• Published 19th May 2018
  • 5,130 Views, 673 Comments

Pokémon: Harmony and Chaos - Banshee531



Welcome to the Equestria Region, a land of Pokémon. Here, one young boy will begin his quest to become the greatest Pokémon Trainer ever known. With his partner Springer, he'll make new friends, rivals, and enemies on this brand new adventure.

  • ...
6
 673
 5,130

PreviousChapters Next
Working out the Bugs

In a lone unknown dark room, a single figure was standing in front of a large computer screen. She was a tall woman that was currently staring at the schematics for the layout of the Fillydelphia Garden building.

As a low sigh came out of her mouth, a door opened behind her, a shorter male figure stepping inside before kneeling, "Commander."

"Speak," the woman replied, not even turning to the other person.

"Our forces are ready. Operation Take Back can now begin."

"Good. And what of the false sighting we arranged?"

"Our reports say that both the Gym Leader and his second in command investigated them but found nothing."

"No doubt they expected it was a mistake" she commented as a lone hair fell between her eyes. "They'll likely think we won't dare do anything after such a claim, so they'll be lulled into a false sense of security. In other words, it will be the perfect time to strike." She then raised her hand, only to snap her fingers, "Its time. Head out immediately. I'll arrive shortly after phase one is complete."

"Understood," the man replied as he left the room, leaving her to continue to stare at the screens.

"I warned you that I wouldn't be taken down so easily," she mumbled to herself as the screen changed to show an image of Thorax and Pharynx. She growled at this as she stood, revealing herself to be a middle aged woman with flowing blue hair and dark skin. "You'll regret stealing what is rightfully mine."


The next day...

Several days had passed since our hero Flash Sentry, lost his gym battle challenge against the Fillydelphia Gym Leader Thorax. After the humiliating defeat he had suffered, Flash was now doing intensive training with his team. Currently, he and his friends were in the Fillydelphia Pokémon Center battlefield.

"Ri," Springer yelled as he created an Aura Sphere. Beside him was Tockwork and Higear, who were both preparing to unleash their Gear Grind attack. "Rio...LU!"

"Tock!"

"Gear!"

The three of them launched their attacks at their target, Prongs. The Thawn began jumping from side to side, evading each one of them. "Fay!" He called out as he landed, now dodging another incoming Aura Sphere. "Thawn! Fay!"

As for why he was doing this, it was to help Prongs build its speed. At the same time, Riptide, Peewee and Owlicious were helping Skyler with his evasive flying. Skyler was chasing Owlicious through the trees that surrounded the field, the two weaving their way through the branches. When they returned to the field, Riptide fired off a Water Gun while Peewee shot an Ember. "Chick!" Skyler did a midair roll to fly between the two attacks, dodging both.

Meanwhile, Viper was simply trying to work on increasing the power of his attack. "Hiss...SCOR!" He yelled as he fired a barrage of fireballs, all of destroying a bunch of nearby targets.

"Not bad Viper," he heard his trainer tell him from the side. "Remember, its all in your breathing. Don't rush your Ember attacks." Viper nodded before turning back to the targets.

Flash smirked at the sight before looking down at the table he was currently sitting at. There, six pieces of paper were sitting on the wood, five of them having Pokémon on them. They were Skyler, Prongs, Viper, Movine and Kingsect, while the last one had a large question mark on it. Under the pictures were words that showed the Pokémon's attacks and possible abilities.

The table also had one more thing on it, which was Flash's resting head as he let out a long moan. "Aw man...I'm drawing a blank here."

His friends all sighed at the sight. Twilight then sat down by him, a low grumble following as she said, "Come on Flash, stop sulking. I know making plans isn't your thing, but you gotta learn how to do this." She held up the Movine card, "Now, you need to think. For starters, who is the best match against Movine?"

"Viper," Flash replied, not looking up. "But I really think I should save him for Kingsect, since he's double strong against him."

"So you need to come up with a way to beat Movine with Skyler and Prongs," Doc told him as he held up the Skyler and Prongs cards."

"And whoever Thorax's third Pokémon's gonna be," Spike finished as he tapped the question mark card.

Flash let out another sigh before he started banging his head on the table. "This is hopeless. I'm never gonna come up with anything."

Twilight looked back at all the cards, specifically Flash's Pokémon. "Hmm...maybe it would be best if you switched one of your team out. I know you don't want to use Springer, and Riptide would still have problems due to Movine knowing Grass-Type moves...but maybe you could borrow one of mine. Owlicious and Peewee would be very helpful. Especially Peewee."

"No way," Flash told her as he glanced back at his training Pokémon. "I owe it to those three to win with them. I just need to find a way to beat those strategies Thorax used before."

