching one of those channels and found out that when a dragon scale is dipped in this certain chemical, called glowicerin I think, it glows a beautiful light show. What a perfect gift for a love one. Except a scale is so boring. What isn’t boring is a rose. I went down to a crafting store in the shopping district and bought a jug of that chemical and a whittling kit. I’m going to ask for, if need be take, some scales from Draco and carve them into three roses, that I will then dip in glowicerin so they’ll glow.

“Hey, Draco,” I say in a friendly voice. “I just wanted to let you know what an awesome time it’s been having you here and-”

“What do you need?” he cut-off mid compliment.

“About five red scales and three white ones.”

Draco lets out a hardy laugh. Were anybody nearby, my neighbors would be alarmed. “And why should I give you my scales?”

“Because I need them to make Ditzy a birthday gift.”

“Why don’t you just buy her something?”

I raised an eye brow. “Draco, tell me. When you love someone, someone you’re willing to sacrifice your life for, someone you’d give anything to be with, would you really be satisfied giving her a twenty bit ring for her birthday?”

Draco remained silent for a few seconds until answering. “What do you plan on doing with them?”

“I plan on sculpting them into roses and dousing them in glowicerin.”

“Glowicerin? You bought glowicerin?”

“A jug of it.”

“That’s easily thirty bits.”

“Sixty-five.”

“Sixty-five bits!” Draco laughs at me. Just because he's a dragon doesn't mean he doesn't know the value of a bit. “Love certainly makes man do stupid things.” He continues to laugh and laugh. He occasionally lets out a snort and flames come out. “Fine,” he finally says. “They’re plentiful around the tail.”

I give him the biggest smile a man could manage. “Thanks, Draco.” I walk to the reptile’s rear and pick the scales required. He lets out an “Ow,” every time one is picked.

Once I picked the scales required to make the roses, I thanked Draco again and returned inside. Time: 7:00. That leaves about five hours until I need to go to bed. I set the scales down on the coffee table in the living room, grabbed a soda from the refrigerator, and got to work on carving the scales.

Piece by piece, I whittled the red scales down into petals. Once all the petals were carved, I used a blow torch that I had also bought from the crafting store to weld them together. Surprisingly, dragon scales are very similar to metals in the fact that they weld. After the buds were complete, I got work on the stems. I took a silver scale and began to carve out thin lengths of it. I welded them onto the stem and used what was left of the scale for the leaves. I welded the buds on top, and voila! The roses were done!

I wanted to save the finale for the party but I also wanted to see a small preview. I took a toothpick and dipped it into the glowicerin. I held the toothpick over a rose and waited for a droplet to fall. When it did, well, it was all I needed to see. The petal, from that small amount began to glow radically. It shone brightly, enveloping me in its glow. It was truly, one of the most beautiful sights that I would hold dear. Then again, this was just a petal. The whole thing is bound to be better.

At that point, an extreme state of exhaustion had swept through me. I looked at the clock to see what time it was-11:43. Time for bed. I walked into my bed room, lay down on my bed, and simply passed out.



Birds chirped their melody outside my window. I slowly opened my eyes, and then shut them again. The sun, yet again, was getting me right in my eyes. Dammit Celestia, can’t a man sleep in on a Saturday?… Saturday. I bolted from my bed and checked the calendar. October 26. Ditzy’s birthday. Time. From the calendar, I dashed over to the clock. 11:16. I let out a sigh. I had feared that I might not have time to set up decorations.

I entered the living room to watch TV to pass the time until I got the call from Carrot Top stating that Ditzy is out of the house. I examined my roses, making sure they’re still perfect. The glowing petal was no longer glowing and they looked as they did the night before.

I sat down on the couch and flipped through the channels.


It was around 4:00 p.m. when my cell phone rang. It was a text from the ginger haired woman.

“Cargo is out of the storage bay. Repeat, cargo is out of the storage bay.”

I frowned at the text. Ditzy is not cargo. She is Ditzy. Anyway, I waited a couple minutes before I teleported into the Doo home, just to make sure that they’re gone.

With a bag of party supplies, given to me by Pinkie, I began to plan out where I would place everything. I’ll place some streamers above the doorway and along the walls. Have these little dangling things all across the ceiling. I need to angle the ‘Happy Birthday’ sign evenly with the door, and…


An hour and a half later, all decoration were hung and ready for… looking pretty. After making sure everything was in order, I teleported back to my house to get la pièce of résistance. The muffin cake. I walked to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator door.

There, sitting where I left it, was the box containing the masterpiece. Ready to leave and double check everything before the party, I grabbed the box and… the box is light. It weighed more last time. Opening the box, I found nothing to be inside. Where’s the muffin cake? I toss the box to the side and begin frantically searching through the fridge. WHERE’S THE MUFFIN CAKE?!

I stop in my tracks. Only one other person could have possibly been in this household besides me. “DRACO!!!” I shout at the top of my lungs. I storm outside to the dragon napping ever so peacefully in my backyard.

He opens one eye, acknowledges my existence, and then closes it again. “Yes?” he says groggily.

“WHERE THE FUCK IS THE MUFFIN CAKE?!” I scream.

“You mean that dragon sized muffin you had in your fridge? I ate it.”

“WHY?! I FED YOU PROPERLY! I GAVE YOU FOOD! WHY IN EQUESTRIA WOULD YOU EAT IT?!”

