• Published 8th Dec 2011
  • 1,296 Views, 16 Comments

The Dawn of War - Iron Revolution



This is one of my first stories, so please bear with my somewhat contrived storylines

  • ...
 16
 1,296

Chapter 1

*Author's note: This is going to be a humanized story for the sake of my sanity, but there are a couple of things I would like to point out. This is taking place about 10, maybe 15 years from when the show is actually taking place. Secondly, much like in the story False Traitor, True Hero. The characters in this still have the characteristics that they have in the show. Pegasi still have wings and the unicorns still have horns. Also, I will still be using terms such as unicorn, everypony, and pegasus, just for the ease of everyone reading. Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoy the story!*

Date 4-7-1021.....

I started to mull over the events of my day, I thought about the reason I got this dumb thing in the first place. “Ugh, how did I talk my self into all of this, I have never been good at writing anything! I mean I’m at least adequate at all of my other studies, I’m surprised they even let me graduate from that class!” As I paused to think, I heard ink being scratched to parchment, I looked over to see the quill moving as fast as its processors could go. “Hold on little guy, don’t worry” I said as I slowly walked over towards my quill.

“You don’t have to go that fast” As the words escaped my mouth, I saw it was moving faster than ever. With every word I said it moved up it’s speed by a quarter. I slowly began to move towards the quill, as I got close enough I leapt up in the air and onto to the quill. After I finally got it to turn off I started to fiddle with machinations and wiring inside the metal core.

“This is actually relatively advanced for a guy your size” I said slightly petting the feathers towards the top. “Don’t worry with the upgrades I’m making hopefully we won’t be running into any problems again.”

*knock* *knock* *knock*

“Aw hell, who could that be?” I slowly rose from my place to go answer the door, “Just hold on little guy, don’t go”




*~*~*


“No thank you, I don’t want any of products!” I yelled annoyed. As I started to descend the stairs again, I heard more knocking “What did I just say, I don’t want any of your “miracle products” be it a miracle cream or even an intelligence booster or booster of any kind!”

I swung the door open about to lecture whoever was on the other side, only to find a familiar face.

“You were saying something about a miracle cream, eh Iron?” The blue pegasus casually walked in, playfully shoving me and shooting me a smirk. “Yes please, Dash please come in. It’s not like I don’t have anything better to do.” I said sarcastically, while slamming the door behind me.

“Oh come on, lighten up man it’s a perfect day for flying outside.” She said rearranging all of my belongings. “Yeah, but remember I don’t fly, better yet I can’t fly at all.” I said sarcastically, while fixing all of my things. “So what brings you to this part of Equestria again? It’s been about three years since the Wonderbolts were broken up so they could serve in the military,” “Five years...” I was already halfway to my to the kitchen by the time she spoke.

“What did you say?” I said slowly resuming my actions, “I said it’s been five years since we broke up,” She said solemnly, taking a seat. I came back with a hot chocolate and a coffee. She picked up her drink and took a few sips before we continued.

“Either way, what are you doing out so far out in the middle of nowhere?” I said sipping my coffee. “I just felt like visiting some old friends,” “We’re friends?” I interjected. She shot me a look of both admiration and annoyance, “Yes, we are unfortunately, I just came to check on you actually.”

“Check on me, what do you mean?” I said putting my cup down. “Yeah, more and more people are being drafted into the military, I just wanted to check on some of my old contacts.” She said looking down at the floor. I had never seen her so... so sad in all the years I’ve known her. She was legitimately concerned with somepony else in a long time. I slowly got up and walked over to her, and put a hand on her shoulder trying to calm her down.

She leapt out of her chair and held me as tightly as she could, slowly I gave the act back. She sat back down wiping her eyes, “Rainbow,” “Don’t call me that, nopony calls me that anymore.” She said, tears stifling her speech. “Rainbow, listen you’re going to be fine, I’m doing fine right now, and all of your friends back in Ponyville will be fine too. Have you told them you’re here?” Before she could respond, I heard knocking at the door, “Hold that thought will you real quick?” I bolted for the door as fast as I could hoping to continue the conversation.
*~*~*

“Alright there you go, thanks a lot Dinky!” As I waved goodbye to the pegasus, I turned to go back to Rainbow Dash. “Now where were you again?” I said tossing the mail onto the coffee table. “What’s all that?” She said drying her eyes. “Oh it’s just the mail, you can look at it if you like it’s just bills.” With this she started to flip through the envelopes until she came upon a starch white envelope. I took notice when she held up her hand to face.

“Rainbow, what’s wrong? What happened?” She didn’t say a word, she just started shaking her head; tears flowing freely down her face. She was trying her best to stifle a scream, “Rainbow, what’s happened?” She handed me the letter, I opened it up hastily not looking at the sender. I read through the letter, Rainbow had already started to sob little by little more each time I cleared a paragraph. The grimace that appeared on my face only did more to confirm her theories, by now she was completely silent waiting for me to say if it was real or not.

“I...I've been drafted”