Twilight let out a sigh, but nodded. "Alright, I understand Flash. If that's the case, let's go over the match once again and take it step by step."

"Sure..." Flash moaned as he looked back at Twilight, "But my head hurts already. This planning stuff is too much."

"Yeah yeah..." Twilight mumbled as she pulled out her journal. "I'm going to document several ideas we come up with. Let's begin."

But before she could start, Spike spoke up, "And while you're doing that, I think I'm gonna go see the gardens again."

"Why?" Doc asked.

"I heard someone say they're getting a new Pokémon and I wanna see what it is."

Getting a small nod from Twilight, Flash then asked, "If you're gonna do that, is it okay if Peewee stays here? He's really helping Skyler with his training."

"Sure," Spike replied as he hopped off the table. "See you later!"

Twilight gave a slightly uneasy expression on her face as she saw her brother leave. "Hmm...should I have let him do that? Is it really a good idea for him to be wandering around a big city on his own?"

Doc shrugged at this. "I'd hardly call it wandering Twilight. He knows his way around it well enough."

"I guess..." Twilight slowly replied.

Flash then gave Twilight a shrug. "I doubt anything's gonna happen Twilight. What are the chance of two dangerous situations taking place so close together?"

"I...I guess you got a point." With that, she looked back down at the cards. "Now, let's get back to finding a flaw in Thorax's battle plan."

"If there is one," Flash said as he picked up Kingsect's card. "He creamed me."

"No battle plan is perfect," Doc told him as he took the card out of Flash's hand. "You taught me that. Thorax has a weakness, and we'll find it."


A little while later, Spike found himself at the Fillydelphia Gardens. It didn't take him long to get inside, taking off his hoodie and placing it in a locker before heading towards the garden area. Once he was through the airlock, he spotted Ocellus, Thorax and Pharynx together. "Hey guys!" he said as he moved over to them.

Thorax nodded at the incoming youngster. "Hey! You're just in time. We're about to receive some new Pokémon."

"Yeah, I heard. So, do you know what you're getting?"

Ocellus nodded at this. "Apparently, some Heracross and Scyther had their homes destroyed by a storm."

"That's horrible."

Thorax nodded again. "Luckily, none of them were hurt. Now, they're being sent here until the damage to their habitat can be fixed."

In that moment, Pharynx's phone went off, which he answered, "This is Pharynx....yeah? Understood. You know the drill." With that, he hung up before turning to the others. "The transport's just arrived. They're loading the crates onto the lift as we speak."

"Lift?" Spike asked with a tilt of the head.

Thorax smiled before gesturing him to follow, soon leading him to another area of the garden. "The gym and Grubirth habitat aren't the only underground section of the facility. We also have a garage where the transports that deliver and ship out the Pokémon, which has an elevator that comes up here." He pointed to a circular section of the floor that had a line running through it.

"Wouldn't it be easier to just catch and transport the Pokémon?"

"Catching a Pokémon only to release it can be very stressful," Ocellus replied with big smile. "That's why most of the Pokémon we help are mostly captured by Rangers and sent here. Transporting can also be a little stressful on the Pokémon, so we need to be extra careful."

"It might be harder, but its in the Pokémon's best interest."

"Oh," Spike flatly replied, but before he could say anything else, the circle on the floor began to open. Once it was open, a round glass room folded out from the floor. Inside were two guys in uniforms, their faces shielded by sunglasses and a hat, standing next to a large crate.

The room finished being lifted up and then opened, allowing the men to gently drag the crate out. "Thorax?"

"That's me. Thank you for the work." Thorax then looked over the crate and raised an eyebrow. "Seems a little small for a Heracross or Scyther. How many more crates are we expecting?"

The two men shined a pair of devious smiles. "This is it." With that, they grabbed the top of the box and pulled it open.

"What are you-" Ocellus tried to ask, only for a yellow humanoid Pokémon to fly out of the box. It had white fur, and was holding a coin on piece of string.

"Hyp...no..." he slowly said as he swung the pendant back and forth.

Thorax's eyes went wide at this. "Don't look at it!" But it was too late. A layer of psychic waves shot out of the pendent, causing all of them feel a sense of tiredness begin to overtake them. Before they could react, the four collapsed to the floor.

And as the last of Thorax's consciousness faded, he heard one of the men say, "This is infiltration team one. Stage one is complete. Stage two has begun."


One hour later...

Back at the Pokémon Center, Flash and co were heading inside for a quick rest. "Great work team," Flash told them all. "We're really starting to make some headway. A little more of this and we'll have that gym badge in the bag."

