• Published 28th Jan 2018
  • 4,309 Views, 110 Comments

The Story Of Rainbow - thedarktome



Who exactly is Rainbow Dash? She said she grew up in cloudsdale, but that's it. Her father said she gained all her mother's good looks, but doesn't she look more like her father, Bow Hothoof. And what do the Princesses have to do with this?

  • ...
4
 110
 4,309

Chapter 25 - Speech Of Love

There was utter silence in the crowd of a thousand ponies who were all trying to process the fact that the new Princess who just saved their lives was Celestia's daughter. Including Vinyl Scratch and Octavia, who were one of the first to see her in an Alicorn form and actually speak to her. Rainbow herself was currently hoping they wouldn't rash out and start yelling.

"Rainbow," Luna whispered from her left. She looked over and leaned closer to hear what her aunt had to say. "Maybe you should say something to, you know, calm their nerves. They are in a state of shock."

"Are you sure about that?" She whispered back, glancing at the crowd. "They look like they are about to burst and start a rampage."

"All you have to do is say a few words. Go ahead." Rainbow looked forward before she sighed and stood up, capturing everypony's attention, and walked towards the stage.

"Mom," she whispered. "Let me try and.......get them to wake up or calm down." Celestia nodded and stepped back, allowing her to take the stage, front and center. "Hello, Everypony!" She said, using her Royal Canterlot Voice. "As you all know, I am Princess Rainbow Dash. The daughter of Princess Celestia. The niece of Princess Luna. And the cousin of Princess Cadance. This may seem like a dirty hidden scandal. A scandal that you may think you were cheated out of. But that is not true. This was a scandal to keep you safe. If you had known, unknown ponies living in the shadows would have gotten the weapon and used it on Equestria. Because they know what happened to it and are desperate to get their dirty hooves on it. I was kept secret from you because.....because I was the weapon."

The ponies looked at her strangely, muttering and trying to understand what she just said. "The magic that the weapon possessed was transferred to me and I used it against the pony that threatened to take over Equestria. She was strong, but she wasn't strong enough. I went down because an interloper shot me with an arrow. But before that, she was weakened. And, above all, defeated in the end. We knew she was coming, but we wanted you to live your lives as if nothing was going to happen."

Rainbow decided to be bold, showing no fear as she walked off the stage and down into the crowd, who parted for her while she continued. "The pony who wanted to use your magic against you, my Aunt Spectrum, is currently in holding, so she can be cured of the dark and evil magic coursing through her veins, threatening to spill out and takeover everypony of Equestria to use against her will. To use the elements of nature to cause chaos that even Discord himself could not create. To cause unrest among ponies everywhere and to take over any neighboring nations."

Rainbow walked through some more ponies who were still trying to figure out where she was going with this. And the Princess herself was trying to figure it out too. She was just speaking with her heart. And it sounded good.

"Thankfully, she was stopped after I had weakened her and the other Princesses were able to subdue her. Although I was impacted greatly, and nearly dead, I did it to make sure everypony was safe. To make sure you can go home to your families with a smile on your face. To make sure that fillies and colts could roam free, go to school, have friends, and enjoy a hug from their parents with affection that even the Princess of Love cannot give. To live in the land of Equestria, in the way and reason that Equestria was built on. Harmony. Harmony, love, and....friendship. Lots and lots of friendship.

"Please do not be upset that we did not tell you about my origin, nor the storm that would have came had we lost. Yes, I understand your reasoning. My mother, Princess Celestia, did the same to me and told me AFTER I ascended. But she did it to protect me from ponies under her sister's influence that were out there. And still out there apparently since I was shot by an arrow. My daughter was crying after I was admitted in the hospital, crawled under the sheets with me to make sure I was okay and that she was close to me. But before I went to fight, I told her I just wasn't fighting for all of Equestria. I was fighting for her as well. And that I will stay around to see her take her first flight to the air when her wings grow. And she can be the pony that overcame the struggles of losing her parents who sacrificed themselves to save her, and make them proud by living on like they intended, taking to the air and yelling in happiness. That is what we fought for. That is what we are still fighting for. That is what Equestria was built on! And that is what has made us the empire of Harmony! Do not be upset my little ponies! This is what we do for you! To help you, save you, risk our lives for you! We love you!"