He stares at me for a few moments. “I was hungry.”

My eye twitched. “AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” I had no time for this. I had to make another muffin cake. I flashed myself back into Ditzy’s house, in her kitchen to be precise. I wrapped an apron around my waist as I searched for a bowl to mix the batter.

I found a large enough bowl and place it on the counter. I placed a stick of butter in the microwave, while I mix flour, baking soda, and salt in the bowl. I set the oven to preheat at 400 degrees. A levitating bowl was having eggs beaten when a ding came from the microwave. I took the butter out and let it set. Vanilla, milk, sugar, and a little bit of melted butter are added to the eggs. Then more butter. Then the rest of it. I pour the liquid mixture into the powder mixture and begin to beat it. Did I mention I was cursing at Draco the entire time? Because I was.

I was so distracted by my cursing that I didn’t notice the DJ standing outside the kitchen. “Yo,” Vinyl says with a small satisfaction in her voice. Probably from seeing me work like a dog.

“’sup,” I say with clear agitation in mine.

“Whoa, what’s got your panties in a twist?”

“Dragons are what have my panties in a twist.”

“Dragons?”

“Exactly.” Once my batter was all nice and batter-y, I searched through the cupboards for a cake pan. After tossing, nearly twenty muffin pans out of the way, I finally found one. I pour the batter into the pan and put it the oven.

“There,” I said triumphantly. “All that’s left is to wait for it to bake.”

Vinyl lets out a small chuckle. “What about the blueberries?”

Fuck, I didn’t put blueberries in! Without thinking, I quickly grab the tray in the oven. That’s when I learned metal heats up fast. I pulled it out of the oven but the searing pain of hot metal mad me retract my hand. The tray went with it. It flew across the kitchen landing on who else but Vinyl. Batter dripped down her through her hair and down her face. I feel the anger radiating off her. “What the hell was that for?!”

I recoil from her shout. “It was an accident.”

She puts her hand on her hair and looks at the batter on her hand. “It all over me!”

Right now, I’m trying my best not to laugh. “I’m so sorry.” I snicker sneaks out.

I could feel her eyeing daggers at me through her glasses. She lets out a sigh of agitation when an “Ahem,” come from behind us. Standing at the entry way to the kitchen, was Ditzy, Dinky, and Carrot Top, each with a shocked expression on their face.

Awkward silence. I point a finger at the confetti cannons and fire a quick magic bullet. Confetti fires and I yell “Surprise!” Awkward silence continues. Way to go, Scales.


The party went better than expected in the end. We made an express call to Sugar Cube Corner and Pinkie delivered some muffins. Vinyl was able to use Ditzy’s shower to get the batter out of her hair and the rest of the night was spent talking. Everybody told stories and jokes. It was a great night.

Vinyl got Ditzy her newest album before it came out in retail stores. Carrot got her a pair of muffin ear rings. Dinky got her mother a card.

Currently, Vinyl and Carrot have left and Dinky is being tucked into bed. As Ditzy exited her daughter’s room, she sat down next to me on her couch. She latches on to my arm and says “Thank you for such a fun birthday party. It was the best I ever had.”

“Even though it was a complete disaster?”

“It wasn’t a disaster.” She leaned her head on my shoulder. “It’s the best gift I could have asked for.”

“Oh, that wasn’t your birthday present.” I lift myself from the couch.

“It’s not?”

“Hold on for one second.” With a flash I was gone. With another flash, I was back with a vase holding the three roses.

Her eyes get wide at the sight of them. She grabs a rose and brings it close to her face. “It’s beautiful.”

I hand her the vase and tell her, “One more second.” I do my disappearing and reappearing act once more. This time I reappear with a beaker of glowicerin. “Ditzy, may I see the vase?” She hands me the vase and I set it down on the table. I turn off the lights; I sit back down next to Ditzy and pour the glowicerin over the roses. They begin to light up the room. Auroras of red and silver emitted from the roses. Red slivers of light cover the room. It was as though the sun was reflecting off a red sea.

Ditzy was left with her mouth agape. Her eyes wandered the room in different directions, taking in the beautiful scene that lay before her. Without warning, she pounced on me, wrapping her arms around me.

“Thank you!” she said through tears. I did the only thing I could do and wrapped my arms around her. There we lay in each other's embrace.

When she finally raises her head from my chest, she stares in to my eyes, and I into hers. They captivated me. Enticed me. I could stare into them until the end of time. The red light shined on her face, covering her in even more beauty. Her hair dropped over me. It smelled like, what else but muffins. Then, we both lean in, close our eyes, and our lips meet. At that moment, my body was flooded with a warmth I never felt before. Her lips were as soft and smooth as real roses. The warmth of her breath felt right.

So there we lay, in each other's embrace, kissing passionately. Times like these are the times I wish would never end. Unfortunately, it had to as she broke the kiss. She rested her forehead against mine and whispered, “You’re the best boyfriend anyone could ask for.”

With a smile on my face, I whispered “And you’re the best girlfriend anyone could ask for.”










Author's Note: The words have been doubled! Also calming green text. This might be my last chapter for a while, not a hiatus thing. I know the general idea of whats going to happen but I don't know about the rest. Also the math question with the radius, I used 3.14 for pi. Anyway, thanks f0xhole for editing and thank you for reading.