"Though you still haven't come up with a full plan yet," Twilight added as she tapped her journal a few times. "Your biggest issue is that you don't know what that third Pokémon is gonna be. That means you'll have to improvise."

"Luckily, that's what I do best." Flash chuckled as he gestured to his team. "Now come on buddies, let's get some lunch in us and get back to work." The Pokémon all let out cries of agreement as they entered the center's reception, only to see a large group of people crowded around something. "Hmm? What's going on?"

"Let's find out," Doc said before they rushed over to the crowd and managed to push their way to the front. Once there, they spotted a large TV that everyone was paying attention to. But it was what was on the screen that had them all gasping. It was the Fillydelphia Gardens, but it appeared to have a large blue dome of light surrounding it.

"As you can see, the strange force field has completely engulfed the building." the newswoman said to the camera. "This strange construct, believed to have been the work of a Psychic-Type Pokémon, appeared around the building about fifty minutes ago. All attempts to pass through the field have been met with failure, as well as attempts to contact anyone inside. The owner, gym leader Thorax, has also been unable to be located. It is possible that he is inside, but incapable of leaving at this time. We will be sure to report any new findings as they are found."

Flash, Twilight and Doc all stared at each other in shock. A series of nods followed as they returned their Pokémon and headed to the door.


Meanwhile...

There was only one thing Spike could feel. It was cold hard metal floor.

"Uggghhh..." he moaned as he blinked his eyes open. He then picked himself up, and saw he was in a small room filled with cleaning equipment. "Where am I?" He asked, but got no reply. He then found he was not alone, as Ocellus was also asleep next to him. He then moved over to her and started to shake her. "Hey! Wake up!"

"Wha-" She asked as she began to stir, "Wha...what happened?"

"I don't know. The last thing I remember was those delivery guys opening that crate. Everything's fuzzy after that." He stood up and walked over to the door, only to find himself unable to open it. "That's not good."

"Oh dear..." Ocellus gulped as she stood as well, "Oh...I so hope Thorax and Pharynx are okay."


Speaking of those two...

It was at this time that the brothers were waking up themselves, soon finding themselves tied up and unable to move. "What the heck?! What's going on?!"

"I don't know," Thorax replied as he tried to pull himself free. "We're stuck Pharynx."

"Not stuck. Captured." The brothers turned to the owner of the voice, finding it was the delivery guy. However, he was now wearing a black hooded cloak over a gray shirt along with black pants and black boots. His face was concealed by the hood, only showing his mouth. "You are now our prisoners."

"Who are you?" Thorax asked as he got on his knees before picking himself up. "And why are you doing this?"

"They're doing it for me." Both Thorax and Pharynx froze at the sound of that voice. Before they could reply, they saw a blue haired woman walk up to them. She was wearing clothes similar to the man, only she had a black cap on instead of a cloak. "Hello boys!" She exclaimed, placing her hands on her hips before she shined a huge devilish grin. "Mommy's home."


Outside the garden, Flash and the others arrived and pushed their way through the crowd until they were at the very front. There, they found a barrier blocking the crowd, which Flash just jumped over, the other two following.

"HEY!" They turned to see an Officer Hard Case rushing over to them, an Espeon by his side. "Citizens need to stay behind the barrier!"

Twilight then ran up to him, staring him right in the eyes, "Please, let us help. My brother's in there. I can't just stand here." She and Hard Case then stared at one another for several seconds, until the officer sighed and nodded.

"Alright...but you have to do what I tell you."

"Thank you," Twilight replied, nodding.

"So, have you found a way inside?" Doc asked.

"None. We've tried everything, even digging under the barrier. But its not a dome, its a bubble and its completely encased the building."

"There has to be some way through."

"I wish there was kids. Our only hope is a Dark-Type, but no one on the force has one." The officer glared at them. "Do any of you have one?" His answer came in the form of three shaking heads. "Of course...we might just be out of options."

"Maybe not," Twilight instantly replied as she stared at the dome.

Flash smirked at this. "What brilliant idea you got cooking in that head of yours?"

"Its just a thought, but it might work. Though we're gonna need Springer to pull it off."

"Ri?!"


Thorax and Pharynx both glared at their mother, Pharynx letting out a low hiss. "What are you doing here, you old hag?! You know you're not welcome here!"

Chrysalis just shook her head at this. "My my, you never change, do you Pharynx. Of course I'm welcome here. I own this place and everything in it."

"Not anymore," Thorax instantly rebuked. "I beat you, so its mine now. You lost the right to call this place yours when you started humiliating your opponents. Then you had the gal to demand the ones you beat hand over their Pokémon!"

