• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,361 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Needs Saviors - DashyJ



The Elements are the greatest power in all of Equestria right? But wtih no combat experience...

  • ...
5
 46
 1,361

Times Are Changing

The mane six were abruptly woken, by a smash outside of the library, followed by the familiar voice of Derpy Hooves.

“Oops! My bad!” Said the all too familiar voice. “I just don’t know what went wrong…”

Rainbow cringed, remembering the day everypony set Applejack off, the annual rodeo in Canterlot. “That mare…” Breathed Rainbow. “You may wanna check your house Twilight. Knowing Derpy she probably put a hole through the library.”

“Don’t worry Rainbow.” Said Twilight groggily. “I learned to magically reinforce my house from Derpy’s weekly mail drops.” She could remember the first time she met the wacky mailmare. You could still see some of the holes in the walls of the library.

“What time is it darling?” Wined Rarity.

“Ugh too early…” Replied Twilight. Derpy always came exactly at 6:49 in the morning on Monday. “I don’t get how she can come here exactly on time every Monday…”

Twilight was right, it was way too early to be doing anything. Even Applejack seemed tired that morning. Not saying anything, just waiting for Celestia’s royal carriage to pick them up.

Twilight walked downstairs, and beckoned for her friends to follow.

“Hey Twilight?” Asked Rainbow. “When are we going to be picked up? She must be crazy to be up this early in the morning. Crazier than Applejack.” Rainbow gave her friend a playful nudge. Applejack just rolled her eyes, not paying any attention to Rainbow’s ‘fun’.

By the time everypony had gotten up, it was 7:00 AM. Surely enough the princess’s carriage was in tow. ‘Exactly on time.’ Thought Twilight. She wanted answers, to well… everything, and the princess would have them.
“Morning Miss Sparkle.” Said a rather large Pegasus guard on the right. It was one of her old friends who used to guard the restricted section of the library. “Hey Steel Wing!” Asked Twilight. “How’s it going? Are you still at the same post?”

“Well I actually got promoted last week im no longer a Private!” The sergeant stated. “Princess Luna put me in for a promotion a while back, and my superiors finally accepted!” “I now am the lead Guard for Princess Celestia’s private Carriage.”

“I see that!” Twilight giggled. “It appears you have a rookie! I know every guard.” Twilight explained to her friends. The guard across from Steel Wing couldn’t help but blush. He knew that EVERY guard knew the famed Twilight Sparkle on some level.“Yeah we got ourselves a rook here.” Said Steel Wing, head locking the private with his wing. “Say hello Private, if you want to get noticed by our superiors, or either of the Princesses you gotta get past Twilight here first.”

But before the young Private could even say hello, Applejack interrupted. “Could ya have yer famly reunion sum time else? We’s probably as anxious as you are to get sum answers about our little problem…”

“Oh yes, thank you Applejack.” Said Twilight. “Well it certainly was good to see you again Steel Wing!” The six trotted up onto the carriage, and were off. For rainbow it was the most boring experience in her life. “SOO SLOW!” could be heard on multiple occasions. That was Rainbow Dash for you, always the speedster. Fluttershy seemed unaffected by the carriage, just quiet, like usual. Applejack was keeping Pinkie from jumping off the edge every other second, screaming something about the shineys. Rarity was curled in the farthest corner from all of the windows. She was the only pony to never had been on one of these flying carriages, and it was scarring her to death. Well probably not, seeing as how she’s a drama queen, so Twilight disregarded her and went back to her own thoughts.

‘I can’t wait to see the princess, it’s been so long since I have had a long talk to her about anything! But she corrected her thoughts, the matter at hoof is very important as well. ‘Why does the princess want to talk to us? It must be very important if she’s taking time out of her very busy schedule, just to have a talk with us.’

The carriage arrived exactly at 7:30 in Canterlot, always on time, always punctual. “be careful miss Sparkle”. Warned Steel Wing. “I haven’t ever see the princess like this before. She’s been wandering aimlessly around the palace for hours, obviously looking for something."


“WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?” Celestia boomed. “I NEED THEM!” Celestia had four servants in her magical grip obviously scaring them. All she had been saying all morning was “Where are they?” and “I need them.”

Luna was leaning against a very large door frame obviously amused. “Is thou missing something sister?” She mused. “dost thou need her FIX?” Luna really put emphases on fix.

Celestia looked around embarrassed, forgetting she still had the servants in her steadfast grip. “YOU! YOU CHEATED! I WANT MY BANANA FACTORY BACK!” Yelled Celestia. “I’ll do anything for my fix… I need my banana’s”she whispered with her head down.

Luna having too much fun with it, casually brought a banana from around the corner with her magic, and slowly ate it in front of her older sister. She made sure to slowly eat the banana, enjoying its rich texture. “We see why thou likes bananas sister” Teased Luna. “The texture and taste is simply magnificent.”