The ponies all started cheering and stomping their hooves, making the other Princesses grin and applaud with them before Celestia's daughter walked back to the stage and the Princess of the Sun herself was embraced her in a tight hug that Luna, then Cadance, joined in.

"I'm so proud of you," Celestia said loud enough so her daughter could hear over the roar of the ponies' stomping and cheering, nuzzling her mane. "Your father would be too." Rainbow grinned and returned the affection before Fluttershy came in and kissed her cheek, making some ponies gasp and cheer even louder. Looks like that secret's out too. How they didn't know before now was a mystery.

They let her go and allowed her to wave while walking off the stage towards the castle with her guards and fluttershy in tow, going to check on her daughter.

"That was wonderful Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said, stopping her for a moment. "You know what would hold a great impact?"

"What?"

"A rainboom." Rainbow's eyes snapped open. "A sonic Rainboom would lock it in." The Princess grinned before turning around and walking back towards the stage. The Princesses were currently getting ready to go while Celestia was currently making a final speech, meaning she had to talk to Luna.

"Aunt Luna," she said, catching her attention. "Is it possible......to do a sonic Rainboom?" The Princess widened her eyes and chuckled, seeing her plan.

"You'll have to ask your mother. She's the one directing everything." Rainbow nodded and walked towards her, right when her speech was coming to a close. She stopped and looked down, getting down to her level so Rainbow could whisper in her ear. After a few seconds she looked back up to the sky and pointed to the blue empty space.

"Can you get it right there?" She asked, watching Rainbow nod. "Then yes. The war on the ponies who want to grab you is coming to a close. It's okay now. Will you grab Scootaloo?"

"Fluttershy? Could you grab Scoots, please?" The mare quickly ran back to the castle to get the filly while Rainbow flapped her wings, shooting off into the air.

"And now!" Celestia yelled, catching all the ponies' attention. "We will now be given a sign on Equestria's legacy by Princess Dash! Look to the sky and you shall see in a few seconds!" The ponies all turned around before Twilight gasped, catching her marefriend's attention.

"What? What is it?" Cherry asked, turning to her in concern.

"She hasn't done this in so long....."

"I agree," Applejack said as the friends all came together, looking up to the sky.

"Mom, why did you wake me up?" Scootaloo said as she was carried on stage by her mother's back.

"Your mother is going to do a special stunt she hasn't done in a while that you will definitely love to see," Fluttershy said, piquing her interest. "Look up." Scootaloo looked up into the sky when a very shrill whistle sounded, growing higher and higher in pitch before it got silent. Then...it happened.

A huge explosion of color, a shockwave of light hues, that spread out in a wave all over Equestria where all Ponies could see it, and gaze in awe while Princess Dash circled back around to come in for a landing amidst all the cheering ponies screaming "Equestria" over and over again.

She landed on stage in front of the fluttering Scootaloo who quickly jumped and latched onto her muzzle, squealing.

"That was so AWESOME!" She yelled, hugging her. "You have to take me with you sometime!"

The princess of nature chuckled before plucking her off her face and setting her down between her and Fluttershy, who was looking down at her lovingly.

"Someday, squirt," she said, ruffling her mane before she and Fluttershy shared a kiss. Yep. The crowd DEFINITELY didn't care. They loved her.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter! If you want this story to be continued, give me some ideas on how to continue this storyline! I can see you guys are really enjoying this! So I've decided to go ahead and make this crowdsourced!

Follow me on Twitter! I'm just getting back on it after a two to three month long hiatus! I'll be posting updates on my stories as well as asking for input!

Comment what you think down below!