Chrysalis rolled her eyes at this. "Of course I did Thorax. If they won, they would have gotten a badge. Me winning and not getting anything in return makes no sense for a gym leader. Isn't that what the job is for?"

"A gym leader's job is to test trainers!" Thorax barked back, a dark expression slowly appearing in his eyes. "You used to be like...heck, I used to think you were the most caring person on earth. Its why I looked up to you." A low growl followed his next words. "But then you became this...monster. I had to stop you."

"But you couldn't, could you? That's why I'm here now after all." A giant grin appeared on her face as she continued, "After all, you're weak Thorax. Granted, you might have kicked me out of my home, but that only lead to me to finding my true destiny." She turned to the man next to her as two more stepped up next to him. "Ah, you're here. Bring these two traitors with us."

The men nodded and picked up the duo as Chrysalis walked down the path. Thorax and Pharynx tried to struggle from their now carrying captors, only to go wide-eyed as they now saw more grunts enter in and start tossing nets at the garden's Pokémon. They then stuffed them in cages, not even giving the most remote sense of delicacy or care while doing so. "It won't be long until someone gets through the barrier, so we have to act quickly. Once we're safely back at our hideout, we'll work to properly capture these Pokémon." Chrysalis ordered as she watched the capturing process. But as she did this, a sudden piece of thread shot out at her. She quickly saw it coming and dodged, looking up to see a Starider staring at her. "Pathetic." She pulled out a Pokeball, "Queensect, attack!" She tossed the ball into the air and it opened, releasing the red energy that took shape and faded.

The Pokémon revealed looked like a cross between a unicorn and an insect. It had flowing blue hair and a long horn with holes in it, along with a pair of hole-filled insectoid wings and bright green eyes. A crown shaped appendage was poking out of its head as it hissed, "Queensect..."

"I hoped I'd never have to see that thing again," Thorax growled as he watched the Pokémon stare up at the Starider.

The Starider let out a roar as it fired off a Sticky Web attack, only for its opponent to dodge it. "Copycat!" Chrysalis ordered, pointing directly at the opposing spider.

"Queen..." it said before copying the motion Starider just used, "SECT!" From out of its mouth, the exact same attack shot out. This time, it hit its intended target and captured the Starider, its body now stuck in a ball of webbing.

"Star! Star!" it cried as it struggled, only to hear Chrysalis laugh.

"So pathetic." she commented as she shook her head, "Now, let's finish this Queensect. Giga Drain!" Queensect's horn glowed before it fired out a green light, which struck the Starider instantly.

"STARIDER!!!" it screamed as the Pokémon continued to absorb it. "Star! Star!"

"Keep going Queensect. Don't let up!"

"STAR! Starider!" It tried to yell, its voice slowly getting weaker. The spider then escaped the webbing, only to fall to the ground with a thud. It was here that it's eyes were replaced with swirls as it moaned, "Star..."

"Tsk tsk tsk, to think that thing wanted to challenge me." Chrysalis remarked as she shook her head, "Queensect, continue with another Giga Drain. I want to make sure that piece of trash doesn't try to fight me ever again."

"Queen!"

Thorax and Pharynx both growled at this, Thorax then yelling, "STOP! You've already beaten it mother! You're going too far!"

Chrysalis let out a long sigh at this. "Oh dear. I thought I taught you boys better. Winning isn't what matters, its completely crushing your opponent so they never want to fight again that matters." With that, she walked over to the now defeated Starider and picked up with one hand, "Now, let's put you in a cage where you belong."


Back outside, our heroes and Hard Case were standing in front of the barrier, all of them with sceptical looks on their faces except Twilight. It was here that Hard Case turned to Twilight and asked, "You sure this is gonna work?"

"It's worth a shot," Twilight replied before turning to Flash and Springer. "You two ready?"

"As we'll ever be," Flash mumbled before sitting down crossed legged. "Alright Springer, let's do this."

"Ri," Springer nodded before stepping up to the barrier and placing his paws on it. Flash then put his hands on Springer's back and closed his eyes. He could feel himself trying to combine their auras as Springer put more pressure on the barrier with his paws.

"Alright buddy, let's try this..." Flash added as he took a slow deep breath, "Now...Double Team!"

"RI!" Springer pushed his aura into the barrier, his paws firing the aura through the psychic wall. Soon, he felt it flow through, the aura quickly taking shape past the forcefield and morphing into the mirror image of Springer.

"It worked," Twilight happily cheered, clapping her hands at the sight. "I knew that barrier wouldn't be able to resist that kind of energy!"

"Indeed." Doc added as he turned to Flash, "Can you see through it?"