Celestia couldn’t take it anymore; she lunged towards her sister, screaming: “GIVE ME THE BANANA! I NEED MY FIX OF BANANA!” Legs flailing about while Luna gripped her with her magic, calmly reaching for another banana. This was the last straw for Celestia.

But as Celestia was about to attack her older sister over a banana, the mane six had entered the dining room.

“What in tarnation is goin on here?” Asked Applejack.
“Yes Princess why are you acting like a ruffian” Snorted Rarity. “Most unpleasant, especially for royalty.” Rarity stuck her nose up in the air, and huffed. Celestia and Luna gave Rarity a very cold stare. “Oh sorry princesses” Rarity said backing away, intimidated. “I was just…”

Celestia, walked up towards the six. “It is ok Rarity, Im just feeling a little… Short today.” Celestia said, knowing the next while ahead of her was going to be hard.

“It’s ok Princess we all know you are very busy”. Said Twilight, the only one who seemed to accept the apology. “What was it that you wished to speak with us about?”

Luna teleported right in front of them. Perhaps a little too close seeing as how Pinkie felt her personal space being invaded. “You see Twilight Sparkle-” Luna was quickly cut off by her sister. She looked towards her sister, seeing that this was going to be a private matter, and nopony was to know of this yet.

“I think we should discuss this in my private chambers, this is a very serious matter that will affect you for the rest of you lives.” Celestia said coolly. “It isn’t as bad as you think though, so don’t worry, I will release the details to you soon enough.” Enough as those words were comforting to the six it didn’t relieve the tension in the air. ‘It will affect us for the rest of our lives? This can’t be good.’ They all thought, but none of them dare speak it.

With another flash of magic, Luna, Celestia, Spike and the mane six were in Celestia’s private chambers. Celestia told the guards that they weren’t to be disturbed, and Luna took care of the blinds. Once a sound spell was established by Luna, Celestia had them all gather close, in the middle of the room.

“What we are about to tell you is very confidential.” Said Celestia. She looked to see everypony’s eyes wide with anticipation. “In the Past two years we have been almost overthrown 3 times. First with Nightmare Moon. Luna shuddered at the mere saying of the name. Then Discord, who actually succeeded for a time. And now our most recent attack with the Changelings. It is no lie that Equestria has few allies. And that means we are going to need to Brush up in combat once more. The Dragons are returning since the great migration and we’ve already seen what they are capable of.

Twilight looked at her mentor, then her friends being the only one to have the courage to ask their eternal leader the question that had been chewing at them all. “Umm princess what does all this have to do with us?”

Celestia laughed. “Oh Twilight haven’t you realised? The last time we were invaded, you fought a regiment of Changelings, sure the six of you were able knock out one, but they just kept coming an you were rendered helpless.”

“We think what our sister is trying to say is that you aren’t experienced in combat.” Trying to lighten the mood that Celestia had so readily darkened. “We wish to train you in combat; after all you are the spirits of the Elements Of Harmony.”

“Yes thank you sister” Celestia commented. “We have been observing Equestria for a long time, and have come to the same conclusion, multiple times. But not only do we wish to physically train you for combat, we need to train you to become the Element itself. No pony knows this, but an element who knows its true power and potential, are easily more powerful than Luna and I put together. We also plan on helping you with your nightmares, and how to harness your dreams. You will see what we mean.

There was a long silence, but it was broken by Rainbow Dash who promptly asked: “So when do we start?”

Celestia looked to Rainbow and smiled, well I was hoping we could start in a week, but this means you will have to leave your lives in Ponyville behind. Don’t worry I won’t hold it against you if you say no.

Applejack looked towards her princess. “Princess ah would love to help, but what about mah family? Sweet Apple Acres? Ah cant jus leave Big Macintosh to do all the work, he’ll kill himself!”

Celestia chuckled, she knew the Apple family well, and had always called first dibs on their famed Zap Apple Jam. Even before Filthy Rich. “Not to worry my dear Applejack, I can take the liberty of assigning workers to help your family when you are in training, or called out to battle.

“Well than ya kindly Princess! And ah think you’ve got yourself a deal.”
The rest of their friend listed their problems, and the princess quickly came to solutions with them. It was particularly hard to get Rarity to part with her shop, but she had done it after much persuasion.

After 2 hours of speaking to the princesses, everypony came to an agreement. They were to start training in Canterlot in a week. They even had their own shared quarters.

“Twilight?” Asked Celestia. “Is it alright if I stay with you in Ponyville for the week? I have some… Business to attend to there…”

“Why sure Princess! I would be happy to! But may I ask what business you have to attend to?” Twilight asked curiously.

“You’ll see Twilight, all of Ponyville will see…” Celestia said with her head down sheepishly. Luna just had a wide grin, bounding up and down with Pinkie as she left the room. This was going to be one heck of an explination to give to Twilight.