• Published 3rd Mar 2018
  • 298 Views, 11 Comments

I Don't Write - Clean Karma



This is a compilation (wrong word but...meh) of short stories featuring Twilight, her friends, and all of the characters of Equestria. That's literally it, there is no continuing story other then that.

  • ...
 11
 298

But Bucking is Best

"Why the word buck though?" Applebloom asked her sister confused, "It's a swear word ain't it? Why do we use the same word something we do as a job?"

Applejack had stopped her apple bucking to address the little filly and was now wishing she hadn't. She replied, "Um...why the sudden interest Applebloom?"

Applebloom looked annoyed as she asked, "Do you know how embarrassing it is for ponies tah ask what ya do for a living only to respond with 'Ah've been bucking my whole life'?"

"Well uh...um...it's just that..."

"Come on Applejack. There has to be some reason." Applebloom looked at her daughter pleadingly.

Applejack sighed, "Alrighty then. If you insist." Looking out away she lowered her head and began, "It all started with a pony named Apple Core back before Luna was banished..."


A green coated stallion walked down the street's of Canterlot. His blood red mane and tail shown brightly in the sun as did his cutie mark, a bleeding Appleseed. His day had been great so far and he was headed for his next job, but before he could he was stopped by a figure in a black cloth.

"Stop!" she said, "Go nO FeRtHeR!"

Confused the stallion out his only weapon, The great and powerful sword Apple Slice! With one swing this sword had the power to fell a thousand apples. Without. Bruising. A single. One!

"That's impossible!" The mare yelled in much to young voice.


Applejack looked at Applebloom sternly, "You want to interrupt or should I continue the story?"

Applebloom sighed and waited.

"Thank you. Now where was I?


Apple Core...bleeding Cutie Mark...great day...go no further...ah yes!

Apple Core spoke in the language of the apples to the strange creature, "Apples."

"I aM ViCtOrIa uMbRa! tRuE RuLeR Of eQuEsTrIa! YoU AnD YoUr aPpLe family CaNnOt porTeCt Th e pRiNcEsSs forever!!" from under her cloak to red spheres of fire erupted and flew at Apple Core.

He jumped four stories to avoid the blast, but even with this magnificent feet of strength his fur singed. He cursed, "Apples!" Upon landing he brought the sword Apple Slice to the ground causing an earthquake of epic proportions. The ground shook violently. Victoria grabbed hold of a nearby building to support herself but could feel her grasp shaking. Jumping off the buiuldings structure she created fire platforms to keep from falling into the falling chasm.

Apple Slice had split Canterlot in half!

"What!?" a little filly on the sidelines said.

Her big sister put a hoof over her mouth. Shut up she said.

As Canterlot began to slide down the mountain the two continued their battle. Stone whipped past them causing them to bleed and what not.

Finally the entire city crashed on the town ponyville killing all the residents within the fine town. Everyone but three had died: Luna, Celestia, and the sword Apple Slice. The princess took the sword and planted it in the remains of ponyville before rebuilding Canterlot and acting as if the event had never happened. But the sword did something spectacular. From it grew a tree. A special tree from which Apple Core was born again. He decided to live a peaceful life and nurtured the land to the ponyville we know today.

He remembered the last dying words of Victoria Umbra, "Remember me." and named the action harvesting apples bucking, because he misheard her name and thought she said Umbuck and not Umbra.


"...and that is why we call it bucking."

Applebloom looked at her sister for a moment before turning around, "Fine, if you won't tell me, I'm asking Granny Smith."

Author's Note:

I'll be honest with you...this went down a completely different path then I meant it to.