Flash nodded at this. "Its a little hazy, but yeah. I think I can find it."Flash and the two Springers both glanced at each other before the copy began to run off, only to come to a stop as it saw a bipedal Pokémon with lanky arms, blue hair and several pink orbs on its body. Flash irked at the sight as he said, "Aw great...its a Mr. Mime."

A Mr. Mime was standing by the side of building, hiding behind some bushed as it used its psychic abilities to harden the air molecules and create the barrier. It was so focused on maintaining the force field that it didn't even notice the Riolu staring at it.

"You have to stop it," Hard Case said next.

"But Springer's at a disadvantage against a Mr. Mime," Twilight told him.

Doc shook his head at this. "He doesn't have to beat it Twilight. All he needs to do is break its concentration so the barrier disappears long enough for us to get in."

Flash took another deep breath, "You heard him Springer. Use Aura Sphere."

The Springer clone rushed towards the Mr. Mine, creating a small Aura Sphere in its paw. "Riolu!" it yelled as it thrusted the sphere forwards, instantly striking the unsuspecting Pokémon in the chest.

"MIME!" It cried as it staggered back, the Springer clone disappearing, as the barrier phased out of existence.

"Quickly! Get inside before it remakes the barrier!" Hard Case yelled before rushing towards the building, the others following after him.


Back inside...

Chrysalis had been watching the capture efforts for quite a while now, the grin on her face growing more and more. But as she did this, she looked up for a second, only to see the barrier go down. It came back up a minute later, but her grin was gone by then. "They moved faster than anticipated," she turned to several grunts. "Go deal with our guests. Now!"

"Yes commander!" They all said before rushing towards the airlock. As Thorax and Pharynx watched them leave, they shared a glance and nodded. Thorax then slung his head up, smacking the grunt's forehead while Pharynx spun around and kneed his captor in the stomach, causing the two to stagger back. And as the two saw the grunts falter, the started wriggling against the ropes, quickly freeing a single Pokeball from each, only for both to fall to the ground, releasing the Pokémon inside.

The first was Thorax's Kingsect, while the other was a slightly smaller version of Kingsect that was dark green with a red tail and horns along with purple wings. This one let out a sparkling glow as it was released. "KINGSECT!" The two cried together.

"WHAT?!" Chrysalis screeched as she turned and saw this. "Grrr...Queensect, to my side!" she ordered, Queensect quickly hopping in front of her.

"Horn Charge!" The brother yelled in unison as their Kingsect charged towards the Pokémon.


Meanwhile...

Flash, Springer, Twilight, Doc and Hard Case were now rushing down a hallway when they came across a group of grunts. Seeing their matching uniforms made Flash stifle a laugh as he commented, "Wow, did Halloween come early this year?"

"Who are you and why are you attacking this place?!" Hard Case demanded as he pointed at the group.

"We are no one of relevance," one of the grunts replied as they all pulled out Pokeballs and tossed them into the air, "Skullimor!" The balls opened and released a swarm of large silver colored skulls with snake like bodies that looked like human spinal cords, each with a pair of bat wings allowing them flight.

"Skull..." they all said together.

"What are those things?" Flash asked as he pulled out his Pokedex.

Name: Skullimor
Category: Winged Skull Pokémon
Type: Ghost/Flying
Info: This terrifying Pokémon uses its serpent like body to wrap itself around its enemies before it stares deep into their eyes. It is said that staring at this Pokémon for too long will allow it to steal your soul.

"That's creepy." Flash said as he pulled out a series of Pokeballs. "Well, they're not taking my soul. Come on out guys!" He tossed them into the air, the Pokémon soon appearing before the trainer.

"Chick/Ak/Fey/Scor!"

"You all come out as well!" Twilight yelled as she and Doc unleashed their Pokémon out as well.

"Psy/Terr/Higear!"

"Come out Espeon!" Hard Case called out as his psychic Pokémon appeared at his side.

"Attack!" The lead grunt yelled.

"Let's go guys! Charge!" Flash barked back before the two forces bum-rushed at one another.


Meanwhile...again.

In a hallway just a little ways away, a loud banging could be heard coming from one of the doors. It happened again and again, only for the door to fall as both Spike and Ocellus crashed to the floor, the wooden frame now broken from their attempts.

"Ow..." Ocellus moaned as they picked themselves up.

"Well, we're out. I just hope Thorax doesn't bill me for the door." Spike commented as he cricked his back. "Oh...that hurt."

"I think he's gotta bigger problems Spike," Ocellus told him as she dusted herself off. "Now come on, let's go see what the heck's going on and if we can help Thorax."

"Got it," Spike nodded in agreement before the two rushed off.


Meanwhile...one more time!

Back in the main habitat, Thorax and Pharynx had managed to get themselves untied as their Pokémon continued to battle. "Use Slam!" Thorax ordered as his Kingsect charged towards Queensect.

"You use Slam as well!" Chrysalis screamed as her Pokémon charged forwards. The two struck one another, locking horns as they tried to push the other away.

At the same time, Pharynx was battling the remaining grunts. Luckily, their Pokémon were Hypno and Alakazam, so his Kingsect had the advantage. "Bug Buzz!" The powerful buzzing sound echoed through the room, causing the trainers and Pokémon to flinch. "Now, Horn Charge!" Kingsect charged forwards, hitting each of the Psychic Pokémon with a violent smash.

Chrysalis saw this and let out a low growl, "Grrr….no! No, no, no! Pull back and then use Bug Buzz Queensect!" Queensect did as it was told, jumping away from its opponent as its horn began to vibrate and send out shockwaves.

"Counter with your Bug Buzz!"

"King!" Kingsect fired its soundwaves, two meeting and cancelling each other out.

Pure anger was now seething out of Chrysalis's face as she watched the even match. She then glanced over at Pharynx, who was easily pushing the grunts back, making her bite her lip. "No....I can't let this happen again, especially against these two...wait...that's it!" she muttered to herself, only for a nasty idea to pop into her head. She pointed to Pharynx's Kingsect and yelled, "Queensect, disengage your Bug Buzz and use Giga Drain on him!"

Queensect nodded and stopped its Bug Buzz, then turned to Pharynx's Kingsect and fired a green beam at it. "Look out!" Thorax called to his brother, but it was too late. The attack was ready to hit the Pokémon, only for Thorax's Kingsect to hop in front of the beam, instantly taking the brunt of the attack.

"KINGSECT!" It cried as its energy was ripped out of it, its form soon falling to the floor.

"NO!" Thorax screamed as Chrysalis smirked at the sight.

"You and your Grubirth were always too nice," she told her son while shaking her head. "Its what makes you weak."

Thorax growled back at this, "compassion isn't a weakness."

Chrysalis let out a loud guffaw. "Then why are you the one losing right now?!" She then pointed at Pharynx's Pokémon again, "Now, finish that one off with Slam!" Queensect charged at the shiny Kingsect, only for it to dodge the incoming beast. But as it did this, an Alakazam's Shadow Ball struck the Kingsect, causing it to let out a scream.

"NO!" Pharynx yelled as his partner was pushed back, only for him and Thorax to notice that Chrysalis's team's Pokémon were now fully surrounding them.

Chrysalis saw this and devilishly grinned, "Any last words for your Pokémon boys? You know, before I have ours crush the life out of them."

Thorax glared at the towering woman, only to smirk as he replied, "Yeah, I do."

"And what's that?"

"Nice timing guys."

Chrysalis raised an eyebrow at this, only to realize that he was no longer looking at her. She then turned around, only to hear someone call out, "Use Aura Sphere and Ember!"

"QUEENSECT!" She heard her Pokémon scream as it was struck by several mini fireballs and a sphere of blue energy. As it faltered from the attacks, the woman saw Flash, Hard Case, Springer, Viper and Espeon rushing towards her.

"What the-how did you get past my men?!"

Flash just smiled as he and his Pokémon came to a stop. "Wasn't that hard. My friends and I managed to push them back just enough for us to get here. They're holding them off for now."


At the same time...

Back in the corridor, Twilight, Doc, Peewee, Higear, Riptide, Prongs and Skyler where standing against the grunts and their Skullimor. "SHADOW BALL!" The grunts all yelled as the skull head Pokémon fired a volley of black energy balls.

"Confusion, Dragon Breath and Water Gun!" Twilight ordered.

"Gear Grind, Energy Ball and Gust!" Doc added.

The six Pokémon simultaneously unleashed their attacks, meeting the Skullimor's attacks and causing an explosion. Once the smoke cleared, Twilight stared at the grunts as she screeched, "Where's my brother?! Where is he?!"

The grunts didn't answer, their expressions blank as they pointed at the trainers, "Shadow ball again!" another barrage of attacks appeared, causing the other trainers to yell out another set of commands. And as this continued, Twilight heard a series of footsteps behind her. She then turned, fearing another attack, only to see Spike and Ocellus turn the corner.

"Twilight!" Spike cried as he rushed up to his sister.

"Oh thank Arceus you're alright." Twilight said as she pulled him into a hug, Peewee also flying down to rub his head into Spike's.

"Hug later," Doc told them as ducked down, a shadow ball just barely flying over his head. "We're in the middle of a battle people!"

"Right," they said as they all stared back at the enemy. "Let's take them down!"


Meanwhile....insert pun here.

"You have got to be kidding me..." Chrysalis growled as she turned to see Pharynx's Kingsect help Thorax's up. "Augh! Who cares anymore?!" she screeched as she pointed at the newcomers, "I don't care if a few more come and help you pathetic weak-minded lot! Against my Queensect, you don't stand a chance! Do you hear me?!"

Flash looked over at Chrysalis's Pokémon and pulled out his Pokedex.

Name: Queensect
Category: Royal Swarm Pokémon
Type: Bug/Dark
Info: An evolved form of Grubirth. Living in hives, it watches over the young. Unlike Grubirth, it can actually change its physical form, which it uses to hunt prey needed to feed the hive.

"Yuck. Looks like Kingsect won in the looks department," Flash commented as he put the device away.

Chrysalis hissed at this. "Impertinent whelp! Giga Drain!" She snapped her fingers as Queensect stood in front of her before firing a green beam at Flash. Flash reflexively backpedaled, only for Viper to hop in front of him and fire an Ember attack at the Giga Drain. The two attacks met and exploded, causing Flash to smirk while Chrysalis just growled at the sight.

"Copycat/Ember!" The flurry of mini fireballs slammed into each other, causing a series of explosions.

Despite this, the attacks continued as Flash cheered, "Come on Viper! There's no way that faker can beat the original!"

"More power Queensect! Beat him! Tear him apart!" The Queensect's Ember then began to push Viper's back, getting closer and closer to the Hisscor as the fireballs started to get in his area. "That's it...crush him!"

"Ri..." Springer gulped as he watched the exchange, a blue aura appearing in his paws. But as he did this, Flash blocked him with his head, shaking his head at the jakhowl.

"Viper's got this Springer. Don't interfere." Flash then glanced back at Viper, "Come on bud, you can do it! This is what we trained for!"

"Scor!" Viper roared as he tired to up the power of his Ember. He let out another mighty roar as he tried to remember back to all the training he had done that morning, all of it working on increasing his firepower. He then felt a fire burn within him as he yelled, "Hiss...SCOR!" Suddenly, the mini fireballs exploded into a full-on burst of fire.

Everyone's eyes went wide seeing this as Viper's new attack blasted through Queensect's Ember, instantly striking the bug. "QUEENSECT!" It cried as it was sent flying back, Chrysalis barely managing to dodge it as it flew past here and into a tree.

"What the...but how?!" Chrysalis whispered as she stared at her Pokémon.

Flash was equally amazed. "Wow...what was that?"

"Looks like your Hisscor learned Flamethrower," Thorax told him, chuckling at the sight.

"Awesome!" Flash cheered, "nice work Viper!"

"Scor!" Viper yipped, a big grin now on his face.

"Don't think you've won," Chrysalis told him as Queensect picked itself up. But as it did this, Thorax's Kingsect bum-rushed the Queensect, slamming into it with a Horn Charge.

"Queen!" It cried as it took to the sky, the two Kingsect following after.

"Aura Sphere!" Flash ordered Springer, who threw the attack at Queensect. It quickly struck the bug, staggering it in mid-air.

"HORN CHARGE!" The brothers yelled in unison as their Pokémon smashed the Pokémon with their horns.

"Sect!" Queensect cried as it fell to earth, hitting it with a loud thud.

Chrysalis screeched as she saw her Pokémon open its eyes, revealing a pair of swirls. "NO! NOT AGAIN!" She then turned around and saw Thorax, Pharynx, Flash, Hard Case and their Pokémon all staring at her. "You..."

"Give it up mother," Thorax told her with his arms crossed. "You can't win and you know it."

Chrysalis growled as she returned Queensect before glaring at her sons. "You haven't seen the last of me," she then pressed a button on a device that had been wrapped around her wrist. A second later, an Alakazam appeared right beside her, only for more Psychic Pokémon to suddenly appear, each one landing next to a grunt. She smiled as she placed her hand on its shoulder, only to disappear along with it.

"NO!" Thorax yelled at this sight.

Flash also saw this and quickly rushed towards the nearest grunt, attempt to grab him before he teleported away. He reached out and grabbed his shirt, only for the cloaked man to jerk away, causing his shirt to rip off before he grabbed the Hypno and disappeared.

At the same time, the battle in the hallway had the same results as a bunch of Psychic Pokémon appeared beside the grunts. "What the?" Twilight asked as she saw the grunts return their Pokémon, all of them then grabbing hold of the new Pokémon before disappearing.

"What just happened?" Spike asked as he pointed to where the grunts had been.

Doc scratched his head at the question. "I...don't know. They all just...ran away."


Several hours later...

Once the mysterious group had disappeared, the building was swarmed with reports and police officers. Thorax took it upon himself to explain what had happened, deciding to not leave out any details. At the same time, the others decided to help out by freeing the captured Pokémon from their cages. Luckily, Chrysalis hadn't managed to get away with any of them.

Now, our heroes were outside the building as the sun began to set.

"Man, talk about a crazy day." Flash commented as he rubbed his chin in thought. "Not what I was expecting from a day of training for my team."

"Tell me about it," Pharynx added as he tapped his foot in irritation. "But we won't let this happen again. I'm gonna go over the security protocols and make sure of it."

"That's good to hear," Twilight said before noticing something in Flash's hand. "What that?"

Flash showed them the shred of clothing he had managed to get off the guy he had tried to grab, "I got this when I tried to stop one of those guys. I just wish we knew who those guys were." Flash opened the cloth and saw something was printed on it. A big black S. "Wonder what that's for?"

"Can I take a look at that?" Thorax asked, Flash nodding and handing him the cloth.

Thorax raised an eyebrow at the sight, causing Spike to lean over and ask, "Do you know what that is?"

Thorax looked up back at them, then shook his head. "No, sorry. Never seen it before." He put the cloth into his pocket and turned back to Flash. "So tell me Flash, have you found an answer to my question yet?"

Flash nodded. "Yeah. What makes a trainer strong is having a reason to be strong."

Thorax smiled at this. "Good answer. So, do you have a reason to be strong?"

Flash sighed before shaking his head. "No, not yet. But I'm gonna keep looking for one. I'll figure it out, eventually. And until then, I'll keep training hard and get strong the old fashioned way." He then smiled and looked down at Viper, "and your new Flamethrower attack is gonna help with that."

"Scor," Viper nodded in agreement. He then took a deep breath before attempting to use his new attack, only to instead fire out an Ember.

"What the-what was that?" Flash asked.

"Looks like your Hisscor hasn't quite got the hang of the attack yet," Ocellus told him.

"Aww man..." Flash moaned.

Doc chuckled at this and patted his shoulder, "Don't worry Flash. I'm sure with a little practice, Viper will master it in no time."

Flash let out a long sigh. "Yeah...I guess you're right." He then turned to Thorax, "and when we do, we'll be back to challenge you again. I mean, if you'll let me. I know last time you said I couldn't."

Thorax gave him a large smile. "Considering what you did today and your answer you gave me, I'll gladly welcome another battle. Granted, I would like you to make sure you're truly ready before taking me on though."

Flash nodded at this. "I will. I'll make sure both myself and my team are ready."

"Very well. I look forward to our next battle then."

Spike took this moment to let out a yawn, the day's events having gotten to him. Twilight saw this and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Well, I guess we'd better get back to the Pokémon Center and rest up." Everyone nodded in agreement before going their separate ways.


That night...

Thorax was in his room, typing away at his computer. As he did this, a window popped up, causing him to lean back as a voice spoke out of the computer, "Hey, what's up? I heard about what happened. How is everything?"

"Not as bad as they could have been," Thorax replied as he scratched the side of his head. "We got lucky, that's for sure."

"Well, I expect a full report."

"And you'll get it," Thorax remarked before pulling out the cloth and showing it to the monitor. "But the short version is, those rumors we heard about that mysterious group of criminals? Well, they aren't rumors anymore. Team Shadow is on the rise."

A long sigh followed this. "I was afraid of that. We can't allow them to get away with whatever they want. It'll be up to us and the other Gym Leaders to find a way to stop them, so its probably best that we call an emergency league meeting."

Thorax nodded in agreement. "Also, one of the other gym leaders, Time Turner, is here in Fillydelphia City. Apparently, he's travelling with a group of young trainers, so I'll see to talking to him about that meeting."

"I'll contact the other leaders and get something lined up. We'll need to be extra careful about not letting this Team Shadow in on our movements."

"Agreed. Now, here's what I know about today's events."

A mysterious attack by Fillydelphia City's old Gym Leader has brought a mysterious group into the lime light. How will this effect our hero's journey? Stay tuned to find out.

Author's Note:

Hope you liked Chrysalis's introduction. Didn't think she would be part of Team Shadow, did you?

If anyone's having trouble picturing the clothing the grunts were wearing. Think of Sasuke Uchiha's new era design, except it has a hood.


Pokemon

Name: Skullimor
Design: Acquire Deletor Igor
Name: Skull and Timor (latin for fear)
Pronounced: Skull-Lee-More

Name: Queensect
Design: Chrysalis
Name: Queen and Insect
Pronounced: Queen-Sect

PreviousChapters Next